TwelverShia.net Forum

Official Reading Thread

Ebn Hussein

Re: Official Reading Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 10:22:52 PM »
^None of the threads open readable.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Hani

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 01:22:30 AM »
^None of the threads open readable.

They deleted the links so I replaced them with new ones.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 05:19:05 AM »
Allah yibarek feek. There is no doubt that these crypto-Majoos hate on Islam and Arabs.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Abu Zayd

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 01:18:34 AM »
The Story of the Qur'an: Its History and Place in Muslim Life by Ingrid Mattson.

http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-EHEP002845.html

A bit about the author (who reverted to Islam in 1987):  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingrid_Mattson

Hani

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 02:47:38 AM »
@Abi Zayd,

Looks interesting bro. Reverts offer some unique perspective on things.

I just went through this book:

-Fadeelat-ul-`Aadileen min al-Wulaat, by abu Nu`aym al-Asbahani (337-430h) A Hadith book containing a collection of narrations about the virtues of those in authority if they rule with justice and fairness.

عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Hani

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 11:50:44 PM »

"Masaadir al-Athaar" is a good book on Islamic lands of old and the condition of knowledge and its people in each land, then the unfortunate loss of knowledge in most of these lands, (mainly due to Gengis Khan):

Link: https://ia902701.us.archive.org/28/items/FP121281/121281.pdf

Farid

The Official - What are you Reading? - Thread
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 12:38:51 AM »
Alsalam alaykum,

I can't believe that we forgot to have one of these. Last time I posted in something like this was in the old forums. The idea is to list what you are currently reading and perhaps share some interesting tidbits. The purpose of the thread is to encourage others to read the specific book you are reading or to actually read in general, since this is a generation that does not read much.

Currently reading: Al-Shi'r Al-Jahili by Yaseen Al-Jbouri

Interesting book about Jahili society and how society revolved around poetry. I have read some chapters here and there. I would like to recommend it, but I have not compared it to anything else in the field.

أبو ماريا المرزم

• +0/-2
  • Allah grant the Rafidah their seat in Jahannam
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: The Official - What are you Reading? - Thread
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »
You didn't specify what kind of book  ;) ;), but I'm currently reading "1984'. I've also been binge watching some shows on netflix
They asked how many will be with the one I hate. I said 313

Hani

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 01:13:22 AM »
Salam,

I'll post books I'm reading, books I read specific chapters from or books I'm planning to read.

Let me begin with this one:

The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate—Discoveries from a Secret World
by Peter Wohlleben.

This will change your entire outlook on plant life. Tough read for vegetarians ; p

Farid

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 02:17:29 AM »
^ Good to know.

I wonder if vegans are gonna start eating turbah soon.

lotfilms

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 02:37:25 AM »
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
Super important thread, jzk Farid

Other than the Quran, a book i've really been interested in is a book on the writings of Ben Franklin, who lived in the 1700s ce.
It's about 1,500 pages and is filled with the various writing of Ben Franklin on life, science, religion, math, etc and is a wonderful look into the mind and world of one of the great polymaths in history (afterall, by Allah(swt)'s grace, then by Franklin's discovery, almost all tall buildings today have lightening rods to reduce the amount of people killed by lightening subhanAllah) and of American society at the time.

Because he grew up at the time where the Protestant Puritans still had an influence (who were basically like Christian Wahhabis), he was massively influenced by the "Protestant Work Ethic" (where laziness or idleness was massively looked down upon) and the Puritan concept of "Virtue" (doing good to benefit society) was very important.
So to help achieve this end, he would wake up in the morning and think about what good he would do during the day and before he slept, he would review his day to see what good he had done.  This is an example of his daily schedule:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And as a way of doing Jihad al-Nafs, he came up with this chart, where on the left side are various virtues (temperance, frugality, industry, etc) and on top are the days of the week; so if he violated one of those virtues, he would put a black dot next to that virtue on that day.  So if he overate and was gluttonous on Wednesday, he would put a black dot intersecting "T" (temperance) and "W" (Wednesday):

Temperance. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
(Silence. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
Order. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
Resolution. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
Frugality. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
Industry. Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
Sincerity. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
Justice. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
Moderation. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
Cleanliness. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation.
Tranquillity. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
Chastity. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
Humility. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.)

And on a side note, it's interesting how he compares the mercy of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) to prisoners of war to the savagery of some of the "Christian" American settlers when they slaughtered Native Americans mercilessly:
As for the Turks, it is recorded in the Life of Mahomet, the founder of their religion, that Khaled, one of his captains, having divided a number of prisoners between himself and those that were with him, he commanded the hands of his own prisoners to be tied behind them, and then, in a most cruel and brutal manner, put them to the sword; but he could not prevail on his men to massacre their captives, because in fight they had laid down their arms, submitted, and demanded protection. Mahomet, when the account was brought to him, applauded the men for their humanity; but said to Khaled, with great indignation: “O Khaled, thou butcher, cease to molest me with thy wickedness. If thou possessedst a heap of gold as large as Mount Obod, and shouldst expend it all in God’s cause, thy merit would not efface the guilt incurred by the murder of the meanest of those poor captives.”

