TwelverShia.net Forum

Why I am Salafi Muslim now

kernel

Why I am Salafi Muslim now
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:58:16 PM »
As-salamu alaykum. I am a revert to Islam since 2013. At first I never really got into sects of Islam. I just followed what I learned from just googling and following other muslims I knew. So this made me follow the Sunni way but I considered myself "Just Muslim". Eventually I found out about the Shia and studied them. I really went with it for a while. I tried my best to do everything according to the jafari madhab. I changed marja a bit here and there depending on who I thought was most qualified at the time. The reason I left shiism is because I started to find that the arguments for everything was based on weak hadiths and there was no basis for the imamate in the Quran and authentic hadith. I also was sick of following a madhab and marja so specifically. I'm salafi now because I can just google or look at some fatwa sites I like and decide based on the Quran and Sunnah. I also do look at the 4 sunni madhabs which do base their thought on the Quran and Sunnah but I found that following one over another to be ridiculous. I consider myself a Muslim first before anything though. Salafi just means to me to follow the way of the Rasulullah and the sahabah based on the evidence we have today. I used to be under the same name on shiachat. I asked to be deactivated there because I think it is a propaganda/shill site.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:54:58 AM by kernel »

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: Why I am Salafi Muslim now
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:12:31 AM »
Walaikum Salam wr wb,

Welcome to the forum brother. Praise be to Allah that you abandoned the Shia Imami sect and embraced the truth. May Allah bless you.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Hani

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 01:36:34 AM »
Salam `Alaykum,

You're welcome my ex-Shia brother. Looking forward to hearing more of your experience as ex-Shia.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:02:21 AM »
All praise be to Allah, the Lord of universe.

Farid

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 03:26:04 AM »
Praise be to Allah the Most Merciful!

Posts like these put a big smile on my face. Like Hani, I can't wait to hear more from you about your journey. =]

Link

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:51:45 AM »
there was no basis for the imamate in the Quran

Another blind soul that can't see beyond what Satan dictates to him.
Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 09:29:06 AM »

All praise to Allah for exposing this guy by his own words!

Sure the brother can't see since Allah protects him and make him blind from seeing beyond Syaitan's whisper. And since you can see beyond what syaitan dictate to you, I'm not surprise to see all your posts having detailed analysis of what syaitan dictating to you.

Hadrami

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
wa alaykum salam, bro which one did you find strange first, imamah or the hidden mahdi concept?

kernel

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 05:08:42 PM »
wa alaykum salam, bro which one did you find strange first, imamah or the hidden mahdi concept?
Probably imamah but both are equally strange to me.

Hani

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 08:29:24 PM »
When you read God's book, as a convert I ask you, when you were Shia, did you understand from it that we have to follow the guidance of twelve descendants of the Prophet (saw)? Also, what benefit did you get from being a follower of the hidden 12th Imam in your religious life?
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

kernel

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 01:23:02 AM »
When you read God's book, as a convert I ask you, when you were Shia, did you understand from it that we have to follow the guidance of twelve descendants of the Prophet (saw)? Also, what benefit did you get from being a follower of the hidden 12th Imam in your religious life?
No, I don't think I really was 100% shia at all. I found it pretty hard to follow shiism because where I live there is mostly Sunnis and most websites on Islam are Sunni. I found it really hard to become fully shia.

AlSunnah

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 01:23:40 AM »

hmm what about Allah appointing Adam as the Caliph?

Hadrami

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 04:33:12 AM »

im pretty sure kernel refers to imamate of there will be "12 captains" (as Link love to refer to them). Can you show me that from reading quran bro?

Forget about 12, just show me 1 imam

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 01:51:04 AM »

THESE VERSES OF QURAN SHOWS THAT EVEN DISBELIEVERS WERE MADE KHULAFA.

Said the eminent ones who DISBELIEVED among his people, "Indeed, we see you in foolishness, and indeed, we think you are of the liars."(7:66) [Hud] said, "O my people, there is not foolishness in me, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the worlds." (7:67). I convey to you the messages of my Lord, and I am to you a trustworthy adviser.(7:68). Then do you wonder that there has come to you a reminder from your Lord through a man from among you, that he may warn you? And remember when HE MADE YOU KHULAFA after the people of Noah and increased you in stature extensively. So remember the favors of Allah that you might succeed.(7:69)

Even the disbelievers were made khulafa by Allah. Hence this is not any divine appointment nor were the khulafa infallible. Rather this is about Qadr of Allah. Similar can be found when we read the verse where Allah said , He made or appointed Imams who invite to hell fire.

And We appointed them leaders(IMAMS) who invite unto the (Hell) Fire and on the Day of Judgment they shall not be helped.(28:41, Sayyed Abbas Sadr-Ameli)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:53:02 AM by Noor-us-Sunnah »

fgss

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 06:42:32 AM »
Shias do not follow ahlebayt in true sense (its merely a lip service) but their scholars/marja. Whatever their marja say they follow it blindly without even verifying with the narrations of ahlebayt. Thats why you will find many differences between their marjas. Not only this but they also differ greatly with their classic scholars both in major and minor issues.

There are many different versions of twelver shiism, like classic, safavid, modern etc.
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 01:38:40 AM »
Welcome to the board and the growing family of Ex Shias.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]