TwelverShia.net Forum

ex shias and taraweeh

sid

ex shias and taraweeh
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:04:06 AM »
Salam , to any ex shia here, what was your first experience of taraweeh like?

Rationalist

Re: ex shias and taraweeh
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 05:20:21 AM »
I'm sure you have a smirk on your face when you ask these types of questions.
However, Ayatollah Fadllullah says one can pray it with the Niyah of Furada.

ZulFiqar

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:57:48 PM »

Are you yourself an ex-Shi'i? Your profile still says Shi'a.
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »
Well, I experienced everything you will rarely (if at all) experience in a Shia "mosque", including:

- Beautiful smell of 3Oud and misk (many Shia mosques, especially in Iran smell like their unwashed feet, also they have no 3Ourd and 3attar culture, mostly rose water only which is too strong and annoying after a while).

- Straight rows (no huge gaps as it is common with Shias, so common that I think even Khomeini complained about it). Shia jama'ah prayers just look hideous, huge gaps.

- Beautiful and correct recitation of the Qur'an, something that is rare in Shia circles, especially for the turban-wearers, and no, it has nothing to do with being Arab or non-Arab as most Sunnis in the world (over 80%) are non-Arabs yet masters of Tajwid and Qira'ah.

- They call praying to Allah in congregation a bid'ah (a proven Sunnah even according to Zaydi text: https://shiascans.com/2017/05/26/aqahl-al-bayt-and-tarawih-prayer-in-zaydi-shiism/ ) yet are themselves indulged in hineous innovations such as reciting supplications where the 12 Imams are invoked, in their "mosques" and in CONGREGATION and during Ramadan (yet Tarawih is 'bid'ah'!) whilst juggling masahif/copies of the Qur'an on their heads: https://shiascans.com/2017/06/11/even-in-ramadan-shias-wail-and-invoke-imams/ alhamdulillah, no such things in actual mosques, only pure Sunnah and worship of Allah.

In simple words: It is THE month of worshipping Allah only, no Abu Bakr, no 'Omar and no 'Ali is invoked nor are entire days reserved for wailing (the Shia even wail in Ramadan for 'Ali's martyrdom having distorted yet another month and turned away the worshippers from the remembrance of the Creator to the remembrance of the creation), absolutely beautiful or in 'Ali's words:

حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْحَارِثِ الْخَرَّازُ ، قَالَ : ثنا سِنَانُ بْنُ حَاتِمٍ ، قثنا جَعْفَرُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ ، قثنا حُبَابٌ الْقُطَعِيُّ ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ الْهَمْدَانِيِّ ، قَالَ : خَرَجَ عَلِيُّ بْنُ أَبِي طَالِبٍ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ فِي أَوَّلِ لَيْلَةٍ مِنْ شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ وَالْقَنَادِيلُ تُزْهِرُ ، وَكِتَابُ اللَّهِ يُتْلَى فِي الْمَسَاجِدِ ، فَقَالَ : نَوَّرَ اللَّهُ لَكَ يَا عُمَرُ ابْنَ الْخَطَّابِ فِي قَبْرِكَ ، كَمَا نَوَّرْتَ مَسَاجِدَ اللَّهِ بِالْقُرْآنِ

Muhammad ibn Al-Harith Al-Kharraz told me: Sinan bin Hatim told us: Ja’far ibn Sulayman told us: Hubab Al-Quta’i told us: from Abu Ishaq Al-Hamadani, he said: ”Ali ibn Abi Talib went out on the first night of Ramadan while lanterns were glowing and God’s Book was recited in the mosques (during Tarawih). ‘Ali then supplicated: “May Allah fill your grave with light, O ‘Omar bin Al-Khattab as you’ve lit God’s houses with the Qur’an.” [Fada’il-Ramadan li Ibn Abi Al-Dunya]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:57:14 AM by Ebn Hussein »
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 08:32:55 AM »
I strongly encourage other Ex-Shia brothers like Husayn (Ex-Shia chat member), brother Bolani (Afghan Ex-Shia, is he still active?) and others to share their thoughts.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

sid

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »

no im not ex shia, im still shia and curious...

ZulFiqar

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 05:27:18 PM »

no im not ex shia, im still shia and curious...

Why don't you leave Shi'ism? What's holding you back? Family pressure?
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

sid

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »
Well, I experienced everything you will rarely (if at all) experience in a Shia "mosque", including:

- Beautiful smell of 3Oud and misk (many Shia mosques, especially in Iran smell like their unwashed feet, also they have no 3Ourd and 3attar culture, mostly rose water only which is too strong and annoying after a while).

- Straight rows (no huge gaps as it is common with Shias, so common that I think even Khomeini complained about it), Sunnis in every sense.

- Beautiful and correct recitation of the Qur'an, something that is rare in Shia circles, especially for the turban-wearers, and no, it has nothing to do with being Arab or non-Arab as most Sunnis in the world (over 80%) are non-Arabs yet masters of Tajwid and Qira'ah.

- They call praying to Allah in congregation a bid'ah (a proven Sunnah even according to Zaydi text: https://shiascans.com/2017/05/26/aqahl-al-bayt-and-tarawih-prayer-in-zaydi-shiism/ ) yet are themselves indulged in hineous innovations such as reciting supplications where the 12 Imams are invoked, in their "mosques" and in CONGREGATION and during Ramadan (yet Tarawih is 'bid'ah'!) whilst juggling masahif/copies of the Qur'an on their heads: https://shiascans.com/2017/06/11/even-in-ramadan-shias-wail-and-invoke-imams/ alhamdulillah, no such things in actual mosques, only pure Sunnah and worship of Allah.

In simple words: It is THE month of worshipping Allah only, no Abu Bakr, no 'Omar and no 'Ali is invoked nor are entire days reserved for wailing (the Shia even wail in Ramadan for 'Ali's martyrdom having distorted yet another month and turned away the worshippers from the remembrance of the Creator to the remembrance of the creation), absolutely beautiful or in 'Ali's words:

حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْحَارِثِ الْخَرَّازُ ، قَالَ : ثنا سِنَانُ بْنُ حَاتِمٍ ، قثنا جَعْفَرُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ ، قثنا حُبَابٌ الْقُطَعِيُّ ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ الْهَمْدَانِيِّ ، قَالَ : خَرَجَ عَلِيُّ بْنُ أَبِي طَالِبٍ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ فِي أَوَّلِ لَيْلَةٍ مِنْ شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ وَالْقَنَادِيلُ تُزْهِرُ ، وَكِتَابُ اللَّهِ يُتْلَى فِي الْمَسَاجِدِ ، فَقَالَ : نَوَّرَ اللَّهُ لَكَ يَا عُمَرُ ابْنَ الْخَطَّابِ فِي قَبْرِكَ ، كَمَا نَوَّرْتَ مَسَاجِدَ اللَّهِ بِالْقُرْآنِ

Muhammad ibn Al-Harith Al-Kharraz told me: Sinan bin Hatim told us: Ja’far ibn Sulayman told us: Hubab Al-Quta’i told us: from Abu Ishaq Al-Hamadani, he said: ”Ali ibn Abi Talib went out on the first night of Ramadan while lanterns were glowing and God’s Book was recited in the mosques (during Tarawih). ‘Ali then supplicated: “May Allah fill your grave with light, O ‘Omar bin Al-Khattab as you’ve lit God’s houses with the Qur’an.” [Fada’il-Ramadan li Ibn Abi Al-Dunya]

Brother, were such situations as you described above while praying with shias when you were shia yourself very common with you? was this one of the reasons you left shia sect ? :D

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 05:58:08 PM »

- Straight rows (no huge gaps as it is common with Shias, so common that I think even Khomeini complained about it), Sunnis in every sense.

Brother, were such situations as you described above while praying with shias when you were shia yourself very common with you? was this one of the reasons you left shia sect ? :D

Very common, I was raised in the west and it is common in their centres and in their stronghold Iran that I have visited several times in the past it is also common.

As for me leaving Shiism. No, I left Shiism due to the abhorrent mainstream shirki and kufri practices that are taught by their Maraji' and stem from their most authentic books (hineous narrations attributed to the Ahl Al Bayt). Second most important reason was the myth of the Imamah of the 12, I realised all evidence they use is essentially poor and often fabricated text and twistings of verses (like all kuffar such as the Qadyanis do).
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله