میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Hani

Re: Upcoming movie about Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 02:38:40 AM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Farid

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
I hate these costume dramas.

However, perhaps Shias that watch this will be affected when they see how Imam Ahmad spoke up against the false ideology of the creation of the Qur'an while the Shia Imams sat quietly in hiding.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:00:54 PM »
I hate these costume dramas.

However, perhaps Shias that watch this will be affected when they see how Imam Ahmad spoke up against the false ideology of the creation of the Qur'an while the Shia Imams sat quietly in hiding.

Maybe because the belief that the Holy Qur'an is eternal is a bid'ah? And by the way, Ahmad ibn Hanbal apparently did takfir of those who believed the Holy Qur'an was created, weird. As far as I know its not an Usool Al-Deen issue.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:01:39 PM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!

Are they going to put the part where he sticks his fingers in his ears cause he doesn't like hearing certain hadiths?
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Khaled

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 10:14:05 PM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!

Are they going to put the part where he sticks his fingers in his ears cause he doesn't like hearing certain hadiths?

I bet they'll put in the part where he goes into hiding for 1200 years because he's scared of Al-Ma'moon  ;D
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Khaled

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »
BTW, this is a 30 day series, not a film, and the guy playing Imam Ahmad is the same guy that played Khalid bin Waleed رضي الله عنه in the Omar رضي الله عنه series.  He was great there and I'm sure he'll be great here too
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 11:27:17 PM »
^ Yeah that is correct. It is a TV series and it will be aired this Ramadan.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Hani

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 01:15:09 AM »

Maybe because the belief that the Holy Qur'an is eternal is a bid'ah? And by the way, Ahmad ibn Hanbal apparently did takfir of those who believed the Holy Qur'an was created, weird. As far as I know its not an Usool Al-Deen issue.

I agree the debates about the creation of the Qur'an may not seem important. However, the entire argument was regarding God truly speaking as recorded in Qur'anic text. Those Mu`tazilah who believed it was created only say so because they don't believe God actually spoke to Musa (as).

If you really think about it, it doesn't even matter whether God actually spoke or not. Furthermore, what does the word "actually" even mean!?

In the end, the point is that these brave men of knowledge stood up for what they believed in and spoke the word of truth in the face of their opponents as well as the rulers. They never broke under torture and God granted them triumph.

If one were to read the bios of these great Imams of Sunnah he'd see major accomplishments and outstanding success regardless of all the hardship and pain.

عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Hani

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 01:20:54 AM »
Oh and as far as the twelver Imams, at least according to the twelver narrative and how they portray them. If a man walked in on Ja`far or Muhammad, they would leave the tent after being misinformed because these "great Imams" were so cautious and wary of the rulers (who couldn't care less about them) that they had to constantly lie. BUT NOT WHEN IT COMES TO WIPING THE SOCKS! No, Taqiyyah is in everything except wiping the socks (or whatever)

Heck entire Shia sects were created apparently (acc to Shia scholars) because the Imam pointed to one of his sons in order to divert attention from the real Imam which was the other son. SubhanAllah.

Hadrami

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 01:21:40 AM »

I agree the debates about the creation of the Qur'an may not seem important. However, the entire argument was regarding God truly speaking as recorded in Qur'anic text. Those Mu`tazilah who believed it was created only say so because they don't believe God actually spoke to Musa (as).

If you really think about it, it doesn't even matter whether God actually spoke or not. Furthermore, what does the word "actually" even mean!?

In the end, the point is that these brave men of knowledge stood up for what they believed in and spoke the word of truth in the face of their opponents as well as the rulers. They never broke under torture and God granted them triumph.

If one were to read the bios of these great Imams of Sunnah he'd see major accomplishments and outstanding success regardless of all the hardship and pain.

Great man stays home and do nothing, let the majority of people goes astray, because they do taqiyah says you know who

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »
Oh and as far as the twelver Imams, at least according to the twelver narrative and how they portray them. If a man walked in on Ja`far or Muhammad, they would leave the tent after being misinformed because these "great Imams" were so cautious and wary of the rulers (who couldn't care less about them) that they had to constantly lie. BUT NOT WHEN IT COMES TO WIPING THE SOCKS! No, Taqiyyah is in everything except wiping the socks (or whatever)

Heck entire Shia sects were created apparently (acc to Shia scholars) because the Imam pointed to one of his sons in order to divert attention from the real Imam which was the other son. SubhanAllah.

Well, what do you say about how Prophet Haroon (as) dealt with Bani Israel after Prophet Musa (as) left him?
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!

I bet they'll put in the part where he goes into hiding for 1200 years because he's scared of Al-Ma'moon  ;D

No, they'll put in the part where they show "brave soldiers" running away from a battle which their Prophet is fighting in.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

GreatChineseFall

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 01:47:45 PM »

Well, what do you say about how Prophet Haroon (as) dealt with Bani Israel after Prophet Musa (as) left him?

