TwelverShia.net Forum

May become christian...

sid

May become christian...
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »
I am a shia muslim that has for 5 years been going thru sunni shia issues, now when i read the quran my heart feels dead or it feels harsh to me, as compared to the bible, and the bible offers more detailed accounts of Prophets and their sons and descendents than the quran does thats only the genesis. Plus unforutnately for a while now when i pray namaz i feel like fainting, like i have to sit and pray fast, what is this??!!! what is this happening to me, Does God want me to become christian? which denomination is correct, is it Catholicism? also i am not writing this to convert anybody else neither do i want the mods to delete this becuase this is urgent, and i need help.

Rationalist

Re: May become christian...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:54:18 PM »
So from Tawheed you want believe in shirk such as Trinity? Or that God has a son?

sid

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:02:57 PM »
So from Tawheed you want believe in shirk such as Trinity? Or that God has a son?

SubhanAllah rationalist, is this how you respond to me, you answer like there is no mercy in your voice, i am hoping for more sypathetic people who can answer and help me, not disgusting ones like yours

Farid

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 11:36:50 PM »
I am a shia muslim that has for 5 years been going thru sunni shia issues, now when i read the quran my heart feels dead or it feels harsh to me, as compared to the bible, and the bible offers more detailed accounts of Prophets and their sons and descendents than the quran does thats only the genesis. Plus unforutnately for a while now when i pray namaz i feel like fainting, like i have to sit and pray fast, what is this??!!! what is this happening to me, Does God want me to become christian? which denomination is correct, is it Catholicism? also i am not writing this to convert anybody else neither do i want the mods to delete this becuase this is urgent, and i need help.

Sid, polemics kills the heart. I suggest staying away from this stuff for a while.

Sit down in a mosque or an isolated place with a Qur'an and a Tafseer. Read two pages along with the Tafseer. Don't push yourself to read more at a sitting. It will bring your heart back to life inshallah.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:38:00 PM by Farid »

Rationalist

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 01:04:11 AM »

SubhanAllah rationalist, is this how you respond to me, you answer like there is no mercy in your voice, i am hoping for more sypathetic people who can answer and help me, not disgusting ones like yours

I am sorry if that was offensive.

I believe the closest form of Christianity today is probably in one found in Mount Athos where they supposedly have many manuscripts, and dedicate their life to prayer and worship. This Christianity is  Orthodox Christianity, but again without being closely associated with the Monastery you will never reach closer to the truth.

The Quran talks about these Christian priest linked to the monastery, and tell us they are humble, and closest to us in love an affection.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:11:31 AM »
Sit with a scholar whom you trust, and let him guide you.

sid

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 03:15:19 AM »

I am sorry if that was offensive.

I believe the closest form of Christianity today is probably in one found in Mount Athos where they supposedly have many manuscripts, and dedicate their life to prayer and worship. This Christianity is  Orthodox Christianity, but again without being closely associated with the Monastery you will never reach closer to the truth.

The Quran talks about these Christian priest linked to the monastery, and tell us they are humble, and closest to us in love an affection.

JazakAllah so much brother ,forgive me for what i said, i was going thru a rough thing and i became overly sensitive, so forgive me and JazakAllah once again for your kindness

sid

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 03:16:11 AM »
I am a shia muslim that has for 5 years been going thru sunni shia issues, now when i read the quran my heart feels dead or it feels harsh to me, as compared to the bible, and the bible offers more detailed accounts of Prophets and their sons and descendents than the quran does thats only the genesis. Plus unforutnately for a while now when i pray namaz i feel like fainting, like i have to sit and pray fast, what is this??!!! what is this happening to me, Does God want me to become christian? which denomination is correct, is it Catholicism? also i am not writing this to convert anybody else neither do i want the mods to delete this becuase this is urgent, and i need help.

JazakAllah , but i discovered that what helps making the quran read easier Alhumdulillah is Sahih International translation

Sid, polemics kills the heart. I suggest staying away from this stuff for a while.

