TwelverShia.net Forum

Help needed- Leaving Shi'ism

Help needed- Leaving Shi'ism
« on: February 20, 2016, 02:31:23 AM »
Asalam u Alaykum.

I'm a Shia at the moment but I am seriously considering leaving this religion. I was born in a average Shia family who are originally from Pakistan. As a child my father taught me the basics and by the time I was 9 I was praying 5 times a day. My mother on the other hand was much more cultural and has extreme Shia beliefs or now I can say the normal Shia beliefs. I remember as a child I once said "Ya Allah Madad" and my mum started laughing and said "Wahabis say that" My dad angrily turned around and said "Don't say that, we are Muslims." My mother was the one who would curse the Sahaba and Ummahat al-Mu'mineen while my father respected them. My father was often called a "Muqqasir" because he was closer to the Sunnah and Quran and was strongly against Tatbir and hardcore Matam (chest beating).
When I started high school I went to the local Shia Madrassa and thats when were told that we had to follow a scholar and I chose Ayatollah Khamenei. But I never fully committed to the pure Shia belief I was always against the concept of calling upon others besides Allah and the concept of Imams being greater than Prophets, it never made sense to me. Our Aqeedah comes from the Quran and the Quran does not discuss the 12 Imams, the prophets were given revelations and some were given Holy Books. The Imams did not get this.

I wanted to follow Ahlulbayt and obviously for that I went to the Shia Aalims and books, but the books and the lectures would often contradict each other. This confused me. I did not know which Shia scholar to trust as majority would engage in Taqqiya and sometimes they did not. Thats when I preferred Sunni scholars, I loved them, the lectures made sense and all was from the Quran, no Shirk. I loved the fact that they focused on Allah and helped others towards Allah.

I slowly became distant from the Shia Madhab. I tried my best convincing myself that not all are like that but the truth was becoming more clearer. The accusations against the Sahaba and the Ummahat al-Mu'mineen made me more distant, how can one accuse the wife of their Prophet of adultery? Subhanallah.

I watched many YouTube videos and saw the Shirk Shias were committing around the world and the Pagan practices they engaged in. I reflected a lot and thought to myself "Is this the Islam Prophet Muhammed bought?" Deep down for me the answer was clear. No it was not.

I decided to stick the Quran and Sunnah and of course with that my looks changed, the beard became longer, Thobe was on, and was above the ankles. I always got funny looks in different Shia Mosques, there was a time when a group of guys followed me around and were giving me big smiles and were laughing. Although keeping a Sunnah beard and wearing garments above the ankles can be proven from Shia sources. But the hatred they have for the Sunnis made them abandon those acts. Same with the Niqab. They discourage the sisters from proper Hijab and the brothers from following the Sunnah in looks. Thats when i realised that they are far from the Ahlulbayt. 

I never fitted in with Shias, I was the odd one out. I felt lost whenever with them. Thats when i decided that i should stop lying to myself and accept the reality. I bought a few Salafi books and have been in love with them! So peaceful and spiritual, something i never felt while i was listening to Shia Aalims, whenever i listened to them I didn't feel right because they would either contradict the Quran or just base the beliefs on emotions.

Now I feel like my Aqeedah is almost on the Salafi path, but I need help with refuting Shia arguments when It comes to the Sahaba, especially the 3 caliphs. Whats the answer to Ghadir Khum and Saqifa? and the incident of the door? (Umar attacking Fatima) I'd like some light upon these matters and then by the will of Allah i would leave fully.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:35:47 AM by Sayyid »

Hani

Re: Help needed- Leaving Shi'ism
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 05:11:05 AM »
Salam, sure bro we can help InshaAllah. We can talk on WhatsApp or Skype.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 05:34:22 AM »

Now I feel like my Aqeedah is almost on the Salafi path, but I need help with refuting Shia arguments when It comes to the Sahaba, especially the 3 caliphs. Whats the answer to Ghadir Khum and Saqifa? and the incident of the door? (Umar attacking Fatima) I'd like some light upon these matters and then by the will of Allah i would leave fully.

Ghadir al Khum has nothing to do with divine appointment. Instead it is one of unique merits of Ali which makes him among the top Sahaba. In fact, Ali himself never once tells any of the Sahaba that he was appointed in Ghadir or Dawah Al Ashira. Likewise, Abi Bakr too never tells the people since he lead the prayer, he should be Calipah.

The Saqifa incident was not a faultless decision. Umar the second Calipah himself says whoever repeats what occurred then should be killed. He  did not see it to be a good deed. On the contrary, just because Saqifa occurred this is not proof that there are 12 Calipah or Ali was divinely appointed.

