TwelverShia.net Forum

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Sheikh

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:19:20 AM »
Due to the multiple requests of Shiite user "Ameen" to have a thread to criticize The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in, while refusing to open one himself, I have decided to open it myself.  List every bad thing you can think of.  Then we will try to dissect each issue and see if it is right or wrong.

I'll start:
- Having a huge wealth gap between ultra rich and ultra poor
- Twiddling their thumbs during the Grand Mosque Seizure
- Forcing the niqab when it is not unanimously agreed upon to be wajib

Okay Ameen, your turn.  I'm sure you will have more than me.  I sat here for like 10 minutes trying to come up with some.  Unfortunately, I can actually come up with justifications for the 2nd and 3rd items I listed so that's why it took so long.  I wasn't sure if I should include them.

Who wants to discuss?

Mussana

Re: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »
Monarchy

Muhammad Tazin

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 08:04:07 AM »
There are a lot of good Ulama in Saudi Arab, but the rulers/Monarchy do not represent Ahlus Sunnah.
They broke Khilafa,keeping wealth of Muslim Ummah in their own fist through Nationalism.
_- But destroying Houtis by them can be supported because a good work is being done,whoever doing that!

Farid

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »
Face veil (niqab) is not mandatory there. I was there two weeks ago with my niqab-free wife.

Husayn

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 08:40:05 AM »
Instituting Shari'ah without the commensurate pursuit of social justice, thereby creating resentment against said Shari'ah.
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Suleiman

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »
In other words implementing bits n pieces of sharia.

Hadrami

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 12:16:15 PM »
In other words implementing bits n pieces of sharia.

- letting the prince & princes getting away with many things (obvious example, Prince Fox News who show to the world how law don't apply to him)
- extreme tribalism, but then again Yemen is worse than Saudi
- unfair treatment of non westerner foreigners (who was born there or came there to work)

Furkan

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »
-Allied with the west in many cases.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Hani

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »
A bunch of corrupt rich rulers who waste the wealth and money of the nation on useless things.

Also, It's really backwards and stupid that women can't drive there.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hani

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »
I also hate what they did with Makkah, hotels and clocktower etc... they should have built a city next to Makkah and filled it with hotels and made buses and metros to transport the people into Makkah later. The cave-people in charge of design and planning those cities are complete morons.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Furkan

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 04:04:46 PM »
Yes I totally agree with Hani. When I see pictures of the Kaaba on facebook for example, they always  include the whole clock tower. I mean common, you are in front of the Kaaba, but you also focus on that tower?!

They also removed some hills around makkah, or made tunnels inside it. I also heard they removed houses of the prophet, sahaba ...

Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »
That clock tower is an ugly building - it should be demolished.

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Ameen

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »
Due to the multiple requests of Shiite user "Ameen" to have a thread to criticize The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in, while refusing to open one himself, I have decided to open it myself.  List every bad thing you can think of.  Then we will try to dissect each issue and see if it is right or wrong.

I'll start:
- Having a huge wealth gap between ultra rich and ultra poor
- Twiddling their thumbs during the Grand Mosque Seizure
- Forcing the niqab when it is not unanimously agreed upon to be wajib

Okay Ameen, your turn.  I'm sure you will have more than me.  I sat here for like 10 minutes trying to come up with some.  Unfortunately, I can actually come up with justifications for the 2nd and 3rd items I listed so that's why it took so long.  I wasn't sure if I should include them.

Who wants to discuss?

I didn't request anything. And you are not doing anything for me. If you are going to be just and fair, if you are going to balance the argument and decide to have a just and fair discussion, if your are going to be honest and criticise and condemn everyone fairly and equally, also compliment everyone fairly and equally, look at everything with both eyes and with a clear mind then, you are doing yourself a favour.

You want to criticise and condemn Iran then by all means do it justly and fairly. But also compliment and praise Iran for its contributions and commitments or where it needs to be complimented and praised. There are also other Muslim countries and their rulers who need to be criticised and condemned for various reasons. Don't turn a blind eye towards them. And by all means compliment and praise them where they need to be. Have I said something wrong here????

Furkan

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »
In a different topic i said this to ameen:

Dude just admit it. If I would say something postive towards shiism or Iran (lol), you would still quote me and object to it somehow. That's because the only reason you are replying, is bcuz you just want to reply on anything that comes in front of you.

Now check what he just said on this topic:

I didn't request anything. And you are not doing anything for me. If you are going to be just and fair, if you are going to balance the argument and decide to have a just and fair discussion, if your are going to be honest and criticise and condemn everyone fairly and equally, also compliment everyone fairly and equally, look at everything with both eyes and with a clear mind then, you are doing yourself a favour.

You want to criticise and condemn Iran then by all means do it justly and fairly. But also compliment and praise Iran for its contributions and commitments or where it needs to be complimented and praised. There are also other Muslim countries and their rulers who need to be criticised and condemned for various reasons. Don't turn a blind eye towards them. And by all means compliment and praise them where they need to be. Have I said something wrong here????

“last words?”

Ameen

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »
My dear brother Furkan, please come out of the age of confrontational stance and start to discuss and debate. You are a grown person and slang matches don't suit you.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 06:39:10 PM »
Grow up, like Ameen.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Hani

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 06:59:38 PM »
Iranian regime is lower than the maggots on donkey feces.

I'm only saying this for equality as Ameen always instructs us to be equal and fair.

Furkan

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 07:55:45 PM »
The reason why posted those 2 comments is because you wanted us to criticize ksa. So we started doing it YET you are still objecting to it ( actually to anything you see)

A good point of iran is:

-They are very good at politics. I mean Iran succeeded 30 years back to portray itself as an Islamic country who resists the West. Now it's 2015 and Iran got exposed.

“last words?”

Ameen

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »
Grow up, like Ameen.

Like yourself would be more appropriate, since we think very highly of you.

Ameen

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 12:19:37 AM »
Iranian regime is lower than the maggots on donkey feces.

I'm only saying this for equality as Ameen always instructs us to be equal and fair.

And the vast majority of the Muslims agree that Al e Saood are far worse. What do you think???