TwelverShia.net Forum

My Story - from Shia to Sunni

hassan-h97

Re: My Story - from Shia to Sunni
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 02:06:20 AM »
Salam O alykom va rahmatollahi va barakato.

Dear respected brothers and sisters, May Allah have mercy on you and increase you all in wisdom and knowledge.

I was born in Iran, and lived there for 9 years. My parents are both from Afghanistan but they had to leave Afghanistan, 10 years before I was born because of the war and due to the fact that Iran had better life opportunities. They lived in Iran a great deal of their time and that's why shiasim become the norm in their hearts. My Father left us, when I was 5 years old, to go to United Kingdom, where life opportunities were greater, so he sold everything he had to come to this country. 4 years later, when I was at the age of 9 my father got his visa and was granted permission to bring his family to the UK. At that time, we couldn't come from Iran to the UK, they did not give Afghanis any visa and permission, so we had to go to Pakistan to get visa and travel to UK. And that's what happened, we travelled to Pakistan via Afghanistan and we finally arrived to UK and I was around 9 years old.

My story, starts when I was 14 years old. I had always seen my family hitting themselves in the time of ashura, either with light touches on the chest to buying small chains and hitting their top of their backs, and always say phrases ( to this day ), "ya Ali Madad" or "Ya Hussain" or "Ya fatimah Zahra" and I always see them having objects around the home that is supposedly protecting us from the devil. I always heard them swear at the companions of the prophet saw.

Based on the religion of my father, I did not ever think this is the true path. How can Gods religion who is so perfect have a religion where filthy language is used, and why would God want us to hit ourselves, or ask these silly objects around the home (evil eye castings) protect us when he is supposed to be all powerful? This caused me to become an atheist, I did not believe in God for a space of 2 years.

Around this time, I was in college, and that's when I started to debate theists about the existence of God, the evidence for God, suffering and the modern world as we speak.  "People are just following their fathers and they followed their fathers and etc", is what I used to say.

I started to listen to lecture debates on professor Lawrence Krauss,Richard Dawkins, Christian Missionaries, Jew Rabbi, Muslim Shiekhs, Buddist/Indian representatives etc . And my heart started to melt when I started to listen to Dr.Zakir Naik. I am a Professional Mechanical Engineer, so I have taken Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathametics modules in College and then attended University to complete my Bachelors of science as well as my Masters, so I knew a thing or two about science. When I started to listen to Dr.Zakir Naik, he said evidence of science in Quran and that everything is correct in Quran and that its perfect....

I bought books on this topic and found out that a French Surgeon by the name of Maurice Bucaille had done a scientific research, using the scientific method in comparing the "The Bible, The Quran, and Science" or in French as he put it, "La Bible, Le Coran et La Science" . I was amazed! Verses from "we have made you from water" to "mountain as pegs" to "and it is we who keeps expanding it" to many many more. This got me really interested. Then I found Nouman Ali Khan, where he showed me the linguistic Miracle of the Quran and I remember wallahi to this day, I had goose bumps all over my body as I could not believe the amazing linguistics contained in the Quran. From linguistics, I moved on to historical miracles of the Quran, to future miracles of the Quran, and to various other Miracles, which now included the ahadeeth where the prophet saw said what will happen to the end of time from "bare footed Arab men competing in construction of tall buildings" to "music on their heads" to various others! Subhana Rabbil A'ala . My love for Islam grew and that's when I started to talk to my family about Sunni Islam as all of these superstitions were now clear as glass and gone! and that true Islam resonated in my heart.

However, this did not go well.

I had several heated debates with my father in which he hit me ,abused me verbally and physically. My Father and Mother in which I love the most in this world, whom I want guidance for the most, did not accept what I came with. I had so many arguments and I have learned from my mistakes as I was naive when I was a kid. Now I try to give them dawah with the up most respect and honour, and I am guilty as I did not do that as a kid and this is one of my many regrets.

Today, at the age of 21, alhamdolliah, I am learning the Arabic Language, I am learning my own Native Language ( Dari and Persian) and I am trying to Memorise the Quran and become a hafiz. I am planning to travel abroad to Egypt or Saudi to study hadith, so I can break the misconceptions that our shia fellow men have and that Allah uses me as a source of guidance for the people. Family is the most important and it is the hardest to deal with. I am so alone in my journey as every single person in my entire lineage that I am aware of were all shias and to this day, Im the only Sunni in my family and wallahi its very lonely. I sometimes get jealous of individuals where Allah granted them a true Muslim Family.

If you read this far, I ask you to make sincere dua for my parents, that Allah guides every parent, and that Allah guides my parents to the truth, that Allah places noor and iman in their hearts and mine and that Allah forgives their sins, as they don't know better.

Jazakallo Khairan for reading this.

Your brother in humanity and Islam
Hasan

Admin note: Thread title improved. 

You've said four things here;

Hitting themselves with hands on their chests or with chains on their upper back.

Saying phrases such as, 'Ya Ali Madad, Ya Hussein, Ya Zahra etc.

Having objects around the house to protect themselves from the devil.

And swearing and cursing the companions etc.

Is this Shiaism according to you? Or have you limited Shiaism to this?

I don't think you exactly know what Shiaism is about and what the principles of its faith/belief are.

Hitting yourself either with your hands on your chest till it turns red and blue or hitting your upper back with either chains or small knives attached to chains in some places, who said that you have to or must do this? I don't do it so does that throw me out of Shiaism or am I no longer a shia? Who said you have to do this otherwise you're not a Shia?

Some people who happen to be from the Shia community commemorate the martyrdom of Hussein in this particular way. In Iran they use chains and hit their upper back. In Pakistan you have small knives attached to the end of chains and they hit the upper back with that. In other countries or parts of the world where Shias exist and live such as Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon etc you probably would have a different practice based on tradition or custom.

But what does this have to do with the Shia belief and faith or the entire Shia community globally? What seems to be the problem with saying Ya Ali Madad or Ya Hussein or Ya Abbas or Ya Zahra? Don't say it if you don't want to or if you're not comfortable with it. But what seems to be the issue with it if you can let me know that would be nice.

What kind of objects did your parents keep in the house to keep demons, devils or probably bad spirits away if you don't mind me asking?

And now you've become a Suni, which one have you become and why? Do you know about being a Suni? Do you know they have four different school of thought? Apart from this they are categorised or divided such as Deobandi, Barelvi, Wahabi, Salafi, Ahle Hadees etc. It's getting a bit too long and much for you so I'll leave it here.

To answer your question, a deviant sect also carries with it it's disease. You see the ahl sunnah, put much emphasis on tawheed, and the main pillars of islam. They drilled it in our heads, in the same way they do it to yours. However, as a kid in Iran, seeing the entire nation and not "some people" as you tried to sugar code it, hit them selves with chains, says a great deal about their faith and religion. There are shia scholars who try to argue and they command you to do such actions! ofcourse they are who say otherwise, but point being, a deviant sect contains it's diseases and this is an example of such disease.

Secondly, it is not about if "I" want to say it or if "I" want to do a particular action. The shia community and scholars should prohibit such disgusting actions! . How can you call upon someone else when Allah created you and HE gave you life? Look at the filth that is contained in this religion.
The fact that the scholars of shiams don't do much in these matters as they have iktilaf or differences between each other just shows how far away they are from the truth.

Thirdly, its evil eye home amulet, ornament nazar that they put around the homes to protect against evil and the devil.

Finally, yes I am fully aware of the different madhibs within Sunni Islam. Just to be clear, I have looked into shia Islam and also did my research on it, I think this point wasn't mentioned before so it's not as if I just left it without any research. I found that most of the arguments that shias bring forth are based on mutashabehat evidences, and the hadith they bring forward has always been distorted and taken out of context. I have seen shia sheikhs quote from hadith Bukhari or Muslim only the parts that suit them and I had studied those hadiths which wallahi made me absolutely hate shiams more as its just falsehood upon falsehood. 10/10 the hadiths they mention, is part of the story of what has happened, and they have not bothered or properly have and are hiding from the public, they have not read the full story and looked at it with full details.

I ask my brothers in shias, why believe in shiasm? Is it to please your parents and to be part of your culture and family? What good is it if will not save you from punishment of Allah? The Quran is crystal clear on every important matter. Dont associate partners with Allah by calling upon them. So why do you my brothers? Don't rely on evil castings to protect you, so why do you go with the culture and not call it for what it is, pure falsehood, as it is Allah who protects you. Why hit yourself when you know the messenger saw would never allow that. These are easy easy questions ya ikwan.