And then he gives several examples of the mercy of the Muslims:
http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/franklin-the-works-of-benjamin-franklin-vol-iv-letters-and-misc-writings-1763-1768

And on a side note, it's interesting how not only the Quran had managed to end up in English by the 1700s, but also some hadiths of the Prophet(pbuh) to the point that Ben Franklin actually quoted a hadith as a proof.

اللهم صل على محمد رحمة للعالمين وآل محمد

But yea really awesome book that contains his autobiography, many many wise sayings (see some here: http://www.rightattitudes.com/2011/01/17/inspirational-quotations-359/), and a fantastic look into the mind one of the great polymaths, as well as into early American society and history.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:43:28 AM by lotfilms »

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 03:18:53 PM »
^ Good to know.

I wonder if vegans are gonna start eating turbah soon.

Yea you know eating turbah is not allowed, either by fatwa or obligatory precaution, according to most Shi'a Jurists?

Yea I know what you will say, Turbatul Husayn (alayhi al salatu walsalam wa'la'natu Allahi 'ala qatileeh wa mubghidheeh wa shi'atu mubghidheeh) is permissible to eat. However, it is only allowed for a minimum amount and for istishfaa.
محور المقاومة

lotfilms

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 02:42:39 AM »
Man i just thought of something subhanAllah.

It's pretty crazy that i can read a book composed of the letters and writings of Ben Franklin hundreds of years after his death and i can be almost 100% sure of the authenticity of this book, yet we have so much doubt about HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of hadiths attributed to the Prophet(pbuh) (even letters written by him[pbuh]!) because of the sheer amount of LIARS among so-called "Muslims" (let alone the zanadiqah).

i mean how messed up is that NON-MUSLIM Americans who theoretically would have no problem fabricating letters of Ben Franklin, Washington, Jefferson, etc. never did this on any significant scale, whereas so many "MUSLIMS", knowing that they could burn in hell for fabricating hadiths of our Prophet(pbuh), fabricated hadiths night and day.  How evil were some of those people, and how many people did they lead astray!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:45:24 AM by lotfilms »

Hani

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:04 AM »

i mean how messed up is that NON-MUSLIM Americans who theoretically would have no problem fabricating letters of Ben Franklin, Washington, Jefferson, etc. never did this on any significant scale, whereas so many "MUSLIMS", knowing that they could burn in hell for fabricating hadiths of our Prophet(pbuh), fabricated hadiths night and day.  How evil were some of those people, and how many people did they lead astray!

These are my thoughts about every single non-Muslim history book. I feel sorry for them, they've carelessly lost their true history.

Farid

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 04:01:38 AM »
You cannot make haram into halal or vice versa by fabricating material and attributing it to Ben Franklin... so less power to the fabricators.

lotfilms

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 05:00:29 AM »
You cannot make haram into halal or vice versa by fabricating material and attributing it to Ben Franklin... so less power to the fabricators.
This is true, the religious aspect makes fabricating hadiths much more likely, but there were still many benefits to be gained from fabricating quotes and writings of the Founding Fathers, especially if you wanted the Supreme Court to rule a certain way on a certain issue (and their ruling will become the law of the land) and you fabricate "hadiths" of the Founding Fathers as supporting evidence.  And yet this apparently simply didn't happen on a wide scale wallahu a'lam

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »
Hani's book
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Hani

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 07:35:31 PM »
The Divine Reality: God, Islam and the Mirage of Atheism by Hamzah Tzortzis. It discusses Theistic arguments against Atheistic beliefs and how Atheism fails to provide good explanations to life.

Hani

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2017, 07:13:33 AM »
I finished "secret of Caliphate" by Mirza Ghulam Ahmed of the Qadiyanis.

It's a small book, Sunni in it's contents, consisting of a tiny number of arguments, the arguments are good but popular and known, nothing new, the English translation is eloquent and beautiful.

No need to recommend this book to anybody.

Hani

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2017, 07:20:51 AM »
The biography of Ali bin Abi Talib from Tareekh Dimashq, this was released in two volumes. It is useful as the researcher took great care to study the best manuscripts and provided expert Takhreej for every report. This is known as one of the biggest biographies for Ali if not the biggest.

Another book I'm checking is volume 8 of Mir'at ul Zaman by Sibt Ibn Al Jawzi. Contains tons of historical texts on Husayn's revolution, Ibn Al Zubayr's resistance and the events that followed.