TwelverShia.net Forum

Rockets fired at Iraq base housing US troops

Adil

Rockets fired at Iraq base housing US troops
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:13:26 AM »
Iran has fired more than a dozen rockets at Iraq's Ain al-Assad military base, which houses US troops, Iranian sources told Al Jazeera.

"We have had not had any reports of casualties or damage," Al Jazeera's Osama bin Javaid said, reporting from Baghdad.

The rocket attack comes less than a week after the US killing of Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani in Iraq.

Iran had vowed severe retaliation.

More soon ...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/rockets-fired-iraq-base-housing-troops-reports-200107232445101.html

iceman

Re: Rockets fired at Iraq base housing US troops
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/rockets-fired-iraq-base-housing-troops-reports-200107232445101.html

Well what do you and the world expect. They have every right has a country and a sovereign state to protect and defend themselves, their country, economy, people and interests and affairs home and abroad, just exactly like any other country and nation.

Adil

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »
Well what do you and the world expect. They have every right has a country and a sovereign state to protect and defend themselves, their country, economy, people and interests and affairs home and abroad, just exactly like any other country and nation.

Relax you fan boy. All I did was post a news story.

Adil

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »
So it seems noone was killed and some missles even landed several kilometres away from their target. This is a great trade for the US if it chooses not to respond - Iran's top general killed and in return some damage to their base with 0 americans dead. The ayotollah fanboys will milk this like a prized cow but in reality Iran has really got the short end here.

Mythbuster1

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 03:17:40 PM »
So it seems noone was killed and some missles even landed several kilometres away from their target. This is a great trade for the US if it chooses not to respond - Iran's top general killed and in return some damage to their base with 0 americans dead. The ayotollah fanboys will milk this like a prized cow but in reality Iran has really got the short end here.

IRAN

“It was a slap in the face for Americans”

😂😂😂😂😂

HONESTLY what a nation! 😂

iceman

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 04:13:27 PM »
Relax you fan boy. All I did was post a news story.

Relax Shia hate monger and an individual who can't see and say anything positive and useful about the Shias. Was only putting my opinion forward. So calm down with the Anti Shia and hate fever.

iceman

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »
IRAN

“It was a slap in the face for Americans”

😂😂😂😂😂

HONESTLY what a nation! 😂

Nothing is surprising or alarming from hate mongers of a particular nation (Iran) community (Shia) and faith (Shiaism). What, over thirty rockets were fired and there was no casualties? 😀 Well down played by the west.

Mythbuster1

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 04:28:37 PM »
Nothing is surprising or alarming from hate mongers of a particular nation (Iran) community (Shia) and faith (Shiaism). What, over thirty rockets were fired and there was no casualties? 😀 Well down played by the west.

Nothing is surprising or alarming from the liars who love a particular nation (Iran) community (shia) faith (shiism).
It wasn’t 30 rockets (lying again) oh the exaggeration LOL😜
Anyway rockets fired and Trump made a tweet and went to sleep😂

Iran can’t sleep it doesn’t know what to do😂

Mythbuster1

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »
😂😂

Iran will have known that the troops are normally asleep in the early hours of the morning. Choosing to attack then likely minimized the number of personnel roaming around the base who could be killed or injured.

It will also have known the US has a strong air defense system that would have been on high alert. Tehran should have a grasp of how well its missiles would fare against such technology.

The missile attacks don't make sense if Tehran's goal was to really hurt US troops in large numbers -- as some had been pledging to do.

😂😂

Iran sure does love a good slap.......on its self.....and it’s not even Muharram yet!😜

iceman

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 06:15:45 PM »
😂😂

Iran will have known that the troops are normally asleep in the early hours of the morning. Choosing to attack then likely minimized the number of personnel roaming around the base who could be killed or injured.

It will also have known the US has a strong air defense system that would have been on high alert. Tehran should have a grasp of how well its missiles would fare against such technology.

The missile attacks don't make sense if Tehran's goal was to really hurt US troops in large numbers -- as some had been pledging to do.

😂😂

Iran sure does love a good slap.......on its self.....and it’s not even Muharram yet!😜

"Iran will have known that the troops are normally asleep in the early hours of the morning. Choosing to attack then likely minimized the number of personnel roaming around the base who could be killed or injured"

You know what, Absolutely. I agree with you 100%. The same principle and policy was used during the Iran-Iraq war. Do take time out from hate towards Shias to look at facts. 😊

The Iranians have always played by the rules. And they have principles. The Iranians could have attacked during the day. But they didn't. Why? Doesn't this tell you something. Or what does this tell you. And how does this make a top Iranian general like Qasim Sulaimani a rapist and murderer. And how does this make Iran a murderous and ruthless regime😊

In the mid nineties the Taliban government in Afghanistan massacred many Shias especially in Mazhar Sharif along with 8 Iranian diplomats and send them in coffins to Iran. But did Iran retaliate. Or the killings of Iranian pilgrims in Mecca in the late 80's by the Saudi armed police. Did Iran retaliate. I can give you many examples. So how does this make Qasim Sulaimani a top Iranian general a rapist and murderer. 😊

Mythbuster1

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 06:53:08 PM »
"Iran will have known that the troops are normally asleep in the early hours of the morning. Choosing to attack then likely minimized the number of personnel roaming around the base who could be killed or injured"

You know what, Absolutely. I agree with you 100%. The same principle and policy was used during the Iran-Iraq war. Do take time out from hate towards Shias to look at facts. 😊

The Iranians have always played by the rules. And they have principles. The Iranians could have attacked during the day. But they didn't. Why? Doesn't this tell you something. Or what does this tell you. And how does this make a top Iranian general like Qasim Sulaimani a rapist and murderer. And how does this make Iran a murderous and ruthless regime😊

In the mid nineties the Taliban government in Afghanistan massacred many Shias especially in Mazhar Sharif along with 8 Iranian diplomats and send them in coffins to Iran. But did Iran retaliate. Or the killings of Iranian pilgrims in Mecca in the late 80's by the Saudi armed police. Did Iran retaliate. I can give you many examples. So how does this make Qasim Sulaimani a top Iranian general a rapist and murderer. 😊

A murder and rapist??? Are your emotions taking over?😂
I never mentioned such a thing did I?

You don’t get it or your just defending Iran as if it’s a god chosen nation😂😂 a bit like imarmite😂😂

They Iran are SCARED and only appeal to dumb shiites who dream as if Iran is a power to be reckoned with😂😂

They sure did play by the rules when sending that dead man Qassem and his faggott quds brigade militias to massacre Sunni civilians in Iraq and Syria yea they killed them with dignity and according to the rule book.😂

Iran

We will slap the Americans in the their face

Trump

All is well

😂😂😂😂

That slap was missiles landing in fields😂😂😂😂😂

Oh my😜

Mythbuster1

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 06:57:21 PM »

Is lying in your blood?? Or is it a Shiite ting??

When did I post Qassem as a rapist??

I know you are probably in mourning for the next 10 days or so but don’t let your emotions take over your rationality especially if you start accusing others of things they never said.🤔

muslim720

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah,

After the killing of Soleimani, I was ready to bet anyone that Iran will not retaliate so when I read the news (that they have attacked US bases in Iraq and taken responsibility) I was a bit shocked.  I was extremely nervous thinking it will be March 2003 all over again, when Bush jr. came on the TV and announced the beginning of a catastrophe.  However, as the assessment of the sites were made known, I realized what had happened.

Iran, to save face, "attacked" US military bases but chose to inflict almost no casualties on the Americans so that there is no retaliation from the US.

All in all, I am grateful that this has not escalated to another catastrophe consuming more innocent lives.
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

muslim720

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 07:13:39 PM »
In the mid nineties the Taliban government in Afghanistan massacred many Shias especially in Mazhar Sharif along with 8 Iranian diplomats and send them in coffins to Iran. But did Iran retaliate.

I was very young when this happened.  Good job on painting a one-sided image of the situation.  The Iranians brought their entire army to the border and there was a long standoff period.  When a reporter asked one of the Taliban if they were scared by the massive troop buildup on the other side of the border, he casually replied, "they won't do anything....the Iranians know history and our people".

The Taliban were not even concerned, lol.  So yes, Iran did not retaliate but not because of moral reasons but because they would have lost their entire army and all their militia groups in Afghanistan.
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

iceman

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »
A murder and rapist??? Are your emotions taking over?😂
I never mentioned such a thing did I?

You don’t get it or your just defending Iran as if it’s a god chosen nation😂😂 a bit like imarmite😂😂

They Iran are SCARED and only appeal to dumb shiites who dream as if Iran is a power to be reckoned with😂😂

They sure did play by the rules when sending that dead man Qassem and his faggott quds brigade militias to massacre Sunni civilians in Iraq and Syria yea they killed them with dignity and according to the rule book.😂

Iran

We will slap the Americans in the their face

Trump

All is well

😂😂😂😂

That slap was missiles landing in fields😂😂😂😂😂

Oh my😜

"A murder and rapist??? Are your emotions taking over?😂
I never mentioned such a thing did I?"