Sit down in a mosque or an isolated place with a Qur'an and a Tafseer. Read two pages along with the Tafseer. Don't push yourself to read more at a sitting. It will bring your heart back to life inshallah.

sid

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 03:17:15 AM »
Sit with a scholar whom you trust, and let him guide you.

JazakAllah heh if only there were such classes around, hmm i will search for some, JazakAllah brother

sid

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 03:18:25 AM »

JazakAllah , but i discovered that what helps making the quran read easier Alhumdulillah is Sahih International translation

JazakAllah brother , JazakAllah yes i found that a good translaton of the Quran comes from Sahih International translation

Hani

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 03:53:27 AM »
Salam,

As you already know, diving into inter-faith groups can be detrimental to faith. When you came online, you probably came across plenty of material disproving Shiasm, this caused your faith to be shaken greatly, you then wished to prove to yourself that what you were born with was the correct belief, you came to forums like this one and began debating. This led to further weakening of the faith as you realized things may not have been the way you were taught, you discovered many things about tahsayyu`'s history, origins and practices. As for regular Islam, you as an average Shia are indoctrinated by default to avoid it, you've heard countless stories that it's all Umayyad propaganda, non Shias are all enemies of Ahlul-Bayt, that you're comitting treason by joining them etc... That left you with what? Neither Shia nor Sunni, add to that anger against God when you foundout you were decieved all your life, your heart became distant from the Qur'an, now you wish to seek comfort in the furthest thing away from Tashayyu` related matters, an entire religion altogether. This is all psychological and acting out of emotion, you're tired and exausted from your spiritual journey, even though you're still not at the end of this journey.

As advised above, leave these debates, stick to the Qur'an, God's Book, it is superior to anything else you can read, seek reliable Tafseer to increase your knowledge. I would recommend just reading every three verses and pondering on them, Tafseer aside, try to think for yourself what God wants to convey, why He used the words He used, how does this affect you as a human being, what's the true core message of this religion.

I use these three English versions together: Sahih International, Arberry & Pickthall.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hadrami

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 10:53:40 AM »
i believe this is typical end result of being indoctrinated since childhood with hating the sahaba, that they were evil, hypocrites etc. You found out that shiism is shitism, but you still believe sahaba were as worse. This is probably why many shia in the end would rather become atheist, christian, zoroastrian etc. Hating the sahaba who were the very people who brought us Islam is really a self inflicted curse upon shias. Read and ponder on Quran, but learn to love many of those people who brought us Quran.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:56:55 AM by Hadrami »

sid

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 11:54:33 PM »
i believe this is typical end result of being indoctrinated since childhood with hating the sahaba, that they were evil, hypocrites etc. You found out that shiism is shitism, but you still believe sahaba were as worse. This is probably why many shia in the end would rather become atheist, christian, zoroastrian etc. Hating the sahaba who were the very people who brought us Islam is really a self inflicted curse upon shias. Read and ponder on Quran, but learn to love many of those people who brought us Quran.

NO borther,its not because i hate the sahaba, that has nothing to do with this :D

Link

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 01:39:27 AM »
Aside from the "name" is "Jehovah" emphasis on Jehovah witnesses, much of Jehova witnesses of the Bible is a sincere interpretation which if those words were spoken from God, I would say, are the best way to interpret it.

I suggest reading their works. They believe in unity of God and despise trinity with a passion.

Aside from that, their emphasis on God's guidance being the guidance, his authority being the authority, and his choosing of people being the only choice we have to care about and focus is on, is spot on philosophy of both the Quran and Bible.

They understand the word "King" in the right manner, they don't believe in arbitrary borders with no foundation but falsehood of illusion of power and legitimacy, and they believe in God the True King and Guide of humanity.

Their understanding is so close to Quran yet they are far in some regards.

They are the only people in the world that collectively as a group I know don't "take some as Lords over others" which Quran calls on a unity with the people of the book regarding.

They are worth taking lesson from.

Not only that, but if you understand their arguments and teachings,   the Quran will be shown to be a much more eloquent and brighter book on the truth they emphasize on.

