TwelverShia.net Forum

Ex-Shias: Husayn, abu Zayd (Vigilare) & ahki_irani

Husayn

Ex-Shias: Husayn, abu Zayd (Vigilare) & ahki_irani
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »
Assalamu Alaikum,

As requested by some of the brothers on this and other forums, I am officially announcing my rejection of Shiism and my acceptance of true Islam - that of Ahlul Sunnah wal Jama'a.

I'm going to keep this as a short introduction for the time being, and later on, insha' Allah, I will expound in further detail on exactly why I made this decision.

For some background information regarding myself - all that I will divulge at present is that I currently live in the western world and was born and raised as a Shi'i, and am in my late 20s.

I studied Shi'ism extensively and have been debating with Sunnis for a very long time, both on forums and in real life. I believed fully in the "truth" of Shi'ism and never intended on rejecting it.

I have never studied Shi'ism in any formal sense - my knowledge comes from books that I own, lectures I attended and most importantly the internet, which is a vast repository of almost limitless knowledge.

I am no expert in Rijal, Tafsir, Fiqh or anything of the sort - rather, I am basically a self-educated layman, and instead, I rely on other experts of both Shiism and Ahlul Sunnah to expound the beliefs of both schools and I judge for myself which I believe to be more logical and grounded in truth.

I will not be writing up some story about a journey of spiritual enlightenment or anything of the sort - rather, I'll keep this topic as simple as possible, and will basically share my views on the major issues between Ahlul Sunnah and the Shia, discussing both viewpoints from my understanding and explaining why I believe that the Shia are wrong about basically everything.

Wa Alaikum Assalam
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:59:44 AM by Hani »
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Hani

Re: Why I left Shiaism
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:29:30 PM »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Abu Ammar

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:53:01 PM »
Wa 3leyk Assalam,

Mashallah brother, Alhamdulillah that you have found this path and may Allah keep you firm and steadfast on it.
I believe brother Ebn Hussain has told me a great deal about you.

I hope to hear your stories, since I'm convinced you've got a great deal to say.
لا تعتقد دين الروافض إنهم أهل المحال وحزبة الشيطان

'Do not Believe [in] the religion of the Rawafidh, for they are people of distortion and the party of Satan'

Nooniyah Al-Qahtani

Hani

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 11:11:14 PM »
I'm just waiting for someone on SC to claim both of you weren't Shia in the first place, they've already made such generalizations in that same thread.

عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Husayn

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 01:19:01 AM »
http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235025019-are-there-shia-who-really-reverted-to-sunni/?p=2738610

I guess we'll see  ;D

I'll add some more to this topic later tonight, insha' Allah.

Hani

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »
Well they called you both "idiots" and likened your reversion to the Qur'an and the Sunnah to "converting to Christianity".

They also said you weren't believers in the first place...

I expected as much from them honestly, the reactions of little kids and the morals of street thugs.

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 12:24:42 AM »
The arrogance of the Shias (especially non Arab speakers i.e. 99% of the Rawafid) never cease to amaze me. As I told you lot, they are brainwashed they don't know what is going on in their VERY OWN fortress and how their OWN scholars admit that Shia SCHOLARS are leaving Shiism for Islam (and not just laymen):

http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/the-rise-of-the-sunnais-ex-shias-(video)/msg444/#msg444

Anyway, this post here cracked me up, a Rafidi claiming Tawheed, what an oxymoron:

The Mushrik should tell us what non-perverted, NON-die hard Mushrik Ya Jesus/Mary/saints of the church yelling Mushrik would leave his Mushrik cult just in order to replace it with Ya Ali/Fatimah Imam x/y/z?

BTW, the comment about 12 hypocrites was funny too, reminded me of Judas Iscariot who was one of the 12 DISCIPLES of Jesus and a bloody hypocrite Dajjal just like the 12th cellar dwelling 3aj 3aj saviour of the Rafidah.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:27:17 AM by Ebn Hussein »
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:36:50 AM »
Brothers, brother HUSAYN has been active on Sunni-Shia discussion boards for over a decade. Do you know when I met him virtually? It was in the beginning of 2005 (around that time as far as I remember) i.e. almost a decade, I left Shi'ism in the beginning of 2004 (with the help of an Ex-Shia Hawzah, may Allah reward him) and since 2005 till 2014 (literally 2014!) I debated Husayn! Not just me, he had discussions with brother UmarbinKhatab, Efendi (Gift2Shias owner, also an Ex-Shia!) and many other brothers. Honestly, he was amongst those Rawafid who I thought will never change. Alhamdulillah I was proven wrong, to this day I can't really believe that someone such as Husayn who was so hard to crack, actually realised that Rafidism is nothing but kufr and Zandaqah and is now actively exposing Rafidism for what it is. It is such a joy to see more and more brothers leaving this shirk infested cult of Rafd and Zandaqah and it's just the beginning I believe:

http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/the-rise-of-the-sunnais-ex-shias-(video)/

The age of internet will break the ribs and back of Shiism, Omari style Inshaallah  ;D I've no doubt about that. As for my story, well It's a bit long, maybe I write something about it one day, as for now here is ONE of MANY main reasons why I believe that Shiism is the religion of satan and the unholy progeny of satan (it's written by myself but from brother Ibn Al-Hindi's aka swords of sunnah's amazing blog):

http://youpuncturedtheark.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/from-whom-do-you-take-your-religion/
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Iqra07

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 08:41:10 AM »
People convert all the time. Conversion doesn't mean much whether they converted from.Shia.to.Sunni or Sunni to Shia or Christian to Muslim etc. It just means that individual made a choice. We do not.know what they based this choice upon only the reasons they give. ALLAH knows what is in people's hearts but we do not.

For every example of.people.converting one way there are examples of others converting the.other way. I find that by far most brothers in ALL madhabs are.sincere in their beliefs although they may be misguided. I certainly believe the 12ers are misguided in many regards. It is.pretty easy to.see why one would convert from Twelver to Sunni. I went from borderline Twelver.to Zaydi myself.
And Allah knows best

Husayn

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »
So to begin, I'll start with the issue of the Sahabah, and Abu Bakr (RA) specifically.

As a Shi'i, I was taught to believe that the Sahabah were a gang of hypocrites - criminals who betrayed the Prophet and oppressed his family basically from the second he died. The word "Saqifah" invoked only evil connotations and was the embodiment of this betrayal.

As a youngster growing up, I actually took pride in being a "Rafidi". I would actually use this as a nickname even in video games and email accounts, that's how proud of it I was.

This is my old Battlefield 2 account: http://spieler-daten.de/bf2_stats/Rafidh

Funny right?

Almost every (private) lecture I attended involved cursing of the Sahabah - either outwardly, or with innuendo. This never happened in public lectures, because Shi'is try to keep this as hidden as possible.

As time went on, however, I came to have serious doubts about these views, as I'll explain below, focusing mainly on Abu Bakr (RA).

Abu Bakr as-Siddique (RA) in the eyes of a Shi'i

As a Shi'i, Abu Bakr's case was clearcut. He was the instigator of this betrayal and by far the most despised of the companions in my eyes. The major reason, ofcourse, was that he was 'Aisha's father, so he recieved a double dose of curses whenever his name was mentioned. Not to mention, he stole Fadak from Fatima and made up some hadith from the Prophet to justify it. He was a thief and a devil. Not to mention he was a coward - remember how he was scared and about to betray the Prophet in the cave? I could never understand how Sunnis thought so highly of him - they were clearly misguided and ignorant people.

However, as time went on, certain facts came to light about Abu Bakr, and some doubts started creeping into my mind regarding him.

For example, he was one of the first people to become a Muslim. According to authentic reports, he was the first adult male to embrace Islam. Shi'is ofcourse deny this, and when I asked this question to a more "learned" Hajj, he said "no, more like the twenieth or thirtieth". Upon further research, it became clear that the consensus was that he was definitely the first adult male to embrace Islam. This complicated matters.

Let us assume he wasn't the first male - let's accept for arguments sake that Abu Bakr was the 30th male to embrace Islam. Either way, the same questions come to light. Clearly, he didn't embrace Islam when it was strong and the Prophet had many followers. Whether he was the first or the 30th, he embraced Islam when it was weak, and its future was very cloudy.

So why did this evil man accept Islam when so few others did?

Did he recieve any wealth because of it? No - the Prophet had no wealth to give him, and Abu Bakr was already a wealthy man.

Did he recieve power? Sure, Abu Bakr was from a minor tribe of Quraish, maybe his accepting Islam would give him more power? The answer to that is no - he didn't get any power from becoming Muslim, infact, he lost power as the chiefs of Quraish now viewed him negatively.