Hadrami

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 09:08:05 AM »
And now you've become a Suni, which one have you become and why? Do you know about being a Suni? Do you know they have four different school of thought? Apart from this they are categorised or divided such as Deobandi, Barelvi, Wahabi, Salafi, Ahle Hadees etc. It's getting a bit too long and much for you so I'll leave it here. 
Yes please, leave it there. Being a sunni, he will have less difference than if hes still shia. The only thing that we sunni are more divided is in political issue whereas shia is more united politically. Being a small minority sect with a siege mentality, its easier to be united, just look at the jews.

The leader of the Twelver Imami Shia sect al-Tusi says in “al-`Iddah fi Usoul al-Fiqh” 1/138:

وقد ذكرت ما ورد عنهم عليهم السلام في الأحاديث المختلفة التي تخص الفقه في كتابي المعروف بالاستبصار وفي كتاب تهذيب الأحكام ما يزيد على خمسة آلاف حديث. وذكرت في أكثرها اختلاف الطائفة في العمل بها. وذلك أشهر من أن يخفى، حتى إنك لو تأملت اختلافاتهم في هذه الأحكام وجدته يزيد على اختلاف أبي حنيفة والشافعي ومالك

[I (al-Tusi) have mentioned their narrations (as) in different Ahadith regarding Fiqh in my book “al-Istibsar” and “Tahdheeb al-Ahkam” and they number around five thousand(narrations). I have mentioned that the (Twelver) sect differed in following most of them. That is too popular and cannot be hidden. In fact, if you observe their difference in the rulings you would find that they differ more than the difference between Abu Hanifa, Malik and al-Shafi`i.]

http://www.twelvershia.net/2013/06/28/the-sunnah-are-divided-and-the-shia-are-united/

iceman

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »

Dear respected brothers and sisters, May Allah have mercy on you and increase you all in wisdom and knowledge.

I was born in Iran, and lived there for 9 years. My parents are both from Afghanistan but they had to leave Afghanistan, 10 years before I was born because of the war and due to the fact that Iran had better life opportunities. They lived in Iran a great deal of their time and that's why shiasim become the norm in their hearts. My Father left us, when I was 5 years old, to go to United Kingdom, where life opportunities were greater, so he sold everything he had to come to this country. 4 years later, when I was at the age of 9 my father got his visa and was granted permission to bring his family to the UK. At that time, we couldn't come from Iran to the UK, they did not give Afghanis any visa and permission, so we had to go to Pakistan to get visa and travel to UK. And that's what happened, we travelled to Pakistan via Afghanistan and we finally arrived to UK and I was around 9 years old.

My story, starts when I was 14 years old. I had always seen my family hitting themselves in the time of ashura, either with light touches on the chest to buying small chains and hitting their top of their backs, and always say phrases ( to this day ), "ya Ali Madad" or "Ya Hussain" or "Ya fatimah Zahra" and I always see them having objects around the home that is supposedly protecting us from the devil. I always heard them swear at the companions of the prophet saw.

Based on the religion of my father, I did not ever think this is the true path. How can Gods religion who is so perfect have a religion where filthy language is used, and why would God want us to hit ourselves, or ask these silly objects around the home (evil eye castings) protect us when he is supposed to be all powerful? This caused me to become an atheist, I did not believe in God for a space of 2 years.

Around this time, I was in college, and that's when I started to debate theists about the existence of God, the evidence for God, suffering and the modern world as we speak.  "People are just following their fathers and they followed their fathers and etc", is what I used to say.

I started to listen to lecture debates on professor Lawrence Krauss,Richard Dawkins, Christian Missionaries, Jew Rabbi, Muslim Shiekhs, Buddist/Indian representatives etc . And my heart started to melt when I started to listen to Dr.Zakir Naik. I am a Professional Mechanical Engineer, so I have taken Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathametics modules in College and then attended University to complete my Bachelors of science as well as my Masters, so I knew a thing or two about science. When I started to listen to Dr.Zakir Naik, he said evidence of science in Quran and that everything is correct in Quran and that its perfect....

