TwelverShia.net Forum

Why a 15 year old left Shiaism

sameer

Re: Why a 15 year old left Shiaism
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »
I became a Shia at age 17.  Was that too young or nah?

what i personally thing , does not matter at what age you join any religion, the followers will definitely give you a warm welcome. they will never ever discourage you the decision you have made.. the response from opposite will definitely be a negative and you will face criticism on your decision till the end of your life.. this is a human nature..

Ameen

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »

Brother it doesn't matter whether you are a Shia or Sunni, the age of 15/16 is a very young age. If someone is a Sunni and has turned towards Shiaism at this age, I wil say exactly the same.
I became a Shia at age 17.  Was that too young or nah?

I just don't know what more to say. It looks like basic common sense has just gone out of the window for some. And certain people just don't have any regards for reality and facts.

Let me repeat again, you are born a Muslim but you need to learn a lot about Islam itself as you grow older.

When you're born a Muslim there is a particular sect you belong to and your loyalties are with that sect. You are not aware of the other.

Taha

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
I just don't know what more to say. It looks like basic common sense has just gone out of the window for some. And certain people just don't have any regards for reality and facts.

Let me repeat again, you are born a Muslim but you need to learn a lot about Islam itself as you grow older.

When you're born a Muslim there is a particular sect you belong to and your loyalties are with that sect. You are not aware of the other.
I wasn't raised as a Muslim.  I converted at a young(er than 17) age.  Became a Shia at 17.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 02:08:32 PM »
Ameen, please enlighten us all. How old are you?

What ever my age is, I don't humiliate and or insult others, I'm not sarcastic towards others, I do not call others by strange names, I do not take the mickey out of others, I do not pick on others, I do not bully others, I do not attack others or anyones faith or belief, I do not target others or their Aqeedah etc.

How brothers speak about and behave towards Shiaism and the Shias is absolutely clear. You, me and the rest, none of us is blind. And they are looking for knowledgeable Shias??? They go on other forums and challenge or invite them for discussion. LOL! Take a good look at their behaviour and attitude.

We're allowed to speak about Shiaism the way we desire providing it doesn't involve vulgar language and other forms unpleasantries. I think the way brother Ebn Hussein goes about things is fine, but just needs to be mindful or moderate his use of words. Hardcore kufr and shirk of the highest degree which, the bedrock of Shiaism can and will rile genuine Mumineens will believe and embrace the true essence of tawheed.  ;D

Ameen

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 03:08:36 PM »

I wasn't raised as a Muslim.  I converted at a young(er than 17) age.  Became a Shia at 17.

Brother all people are born in to some religion, faith and sect. People convert, change or shift for various reasons. It could be anything from lack of awreness about who they are or were, infleunced by adoptive/foster family, or influenced by friends or others, loyalty towards their partner, wealth and funding etc.

I can give you a lot more reasons because I know,have seen a d experienced and dealt with many people and situations. I'm not going to ask you why you converted and what made you become a Shia, unless you yourself want to share it.

Ameen

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
Ameen, please enlighten us all. How old are you?

What ever my age is, I don't humiliate and or insult others, I'm not sarcastic towards others, I do not call others by strange names, I do not take the mickey out of others, I do not pick on others, I do not bully others, I do not attack others or anyones faith or belief, I do not target others or their Aqeedah etc.

How brothers speak about and behave towards Shiaism and the Shias is absolutely clear. You, me and the rest, none of us is blind. And they are looking for knowledgeable Shias??? They go on other forums and challenge or invite them for discussion. LOL! Take a good look at their behaviour and attitude.

We're allowed to speak about Shiaism the way we desire providing it doesn't involve vulgar language and other forms unpleasantries. I think the way brother Ebn Hussein goes about things is fine, but just needs to be mindful or moderate his use of words. Hardcore kufr and shirk of the highest degree which, the bedrock of Shiaism can and will rile genuine Mumineens will believe and embrace the true essence of tawheed.  ;D

You can speak about Shiaism the way you desire and you most definitely do. This is exactly my point that your will, wish and desire is the action and where there is action, there is bound to be some kind and sort of reaction at some time and level.

The action is allowed but the principals, rules and regulations are only there to control and put a stop to the reactipn, no matter how little and understandable it is. This is what the cry is all about, the reaction. Forget about the action!

Ameen

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
You believe that Kufr and Shirk are the bedrock of Shiaism, well that is nothing more than just a poisonous ideology of certain individuals, who use the good name of Ahe Sunnah Wal Jama'ath to promote their thinking to cause confusions and diversion.