How about respect? Maybe Abu Bakr wanted people's respect by becoming a Muslim? No - Abu Bakr got the complete opposite, he actually lost respect, and authentic reports state that he was actually beaten up several times.

These were very tricky questions for me as a Shi'i. They didn't add up with the overall evil image we have of Abu Bakr. How is it possible to reconcile his later actions with his earlier actions? His earlier apparently sincere acceptance of Islam when it was weak and powerless, and his later actions as the chief tyrant who oppressed Ahlul Bayt and stole their rights?

Hani

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »
MashaAllah, you got me very interested now your reversion and the evolution of your ideas, please do continue brother.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »
Masha'Allah!

Thank you brother for the beautiful post. Keep posting.

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Abu Zayd

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »
Interesting topic.

Hani

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »
Interesting topic.

Good to have you here brother abu Zayd, we'd love to hear your story as well and how you left the Imamiyyah, I'm sure there's a lot of benefits we can learn.

Farid

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 01:21:41 AM »
Subhanallah. Me and Ibn Hussain were wondering where you were.

ahki_irani

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 12:10:54 AM »
Salam Alekyum,
brother Husayn I would like to talk to you privatelt if possible?
Im litreally on the last stages of confirming my self as ahlul sunnah wa jamat. I come from a shia background however the whole concept of imamate does not seem rational to me. However I still have my doubts so would like to speak to you inshAllah

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
Salam Alekyum,
brother Husayn I would like to talk to you privatelt if possible?
Im litreally on the last stages of confirming my self as ahlul sunnah wa jamat. I come from a shia background however the whole concept of imamate does not seem rational to me. However I still have my doubts so would like to speak to you inshAllah

Walaikum Salam wr wb baradar,

Welcome to the forum. I read your comment and I thanked Allah (swt), He guides whom He wills.

If you have other questions please ask.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Hani

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 08:27:27 PM »
Salam, brother "ahki_irani" we're not being too active on the forum nowadays, I guess everyone is temporarily busy with some personal business, I have notified brother Husayn about your post.

(Until he replies, you're welcome to ask any of our members)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:29:12 PM by Hani »

ahki_irani

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 02:56:50 AM »
Thank you brothers for your reply and Ive left it late due to being out all day so to give a couple of the main reasons why I am still a bit apprehensive is this.

1. the invasion of persia - when persia had been invaded its believed that the libraries with a vast amount of history had been set a light and Umar had asked for this to happen. I realise as I am Iranian it may be a pride thing which is actually against Islam to hold such a thing in our hearts however this to me seems unjust.

2. the age of the prophet(pbuh) when marrying aisha..I believe in bukhari she was around 9 while the prophet(pbuh) was in his 50s. now to me I ponder and think if a man of that age marries anyone under 14 what would you honestly think about him? I realise in those days woman may have possibly have been more mature mentally etc however to accept this you would have to accept any man on the street of 50 to go with a girl of 9,10,11 or 12 as the prophet(pbuh) did.

3. Also what is your position on Imam hussein and yazid? One thing why I cannot accept shia islam is due to the making imams like almost god like humans due to them knowing the unseen ,which I believe in the quran it states only allah knows (i believe may allah forgive me if i am wrong). However i respect imam hussein so much due to his courage what is the ahlul sunnahs position on the events at karbala.

I have tons of stuff i could go into but if anyone could answer these with me for now i would be so grateful.
regards.

ali

lotfilms

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 04:48:31 AM »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
1. the invasion of persia
Salam baradar let me ask you a few questions regarding the invasion of Persia:
1) Did the Persians all instantly convert to Islam (meaning that they were forced) or did they slowly covert to Islam over the span of like 300 years, especially after the Quran was translated into Farsi (meaning that they converted out of their free will) ?
2) Did the Arabs force Arabic on the Persians and eliminate the Persian language or did they allow the Persian language to be protected and remain with us to this day?

i highly recommend this book by Ayatullah al-Mutahhari where he disproves the propaganda of some of the Persian nationalists who claim that Islam is an Arab religion forced on the Persian people:
خدمات متقابل ايران و اسلام
http://www.aviny.com/library/motahari/PDF/khadamatemotegabel.pdf

Hopefully you'll find it beneficial insha'Allah

May Allah(swt) guide us all amen

Khuda Hafiz