Always when the absurdity of Imams constantly lying is pointed out, one of the most used defenses is "What about Prophet Harun (a.s.)?". This, however is one of the worst analogies ever:

1. First of all, Harun (a.s.) openly told them and warned them not to do such a thing:
وَلَقَدْ قَالَ لَهُمْ هَارُونُ مِن قَبْلُ يَا قَوْمِ إِنَّمَا فُتِنتُم بِهِ ۖ وَإِنَّ رَبَّكُمُ الرَّحْمَٰنُ فَاتَّبِعُونِي وَأَطِيعُوا أَمْرِي
Sahih International
And Aaron had already told them before [the return of Moses], "O my people, you are only being tested by it, and indeed, your Lord is the Most Merciful, so follow me and obey my order."

When did any of the Imams go and preach openly and publicly that they were doing wrong and that they should follow him instead?

2. Second of all, prophet Musa (a.s.) was furious regarding prophet Harun (a.s.) doing too little about it:
قَالَ يَا هَارُونُ مَا مَنَعَكَ إِذْ رَأَيْتَهُمْ ضَلُّوا
Sahih International
[Moses] said, "O Aaron, what prevented you, when you saw them going astray,
أَلَّا تَتَّبِعَنِ ۖ أَفَعَصَيْتَ أَمْرِي
Sahih International
From following me? Then have you disobeyed my order?"
قَالَ يَا ابْنَ أُمَّ لَا تَأْخُذْ بِلِحْيَتِي وَلَا بِرَأْسِي ۖ إِنِّي خَشِيتُ أَن تَقُولَ فَرَّقْتَ بَيْنَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَلَمْ تَرْقُبْ قَوْلِي
Sahih International
[Aaron] said, "O son of my mother, do not seize [me] by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.' "

3. More importantly, it is true that one of the reasons for waiting was to not create division among the Children of Israel, but the situation is entirely different from the situation after the death of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.). The whole idea of waiting was because prophet Musa (a.s.) was still the de facto leader of the community. Musa(a.s) only left for forty days and was expected to return. That is why he said:
Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.' "

Adding to the confusion was that the other people that worshipped the calf told him (after he warning them) that they would not stop until Musa (a.s.) returns:
قَالُوا لَن نَّبْرَحَ عَلَيْهِ عَاكِفِينَ حَتَّىٰ يَرْجِعَ إِلَيْنَا مُوسَىٰ
Sahih International
They said, "We will never cease being devoted to the calf until Moses returns to us."

The Imams were never temporary replacements and waiting for the return of anyone, nor did people say that they will continue doing what they did until the Prophet (s.a.w.s) returns. How is this remotely comparable?

4. Lastly and most importantly, prophet Harun(a.s.) never lied about what he stood for. He never pretended to endorse them to save his own life. And to add this:
- As far as we know, he never pledged allegiance to them publicly and cursed them only privately.
- As far as we know, he never pretended to praise them.
- As far as we know, he never prayed behind them while they were praying to the calf and he was supposedly praying on his own to Allah.
- As far as we know, he never joined a council of them to pick the replacement of as Samiri
- As far as we know, he never named his sons after as Samiri.
- As far as we know, he never married from as Samiri.
- As far as we know, he never married to as Samiri.
- As far as we know, he never gave rulings in their favor or in line with their theology only to refute them in secrecy.

How in the world is this comparable? Is the insult to the Ahl al Bayt not enough? Do we have to drag prophet Harun (a.s.) into this as well every single time?

Hadrami

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 02:08:15 PM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!

No, they'll put in the part where they show "brave soldiers" running away from a battle which their Prophet is fighting in.
which brave soldiers? The one who not long after join Rasulullah shallallahu alaihi wasallam to many battles or the one who ran away even before facing the enemies and then hiding for 1000+yrs due to fear? You shia shouldnt mention running away issue. Its so embarrasing :D

Hani

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

They retreated when ambushed and under a barrage of fire then they regrouped and returned to aid the Messenger (saw). Do you wish to compare this with your 12th? 11th? 9th? etc...?

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 09:04:58 AM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!

They would, along with the fact that Allah revealed verses of Quran, forgivening those fallible men. Unlike for the "infallible Imam".

Mythbuster1

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!

in fact better still they should put in the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of well trained American equipped Iraqi army soldiers running scared of a few gangs of  Isis's rag tag army in Mosul

Ooooh the amount of taqiyya that must have taken place lol

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »

Always when the absurdity of Imams constantly lying is pointed out, one of the most used defenses is "What about Prophet Harun (a.s.)?". This, however is one of the worst analogies ever:

1. First of all, Harun (a.s.) openly told them and warned them not to do such a thing:
وَلَقَدْ قَالَ لَهُمْ هَارُونُ مِن قَبْلُ يَا قَوْمِ إِنَّمَا فُتِنتُم بِهِ ۖ وَإِنَّ رَبَّكُمُ الرَّحْمَٰنُ فَاتَّبِعُونِي وَأَطِيعُوا أَمْرِي
Sahih International
And Aaron had already told them before [the return of Moses], "O my people, you are only being tested by it, and indeed, your Lord is the Most Merciful, so follow me and obey my order."

