TwelverShia.net Forum

Did you turn ex shia because of a sunni speaker?

sid

Did you turn ex shia because of a sunni speaker?
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »
Did anyone ever turn sunni here because of they like listening to a particular sunni lecturer? like you liked nouman ali khan or mufti menk more than shia speakers?

ZulFiqar

Re: Did you turn ex shia because of a sunni speaker?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:13:18 PM »
Your question just made me realise how inferior Shi’ism is because they don’t have these kind of speakers apart from perhaps Ammar Nakhshawani. There are some Shī’i speakers who may give interesting and in depth talks on history like Dr. Usāma al-Atar, and some on geopolitical issues. But I don’t know a single Shī’i Dhākir or ‘Ālim who can go in depth and explain the subtleties and beauty of the Qur’ān al-Karīm. Most of them are boring and even painful to listen to. Now in the Sunni world you have Nu’mān ‘Ali Khān whose in depth study of the Qur’ān is at times mind blowing. In the Urdu world you have Dr. Isrār Ahmad (rahimahullāh), Eng. Muhammad ‘Ali Mirzā. For motivational speakers there are some in Jamā’at-ut-Tablīgh like Tāriq Jamīl, Junaid Jamshed (rahimahullāh), although their talks are devoid of ‘Ilm and are simply motivational preaching. In depth knowledge based talks of ‘Allāma Tāhir-ul-Qādiri on certain issues are enlightening and enjoyable to listen to. Coming back to the English world, Yāsir Qādi’s knowledge based talks are wonderful, especially those dealing with the Sīra and history of the Companions. Likewise some people were very impressed with Anwar al-Awlaki’s talks.
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

muslim720

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 11:19:36 PM »
Now in the Sunni world you have Nu’mān ‘Ali Khān whose in depth study of the Qur’ān is at times mind blowing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What did you just do?  Did you just praise brother Nouman Ali Khan when couple of weeks ago (while debating with me), you had nothing but mockery for his understanding of Arabic language.

Indeed you are a follower of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed.  Much like him, you constantly change your mind (or colors I should say).  You roll with whatever gets you by for the day.  The very next day, you turn against the same thing you were rolling with the day before.

In the Urdu world you have Dr. Isrār Ahmad (rahimahullāh)

Anti-Qadiani.

In depth knowledge based talks of ‘Allāma Tāhir-ul-Qādiri

Another anti-Qadiani scholar that brought your Qadiani aspirations to a screeching halt in the Pakistani Supreme Court.

By the way, I am sure you've mouthed off in the other topic.  I have to find what it was so a reply is upcoming, iA.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:20:41 PM by muslim720 »
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

ZulFiqar

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 11:37:47 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What did you just do?  Did you just praise brother Nouman Ali Khan when couple of weeks ago (while debating with me), you had nothing but mockery for his understanding of Arabic language.

As usual you quote me out of context: http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-discussion/qadiyani's/msg16777/#msg16777

I am not a ‘Qādiyāni’ but an ordinary Muslim with no affiliation to any group or political party. Yes, I respect Ghulām Ahmad for his invaluable contributions to the defense and propagation of my Religion, just like I have praised Dr. Isrār and Nu’mān ‘Ali Khān, that doesn’t mean I consider them perfect or infallible. I disavow ‘personality worship’ but acknowledge the services rendered to this Faith by any pious and knowledgable Muslim. Although I have praised these individuals, I also reserve criticism for them based on their errors and misconceptions.
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

Hadrami

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 05:52:15 AM »

I am not a ‘Qādiyāni’ but an ordinary Muslim with no affiliation to any group or political party. Yes, I respect Ghulām Ahmad for his invaluable contributions to the defense and propagation of my Religion, just like I have praised Dr. Isrār and Nu’mān ‘Ali Khān, that doesn’t mean I consider them perfect or infallible. I disavow ‘personality worship’ but acknowledge the services rendered to this Faith by any pious and knowledgable Muslim. Although I have praised these individuals, I also reserve criticism for them based on their errors and misconceptions.

😂😂😂 is this qadiyani taqiyya? You went the distance in several articles praising and defending that cursed died in his own faeces kafir, while degrading hanafi, shafi'i etc and you claim not to be a qadiyani? You are defending a kafir. Its like a shia saying i dont believe in tahrif, but admire and praise al-majlisi and say he was a pious and did great contribution to Islam 😂😂😂
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:58:20 AM by Hadrami »

muslim720

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 11:55:27 PM »
As usual you quote me out of context

A man with a false prophet has no context, no spine and no honor as we shall see in a bit.

I am not a ‘Qādiyāni’ but an ordinary Muslim with no affiliation to any group or political party. Yes, I respect Ghulām Ahmad for his invaluable contributions to the defense and propagation of my Religion

On the authority of which Islamic scholar do you pay homage to the one-eyed Dajjal look-alike false prophet who died in his own feces?

just like I have praised Dr. Isrār and Nu’mān ‘Ali Khān, that doesn’t mean I consider them perfect or infallible.

You quoted Abu Mussab to find fault in brother Nouman Ali Khan.  Do you understand the insinuation behind your action or do you play dumb to be like your false prophet?

