TwelverShia.net Forum

My journey to Islam

Pearl

My journey to Islam
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:23:23 AM »

My parents both died when I was a baby. My paternal grandmother​ raised me. She was a abusive woman. I never was treated like a normal child.I used to envy children who had loving parents and grandparents. Because of her I became depressed. I remember crying one night and asking God to help me. I don't know why I said that. My grandmother was an atheist and told me God didn't exist. But that night I still asked God to help and bring peace in my life. After that night she told me we had to move to a different neighborhood. We moved to a Muslim neighborhood. There were people that would give dawah and would hand out free Quran. I took one and unfortunately made a mistake by showing the Quran to her. She became furious and told me that a child  like myself didn't​ need to believe in fairy tales. She went to the people giving dawah and screamed at them for trying to brainwash a child. After that we moved to different city. She kept a close eye on me. Parents/ grandparents usually keep on eye on their children/ grandchildren for reasons such as drugs, mine on the other hand kept an eye on me so I wouldn't convert to any religion. Without a religion life was meaningless. Two years ago when I was fifteen she became ill and as a result wanted to be alone. I for one was happy because that meant I could do whatever I wanted. What I wanted the most was something that would bring some peace. I had a dream  that I became a Muslim. The​ only masjid in our town was an hour away. I knew my grandmother would never take me there so I would lie to her and tell her I am going to the forest. She wouldn't have believed me but since she was sick she didn't care. When I first went to the masjid I felt something I had never felt before. I was only able to go to the masjid three times. On my third visit I became a Muslim because in my heart I knew Islam was the truth. My grandmother's condition didn't improve and she eventually passed away. I now live with my maternal grandmother, who also had reverted to Islam. She is half twelver and half Sufi.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Re: My journey to Islam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:48:10 AM »
She is half twelver and half Sufi.

How does that make sense?
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »

She chose to become half twelver and half Sufi because "it's a better version of Christianity"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »

She chose to become half twelver and half Sufi because "it's a better version of Christianity"

Well, you do realise we Twelvers consider Sufis as deviants? Very weird. I am not a fan of believing in multiple faiths, you're either with the Haqq or not.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:02 AM »

Well, you do realise we Twelvers consider Sufis as deviants? Very weird. I am not a fan of believing in multiple faiths, you're either with the Haqq or not.
The other twelvers don't call her a deviant and told it's perfectly fine and only Allah can judge people.

Mythbuster1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »

Well pal looks like your NOT👍

Farid

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing Pearl. Your story was a great reminder about how Allah brings guidance to those farthest away from an Islamic community.

May Allah bless you.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:02 PM »
Praise be to Allah - He guides whom He wills.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

kernel

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 01:09:59 AM »

Maybe she is into Alevism/Bektashism?

Hadrami

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 01:17:07 AM »

Maybe she is into Alevism/Bektashism?

when you think about it, twelvers themselves are only 50% imami compare to nizari. Im being generous here with the 50% 😆
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:18:20 AM by Hadrami »

ZulFiqar

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 01:21:21 AM »
Sufism is beautiful. Twelver Shi'ism is misguidance.

In Sufism, we recognise thousands upon thousands of Awliya Allah, who due to their worship of Allah and emulation of the beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم were raised to a high station of Wilaya. They were the original missionaries of Islam who spread the Light of our Faith throughout the East and West. The fact that in our Religion there have been thousands upon thousands of such saints shows the power of Islam as a living religion.

But the Twelvers say that Islam has only produced 12 such individuals, the last of when is absent, and in his absence there is no true guide or saint. So they restrict the fruits of Islam to 12....whereas in Sufism we recognise the fruits of Islam are countless. So which one is guidance and which one is misguidance?

Allah says إِنَّا أَعْطَيْنَاكَ الْكَوْثَرَ
O my beloved Prophet We have granted you abundance
My Blog
Forbidden_Link