TwelverShia.net Forum

What to do with turbah?

kernel

What to do with turbah?
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:12:57 AM »
I have this turbah (mohr) that the shia prostrate their heads on. What should I do with it now that I am Sunni?

Abu Muhammad

Re: What to do with turbah?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »
Nothing, I guess.

Sheikh

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »
I gave mine to a Shia friend for his use.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 07:58:58 PM »
Flush it down the toilet.

kernel

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:15:48 AM »
For now I'll keep it. It is just soil now to me though but if I meet another shia I will probably give it as a gift.

Hani

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 03:51:51 AM »
It's just a rock at this point. Assuming it has no un-islamic elements inscribed on it; you can keep it as decoration.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

sid

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »

Astaghfirullah, dont belittle the soil of Al Husayn a.s. , it still comes fro ma holy place. Would you flush the sand of masjid ul haram or the kaaba, even if it is only sand?

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »
Would you flush the sand of masjid ul haram or the kaaba, even if it is only sand?

It is the place that makes it holy. Not the sand.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 02:45:50 AM »

Astaghfirullah, dont belittle the soil of Al Husayn a.s. , it still comes fro ma holy place. Would you flush the sand of masjid ul haram or the kaaba, even if it is only sand?

Yes, I would.

Karbala is anything, but holy land. I'd happily go, and urinate in the middle of Kabbabala just to make a point.

sid

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 07:23:24 AM »

Yes, I would.

Karbala is anything, but holy land. I'd happily go, and urinate in the middle of Kabbabala just to make a point.

dont say such things, you must remember there are still shias on this site that feel sensitive to these issues.

Farid

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »

Actually, you wouldn't, since you'd get stabbed in an instant... and secondly, please be more tasteful dude, you must have been watching Yaser Al Habeeb videos or something.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »

Actually, you wouldn't, since you'd get stabbed in an instant... and secondly, please be more tasteful dude, you must have been watching Yaser Al Habeeb videos or something.

I haven't actually.

Hadrami

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 01:23:16 AM »

I haven't actually.

Thats normal bro, sometimes when we deal with people with filthy beliefs such as shia (who believe Prophet shallalahu alayhi wasallam married wicked women for the rest of his life or believe their mahdi would dig up and torture the best of sahaba etc), we may got carried away & said unnecessary stuff. Happens to me many times too.

kernel

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 05:04:54 AM »
I just did this.

SHIA IS NOT ISLAM. KARBALA IS NOT A HOLY LAND!

Hani

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 05:55:33 AM »
One thing is for sure, Husayn himself is reported to have detested that land and hated its mention.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

kernel

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 05:57:39 AM »
One thing is for sure, Husayn himself is reported to have detested that land and hated its mention.
Can you give a source on this?

Hani

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 06:24:39 AM »
In Muruj al-Dhahab by al-Mas`udi, Husayn says when he reaches Karbala':

هذا موضع كرب وبلاء، ها هنا مناخ ركابنا، ومحط رحالنا وسفك دمائنا

"This is a land of anguish and misfortune."

So they turned into holy land and fabricated nonsense in its virtues raising it above Makkah and Madinah both of which are mentioned in the primary sources (Quran & authentic Sunnah)

kernel

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »

How does this mean he disliked the land? He could have meant bad things would happen there but that doesn't show a disliking for it.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 12:40:45 PM »

So they turned into holy land and fabricated nonsense in its virtues raising it above Makkah and Madinah both of which are mentioned in the primary sources (Quran & authentic Sunnah)

Does this narration have a chain?

Hani

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 03:35:53 AM »
Probably not, there's others where Ali himself calls it that. That's what recorded in history books including Kitab Siffin by Nasr bin Muzahim.