TwelverShia.net Forum

AHLUL SUNNAH WAL JAMAH (TRUE VERSION OF ISLAM)

fgss

AHLUL SUNNAH WAL JAMAH (TRUE VERSION OF ISLAM)
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »
Assalam O Alaikum, Wa Rehmatullah, Wa Barakatuhu,

THERE IS NO ANY SECT IN ISLAM. ISLAM + SECT = ZERO

Divisions and differences among this ummah is something inevitable, to which history bears witness, as do the Quran and authentic ahadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Allah says in Surah An'aam 159:
Indeed, those who have divided their religion and become sects - you, [O Muhammad], are not [associated] with them in anything. Their affair is only to Allah ; then He will inform them about what they used to do.

The cause of division is the disagreement in fundamental matters of religion and basic issues of aqeedah, not differences of opinion regarding fiqh.

Prophet [SAW] has ordered us to follow his sunnah and to remain with the jamah (majority), i.e Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah, during the time of divisions and differences.

Sunan an-Nasa'i 4020, It was narrated that 'Arfajah bin Shuraih Al-Ashja'I said:

"I saw the Prophet [SAW] on the Minbar addressing the people. He said: 'After me there will be many calamities and much evil behavior. Whoever you see splitting away from the Jama'ah or trying to create division among the Ummah of Muhammad [SAW], then kill him, for the Hand of Allah is with the Jama'ah, and the Shaitan is with the one who splits away from the Ummah, running with him.'" Source: http://www.sunnah.com/nasai/37/55

Sunan Abi Dawud 4607, Narrated Irbad ibn Sariyah:

One day the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) led us in prayer, then faced us and gave us a lengthy exhortation at which the eyes shed tears and the hearts were afraid.
A man said: Messenger of Allah! It seems as if it were a farewell exhortation, so what injunction do you give us?
He then said: I enjoin you to fear Allah, and to hear and obey even if it be an Abyssinian slave, for those of you who live after me will see great disagreement. You must then follow my sunnah and that of the rightly-guided caliphs (which constitutes 30 years, see http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/42/51). Hold to it and stick fast to it. Avoid novelties, for every novelty is an innovation, and every innovation is an error. Source: http://sunnah.com/abudawud/42/12

Maula Ali a.s also said the same in Nahjul Balagha sermon 126.
Source: http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/Nahjul-Balagha-Sermons/nahjul-balagha-sermon-126.html

With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority (of Muslims) because Allah's hand (of protection) is on keeping unity. You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is (a prey) to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is (a prey) to the wolf.

Some characteristics of the Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah.

(1) They follow the truth. They are described variously as “following the truth,” “following the commandments of Allah,” “following the true religion,” etc.

(2) They obey the commandments of Allah, which means:
(a) They are distinguished from the rest of mankind by carrying the banner of Da’wah towards Allah.
(b) They undertake the mission of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil.
(c) They refute the people of bid’ah, with sound knowledge based on the Wahi (Revelation).

(3) They will be victorious until the Last Hour.
This victory includes:
Being open and not hiding: they are well-known and prominent and have the upper hand.
Adherence to true religion, righteousness, following Allah’s commands and fighting against His enemies in jihaad.

(4) They are patient and resist others with patience.

Who belongs to Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah

The term Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah applys to those who follow the Sunnah of their Prophet, which is derived from authentic narrations only and are with the Jamah, meaning on the path of majority of Scholars or Imams from among the Sahabah, Tabi'in and Taba tabi'in, because they were the best generation of people (See http://www.sunnah.com/bukhari/81/18), who were involved with the sciences of sharee'ah, aqeedah, fiqh, hadeeth and tafseer. This term was used in opposition to Ahlul Biddah Wal Dalalah (people of innovaton and division), they include Shia Rafidha, Nawasib, Kharijitis, Sufis and other groups who differed with Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah in fundamental matters of religion, adopted many innovations and caused division in Islam/Ummah. They all are misguided groups (not Kafirs), which are separated from original saved group, Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamah.