I bought books on this topic and found out that a French Surgeon by the name of Maurice Bucaille had done a scientific research, using the scientific method in comparing the "The Bible, The Quran, and Science" or in French as he put it, "La Bible, Le Coran et La Science" . I was amazed! Verses from "we have made you from water" to "mountain as pegs" to "and it is we who keeps expanding it" to many many more. This got me really interested. Then I found Nouman Ali Khan, where he showed me the linguistic Miracle of the Quran and I remember wallahi to this day, I had goose bumps all over my body as I could not believe the amazing linguistics contained in the Quran. From linguistics, I moved on to historical miracles of the Quran, to future miracles of the Quran, and to various other Miracles, which now included the ahadeeth where the prophet saw said what will happen to the end of time from "bare footed Arab men competing in construction of tall buildings" to "music on their heads" to various others! Subhana Rabbil A'ala . My love for Islam grew and that's when I started to talk to my family about Sunni Islam as all of these superstitions were now clear as glass and gone! and that true Islam resonated in my heart.

I had several heated debates with my father in which he hit me ,abused me verbally and physically. My Father and Mother in which I love the most in this world, whom I want guidance for the most, did not accept what I came with. I had so many arguments and I have learned from my mistakes as I was naive when I was a kid. Now I try to give them dawah with the up most respect and honour, and I am guilty as I did not do that as a kid and this is one of my many regrets.

Today, at the age of 21, alhamdolliah, I am learning the Arabic Language, I am learning my own Native Language ( Dari and Persian) and I am trying to Memorise the Quran and become a hafiz. I am planning to travel abroad to Egypt or Saudi to study hadith, so I can break the misconceptions that our shia fellow men have and that Allah uses me as a source of guidance for the people. Family is the most important and it is the hardest to deal with. I am so alone in my journey as every single person in my entire lineage that I am aware of were all shias and to this day, Im the only Sunni in my family and wallahi its very lonely. I sometimes get jealous of individuals where Allah granted them a true Muslim Family.

If you read this far, I ask you to make sincere dua for my parents, that Allah guides every parent, and that Allah guides my parents to the truth, that Allah places noor and iman in their hearts and mine and that Allah forgives their sins, as they don't know better.

Hasan

Hitting themselves with hands on their chests or with chains on their upper back.

I don't think you exactly know what Shiaism is about and what the principles of its faith/belief are.

Hitting yourself either with your hands on your chest till it turns red and blue or hitting your upper back with either chains or small knives attached to chains in some places, who said that you have to or must do this? I don't do it so does that throw me out of Shiaism or am I no longer a shia? Who said you have to do this otherwise you're not a Shia?

Some people who happen to be from the Shia community commemorate the martyrdom of Hussein in this particular way. In Iran they use chains and hit their upper back. In Pakistan you have small knives attached to the end of chains and they hit the upper back with that. In other countries or parts of the world where Shias exist and live such as Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon etc you probably would have a different practice based on tradition or custom.

But what does this have to do with the Shia belief and faith or the entire Shia community globally? What seems to be the problem with saying Ya Ali Madad or Ya Hussein or Ya Abbas or Ya Zahra? Don't say it if you don't want to or if you're not comfortable with it. But what seems to be the issue with it if you can let me know that would be nice.

What kind of objects did your parents keep in the house to keep demons, devils or probably bad spirits away if you don't mind me asking?

To answer your question, a deviant sect also carries with it it's disease. You see the ahl sunnah, put much emphasis on tawheed, and the main pillars of islam. They drilled it in our heads, in the same way they do it to yours. However, as a kid in Iran, seeing the entire nation and not "some people" as you tried to sugar code it, hit them selves with chains, says a great deal about their faith and religion. There are shia scholars who try to argue and they command you to do such actions! ofcourse they are who say otherwise, but point being, a deviant sect contains it's diseases and this is an example of such disease.

Secondly, it is not about if "I" want to say it or if "I" want to do a particular action. The shia community and scholars should prohibit such disgusting actions! . How can you call upon someone else when Allah created you and HE gave you life? Look at the filth that is contained in this religion.
The fact that the scholars of shiams don't do much in these matters as they have iktilaf or differences between each other just shows how far away they are from the truth.

Thirdly, its evil eye home amulet, ornament nazar that they put around the homes to protect against evil and the devil.

Finally, yes I am fully aware of the different madhibs within Sunni Islam. Just to be clear, I have looked into shia Islam and also did my research on it, I think this point wasn't mentioned before so it's not as if I just left it without any research. I found that most of the arguments that shias bring forth are based on mutashabehat evidences, and the hadith they bring forward has always been distorted and taken out of context. I have seen shia sheikhs quote from hadith Bukhari or Muslim only the parts that suit them and I had studied those hadiths which wallahi made me absolutely hate shiams more as its just falsehood upon falsehood. 10/10 the hadiths they mention, is part of the story of what has happened, and they have not bothered or properly have and are hiding from the public, they have not read the full story and looked at it with full details.

I ask my brothers in shias, why believe in shiasm? Is it to please your parents and to be part of your culture and family? What good is it if will not save you from punishment of Allah? The Quran is crystal clear on every important matter. Dont associate partners with Allah by calling upon them. So why do you my brothers? Don't rely on evil castings to protect you, so why do you go with the culture and not call it for what it is, pure falsehood, as it is Allah who protects you. Why hit yourself when you know the messenger saw would never allow that. These are easy easy questions ya ikwan.

Reading your first post made me interested in your story but I had my doubts along with it. Reading this post proves my doubts to be true. I see and sense your true colour in this post. My my the grievance and hatred the bitterness and envy is finally starting to pour out. If you were a Shia and then finally decided to switch to another sect with in Islam and found confront and piece then you would be and comfort and piece. But the grievance and hatred and bitterness and envy tells me clearly that you were what you are now to begin with. And that is an Anti Shia extremist. Well done. You couldn't hide your true face for long.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 11:43:32 AM »
I think Ameen is here.

;)
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »

Reading your first post made me interested in your story but I had my doubts along with it. Reading this post proves my doubts to be true. I see and sense your true colour in this post. My my the grievance and hatred the bitterness and envy is finally starting to pour out. If you were a Shia and then finally decided to switch to another sect with in Islam and found confront and piece then you would be and comfort and piece. But the grievance and hatred and bitterness and envy tells me clearly that you were what you are now to begin with. And that is an Anti Shia extremist. Well done. You couldn't hide your true face for long.

Hahaha... I love this guy. He used all the vocabulary that perfectly described his own sect.

1. grievance (noun)
"a real or imagined wrong or other cause for complaint or protest, especially unfair treatment."

2. hatred (noun)
"intense dislike or ill will."

3. bitterness (noun)
"anger and disappointment at (perceived) being treated unfairly; resentment"

4. envy (noun)
"a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck."

Yup, those words perfectly described Twelverism.

Don't act like an angel. You alone do not represent Twelverism. Open up your own books. Anybody can easily "feel" those four words you used up there when reading them especially when they touch about certain people highly respected by "others".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:10:54 PM by Abu Muhammad »

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:52 PM »
I think Ameen is here.

;)

..... but minus multiple question marks?  ;)

Najamsethii484

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2017, 12:20:39 PM »
my story from sunni to Islam is that sunnis are so deviant beliefs which made me mad and i founded out that im following another religion then Islam abu bakr Ra and omar Ra and uthman Ra and abu hurayarah and mother ayesha Ra is worshipped so much in this mad religion called sunni and sunni lies so so much about the real Islam Shia. when i begin to research and finded out that Shia is true Islam and sunni/wahabi is not Islam its a man made thing and Shia is made by the Almighty Allah Swt and sunni was made in saqifah and im shocked to see whenever sunni cant answer a thing they begin to be angry and bomb people and their extremist religion only learned them how to be extremist or a terrorist sunnism is founder of terrorism in world and whenever they cant answer a thing they get frustreated and begin to kill and murder people you guys learned that from yazid ibn muawiyah the biggest criminal and terrorist on earth he and his father was such a criminals that even their graves cant be found now you guys worship abu hurairah whos fathers name is unknown how can we trust a man whos father name is not found in history and your hatred against real Islam is just like jews and christians hate against Islam you guys fast with jews and christians you are ahlekitab

iceman

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2017, 12:29:59 PM »

iceman

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2017, 12:36:31 PM »

Hahaha... I love this guy. He used all the vocabulary that perfectly described his own sect.

1. grievance (noun)
"a real or imagined wrong or other cause for complaint or protest, especially unfair treatment."

2. hatred (noun)
"intense dislike or ill will."

3. bitterness (noun)
"anger and disappointment at (perceived) being treated unfairly; resentment"

4. envy (noun)
"a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck."

Yup, those words perfectly described Twelverism.

Don't act like an angel. You alone do not represent Twelverism. Open up your own books. Anybody can easily "feel" those four words you used up there when reading them especially when they touch about certain people highly respected by "others".

Well if the man's found peace then what's with the ugliness. If you've found peace and comfort then what's with the bitterness and hate. I smell a rat. If he truly is genuine then why can't or won't he discuss about what he knows and his experience.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »
my story from sunni to Islam is that sunnis are so deviant beliefs which made me mad and i founded out that im following another religion then Islam abu bakr Ra and omar Ra and uthman Ra and abu hurayarah and mother ayesha Ra is worshipped so much in this mad religion called sunni and sunni lies so so much about the real Islam Shia. when i begin to research and finded out that Shia is true Islam and sunni/wahabi is not Islam its a man made thing and Shia is made by the Almighty Allah Swt and sunni was made in saqifah and im shocked to see whenever sunni cant answer a thing they begin to be angry and bomb people and their extremist religion only learned them how to be extremist or a terrorist sunnism is founder of terrorism in world and whenever they cant answer a thing they get frustreated and begin to kill and murder people you guys learned that from yazid ibn muawiyah the biggest criminal and terrorist on earth he and his father was such a criminals that even their graves cant be found now you guys worship abu hurairah whos fathers name is unknown how can we trust a man whos father name is not found in history and your hatred against real Islam is just like jews and christians hate against Islam you guys fast with jews and christians you are ahlekitab

You are an ex-sunni and you said Abu Huraira, etc. worshipped by Sunnis? LOL! No Sunnis will ever do that unless they are so ignorant. Yup, ignorant Ex-Sunni. In fact, you sound more like Twelver in taqiyyah rather than ex-Sunni... 😜

Reading from what you've written, you certainly have a lot to catch up, mate. Why don't you start slowly reading articles from Twelvershia.net.

Najamsethii484

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 12:52:24 PM »
im not doing taqiyyah i was hanafi before i found out that real Islam is the school and thought of Ahlulbayt AS

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 12:54:14 PM »
im not doing taqiyyah i was hanafi before i found out that real Islam is the school and thought of Ahlulbayt AS

And you don't sound like a Sunni, let alone a Hanafi... ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:56:30 PM by Abu Muhammad »

Najamsethii484

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »
who are you to decide if im sunni or something else im ex sunni and im proud of that

iceman

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2017, 12:59:31 PM »

Hasan

Deviant sect and disease hey. Show some love and respect towards your parents. At least you owe them that much. You talk about the Ahle Sunah, well those who bomb and kill at random, those who spill blood without any sweat or thought, those who carry out terrorist activities to bring back the Islamic Khilafat also claim to be Ahle Sunah. What do you have to say about such deviant sects and the disease they carry and are giving Islam, the Muslims and especially the Ahle Sunah a very bad name.

Secondly you're from Iran and you were a Shia and I believe your family still is, don't you have a clue about the Fatwa of Ayatollah Khaminie. Don't you know about the joint statement from the offices of both Sistani and Khaminie.

They already have said that Shias should refrain from such sayings and actions that give Shias a bad name. They prohibit such sayings and actions. Are you really from Iran. If you were then you should be aware of this. Otherwise......

Come and discuss with me one subject/topic at a time if you are for real and that informed. And if your research is really up to date.

Have you paid any attention to what I've said. You don't have to say and do as such  to be or remain as a Shia. And we do not call upon anyone else apart from Allah. We are victims of propaganda along with many other things. People can't discuss and debate so they decide to attack and strike. But it's not getting them anywhere.

This is a new gaming tactic used by the extremist that such threads ate created by people to show that Shias are turning towards Sunism. Actually their not Shias to begin with but just creating a situation due to desperation because other gaming tactics haven't worked in fact failed.

But lets see......

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »
who are you to decide if im sunni or something else im ex sunni and im proud of that

Nobody worshipped Abu Hurairah or other Sahabahs in Sunni... That's why I said you don't sound like a Sunni...

Go and learn a thing of two about Ahlus Sunnah before speaking up...

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »
Secondly you're from Iran and you were a Shia and I believe your family still is, don't you have a clue about the Fatwa of Ayatollah Khaminie. Don't you know about the joint statement from the offices of both Sistani and Khaminie.

They already have said that Shias should refrain from such sayings and actions that give Shias a bad name. They prohibit such sayings and actions. Are you really from Iran. If you were then you should be aware of this. Otherwise......

@Najamsethii484,
Any comment on that?

iceman

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »
What seems to be the problem. If you are not comfortable with something then don't say or do it. It's just as simple as that. I left Shiaism for this or that or my journey from Shia to Suni is just bananas and strawberries. Bring me something real and genuine. This technique and tactic is getting old and boring.

iceman

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »

@Najamsethii484,
Any comment on that?

I think you should ask the story teller first.

Ijtaba

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »
On the point that you have mentioned, I think you are completely wrong to limit the understanding of the Quran to purely the prophet saw and his companions. Allah saw says to ponder over his verses, this is an action which is done since the time of the prophet saw to this day.

A verse could have various meaning, one may mean a hint of science for furthering your iman, and one may mean something else which the prophet may or not have mentioned.

What is your evidence to say that every single verse in the Quran must be understood in the exact same way as the prophet and the companions and NO other way these verses could be looked at?

Again to beat down my case, You should not use science as your ultimate judgement on the Quran but rather it should be a very small part of it. For example, if you compare the Bible to the Quran, like in the video mentioned by Mohamed Hijab, the Bible has clear clear contractions in terms of scientific, historical etc. facts whilst the Quran stands on the other side of the room.

To conclude, The deep pondering over the Quran, and an individuals discipline such as science, is actually increasing the iman of the individual, and for you to come around and to just claim no other understanding of the verses of the Quran can be taken, only shows you are actually ignorant.  Are you aware there are surahs in the Quran e.g An Nazi'at , where literally there are 50 completely different tafsirs put forward from the greatest scholars of Islam with regards to its initial verses? Do we have hadith where the prophet saw explained the entire Quran and all of these different tafsirs? No we do not. The interpretation of the Quran was done majorly by the scholars of Islam who pondered over the verses and who understood the Arabic language to a great extent.

I am pasting below links which discusses the questions posed by you in great detail.

There are no secret meanings in the Qur’an that were taught to some people to the exclusion of others
https://islamqa.info/en/180621

The kind of pondering and reflection that is enjoined does not mean giving free rein to one’s intellect and thinking in understanding the verses of the book of Allah on the basis of far-fetched ideas, weird notions and claims, lies and fabrications, attributing to Allah things that He did not say on the basis that this is one of the conclusions of pondering and thinking about the revelations of Allah.

That includes the far-fetched and weird interpretations of the Sufis, the thoughts and claims of the followers of innovation, and the lies of the philosophers.

It is not right to rely on thoughts or the first thing that comes to mind; that is the wrong way of pondering the meaning of the Holy Qur’an. There are numerous reports from the early generations that warn against interpreting the Qur’an on the basis of one’s opinion.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

One of the manifestations of affirming that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah is venerating his Sunnah, calling people to it, putting it into practice, warning lest anyone go against it, and interpreting the Qur’an by the Sunnah with regard to those of its verses that may not be clear. So the Qur’an may be interpreted by the Sunnah and made clear by the Sunnah. The Sunnah explains the Qur’an, clarifies it, refers to it and discusses ideas that the Qur’an has already discussed, as Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We have also sent down unto you (O Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) the reminder and the advice (the Quran), that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them, and that they may give thought”

[an-Nahl 16:44].

End quote from Majmoo‘ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (1/248).

But it is essential to understand that the Sahaabah were eloquent people who spoke proper Arabic, and the Qur’an was revealed in a plain Arabic tongue, so it was not too difficult for any of the Sahaabah to grasp the meanings of many of its verses. In many cases, the meanings of many verses were grasped instinctively (because they were clear) and there was no need for any interpretation or commentary. Hence Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: There are four layers of tafseer (interpretation or commentary): that which the Arabs know from their language; interpretation for which no one has any excuse for not knowing; interpretation that is known to the scholars only; and interpretation which no one knows except Allah, may He be exalted – i.e., the ambiguous verses.

End quote from Tafseer at-Tabari (1/75)

Ijtaba

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »
I have got very much reports from Sahabas and Scholars of Ahlul Sunnah regarding this topic. I am giving few below:

01. ʿAbdullāh b. Abbās

ʿAbdullāh b. Abbās (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanhu),  for whom the Prophet asked Allāh to grant him the ability to interpret the Qur’ān, on occasions refused to answer questions regarding the Tafsīr of certain verses for fear of saying something incorrectly. Undoubtedly his motivation for remaining silent were the words of the Prophet (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) when he said, ‘whoever speaks about the Qur’ān without knowledge, then let him take his seat in the hell fire!’ (Tirmidhi 2950)

02. ‘Umar b. Al-Khattab

- `Umar said:

قَالَ عُمَرُ : أَخْوَفُ مَا أَتَخَوَّفُ عَلَى هَذِهِ الْأُمَّةِ قَوْمٌ يَتَأَوَّلُونَ الْقُرْآنَ عَلَى غَيْرِ تَأْوِيلِهِ

From what I fear for you is that this nation self-interprets the Qur’an against it proper understanding.
[Source: Translated by Adeel ibn tariq,  Musannaf Ibn Abi Shayba 36868]

Verily, the followers of opinion (such as self interpretations based on their own reasoning) are the enemies of the Sunan (the teachings of Allâh’s Messenger as passed down in hadith): they were unable to preserve them (the sunnah by memorizing or acting upon it) and their meanings escaped them, and when asked [questions] they were too embarrassed to say ‘We don’t know,’ so they opposed the Sunan with their opinions. As a result they went astray and misguided.
[Narrated from `Amr ibn Hurayth by al-Daraqutni in his Sunan (4:146), al-Bayhaqi in al-Madkhal (p. 190), Ibn Hazm in al-Ihkam (6:213), and al-Lalika'i in Sharh Usul I`tiqad Ahl al-Sunna (1:123 or article 200). See the definition of permissible ra'i by Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Bari (1959 ed. 13:189) and Ibn al-Qayyim in I`lam al-Muwaqqi`in (1:83) as well as al-Kawthari's Fiqh Ahl al-`Iraq and the introduction to al-Tahanawi's I`la' al-Sunan.  Ibn Abî Zamanîn, Usûl Al-Sunnah article 8]

- Umar ibn `Abdulaah al-Ashaj said: `Umar Ibn al-Khattaab (radhiallahu `anhu) said:

“(Soon) there will come (a group of) people, arguing with you regarding the Mutashaabih (unclear verses) of the Qur’aan. So debate with them using the Sunnah (of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم). For verily the As-haab al-Sunan (those who know the Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم) are the most knowledgeable people about the Book of Allaah تعالى.”
[Ref: Narrated by al-Darimi in his Sunan, al-Khatib in Tarikh Baghdad (14:286), and al-Lalika'i in Sharh Usul I`tiqad Ahl al-Sunna (1:123 and al-Faqeeh wal-Mutafaqqih of al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee (1/559-560)] 

- ‘Umar ibn Khattab (r.a) said:

“Sunnah is what is ordained by Allah (s.w.t) and His Messenger (sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam), don’t make someone’s incorrect opinion (or mistake in someone’s opinion) a Sunnah for the Ummah (to follow)
[`Ilaam al-Muwaq`een `an Rabbil `Alameen and Sharh Aqeedah at-Tahaawi - علي بن علي بن  -  - محمد بن أبي العز الدمشقيhttp://library.islamweb.net/NewLibrary/display_book.php?idfrom=23&idto=23&bk_no=34&ID=25 ]

03.  Imam Malik ibn Anas

Imam Malik ibn Anas said:

"If I come across a man who interprets the Book of Allaah while he is not a scholar in the Arabic tongue, then I will make an example of him for others (i.e., rebuke him harshly)."
[Ref: Abu Isma`eel al-Harawi  his book ذم الكلام وأهله - Shamela 5/92 or 882. Translation by Shaykh Muhammad Munnajid]

04. Imaam Ibn Jareer al-Tabaree

Imaam Ibn Jareer al-Tabaree said:

"And among the interpreters there was one who was not acquainted with the statements of the Salaf – who would interpret the Qur’aan according to his opinion based on (his understanding of) the Arabic language; directing the meaning of:
﴿وَفِيهِ يَعْصِرُونَ﴾
{and in which they will press (olives and grapes)} [Surah Yusuf (12): 49]
to mean: “and in which they will be saved from famine and drought by (abundant) rain”. He mistakenly thought that the word يعصرون is derived from the word العَصَر or العُصرة which does mean “protection”.
And this interpretation is sufficient as a proof that it is an error on his part because of it contradicting the statements of all the people of knowledge from the Sahaabah and the Taabi`een."

[Tafseer al-Tabaree (16/130)]