TwelverShia.net Forum

Iranians chant: "Death to Dictator, Death to Khamenei"

muslim720

Re: Iranians chant: "Death to Dictator, Death to Khamenei"
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 10:09:41 AM »
😀 And what I've got to say to you is, why can't you go on a minute without having a poke at Iran on every available opportunity and excuse.

Really?  I prayed for the well-being of Iran and you interpreted that as "having a poke at Iran".  Clearly you have a skewed perception.

For heavens sake get a life. There are other countries apart from Iran and there are other regimes apart from the Iranians.

I did not even disrespect the Iranian government by referring to it as the Iranian "regime".

This is where you've got yourself all mixed up. The Iranians didn't cheer on any Muslim country and its problems.

Really?  Here are few excerpts from one of the many sources:

"Even as the Arab Spring blossoms, the Islamic Republic of Iran seems to have dexterously repressed the democratic aspirations of its people.  The Iranian leadership has gone so far as to tout the recent developments in the Arab world as a victory for the Islamic Revolution of 1979, with Egypt and Tunisia walking in Iran's proverbial footsteps."

"Another issue that also continued to rear its head during the course of these momentous events has been the near hysteria surrounding the possibility of a Khomeini-style revolution in either Egypt or Tunisia.  In both cases the comparisons are clumsy and have been repudiated "Islamist" or arguably, following Asef Bayat, "post-Islamist" protagonists in both countries.  Tunisia's Rachid Ghannouchi, the once-exiled leader of the Renaissance Party, explicitly rejected the Khomeinist paradigm and stated he had no intention of running for the presidency.  Similarly, after Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, claimed that the protests witnessed in Cairo and elsewhere bespoke a desire for an Islamic state inspired by the Iranian model, he was firmly rebuffed by the Muslim Brotherhood, who stated that what was taking place in Egypt was not an Islamic revolution, but a revolution made by the Egyptian people."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2011/06/iran-and-the-arab-spring.html

I am appalled that you deny contemporary history and have the nerve to accuse me of having it all mixed up.

Here is one more:

" 'The enemies try to say that the popular movements in Egypt, Tunisia, and other nations are un-Islamic, but certainly these popular movements are Islamic and must be consolidated,' Khamenei told a gathering of Shi'ite and Sunni scholars at an international conference in Islam on February 20."

https://www.rferl.org/a/khamenei_backs_arab_revolt/2316073.html

In 1991 they didn't cooperate with the Americans against Sadam when they could have easily done so and put one over their arch enemy.

Forget 1991, Iran cooperated with USA in 2001 against the Taliban and then in 2003 against Saddam.  And when you were informed of the Iranian cooperation with the US, you had the audacity to state the following, "Anyways what's wrong with cooperating?"  Fine, then what is wrong with Saudi cooperating with the US?  Unfortunately, you thought we are Saudi sympathizers here; we are not.  I despise the Saudi government.

By the way, thank you for proving me right AGAIN.  Immediately after you stated that there is nothing wrong with Iran cooperating with the US, you made mention of Saudi Arabia with the following question: Does Saudi Arabia have any differences with America over Israel?

You really need to get your facts right.

I mean....you're beyond ridiculous.
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

iceman

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 04:44:15 AM »
Really?  I prayed for the well-being of Iran and you interpreted that as "having a poke at Iran".  Clearly you have a skewed perception.

I did not even disrespect the Iranian government by referring to it as the Iranian "regime".

Really?  Here are few excerpts from one of the many sources:

"Even as the Arab Spring blossoms, the Islamic Republic of Iran seems to have dexterously repressed the democratic aspirations of its people.  The Iranian leadership has gone so far as to tout the recent developments in the Arab world as a victory for the Islamic Revolution of 1979, with Egypt and Tunisia walking in Iran's proverbial footsteps."

"Another issue that also continued to rear its head during the course of these momentous events has been the near hysteria surrounding the possibility of a Khomeini-style revolution in either Egypt or Tunisia.  In both cases the comparisons are clumsy and have been repudiated "Islamist" or arguably, following Asef Bayat, "post-Islamist" protagonists in both countries.  Tunisia's Rachid Ghannouchi, the once-exiled leader of the Renaissance Party, explicitly rejected the Khomeinist paradigm and stated he had no intention of running for the presidency.  Similarly, after Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, claimed that the protests witnessed in Cairo and elsewhere bespoke a desire for an Islamic state inspired by the Iranian model, he was firmly rebuffed by the Muslim Brotherhood, who stated that what was taking place in Egypt was not an Islamic revolution, but a revolution made by the Egyptian people."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2011/06/iran-and-the-arab-spring.html

I am appalled that you deny contemporary history and have the nerve to accuse me of having it all mixed up.

Here is one more:

" 'The enemies try to say that the popular movements in Egypt, Tunisia, and other nations are un-Islamic, but certainly these popular movements are Islamic and must be consolidated,' Khamenei told a gathering of Shi'ite and Sunni scholars at an international conference in Islam on February 20."

https://www.rferl.org/a/khamenei_backs_arab_revolt/2316073.html

Forget 1991, Iran cooperated with USA in 2001 against the Taliban and then in 2003 against Saddam.  And when you were informed of the Iranian cooperation with the US, you had the audacity to state the following, "Anyways what's wrong with cooperating?"  Fine, then what is wrong with Saudi cooperating with the US?  Unfortunately, you thought we are Saudi sympathizers here; we are not.  I despise the Saudi government.