Don't get emotional and take things personal. When did I say you said it.

This is what Adil said on another thread.

"May he burn in hell for all the sunni lives he has helped take, for all our women and men who were raped, for every sunni family destroyed"

"You don’t get it or your just defending Iran as if it’s a god chosen nation😂😂 a bit like imarmite😂😂"

Do you get it. Why are you always talking against Iran. 😊 You're always speaking I'll and bad about Iran and because of this you think I'm favouring them. 😊

"They Iran are SCARED and only appeal to dumb shiites who dream as if Iran is a power to be reckoned with😂😂"

If Iran is scared and that weak then why hasn't America taken the Iranian regime out or why don't they take it out like the Taliban regime in Afghanistan in 2001 and the Saddam regime in 2003? 😆 Try answering this.

"They sure did play by the rules when sending that dead man Qassem and his faggott quds brigade militias to massacre Sunni civilians in Iraq and Syria yea they killed them with dignity and according to the rule book.😂"

You say a lot of things but have never backed anything up. Tell me where you get your information from and lets see how accurate and exact it is.

"Qassem and his faggott quds brigade militias to massacre Sunni civilians in Iraq and Syria yea they killed them"

PROVIDE EVIDENCE. Don't talk wind and air 😆 Do you think Iran is that weak and America is that strong 😊 Iran has retaliated. Lets see the American massive response. Lets see American warships sailing towards Iran for war. 😊 Sorry to severely disappoint and shatter your dreams. I don't see it happening.😆

iceman

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 01:52:30 AM »
I was very young when this happened.  Good job on painting a one-sided image of the situation.  The Iranians brought their entire army to the border and there was a long standoff period.  When a reporter asked one of the Taliban if they were scared by the massive troop buildup on the other side of the border, he casually replied, "they won't do anything....the Iranians know history and our people".

The Taliban were not even concerned, lol.  So yes, Iran did not retaliate but not because of moral reasons but because they would have lost their entire army and all their militia groups in Afghanistan.

"The Taliban were not even concerned, lol.  So yes, Iran did not retaliate but not because of moral reasons but because they would have lost their entire army and all their militia groups in Afghanistan"

Who was more stronger, the Taliban in Afghanistan or Saddam in Iraq. On 22nd September 1980 Saddam invaded Iran predicting it would take over Iran in just two weeks. Did it happen. Why would Iran go to war with Afghanistan. What was the need for it. Wait for the right opportunity. Eventually Taliban were gotten rid of in 2001. Even if Iran decided to fight the Taliban which it eventually did it defeated it just as it defeated ISIS.

"they would have lost their entire army and all their militia groups in Afghanistan"

Really. What happened to the Taliban in 2001. Where did they all of a sudden disappear to. Their history is nothing apart from different factions getting together and fighting the Russians with the help of the Americans through Pakistan. On the other hand Iran had eight years of war experience fighting Iraq without the help of the international community. Infact the international community was helping and aiding Saddam fully. 😊
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:54:31 AM by iceman »

iceman

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 02:02:35 AM »
Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah,

After the killing of Soleimani, I was ready to bet anyone that Iran will not retaliate so when I read the news (that they have attacked US bases in Iraq and taken responsibility) I was a bit shocked.  I was extremely nervous thinking it will be March 2003 all over again, when Bush jr. came on the TV and announced the beginning of a catastrophe.  However, as the assessment of the sites were made known, I realized what had happened.

Iran, to save face, "attacked" US military bases but chose to inflict almost no casualties on the Americans so that there is no retaliation from the US.

All in all, I am grateful that this has not escalated to another catastrophe consuming more innocent lives.

Either there was no casualties or the Americans didn't declare the casualties. America had plenty of reasons to go to war with Iran in the past if it wanted to. But they chose not to. You don't attack with well over a dozen or so missiles aiming with no casualties in mind. First time I've heard of that strategy. Hizbullah is nothing compared to Iran and its military might and size. Israel is well equipped but couldn't control Hizbullah in the 2006 war with lebanon. And you talk about Iran.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 02:12:03 AM by iceman »

Rationalist

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 06:42:23 AM »
A lot of media groups are saying these were warning shots from Iran. They did not intend any harm. It looks like Iran still doesn't want this war.

iceman

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »
A lot of media groups are saying these were warning shots from Iran. They did not intend any harm. It looks like Iran still doesn't want this war.

Iran didn't and doesn't want any kind of war. And America doesn't need a proper reason or excuse to go to war with Iran. Trump doesn't want a war with Iran. He's just proven it. This action of Trump was just an electoral stunt and to move media attention away from impeachment.