As for the incident at the door, it was not burned. Neither was Fatima burned. According to Tabari the only person they wrestled to the ground was Zubair.  In Ibn Abil Hadeed's commentary, the author adds that Umar pushed Malik Al Ashtar. Again there is no authentic information that Umar or anyone even touched Fatima.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »
Walaikum Salam wr wb,

إِنَّ هَـٰذَا ٱلْقُرْءَانَ يَهْدِى لِلَّتِى هِىَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ ٱلَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ ٱلصَّـٰلِحَـٰتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا
Indeed, this Qur'an guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward. (17:9)

Welcome to the forum dear brother. You have come to the right place.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »

The attack on Fatima is one of the biggest lies by the people of fitna and fabrication. There is not a single reliable report to prove this. Not even in Shia sources.

Check out this article - it also deals with Shia narrations on this topic:

http://twelvershia.net/2014/07/01/response-to-the-oppression-of-sayeda-fatima-s-a-part-vii-i/

What questions do you have about Saqifa and Ghadir? Please ask.

You can also read these articles:

Hadith of Ghadir Khumm [A Sunni Perspective]
http://web.archive.org/web/20080213031234/http://www.ahlelbayt.com/articles/rebuttals/ghadir-khumm

Saqifah: A Sunni View
http://web.archive.org/web/20080329104343/http://www.ahlelbayt.com/articles/history/saqifah

Comprehensive rebuttal of a Shia website on Saqifa
http://web.archive.org/web/20080329182532/http://www.ahlelbayt.com/articles/history/saqifah-rebuttal
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:15:35 PM by AbuMuslimKhorasani »
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

demmzy15

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »
I'm happy for you brother, I personally have gained a lot from this site. May Allaah continue to empower you as you search for the truth.

ShiaMan

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 01:03:42 AM »
Asalam u Alaykum.

I'm a Shia at the moment but I am seriously considering leaving this religion. I was born in a average Shia family who are originally from Pakistan. As a child my father taught me the basics and by the time I was 9 I was praying 5 times a day. My mother on the other hand was much more cultural and has extreme Shia beliefs or now I can say the normal Shia beliefs. I remember as a child I once said "Ya Allah Madad" and my mum started laughing and said "Wahabis say that" My dad angrily turned around and said "Don't say that, we are Muslims." My mother was the one who would curse the Sahaba and Ummahat al-Mu'mineen while my father respected them. My father was often called a "Muqqasir" because he was closer to the Sunnah and Quran and was strongly against Tatbir and hardcore Matam (chest beating).
When I started high school I went to the local Shia Madrassa and thats when were told that we had to follow a scholar and I chose Ayatollah Khamenei. But I never fully committed to the pure Shia belief I was always against the concept of calling upon others besides Allah and the concept of Imams being greater than Prophets, it never made sense to me. Our Aqeedah comes from the Quran and the Quran does not discuss the 12 Imams, the prophets were given revelations and some were given Holy Books. The Imams did not get this.

I wanted to follow Ahlulbayt and obviously for that I went to the Shia Aalims and books, but the books and the lectures would often contradict each other. This confused me. I did not know which Shia scholar to trust as majority would engage in Taqqiya and sometimes they did not. Thats when I preferred Sunni scholars, I loved them, the lectures made sense and all was from the Quran, no Shirk. I loved the fact that they focused on Allah and helped others towards Allah.

I slowly became distant from the Shia Madhab. I tried my best convincing myself that not all are like that but the truth was becoming more clearer. The accusations against the Sahaba and the Ummahat al-Mu'mineen made me more distant, how can one accuse the wife of their Prophet of adultery? Subhanallah.

I watched many YouTube videos and saw the Shirk Shias were committing around the world and the Pagan practices they engaged in. I reflected a lot and thought to myself "Is this the Islam Prophet Muhammed bought?" Deep down for me the answer was clear. No it was not.

I decided to stick the Quran and Sunnah and of course with that my looks changed, the beard became longer, Thobe was on, and was above the ankles. I always got funny looks in different Shia Mosques, there was a time when a group of guys followed me around and were giving me big smiles and were laughing. Although keeping a Sunnah beard and wearing garments above the ankles can be proven from Shia sources. But the hatred they have for the Sunnis made them abandon those acts. Same with the Niqab. They discourage the sisters from proper Hijab and the brothers from following the Sunnah in looks. Thats when i realised that they are far from the Ahlulbayt. 

I never fitted in with Shias, I was the odd one out. I felt lost whenever with them. Thats when i decided that i should stop lying to myself and accept the reality. I bought a few Salafi books and have been in love with them! So peaceful and spiritual, something i never felt while i was listening to Shia Aalims, whenever i listened to them I didn't feel right because they would either contradict the Quran or just base the beliefs on emotions.

Bye bye