Ibn Hajar Asqalani, may Allah have mercy on him, explained the matter as follows: “They do not have to all be in one city; they could be gathered in one country or dispersed across the world. They may be gathered in one city or in a part of it. It is possible that one group may exist, then disappear, then be replaced by another group, and so on, until the Day of Judgement, when all will disappear except for one group in one city, who will disappear when the breeze decreed by Allaah comes.”

Allah says in Surah Rum 30-31

[Adhere to it], turning in repentance to Him, and fear Him and establish prayer and do not be of those who associate others with Allah.

[Or] of those who have divided their religion and become sects, every faction rejoicing in what it has.

JAZAK ALLAH KHAIRAN
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:52:01 PM by Fahad Sani »
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

fgss

Re: AHLUL SUNNAH WAL JAMAH (TRUE VERSION OF ISLAM)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:35:47 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:55:25 PM by Fahad Sani »
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

ShiaMan

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:11:19 PM »
Assalam O Alaikum, Wa Rehmatullah, Wa Barakatuhu,

THERE IS NO ANY SECT IN ISLAM. ISLAM + SECT = ZERO

Divisions and differences among this ummah is something inevitable, to which history bears witness, as do the Quran and authentic ahadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Allah says in Surah An'aam 159:
Indeed, those who have divided their religion and become sects - you, [O Muhammad], are not [associated] with them in anything. Their affair is only to Allah ; then He will inform them about what they used to do.

The cause of division is the disagreement in fundamental matters of religion and basic issues of aqeedah, not differences of opinion regarding fiqh.

Prophet [SAW] has ordered us to follow his sunnah and to remain with the jamah (majority), i.e Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah, during the time of divisions and differences.

Sunan an-Nasa'i 4020, It was narrated that 'Arfajah bin Shuraih Al-Ashja'I said:

"I saw the Prophet [SAW] on the Minbar addressing the people. He said: 'After me there will be many calamities and much evil behavior. Whoever you see splitting away from the Jama'ah or trying to create division among the Ummah of Muhammad [SAW], then kill him, for the Hand of Allah is with the Jama'ah, and the Shaitan is with the one who splits away from the Ummah, running with him.'" Source: http://www.sunnah.com/nasai/37/55

Sunan Abi Dawud 4607, Narrated Irbad ibn Sariyah:

One day the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) led us in prayer, then faced us and gave us a lengthy exhortation at which the eyes shed tears and the hearts were afraid.
A man said: Messenger of Allah! It seems as if it were a farewell exhortation, so what injunction do you give us?
He then said: I enjoin you to fear Allah, and to hear and obey even if it be an Abyssinian slave, for those of you who live after me will see great disagreement. You must then follow my sunnah and that of the rightly-guided caliphs (which constitutes 30 years, see http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/42/51). Hold to it and stick fast to it. Avoid novelties, for every novelty is an innovation, and every innovation is an error. Source: http://sunnah.com/abudawud/42/12

Maula Ali a.s also said the same in Nahjul Balagha sermon 126.
Source: http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/Nahjul-Balagha-Sermons/nahjul-balagha-sermon-126.html

With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority (of Muslims) because Allah's hand (of protection) is on keeping unity. You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is (a prey) to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is (a prey) to the wolf.

Some characteristics of the Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah.

(1) They follow the truth. They are described variously as “following the truth,” “following the commandments of Allah,” “following the true religion,” etc.

(2) They obey the commandments of Allah, which means:
(a) They are distinguished from the rest of mankind by carrying the banner of Da’wah towards Allah.
(b) They undertake the mission of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil.
(c) They refute the people of bid’ah, with sound knowledge based on the Wahi (Revelation).

(3) They will be victorious until the Last Hour.
This victory includes:
Being open and not hiding: they are well-known and prominent and have the upper hand.
Adherence to true religion, righteousness, following Allah’s commands and fighting against His enemies in jihaad.

(4) They are patient and resist others with patience.