By the way, thank you for proving me right AGAIN.  Immediately after you stated that there is nothing wrong with Iran cooperating with the US, you made mention of Saudi Arabia with the following question: Does Saudi Arabia have any differences with America over Israel?

I mean....you're beyond ridiculous.

You prayed for the well being of Iran, come on, really. I've never heard a positive and decent word come out of you for Shias.

You really need to get your facts right about Iran. It's the only country that has spoken out continuously for the Palestinians and in condemnation of Israel and they (Iranians) aren't even Arabs. What has the Arab (Suni) stance been over the Palestine issue?😀

Why not a word on this site about Burma? Does Islam and the Muslims not matter to you? Have you sworn allegiance to Shia bashing?

Is there any discussion here that doesn't involve the Shias? Or is there anything positive and right about the Shias 😂

Forget about 1991, WHY?

Africanshia1

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 01:23:13 AM »
You prayed for the well being of Iran, come on, really. I've never heard a positive and decent word come out of you for Shias.

You really need to get your facts right about Iran. It's the only country that has spoken out continuously for the Palestinians and in condemnation of Israel and they (Iranians) aren't even Arabs. What has the Arab (Suni) stance been over the Palestine issue?😀

Why not a word on this site about Burma? Does Islam and the Muslims not matter to you? Have you sworn allegiance to Shia bashing?

Is there any discussion here that doesn't involve the Shias? Or is there anything positive and right about the Shias 😂

Forget about 1991, WHY?
I can proudly say that the Iranian regime is just full of lip service, they organize their followers every Friday and chant their rubbish. Iran as never confronted Israel and in fact they sought help from the Israelis during the war with Iraaq. This is an undeniable fact!

Hani

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:27 AM »
I can proudly say that the Iranian regime is just full of lip service, they organize their followers every Friday and chant their rubbish. Iran as never confronted Israel and in fact they sought help from the Israelis during the war with Iraaq. This is an undeniable fact!

Seeing a Shia be anti-Iran is quite rare, how come? Why do you think most Shia are pro-Iran?
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Mythbuster1

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 10:32:58 AM »
Oh no no no no no.........Iran is a divine nation it cannot do WRONG.....how can shia do wrong? 😜
(A Shiite frame of mind)........until....FACTS hit them HARD and FAST......

........According to Trita Parsi, President of the National Iranian-American Council, Israeli SUPPORT for Iran consisted of several elements:

Arms sales to Iran that totaled an estimated $500 million from 1981 to 1983 according to the Jafe Institute for Strategic Studies at Tel Aviv University. Most of it was paid for by Iranian oil delivered to Israel.[2]:107 "According to Ahmad Haidari, "an Iranian arms dealer working for the Khomeini regime, roughly 80% of the weaponry bought by Tehran" immediately after the onset of the war originated in Israel.[2]:106
Arms shipments from the U.S. to Iran in the Iran-Contra Affair facilitated by Israel.
Israel's June 7, 1981 attack on Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor which set back Iraq's nuclear program. In fact, Iran bombed them first, back in 1980, but they only damaged secondary buildings.

Israel is also reported to have supplied instructors and non-armaments help to Iran for the war effort.

Forget COOPERATION, the damned regime was also SUPPORTED by Israel.

Why do Shias have short memories??

muslim720

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2018, 02:26:24 AM »
You prayed for the well being of Iran, come on, really.

You being unable to read (without inserting your own meanings) is not my problem.  However, you should seek professional help for it.

I've never heard a positive and decent word come out of you for Shias.

You do not know me, that's why!  The Shias that know me, with whom I associate, would say the exact opposite.

You really need to get your facts right about Iran. It's the only country that has spoken out continuously for the Palestinians and in condemnation of Israel and they (Iranians) aren't even Arabs.

When did I deny this?

What has the Arab (Suni) stance been over the Palestine issue?😀

Unless you deny history, you can agree that the Arab stance has been more than just speaking out, given the numerous wars they have waged against Israel.

Without commenting on your intelligence and giving you too much of a background, you can agree that this site is built to refute Shia beliefs.  My interest is in refuting Shia beliefs when they are aimed at belittling our beliefs which is nothing but the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw).  And I adopted this stance when I first approached a Shia neighbor to find out his beliefs (the 4 books of hadiths, etc).  Instead he spent the entire time bashing Sahaba (ra).  Although I knew nothing about Shias or even about the first three Caliphs (ra), less than a week later, I was able to refute all of his lies to his face, thanks to a website which can be seen as the predecessor to this one.

See above (for the first part of your question).  As for the second part, I believe that no Sunni is superior to Shia or vice-versa except by his or her faith and deeds.  I can introduce you to Shias I know that I consider to be better Muslims than me.  Might be hard for you to believe that I am saying this but Alhamdulilah, I was not raised upon blind hatred engraved me by years of passion-story telling, reenactments of battles, etc.

Forget about 1991, WHY?

Seeing that you have a poor grasp on history, I pointed to 2001 and 2003 because they're contemporary history.  I was hoping you would not deny what happened in 2001 and 2003 because it must have happened in your lifetime, unless you're a child.
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)