This is your thought, opinion and point of view, which has absolutely got nothing to do with Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ath. They reject this ideology along with those who believe and promote it. Even your global moderator, brother Hani, doesn't accept and believe in it.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
You believe that Kufr and Shirk are the bedrock of Shiaism, well that is nothing more than just a poisonous ideology of certain individuals, who use the good name of Ahe Sunnah Wal Jama'ath to promote their thinking to cause confusions and diversion.

This is your thought, opinion and point of view, which has absolutely got nothing to do with Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ath. They reject this ideology along with those who believe and promote it. Even your global moderator, brother Hani, doesn't accept and believe in it.

That's his opinion.

I personally believe that with my heart and soul based on what I've read and heard from the tongues of your own scholars. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ath are no doubt on the haq and Shiaism is an upside down religion established by the Iblis.

Hani

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »
Okay can you guys end this discussion now? Not a very useful one now is it?
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Optimus Prime

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 04:07:13 PM »
Okay can you guys end this discussion now? Not a very useful one now is it?

Cool.

Ameen

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 12:30:30 AM »

That's his opinion.

I personally believe that with my heart and soul based on what I've read and heard from the tongues of your own scholars. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ath are no doubt on the haq and Shiaism is an upside down religion established by the Iblis.

You don't need to appologise because nothing that comes out of the mouth hurts me. Ther're just words at the end of the day. And you have a right to your personal belief. What the noble Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ath say is absolutely a different thing. And you certainly aren't their grand mufti. Giving a statement and believing in it is one thing, backing it up with and explanation and proving it is another.

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 01:22:11 AM »

That's his opinion.

You don't need to appologise because nothing that comes out of the mouth hurts me. Ther're just words at the end of the day. And you have a right to your personal belief. What the noble Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ath say is absolutely a different thing. And you certainly aren't their grand mufti. Giving a statement and believing in it is one thing, backing it up with and explanation and proving it is another.

"Noble"! Mate, come on, please leave this taqiyyah-ON speech. You might impress some jahil Sunni kids but not us. Anyway, since you are speaking of noble Sunnis. Indeed noble Sunnis did even make takfir on your biggest contemp. scholars (your Mushrik Ayatullat who understand and represent Twelver Shiism). Like Khomeini who received mass takfir for his kufri beliefs:

http://sunnahonline.com/ilm/aqeedah/0042.htm

Wallahi Shiism is so kufr and shirk infested, you must be a died hard mushrik yourself to actually NOT see it.

BTW: We know that whenever a Rafidi says "good" or "noble" Sunnis then he actually means FAKE Sunnis. The likes who ally themselves with the Rafidah like the evil "Sunni" Mufti of the Alawi (!) regime of Bashar. I can show you whole BOOKS by classical Sunni scholas like Shafi'is and how they declared your 12er kufri Madhab as a heretical madhab full of kufr and zandaqah.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:26:57 AM by Ebn Hussein »
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Optimus Prime

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 02:52:09 PM »

That's his opinion.

True, I'm just a layperson, but the responsibility is on you to discover the truth if you're open minded enough to seek it otherwise from where I'm standing, I'm content we're on the Siratul Mustaqeem thus, I'm not issuing a challenge of any sort.

Get digging for the haq, lad.

_twelver

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
سلام عليكم

[/quote]
Salaams to everyone reading this,

My story won't be as 'interesting' as brother Husayn's conversion, but I'd still like to make it public for anyone else contemplating joining the true followers of the sunnah.

History wise, the only Islamic education I had while growing up was my Shia family, and our local Sunday-School which I still go to today. So by no means am I an expert or a scholar (just a layman looking for Haqq).

My first major issues with Shiaism came when I started reading up on Ayatollah Fadlullah (خدا بیامرز), Nader Zaveri's website, as well as how Iran became Shia through forced conversion, not through Omar's (ra) cruelty like we were taught in 'masjid'.

What was it that you read about fadlullah and Nader Zaveris blog that caused you to have doubts? Even if we assume Iran became Shia through forced conversion, how does this make sunnism more appealing or even cast question marks on Shi'ism for that matter? This would be a fault of the Safawis and not a fault of Shi'ism as a whole.

[/quote]
From then on I read pro-sunni and pro-shia posts (like Tijani's book) and after months of researching I said my shahada again and declared myself a sunni (Hanafi). Hopefully, I'll be able to tell my family when I'm older.

If you thought tijanis book is the basis for Shia rhetoric then its no wonder you became a sunni. I hope you're prepared to place your akhirah on those few months of research

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
It was the mentality of thinking outside the box that appealed to me the most, and not just following what everyone else did. Some examples off the top of my head are, Wilayat takwinniyat, Azan, Tawassul, ect. My favorite part was that these people had proof that seemed very logical.

The reason I was mad when I found about the conversion of Iran through Safavids, is because ALL the shia mullahs I've known (about 5) have lied about it (read my post).

I hope Allah forgive's you for following you're parent's religion (think early Islam) :/

MissyB786

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 05:59:59 PM »
Precisely, NONE of us can use the excuse following the religion of our forefathers on judgement day, heck when I try to talk about Islam to my christian friends I constantly tell them that.

Lolz one of my christian friends was giving me some advice the other day cos I was feeling a bit emotional and tried to do a little prayer with me holding my hand, n I was like no sorry I respect ur advice and support as a friend but I cant be involved in shirk and ur prayer wud be shirk for me :D She understood, we're like those friends that can say ur gonna go to hell if ur not Muslim/Christian but still be friends :p

MashaAllah Brother Bolani, keep going, and keep seeking the truth and knowledge. I may have been born into a sunni family, but I have many reasons why I could be non-Muslim right now let alone Sunni Muslim. I think thats why my christian friends always give me their 'dawah' assuming I could become Christian. I could be like those ex-Muslims that rant about how horrible Islam is, but I have a brain, I didnt go by what my family taught me, I went by my own research and stuck to Islam, sunni Islam, despite my terrible cultural/family experiences.

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 02:59:15 AM »
Salaam guys, this is the story of the first Sunni get-together and jamaat I've had since leaving Tashayuu. Although I've done fake jamaats with Sunnis and went to the local (Sunni) masjid a few times, it was all while I was a Shia (lol). I was invited to go to an all day weekend youth event event by one of my friends (Sunni). I asked my mom if I should go, she was hesitant and doesn't want me hanging out with these 'other' people (ever since I started questioning certain beliefs). After playing the 'I need friends' game, She finally accepted :D

We did all our Salaahs their (minus Fajr) and Alhamdulillah I even prayed hands closed (big deal for me)!:D
It was nice as the Sheikh kept the center of his speeches on Allah (swt) and Prophet Muhammad (saw) while mentioning and discussing some virtues of Hz Ali (ra) and Hz Abu Bakr (ra) (Such a Nasibi!!!).

Something else I realized was that the Sunni sheikh didn't start directly/indirectly bashing the 'other' groups. I go to a Shia 'ImamBara' regularly and I don't remember once were the Mullah didn't bring something up (especially now with Muharram). One of the many things I disliked about Shias, is that they know more about 'rebuttals' then their own religion! I even caught one of the Shia 'elders' twice making fun of Sunni beliefs (quite harshly), only to correct her that and prove that they're Shia beliefs as well (quite awkward for the poor lady).

Somethings that probably aren't related to Shia vs Sunni. Were:
*First: The youth who were there were MUCH nicer then the youth at the Shia centers I've been to. At the Shia centers I've been to, the youth generally would give me a cold shoulder and not respond to me when I say "Hi". Wheras the Sunnis were MUCH nicer (saying Hi, talking to me, ect).
*The Salah the Sunnis did was MUCH better then any of the Shia places I can remember. The rows were aligned properly, shoulder to shoulder, our feet close to our 'neighbors' (I believe the sunnah is less then 4 fingers) and everyone did the next 'step' at the same time properly (like ruku and sajdah) instead of having a 'race' with the imam.
* In the Sunni center, the people were MUCH more diverse. I met Pakis, Indians, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis, Afghans, White people, Mexicans, Malaysians, Indonesians, Palestinians, Somalian, Bosnians, and even Chinese (I didn't even ask everyone, so I might've missed a few cultures). This is unlike all the Shias places I've ever been to which is usually either Desi (Hindi/Paki) or Iranian (which are more of 'Cultural Centers' then actual Masjids) or Iraqi or Afghan.
Anyhow, that was my experience. I told my mom that I 'made friends' (which I did) so I'm hoping I'll be able to go to more events!

Furkan

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »
Nice to hear your visit went quite well, brother. :D
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Farid

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2015, 12:15:49 AM »
@ Bolani Muslim:

Glad you had fun. =]

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2015, 01:46:53 AM »
I remember my first visit to a Sunni Masjid. The brothers there corrected my prayer instantaneously and were very welcoming