TwelverShia.net Forum

sami yusuf

Siamak

sami yusuf
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:56:14 PM »
Assalaamu 'alaikum WR WB
sorry for this question it's strange but I'm curious about his religion because i really like his music about islam i actually really enjoy his song titled the al moalim he was born in Tehran, Iran, and brought up all his life in the UK. i think he is sunni but some iranians and media in iran say he is shia and he is using taqiyya(i think they are shia cause of it they say that sami is shi'a) i know his father is shia and liing in iran but but I want to know the truth about him
plz give me authentic information about him? video or site or interview

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: sami yusuf
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:17:31 AM »
Walaikum Salam wr wb,

lol "taqqiya" - Shia seem to be very proud of this concept of thiers.

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

sameer

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 07:57:12 AM »
waalikum slaam warah ma tulla wb
i dont know who is sami but this is really strange for me you r curios to know about his religion, in islam music is haram in any form whether it is sung by shia or sunni nd especially it becomes more dangerous for your eman whn you take name of ALLAH or Prophet Muhammad SAWW with music.. it is just like drinking a glass of wine with bismillah..

Hani

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
He appears (through his words/actions) as a Azeri Sufi Sunni. It's possible while living among Sunnies in UK he left Imami Tashayyu` (assuming he was ever Shia). His name was Siamak, later turned to Sam, then finally Sami.

The rest are rumors, as for his father being Shiite that doesn't mean anything, most Iranians living in Iran are Shiites.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Siamak

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »
i dont know who is sami but this is really strange for me you r curios to know about his religion, in islam music is haram in any form whether it is sung by shia or sunni nd especially it becomes more dangerous for your eman whn you take name of ALLAH or Prophet Muhammad SAWW with music.. it is just like drinking a glass of wine with bismillah..

there are some reliable sources and  narration which are contrary to your opinion

‘Aishah narrated that during the days of Mina, on the day of ‘Eid al-Adha, twogirls were with her, singing and playing on a hand drum. The Prophet (peacebe on him) was present, listening to them with his head under a shawl. Abu Bakr then entered and scolded the girls. The Prophet (peace be on him), uncovering his face, told him, “Let them be, Abu Bakr. These are the days of ‘Eid.” (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

Ibn ‘Abbas said, ” ‘Aishah gave a girl relative of hers in marriage to a man of theAnsar. The Prophet (peace be on him) came and asked, ‘Did you send a singer along with her?’ ‘No,’ said ‘Aishah. The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) then said, The Ansar are a people who love poetry. You should have sent along someone who would sing, ‘Here we come, to you we come, greet us as we greet you.’ ” (Reported by Ibn Majah.)

Hani

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 01:19:04 PM »
Any more discussion on the permissibility of music on this Shia forum will be deleted.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Siamak

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
He appears (through his words/actions) as a Azeri Sufi Sunni. It's possible while living among Sunnies in UK he left Imami Tashayyu` (assuming he was ever Shia). His name was Siamak, later turned to Sam, then finally Sami.

The rest are rumors, as for his father being Shiite that doesn't mean anything, most Iranians living in Iran are Shiites.

his father is shia but sami is sunni(what i have seen and known from him) over the last fourteen hundred years, the Shias NEVER made a majority in any single country and iranians were sunni muslim until Shah Ismail I came to power in Persia and forcibly converted the population to Shi'ism. so all Poets and scientists in Iran were sunni muslim before safawi It is difficult to understand for iranian people because they are shia and shia never had a A great personality in history so they would imagine each famous person is shia and Iranian cleric claims, Jewish Scientist “Albert Einstein was a Shiite!!! i have already heard from a shia that Isaac Newton was a shia and belief to imam ali  Before death.i don't value to their mind till i hear stories like this.they trying to create false history, that's what Jews do, it makes they look weak and desperate.The irony is, the real historic facts wont support their claim.
There have been some rumors spread recently that sami yusuf is shia or he became shia and some things from iranian media!!!!

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 04:03:02 PM »
This is off-topic but why do you have Shirazi's pic on your avatar? :D
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

sameer

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 05:11:16 PM »

there are some reliable sources and  narration which are contrary to your opinion

‘Aishah narrated that during the days of Mina, on the day of ‘Eid al-Adha, twogirls were with her, singing and playing on a hand drum. The Prophet (peacebe on him) was present, listening to them with his head under a shawl. Abu Bakr then entered and scolded the girls. The Prophet (peace be on him), uncovering his face, told him, “Let them be, Abu Bakr. These are the days of ‘Eid.” (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

Ibn ‘Abbas said, ” ‘Aishah gave a girl relative of hers in marriage to a man of theAnsar. The Prophet (peace be on him) came and asked, ‘Did you send a singer along with her?’ ‘No,’ said ‘Aishah. The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) then said, The Ansar are a people who love poetry. You should have sent along someone who would sing, ‘Here we come, to you we come, greet us as we greet you.’ ” (Reported by Ibn Majah.)

i m already aware of all those narrations which are normally quoted by music lovers.. as mod does not allow me to post more on this topic so i quit..the narrations you mentioned have nothing to do with music.. may ALLAH guide us..

Siamak

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »
This is off-topic but why do you have Shirazi's pic on your avatar? :D

hes funny but i think he is respectable than other shias who practicing taqiyya you can find real shia aqidah from him and his followers