TwelverShia.net Forum

Umar Series

Furkan

Umar Series
« on: January 13, 2015, 04:38:40 AM »
Assalamu alaykoum.

I recently started watching Umar series ( I assume you know it).
I woud like to know if the storyline is accurate? Are they relying on authentic narrations for their scenes?
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Farid

Re: Umar Series
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:21:01 AM »
Assalamu alaykoum.

I woud like to know if the storyline is accurate? Are they relying on authentic narrations for their scenes?

Authentic narrations say he was dark skinned.

Furkan

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:25:34 AM »
Oh hmm and how about the events taking place?

For example I tought that Rasullulah (saw) and Abu Bakr ra did hijra alone on their way to yathrib, but in the serie there were 2 more. I think Abu bakrs daughter and son
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »
Assalamu alaykoum.

Authentic narrations say he was dark skinned.

Brother Farid, can you post those narrations?

Hani

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
Hahaha... Actually if you check `Ali's actor he looks nothing like the description in the books.

As for the events they're fairly accurate, obviously not 100%, between 85-90% though.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hani

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »
For example I tought that Rasullulah (saw) and Abu Bakr ra did hijra alone on their way to yathrib, but in the serie there were 2 more. I think Abu bakrs daughter and son

This is correct, Abu Bakr asked his family to help them out along the way. The narrations are in Sahih books check em out.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Furkan

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
Hmm okay thanks.

Yes Ali looks like one of those drawings made by shia. (you know, green everywhere, persian style)

“last words?”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 04:32:09 PM »
If I'm not mistaken Ali was quite short/average height, had a thick beard and massive forearms.

Furkan

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »
Yes and a bit darker skin color.

“last words?”

Husayn

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »
Here is an old drawing of 'Ali I found once:

إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Hani

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 12:12:54 AM »
I don't think this picture is real, it's a fake for the following reason:

The face looks photographic, this isn't drawn it's an actual photograph.

They said this was etched into deer skin, I don't think this level of detail can be etched into deer skin.

Art at the time was not this developed, `Ali died in the 7th century A.D, this is Coptic art from that period:

Finally, the picture of `Ali which is being circulated, says at the bottom that it is an image of a drawing on Gazelle skin from Roma in Italy, meaning this isn't the original, one should seek the original to verify.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:14:32 AM by Hani »

Hani

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 12:50:21 AM »
Didn't I tell you it was fake like every other Shia belief, they made another version using the same fake technique. This one has something different written on it.

Furkan

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 01:03:01 AM »
Hahahhaha. They even don't respect copyrights.

Hani, were the 2 family members also in the cave with the prophet (saw) and Abu Bakr (ra) or outside when the quraish reached them.

“last words?”

Hani

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 01:12:43 AM »
Hahahhaha. They even don't respect copyrights.

Hani, were the 2 family members also in the cave with the prophet (saw) and Abu Bakr (ra) or outside when the quraish reached them.

Asma' would go to cook food and deliver it to them in their hiding spot. Her brother would visit them at night to tell them the news of the Kouffar in Madinah then return.

Furkan

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 01:14:32 AM »
Hmm, good to know such details.

Barak allahu feek

“last words?”

Furkan

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 04:32:19 AM »
So i finished all 30 episodes and it was good to revive some knowledge.

Is there any other serie starting on from uthman (Ra) and his leadership.

“last words?”

Furkan

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 07:26:44 PM »
Anyone?

“last words?”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »
Qatar is making a movie about Prophet صلی الله علیه و سلم (a trilogy) and another movie about Ottoman Caliph Sultan Al Fatih.

http://www.alnoor.com.qa/mohammad-movie.html
http://www.alnoor.com.qa/fateh-movie.html
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com