I disavow ‘personality worship’ but acknowledge the services rendered to this Faith by any pious and knowledgable Muslim. Although I have praised these individuals, I also reserve criticism for them based on their errors and misconceptions.

Once again, based on what criteria and authority do you reserve criticism for these individuals?
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

muslim720

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 11:57:37 PM »
😂😂😂 is this qadiyani taqiyya? You went the distance in several articles praising and defending that cursed died in his own faeces kafir, while degrading hanafi, shafi'i etc and you claim not to be a qadiyani? You are defending a kafir. Its like a shia saying i dont believe in tahrif, but admire and praise al-majlisi and say he was a pious and did great contribution to Islam 😂😂😂

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah,
Please do not compare Shias with Qadianis.  Shias are Muslims.  The dog (although najis) of a Shia is more dear to me than the best of Qadianis.

Hadrami

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 03:15:19 AM »
Please do not compare Shias with Qadianis.  Shias are Muslims.  The dog (although najis) of a Shia is more dear to me than the best of Qadianis.

wa alaykumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

There are many (new) shias in my country who dont know the kufr of their scholars and all they know is that they worship Allah & follow ahlulbayt ra, if thats what you mean by shia who are considered muslim, yes, i agree with you. However shia who knows the kufr beliefs of their scholar who were proponent of tahrif, takfir of Ummulmukminin ra etc but still call them pious muslim & great scholars, then its pretty hard to consider those shia as muslim.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:16:30 AM by Hadrami »

muslim720

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 07:52:12 AM »

wa alaykumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

There are many (new) shias in my country who dont know the kufr of their scholars and all they know is that they worship Allah & follow ahlulbayt ra, if thats what you mean by shia who are considered muslim, yes, i agree with you. However shia who knows the kufr beliefs of their scholar who were proponent of tahrif, takfir of Ummulmukminin ra etc but still call them pious muslim & great scholars, then its pretty hard to consider those shia as muslim.

I totally hear you bro but unless they are in the same class as Hassan Allahyari or Yasser Al-Habib, I still harbor good feelings for them and give them the benefit of doubt.  However, since we have a Qadiani in the midst - and that is how the Shia angle came into the discussion - I would like to narrate an experience.

Living in USA, I am of the belief that it is injustice for someone (from US or Canada) to visit Europe until they have explored all the beautiful places in these two countries.  One such beautiful place is Banff National Park.  If you Google it, you will be amazed.  Nevertheless, the first time I visited Banff, I had to fly into Calgary, Alberta (closest airport to Banff is an hour and a half away in the closest metropolitan city, Calgary).  So I was driving in Calgary and searched for the closest mosque.  Google returned my search request with the Qadiani temple.  I did not know that it was an Ahmadi temple until I got to it.  Wallaahi, I did not even drive on it's parking lot to make a legal U-turn; I made a U-turn on the road.  In contrast, I have no problems praying at a Shia mosque behind a Shia imam....and I have done so many times.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:53:17 AM by muslim720 »

Hadrami

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 09:48:09 AM »
I love praying outdoor when travelling to beautiful places especially where theres not many muslim. Once a nonmuslim came and ask how do I know the direction and i said "compass?" 😁 Next time pray outside their "masjid" just to piss them off bro 😂

As for praying behind shia imam, thats a bit too risky. I wont do that for sure.

muslim720

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »
I love praying outdoor when travelling to beautiful places especially where theres not many muslim.

That's me, all day, every day!

Next time pray outside their "masjid" just to piss them off bro 😂

I do not like to pray outside temples or in their vicinity.  And that day (while I was in Calgary), I was pointed to a beautiful mosque (minutes away from the Qadiani temple) and I prayed jummah there.

As for praying behind shia imam, thats a bit too risky. I wont do that for sure.

Like I said, I harbor good feelings and it is always nice to see them look at you weird at first (because you are praying with your hands folded) but then smile ear-to-ear after you're done praying.  To them, it gives them validation that we do not consider them as less than us.  So by praying with them, I disprove a chunk of the lies they're fed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:49:38 PM by muslim720 »

Hadrami

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 12:25:42 AM »
Oh ok, so thats your aim. Many of them prob think, ah look at this lost soul who need saving 😀 Ive prayed with them (not behind shia imam), but can't have khusyu' no matter how hard i tried. Their belief in regards to the sahaba, ummulmukminin etc was always on the back of my mind when they pray near me. Once i prayed next to a shia & could hear him repeating al-fatihah louder than normal, with one of the worst recitation i've ever heard, i simply stopped then moved away. That's why i said it's risky, i want to save my prayer. Later i had a chat with him and he said hes from Isfahan. Love to go there to see how the sunni community is like & see Isfahan beautiful masajid though I guess i wont be able to pray with khusyu' in lots of masajid there too 😂😂

Hamid ibn Askar

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »
 >:(
Did anyone ever turn sunni here because of they like listening to a particular sunni lecturer? like you liked nouman ali khan or mufti menk more than shia speakers?

I personally was impressed alot by Dr Bilal Philips especially by his book Fundementals of Tawheed. It's a master piece which i recommend every Muslim let alone Sunni or Shia to read. You will know what I mean when you read it.