TwelverShia.net Forum

in shia islam, iran seems superior to me, am i wrong?

sid

in shia islam, iran seems superior to me, am i wrong?
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
please answer me shias, in case this gets blocked on the shiachat thread
please dont ban this thread, but yes i have to discuss this issue. the thing is iran specifically as a country i feel is too glorified.I feel like shia islam thrives in iran ,but unless you dont know farsi or are iranian, it seems like there is a lacking . i mean sunni islam seem more universal to me, you got great speakers from every country bengali ,pakistani arab, but the best speakers to me come from iran for shia centric lectures, thats a problem , the lectures are in farsi.so i have to wait or find good lectures to be translated or else settle for english sunni videos.the other thing is, someone has to answer me,is iran actually supposed to be superior to every shias mind? or is this just something the shias are pushing towards us.I think unlike iranians we love iran in every aspect ,politically, etc so we create a romanticized image of iranians and iran but what hurts me is when i see titles about iranians caring about noone but themselves, or trying to enhance their own community. like as an indo pak shia who sort of feels i should love iran more than any other country, shouldnt this country serve other countries who love them as their equal.second of all ,i dont like seeing iran being set as a standard because in my opinion iranians seem too direct and to me thats harsh, they seem harsh. loving iran unecessarily is like this one guy who ate spicy food because he thought it was sunnah. we accept everything from iran, their nuclear deals, tell me any shia who is criticizing that or criticizes or even thinks critically or objectively over iranian political decisions.I can understand if these political decisions are made because iran is righteously guided so we should accept these decisions, but if there is no actual basis, do shia islamic speakers value iranian materials, do they never ask what am i listening to or geting into? unless iran is making all the right decisions.then i can understand. 

sid

Re: in shia islam, iran seems superior to me, am i wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »
the lack of reply either means people are not bothered in answering or they really cannot refute the points i made about iran, thus showing its superiority in a way

heathen

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 12:21:44 AM »
From what I've found as far as politics go, the shias tend to be more nationalistic than the sunnis. Someone needs to show me a shia group that protests for shariah in the west like salafi/wahabi activists.

Hani

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 01:37:00 AM »
If you knew what majority of Iranians think of you, it'll b hurtful to say the least, they're notorious nationalistic racists. The regime uses Shiasm to spread it's political agenda, it's a sad sponsorship.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

heathen

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 01:42:56 AM »
If you knew what majority of Iranians think of you, it'll b hurtful to say the least, they're notorious nationalistic racists. The regime uses Shiasm to spread it's political agenda, it's a sad sponsorship.
I also found this to be true. Ever since that region was forcibly converted, shiism has been used just a political tool. You really don't have shia dawah active in the west or outside of the mid east. Most western reverts are influenced by sunni dawah. The shias near me are mostly a pakistani community... I think the services there are all in urdu whereas the sunni mosques here are multicultural and speak english at their services.

sid

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 02:42:13 AM »
is anone hee iranian, what can they say?

heathen

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:45:08 AM »
I would like to see what Iranians have to say about the politics of their country but I seem to meet them by chance on the internet and many are nonreligious that are very opposed to the Islamic Republic.

Hani

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 05:09:50 AM »

We have a few Iranians as well as some Persian speakers, may not be readily available to answer your questions...
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear