TwelverShia.net Forum

Tawassul at grave of Ali Ridha

zaid_ibn_ali

Tawassul at grave of Ali Ridha
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »
Ibn Hibban:

In his Rijal book Al-Thuqat (8:456:14411), under the entry of Ali bin Musa al-Ridha, Ibn Hibban relates his own account of going to Al-Ridha's grave, performing tawassul through him and states that whenever "I was afflicted with a problem during my stay in Tus, I would visit the grave of Ali bin Musa (Allah's blessings be upon his grandfather and him) and ask Allah to relieve me of that problem and it (my dua) would be answered and the problem alleviated. And this is something I did, and found to work, many times ..."

Ibn Khuzaymah:

Ibn Hajar (Tahdhib 7:339) narrates the account of the Imam of Ahlul-Hadith Ibn Khuzaymah, under the entry of the same Ali bin Musa Al-Ridha. He relates that Ibn Khuzaymah also performed tawassul at the grave of Al-Ridha.

Any comments on the above?

Farid

Re: Tawassul at grave of Ali Ridha
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:00:36 PM »
There was no tawassul made in either case. Ibn Hibban seeking Allah's help at a blessed place is not the same as seeking help from a dead man to be an intermediary.

Ask whoever said this to quote Ibn Hajar instead of lying upon Sunni scholars. It only speaks of Ibn Khuzaima honouring, glorifying, and exceeding in worship. No tawassul can be found here.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 04:58:44 PM »
Maybe I used the wrong word in tawassul. Bit still going to a grave of a pious person & asking Allah for help specifically from this place regarding it to be a blessed place to supplicate to Allah from, is this authentic?

Farid

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
I am not aware of anything wrong with doing that.

Aba AbdAllah

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »
What I'm aware of is visiting graves is not prohibited but rather TRAVELING(Making a journey) to visit graves is prohibited.

Abdullah Efendi

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 03:02:47 PM »
From my humble understanding.

When person is visiting graveyard his heart becomes soft. He thinks about akheerah. His sins and etc.
When he visits the grave of pious man, he thinks about difference between him and this person. He reflect upon his errors and mistakes.

All these force people to make dua with more intense, with more faith let us say.

That is why prayer can be accepted quicker at such places.

Wa Allahu Alam