When did any of the Imams go and preach openly and publicly that they were doing wrong and that they should follow him instead?

2. Second of all, prophet Musa (a.s.) was furious regarding prophet Harun (a.s.) doing too little about it:
قَالَ يَا هَارُونُ مَا مَنَعَكَ إِذْ رَأَيْتَهُمْ ضَلُّوا
Sahih International
[Moses] said, "O Aaron, what prevented you, when you saw them going astray,
أَلَّا تَتَّبِعَنِ ۖ أَفَعَصَيْتَ أَمْرِي
Sahih International
From following me? Then have you disobeyed my order?"
قَالَ يَا ابْنَ أُمَّ لَا تَأْخُذْ بِلِحْيَتِي وَلَا بِرَأْسِي ۖ إِنِّي خَشِيتُ أَن تَقُولَ فَرَّقْتَ بَيْنَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَلَمْ تَرْقُبْ قَوْلِي
Sahih International
[Aaron] said, "O son of my mother, do not seize [me] by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.' "

3. More importantly, it is true that one of the reasons for waiting was to not create division among the Children of Israel, but the situation is entirely different from the situation after the death of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.). The whole idea of waiting was because prophet Musa (a.s.) was still the de facto leader of the community. Musa(a.s) only left for forty days and was expected to return. That is why he said:
Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.' "

Adding to the confusion was that the other people that worshipped the calf told him (after he warning them) that they would not stop until Musa (a.s.) returns:
قَالُوا لَن نَّبْرَحَ عَلَيْهِ عَاكِفِينَ حَتَّىٰ يَرْجِعَ إِلَيْنَا مُوسَىٰ
Sahih International
They said, "We will never cease being devoted to the calf until Moses returns to us."

The Imams were never temporary replacements and waiting for the return of anyone, nor did people say that they will continue doing what they did until the Prophet (s.a.w.s) returns. How is this remotely comparable?

4. Lastly and most importantly, prophet Harun(a.s.) never lied about what he stood for. He never pretended to endorse them to save his own life. And to add this:
- As far as we know, he never pledged allegiance to them publicly and cursed them only privately.
- As far as we know, he never pretended to praise them.
- As far as we know, he never prayed behind them while they were praying to the calf and he was supposedly praying on his own to Allah.
- As far as we know, he never joined a council of them to pick the replacement of as Samiri
- As far as we know, he never named his sons after as Samiri.
- As far as we know, he never married from as Samiri.
- As far as we know, he never married to as Samiri.
- As far as we know, he never gave rulings in their favor or in line with their theology only to refute them in secrecy.

How in the world is this comparable? Is the insult to the Ahl al Bayt not enough? Do we have to drag prophet Harun (a.s.) into this as well every single time?

1) Prophet Harun (as) was the de-facto leader of Bani Israel as you stated, so it is safe to assume he had atleast some power. One thing is certain, the Imams (as) with the exception of a few didn't have much political power. However, when Imam Ali (as) did gain power, he did attempt to reverse the innovations of those who came before him. The Imams (as) didn't have much political power and in fact some where placed under house arrest and others put in jail, but that doesn't mean the Imams (as) weren't spreading the truth by narrating our true beliefs to our companions.

2) He was furious before he understood fully the situation. Not even sure why this is an argument.

3) It is extremely comparable because the people were hellbent on only waiting for Prophet Musa (as), it is safe to assume that they would not listen to what Prophet Haroon (as) would tell them, and perhaps might kill him. Wouldn't you say this is comparable to the situation of the Imams (as)?

4) All of these scenarios can be explained by saying that not doing those actions can lead to worse things happening in the Ummah.

This hadith is clear:

أبى رحمه الله قال: حدثنا سعد بن عبد الله قال: حدثنا أحمد بن محمد ابن عيسى، عن العباس بن معروف، عن حماد بن عيسى، عن حريز، عن بريد بن معاوية، عن أبي جعفر " ع " قال: إن عليا " ع " لم يمنعه من أن يدعو الناس إلى نفسه إلا انهم ان يكونوا ضلالا لا يرجعون عن الاسلام أحب إليه من أن يدعوهم فيأبوا عليه فيصيرون كفارا كلهم.

محور المقاومة والممانعة

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 06:10:56 PM »
YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!

which brave soldiers? The one who not long after join Rasulullah shallallahu alaihi wasallam to many battles or the one who ran away even before facing the enemies and then hiding for 1000+yrs due to fear? You shia shouldnt mention running away issue. Its so embarrasing :D

Who said the Imam (as) is scared of being killed due to worldly reasons? May Allah bless him, he is concerned with the religion of Allah and the believers. Unlike those guys that ran away from death just because they were afraid of confronting the enemies ;)
محور المقاومة والممانعة