TwelverShia.net Forum

My journey to Islam

Pearl

My journey to Islam
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:23:23 AM »

My parents both died when I was a baby. My paternal grandmother​ raised me. She was a abusive woman. I never was treated like a normal child.I used to envy children who had loving parents and grandparents. Because of her I became depressed. I remember crying one night and asking God to help me. I don't know why I said that. My grandmother was an atheist and told me God didn't exist. But that night I still asked God to help and bring peace in my life. After that night she told me we had to move to a different neighborhood. We moved to a Muslim neighborhood. There were people that would give dawah and would hand out free Quran. I took one and unfortunately made a mistake by showing the Quran to her. She became furious and told me that a child  like myself didn't​ need to believe in fairy tales. She went to the people giving dawah and screamed at them for trying to brainwash a child. After that we moved to different city. She kept a close eye on me. Parents/ grandparents usually keep on eye on their children/ grandchildren for reasons such as drugs, mine on the other hand kept an eye on me so I wouldn't convert to any religion. Without a religion life was meaningless. Two years ago when I was fifteen she became ill and as a result wanted to be alone. I for one was happy because that meant I could do whatever I wanted. What I wanted the most was something that would bring some peace. I had a dream  that I became a Muslim. The​ only masjid in our town was an hour away. I knew my grandmother would never take me there so I would lie to her and tell her I am going to the forest. She wouldn't have believed me but since she was sick she didn't care. When I first went to the masjid I felt something I had never felt before. I was only able to go to the masjid three times. On my third visit I became a Muslim because in my heart I knew Islam was the truth. My grandmother's condition didn't improve and she eventually passed away. I now live with my maternal grandmother, who also had reverted to Islam. She is half twelver and half Sufi.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

• +0/-0
  • رافضي ولله الحمد
  • Religion: Shia
Re: My journey to Islam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:48:10 AM »
She is half twelver and half Sufi.

How does that make sense?
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »

She chose to become half twelver and half Sufi because "it's a better version of Christianity"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

• +0/-0
  • رافضي ولله الحمد
  • Religion: Shia
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »

She chose to become half twelver and half Sufi because "it's a better version of Christianity"

Well, you do realise we Twelvers consider Sufis as deviants? Very weird. I am not a fan of believing in multiple faiths, you're either with the Haqq or not.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:02 AM »

Well, you do realise we Twelvers consider Sufis as deviants? Very weird. I am not a fan of believing in multiple faiths, you're either with the Haqq or not.
The other twelvers don't call her a deviant and told it's perfectly fine and only Allah can judge people.

Mythbuster1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »

Well pal looks like your NOT👍

Farid

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing Pearl. Your story was a great reminder about how Allah brings guidance to those farthest away from an Islamic community.

May Allah bless you.

MuslimK

• +1/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:02 PM »
Praise be to Allah - He guides whom He wills.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

kernel

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 01:09:59 AM »

Maybe she is into Alevism/Bektashism?