Who belongs to Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah

The term Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah applys to those who follow the Sunnah of their Prophet, which is derived from authentic narrations only and are with the Jamah, meaning on the path of majority of Scholars or Imams from among the Sahabah, Tabi'in and Taba tabi'in, because they were the best generation of people (See http://www.sunnah.com/bukhari/81/18), who were involved with the sciences of sharee'ah, aqeedah, fiqh, hadeeth and tafseer. This term was used in opposition to Ahlul Biddah Wal Dalalah (people of innovaton and division), they include Shia Rafidha, Nawasib, Kharijitis, Sufis and other groups who differed with Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah in fundamental matters of religion, adopted many innovations and caused division in Islam/Ummah. They all are misguided groups (not Kafirs), which are separated from original saved group, Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamah.

Ibn Hajar Asqalani, may Allah have mercy on him, explained the matter as follows: “They do not have to all be in one city; they could be gathered in one country or dispersed across the world. They may be gathered in one city or in a part of it. It is possible that one group may exist, then disappear, then be replaced by another group, and so on, until the Day of Judgement, when all will disappear except for one group in one city, who will disappear when the breeze decreed by Allaah comes.”

Allah says in Surah Rum 30-31

[Adhere to it], turning in repentance to Him, and fear Him and establish prayer and do not be of those who associate others with Allah.

[Or] of those who have divided their religion and become sects, every faction rejoicing in what it has.

JAZAK ALLAH KHAIRAN

Dear brother - I answered this 'sect' issue on ShiaChat previously so we will wait for it to come back up again inshallah.

In terms of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah - the Al-Jama part is irrelevant because if you stand for the truth, then majority or no majority doesn't matter. For example, there are more Christians in the world than Muslims, does that mean they are right?

The characteristics you list can be applicable to anyone so it is pointless.

"This term was used in opposition to Ahlul Biddah Wal Dalalah (people of innovaton and division), they include Shia Rafidha, Nawasib, Kharijitis, Sufis and other groups who differed with Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah in fundamental matters of religion, adopted many innovations and caused division in Islam/Ummah."

Doesnt the above mean that the Ahlul SUnnah were the last or newest group to be created so in essence after lecturing us about not creating sects, they created a new sect?

fgss

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:02:33 AM »

Dear brother - I answered this 'sect' issue on ShiaChat previously so we will wait for it to come back up again inshallah.

In terms of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah - the Al-Jama part is irrelevant because if you stand for the truth, then majority or no majority doesn't matter. For example, there are more Christians in the world than Muslims, does that mean they are right?

The characteristics you list can be applicable to anyone so it is pointless.

"This term was used in opposition to Ahlul Biddah Wal Dalalah (people of innovaton and division), they include Shia Rafidha, Nawasib, Kharijitis, Sufis and other groups who differed with Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah in fundamental matters of religion, adopted many innovations and caused division in Islam/Ummah."

Doesnt the above mean that the Ahlul SUnnah were the last or newest group to be created so in essence after lecturing us about not creating sects, they created a new sect?

I remember it was your protest on SC. I am waiting to reply on this. Hopefully SC will be up today.

Majority does not mean at all those who are great in number, as christians are today. Prophet called majority to his comapinions (as they were on true path, although small in number) in opposition to those who will cause divisions and disagreements in future. And ordered us to follow that approach. After that in every era Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamah is only those persons who are on the path of those compainions. Also this doest not mean they have to be in one city or country. They could be anywhere in the world. Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamah is not any sect. Its manhaj or methodology of companions as per authentic narrations of Prophet S.A.W.

ShiaMan

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:43:19 PM »
I remember it was your protest on SC. I am waiting to reply on this. Hopefully SC will be up today.

Majority does not mean at all those who are great in number, as christians are today. Prophet called majority to his comapinions (as they were on true path, although small in number) in opposition to those who will cause divisions and disagreements in future. And ordered us to follow that approach. After that in every era Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamah is only those persons who are on the path of those compainions. Also this doest not mean they have to be in one city or country. They could be anywhere in the world. Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamah is not any sect. Its manhaj or methodology of companions as per authentic narrations of Prophet S.A.W.

