TwelverShia.net Forum

The Four Pillars of Mut'a article

Adil

The Four Pillars of Mut'a article
« on: December 06, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »
Asalaamualaykum, I was talking to a shia guy, he seems quite friendly and anyway we were debating mut'a and he gave me a link to read.

Link - https://www.al-islam.org/muta-temporary-marriage-islamic-law-sachiko-murata/four-pillars-muta

I read it and came away with an even worse opinion of mut'a. They are literally describing prostitution.

For example:

In some works a special term is applied to women who participate in mut'a: musta'jara, or 'rented woman'. Mut'a is considered a kind of 'rental' because in general a man's basic aim in this kind of marriage is the sexual enjoyment of a woman, and in return for his enjoyment the woman receives a certain amount of money or property.

In defining 'rental' the jurisprudents say: 'It is to gain possession of a benefit in exchange for a specified sum.This definition applies equally to temporary marriage. In this connection a number of hadith have been recorded in which the word musta'jara is employed.

So a special term for women who participate in it - 'rented woman'. The man enjoys her sexually and she receives cash or property. And since it has a time period, it's temporary. This is literally prostitution.

Since in mut'a-in contrast to permanent marriage-a woman does not have the right to initiate a sexual act, the obstacle to sexual relations in the present situation is the woman's unwillingness to permit anything more than what was agreed upon in the contract. But the contract itself establishes the permissibility of intercourse. So if the obstacle is removed, the result will be that the contract as such will come into play.

I was told it helps people deal with their desires but it seems the women in mut'a aren't allowed to initiate sex. It's only the man who can initiate it. This isn't exactly a complete two way street as some shia make it out to be.

It is also reprehensible, without any exceptions, to contract a temporary marriage with a virgin, by reason of the words of the Imam Ja'far: 'It is reprehensible, because it is a stain upon her family.' If a contract should nevertheless be concluded, it is not permissible for the man to consummate the marriage, unless the marriage took place with the permission of her father-a condition almost impossible to imagine in Muslim society. 'A virgin may not be married temporarily without her father's permission' (the Imam al-Rida)

Apparently trying to do mut'a with a virgin woman brings stain upon her family. If it is such a dishonourable act then why even practice it? Do they think a non-virgin woman is somehow already "used" or something so the mut'a won't bring a stain upon her family. This is like some next level stupidity.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:15:27 PM by Adil »

iceman

Re: The Four Pillars of Mut'a article
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 04:54:01 AM »
Asalaamualaykum, I was talking to a shia guy, he seems quite friendly and anyway we were debating mut'a and he gave me a link to read.

Link - https://www.al-islam.org/muta-temporary-marriage-islamic-law-sachiko-murata/four-pillars-muta

I read it and came away with an even worse opinion of mut'a. They are literally describing prostitution.

For example:

So a special term for women who participate in it - 'rented woman'. The man enjoys her sexually and she receives cash or property. And since it has a time period, it's temporary. This is literally prostitution.

I was told it helps people deal with their desires but it seems the women in mut'a aren't allowed to initiate sex. It's only the man who can initiate it. This isn't exactly a complete two way street as some shia make it out to be.

Apparently trying to do mut'a with a virgin woman brings stain upon her family. If it is such a dishonourable act then why even practice it? Do they think a non-virgin woman is somehow already "used" or something so the mut'a won't bring a stain upon her family. This is like some next level stupidity.

"I was talking to a shia guy"

You met just only one Iranian and try to paint a picture of Iran. Now you meet only one shia guy. What picture do you want to paint know. 😊😊😊

Adil

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 05:19:54 AM »
"I was talking to a shia guy"

You met just only one Iranian and try to paint a picture of Iran. Now you meet only one shia guy. What picture do you want to paint know. 😊😊😊

This ones iraqi actually and this thread doesn't mention Iran.

Stay on topic.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:22:41 AM by Adil »

iceman

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 08:45:34 PM »
This ones iraqi actually and this thread doesn't mention Iran.

Stay on topic.

Stay on topic? This coming from you.

"This ones iraqi actually and this thread doesn't mention Iran"

So you're after the Iraqi Shias now and the government. 😀
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:47:09 PM by iceman »

iceman

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 08:50:48 PM »

For example:

"So a special term for women who participate in it - 'rented woman'. The man enjoys her sexually and she receives cash or property. And since it has a time period, it's temporary. This is literally prostitution"

Ok, so lets cut the nonsense out of it. Why don't you speak to a high ranking shia scholar rather than speaking to a guy. And how exactly was mut'ah practiced^done during the Prophet's s.a.w time. What was the reason, terms and conditions then.

Adil

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 04:34:26 AM »
"So a special term for women who participate in it - 'rented woman'. The man enjoys her sexually and she receives cash or property. And since it has a time period, it's temporary. This is literally prostitution"

Ok, so lets cut the nonsense out of it. Why don't you speak to a high ranking shia scholar rather than speaking to a guy. And how exactly was mut'ah practiced^done during the Prophet's s.a.w time. What was the reason, terms and conditions then.

al-islam.org is a reputable shia website. The article has it's points referenced. Not my fault that you think parts of shiaism are nonsense, if you have a problem with what they've written then take it up with them.

The article actually covers the reason, terms and conditions, for mutah. Read it next time before you reply further otherwise you're just wasting people's time.

iceman

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 03:46:22 PM »
al-islam.org is a reputable shia website. The article has it's points referenced. Not my fault that you think parts of shiaism are nonsense, if you have a problem with what they've written then take it up with them.

The article actually covers the reason, terms and conditions, for mutah. Read it next time before you reply further otherwise you're just wasting people's time.

I'm not wasting anybodys time. This is your job and those like you. I don't think infact I believe there are no parts of shiaism that are nonsense. Otherwise I wouldn't be a shia. You want to pick up nonsense and start linking it to shiaism then that's not my problem. This is an anti shia website and you are an anti shia individual. I'm just here to respond to the propaganda when and where ever I can. Learn about Shiaism and it's core beliefs rather than wasting your own time.

Adil

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 10:25:36 PM »
I'm not wasting anybodys time. This is your job and those like you. I don't think infact I believe there are no parts of shiaism that are nonsense. Otherwise I wouldn't be a shia. You want to pick up nonsense and start linking it to shiaism then that's not my problem. This is an anti shia website and you are an anti shia individual. I'm just here to respond to the propaganda when and where ever I can. Learn about Shiaism and it's core beliefs rather than wasting your own time.

If you believe no parts of shiaism are nonsense then stop complaining about the article. It's written by shias who explain mutah.

And if you still have a problem with the article then you have a problem with shiaism because as I said the article is just an explanation of mutah written by shias themselves.

I am learning. Al-Islam.org  is a shia website. Don't worry.