As for the name of God, the Quran also has best explanation of what that is and must be, and what is best referred to as the name.

There is nothing wrong with studying other religions.

I suggest Jehova witnesses, they will bring you back to Quran if you already know Quran in its outward words at least.
Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Hadrami

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »
NO borther,its not because i hate the sahaba, that has nothing to do with this :D
are you saying now you dont hate Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman & other sahaba?

Link

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 04:19:49 PM »

I don't know if he hates them or not, but what is with you guys always not taking a statement for what it is. He said it has nothing to do with that.

I swear to God, I hate discussing with you guys, because you guys always imagine statements to say more then they say or less than they say by your false thinking.

The same is done with "therefore if you dispute in a thing refer it to God and the Messenger" like it says it's ok to dispute with Ulil Amr or Ulil-Amr don't have authority with regards to disputes, all in your heads, but God didn't say it.

Take a statement for what it is.

Stop imagining and making it say what you desire.  This should be done with what other people say, with the Prophet words, and with Quran it is the most important thing.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 05:50:52 PM »

I don't know if he hates them or not, but what is with you guys always not taking a statement for what it is. He said it has nothing to do with that.

I swear to God, I hate discussing with you guys, because you guys always imagine statements to say more then they say or less than they say by your false thinking.

The same is done with "therefore if you dispute in a thing refer it to God and the Messenger" like it says it's ok to dispute with Ulil Amr or Ulil-Amr don't have authority with regards to disputes, all in your heads, but God didn't say it.

Take a statement for what it is.

Stop imagining and making it say what you desire.  This should be done with what other people say, with the Prophet words, and with Quran it is the most important thing.

Hahahaha... That's why nobody is taking you seriously. What a confused soul. Such a pity.

http://forum.twelvershia.net/imamah-ghaybah/'captains'-and-'ships'-in-quran/msg15896/#msg15896

Read the above thread and then the below statement of yours. What a confusion!

"Take a statement for what it is.

Stop imagining and making it say what you desire.  This should be done with what other people say, with the Prophet words, and with Quran it is the most important thing." [emphasis are mine]

I'm 100% sure that you must have something to say...

Link

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »
Other than you are trying to extinguish the light of Quran and belittles its stories and words, by your statement, that "Captains" doesn't have many implications through out Quran and in itself, and as if the words "Twelve" was not emphasized, I don't see much to reply but I will say a little more.

Quran is all significant we can keep discussing its significance and reflect deeply, that is ok, not only ok, but good, not only good but necessary.  What is not all right is to invent statements that neither context nor flow nor any of the Quran hints to the slightest bit, but you do so out of sheer desire for it to be and give in to the suggestions of Satan and the sorcery of the deceivers.

And specifically is worse when a little reflection on the context of the verses before as well the style of the Surahs in general, all refute and prove the opposite.

And it is worse when it contradicts reason and is the ugliest lie to attribute to God.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »
"Captain", "Twelve" in the Quran related to your imams? Read this again:

"Take a statement for what it is.

Stop imagining and making it say what you desire.  This should be done with what other people say, with the Prophet words, and with Quran it is the most important thing."

These are your own words, not mine. Hence, I called a confused soul.

Link

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2017, 07:09:22 PM »
"Captain", "Twelve" in the Quran related to your imams? Read this again:

Yes it is and clearly so, and manifestly by flow so, and manifestly by reason so, and no one can believe truly God is saying these words and magnify those words but would see it's related to the 12 Successors of the Prophet.

The fact is you want to belittle it, is your disease, and you are trying to make me signifying it with respect to the whole Surah, Quran, as well what is proven itself through itself, and what the ahadith emphasize it to mean in both Sunni and Shiites sources, to be what is following desires.

Your puffing it away and ignoring is really what is by desires. It is an interpretation of 4:59 among the many verses in Quran interpreting it. It's clear and manifest.

The problem is you have a disease in your heart that is angry and jealous towards God's chosen.

That is all.