TwelverShia.net Forum

Islamic Revolution won independence, freedom

ehsanmog

Islamic Revolution won independence, freedom
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

[size=78%]  Imam Khomeini, the late founder of the Islamic Republic frequently through his speeches described accomplishment of freedom and independence as main objective of the Islamic Revolution.[/size]

During his exile period in Neauphle-le-Chateau, Paris, Imam Khomeini during a historic speech strongly criticized the repressive policies being practiced by Shah regime and his backers.
 Imam said that Shah regime has allowed colonial powers to harm Iranian economy by plundering oil and other natural resources of the nation.
 Imam stated the accomplishment of independence and freedom as main objective of the Islamic Revolution.
 After several years of exile, Imam’s return to Iran in 1979 resulted in overthrow of the Shah regime. Imam announced to establish an Islamic-democratic system which put Iran on track of progress and changed balance of power in the interest of Muslim and oppressed nations.
 *Some extracts and paraphrases form Imam’s speech comes as following:
 Freedom and independence, the two legitimate demands of the Iranian nation
 The first issue: Freedom
 Today, I do not have anything new to add to that which I have already said before; my words have always revolved around the same thing. From the very beginning of the Islamic movement, which began about fifteen years ago or more and which has passed through different stages, sometimes progressing quickly, sometimes slowly, up until the present when, praise be to God, it has reached its peak, our aim, one in which we have persevered, has been the same, and that is to secure freedom and independence for the Iranian nation. Both these demands are legitimate rights that all human societies, those that is which have not strayed from the path of humanity, recognize. A nation of thirty or thirty-five million people is being suppressed; for fifty years this thirty-million-strong nation has been stifled and repressed and has suffered difficulties in every respect. Throughout this period, it has enjoyed neither a free press nor has its radio been a national radio run by the people its preachers and orators have not been free to speak out on different matters. All have been under police pressure and control. But now this thirty-million-strong nation, having been deprived of its legitimate right for fifty years, has risen up and is demanding its right. The people are saying that they want to be free and this is a demand that all human societies recognize, for it is a just demand. The Iranian people are not asking for something, which is not their right.
continue:
en.imam-khomeini.ir

Mythbuster1

Re: Islamic Revolution won independence, freedom
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »

[size=78%]  Imam Khomeini, the late founder of the Islamic Republic frequently through his speeches described accomplishment of freedom and independence as main objective of the Islamic Revolution.[/size]

During his exile period in Neauphle-le-Chateau, Paris, Imam Khomeini during a historic speech strongly criticized the repressive policies being practiced by Shah regime and his backers.
 Imam said that Shah regime has allowed colonial powers to harm Iranian economy by plundering oil and other natural resources of the nation.
 Imam stated the accomplishment of independence and freedom as main objective of the Islamic Revolution.
 After several years of exile, Imam’s return to Iran in 1979 resulted in overthrow of the Shah regime. Imam announced to establish an Islamic-democratic system which put Iran on track of progress and changed balance of power in the interest of Muslim and oppressed nations.

Is that so??

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-real-iranian-hostage-crisis-a-cia-covert-op/5324385?print=1

Hani

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:38:32 AM »
We all know Iran is all about freedom, just ask any Iranian outside Iran (trust me).
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

MuslimAnswers

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:26:25 AM »
We all know Iran is all about freedom, just ask any Iranian outside Iran (trust me).

I take it to be like the 'equality' of the early framing fathers of America: All people are equal, as long as they are white property-owning males.

Husayn

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:30:05 AM »
It's funny that Khomeini, Mr "Anti-West", was calling for the overthrow of the Shah from... a Western country. Also funny that he happened to board an Air France flight straight to Tehran.

I would not be suprised if Khomeini himself was a CIA asset. I know he had contacts with the US government, that's been revealed.
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس