TwelverShia.net Forum

Question on Ibn Taymiyyah

Arabismo

Question on Ibn Taymiyyah
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »
From what i read Ibn Taymiyyah was an Arab from the Tribe of Banu Numayr however in Anti-Majos latest video at around 13:14 it states Ibn Taymiyyah was a Kurd

So my question is: Was Ibn Taymiyyah an arab or a kurd.
An ant from the valley of the ants possesses more intellect than a Rafidhi - Fakhr Al-Din Razi

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
  • May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: Question on Ibn Taymiyyah
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:36:35 PM »
Hope you read Arabic, however, Shaikhul Islam's has a special place in our hearts, and him being an Arab or a Kurd won't change it, but he is an Arab and is from Bani-Nuwair, an Arab tribe.

This is the proof in Arabic and I don't have time to translate this and I hope any of the brothers reading this can translate it:

يقول العلامة بكر أبو زيد القضاعي ـ رحمه الله ـ مقرّرا نسبه إلى بني نُمير ... ما نصّه : ( المداخل إلى آثار شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية وما لحقها من أعمال ) ص 16:

( نسبته النُميري من إفادات تلميذ تلامذته ابن ناصر الدين ( 842 ) ، وتابعه عليها العدوي في الزيارات ، بل هذه النسبة منصوص عليها في بعض رسائل الشيخ المخطوطة على طرر النسخ ، وقد ذكر الشيخ ابن قاسم في مقدمة النقض ، رسالتين رآهما في الظاهريّة كذلك ص 35 حاشية 1 ، وهي نسبة إلى بني نُمير ، وهم بطن من عامر بن صعصعة بن معاوية بن بكر بن هوازن العدنانية ، وذكر القلقشندي في نهاية الأرب ص 433 نقلاً عن ابن خلدون : أن منازل بني نُمير في الجزيرة الفراتية والشام ، فشيخ الإسلام إذاً (عربي صريح نسباً ولساناً ).

Also:

:هو
أحمد بن عبد الحليم بن عبد السلام بن عبد الله، تقي الدين أبو العباس النميري العامري من بني عامر بن صعصعة، ولقبه «شيخ الإسلام» ولد يوم الإثنين 10 ربيع الأول 661هـ أحد علماء الحنابلة.
May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth. Ameen.

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

scusemyenglish

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
Salam.

One day I have heard one shia scholar saying "Ibn Taymiya has not written " Radhia Allâhou ‘anhou" when he has quoted Ali"

You have heard this history?
Abou Hourayra narrated that the messenger saws said:

"“There will come to the people years
of treachery (...) the Ruwaibidhah will decide matters.”
It was said

'Who are the Ruwaibidhah?'

The Prophet replied:

“Vile and
ignorant men who will speak in the affairs of the people.”

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »
Salam.

One day I have heard one shia scholar saying "Ibn Taymiya has not written " Radhia Allâhou ‘anhou" when he has quoted Ali"

Where?

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »
Salam.

Also, this isn't true, when Shaykh-ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) mentioned Ali's name, most of the time he used to say 'Ameer-ul Mumineen (Caliph of the Believers) Ali may Allah be pleased with him.' Need proof? There you go, read his book 'Rights of Aal-al Bait between Sunnah and Innovation' yourself:

https://islamhouse.com/en/books/1988/

And see if he said may Allah be pleased with Ali or not.

P.S: He did ;) (See Page 17, 19, 20, and more)

Also, do all the Shi'a say may Allah be pleased with Ali (Radhia Allâhou ‘anhou) every single time they write down his name or mention him? When they say the 'Shirki' "call" (Ya Ali/يا علي), do they say 'Radhia Allâhou ‘anhou' after it? No.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:19:06 PM by Abu Jasim Al-Salafi »

scusemyenglish

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »
Salam.

Also, this isn't true, when Shaykh-ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) mentioned Ali's name, most of the time he used to say 'Ameer-ul Mumineen (Caliph of the Believers) Ali may Allah be pleased with him.' Need proof? There you go, read his book 'Rights of Aal-al Bait between Sunnah and Innovation' yourself:

https://islamhouse.com/en/books/1988/

And see if he said may Allah be pleased with Ali or not.

P.S: He did ;) (See Page 17, 19, 20, and more)

Also, do all the Shi'a say may Allah be pleased with Ali (Radhia Allâhou ‘anhou) every single time they write down his name or mention him? When they say the 'Shirki' "call" (Ya Ali/يا علي), do they say 'Radhia Allâhou ‘anhou' after it? No.

Saha.

I have read that by him

but i have forgotten where precisly...
Abou Hourayra narrated that the messenger saws said:

"“There will come to the people years
of treachery (...) the Ruwaibidhah will decide matters.”
It was said

'Who are the Ruwaibidhah?'

The Prophet replied:

“Vile and
ignorant men who will speak in the affairs of the people.”

demmzy15

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 01:15:01 AM »
Salam Alaikum,

I also noticed that the Sheikh(rah) was harsh when condemning the Druze and Nusayris. Please why?

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 01:28:34 AM »
Salam Alaikum,

I also noticed that the Sheikh(rah) was harsh when condemning the Druze and Nusayris. Please why?

The Nusayris and the Druze helped the Tatar attack the countries of Muslims and kill innocent human beings, Muslims and non-Muslims. The Nusayris and the Druze are batinis as Shaykh-ul Islam (رحمه الله) said, which means that it is a sect that is said to be Islamic but in fact isn't, it is a sect that aims to defeat Islam and destroy it.

demmzy15

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 01:04:36 PM »
Salam Alaikum,

The Nusayris and the Druze helped the Tatar attack the countries of Muslims and kill innocent human beings, Muslims and non-Muslims. The Nusayris and the Druze are batinis as Shaykh-ul Islam (رحمه الله) said, which means that it is a sect that is said to be Islamic but in fact isn't, it is a sect that aims to defeat Islam and destroy it.
Jazaka Allaah kayran Ya Akhi, please could you help me with proofs and evidences for this?

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 05:38:11 PM »
Salam Alaikum,

Jazaka Allaah kayran Ya Akhi, please could you help me with proofs and evidences for this?

ARABIC: http://www.dorar.net/enc/firq/3318

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
Salam Alaikum,

Ruling on the Nusayri/Alawi Sect: https://shaykhulislaam.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/ruling-on-the-nusayrialawi-sect/