Dear brother - you can choose to be on the path of the Sahaba while we choose to be on the path of Ahlulbayt. Both of us believe the respective path obtained their teachings from the Prophet (saw). However, keep in mind the Ahlulbayt became Muslims before any sahaba so following the sahaba is still a newer sect than following the Ahlulbayt.

Of course by follow Sahaba/Ahlulbayt, we mean follow the Prophet as indicated by them.

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:44 AM »

Dear brother - you can choose to be on the path of the Sahaba while we choose to be on the path of Ahlulbayt. Both of us believe the respective path obtained their teachings from the Prophet (saw). However, keep in mind the Ahlulbayt became Muslims before any sahaba so following the sahaba is still a newer sect than following the Ahlulbayt.

Of course by follow Sahaba/Ahlulbayt, we mean follow the Prophet as indicated by them.

Sahaba encompasses Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain, May Allah be pleased with all of them. So Sunnis are following Sahaba including Ahlelbayt too.  Infact, Quran commands us to follow Muhajireen and Ansar.

ShiaMan

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 01:05:46 AM »
Sahaba encompasses Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain, May Allah be pleased with all of them. So Sunnis are following Sahaba including Ahlelbayt too.  Infact, Quran commands us to follow Muhajireen and Ansar.
Hmmm, so why didnt the Prophet say he is leaving behind the Quran and his Sahaba?

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 01:13:40 AM »
Hmmm, so why didnt the Prophet say he is leaving behind the Quran and his Sahaba?
Because acceptance of charity was only forbidden to his relatives, such as family of Abbas, family of Aqil, family of Jafar, Family of Ali, etc. Hence it was the duty of the Muslims to take their care.

ShiaMan

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 01:16:41 AM »
Because acceptance of charity was only forbidden to his relatives, such as family of Abbas, family of Aqil, family of Jafar, Family of Ali, etc. Hence it was the duty of the Muslims to take their care.
But then shouldnt the duty of Muslims been to take care of all Muslims. Why single out his AhlulBayt? because they couldnt take charity? Really, that is your argument?

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 01:22:34 AM »
But then shouldnt the duty of Muslims been to take care of all Muslims. Why single out his AhlulBayt? because they couldnt take charity? Really, that is your argument?
Were all Muslims forbidden to accept Charity? If no. Then it had to  be reminded. Because the circumstances in which it was said, had a context where some people objected a family member of Prophet(saws) over his taking a portion of Khums. So, if people weren't advised towards the family members who deserved khums and were prohibited from accepting charity, then it could create a problem for them after Prophet(saws).

ShiaMan

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 02:03:32 AM »
Were all Muslims forbidden to accept Charity? If no. Then it had to  be reminded. Because the circumstances in which it was said, had a context where some people objected a family member of Prophet(saws) over his taking a portion of Khums. So, if people weren't advised towards the family members who deserved khums and were prohibited from accepting charity, then it could create a problem for them after Prophet(saws).
So you are saying the sahaba who could do no wrong objected to the Prophet? But then you follow those sahaba?

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 02:31:16 AM »
So you are saying the sahaba who could do no wrong objected to the Prophet? But then you follow those sahaba?
They were rebuked and they corrected themselves, which proves their sincerity and honesty and worthiness to be followed.

fgss

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »

Brother path of Sahabah and Ahlebait is same. If you study narrations of both from Sunni and Shia hadith books they are about 90% similiar. The differences are only on 10% data which is mainly due to weak and fabricated narrations.

Sunni hadith books are available in english and other languages, in edited searchable form, nothing is hidden, its very easy for anyone to search and find narrations on any particular subject within seconds. While not a single out of four major hadith books of shia are available in such format. And this is my major protest against shia scholars and shia followers. I hope they will be available in near future.  Then it would become very easy to find and compare narrations from both sides. Differences are not more as compared to similarities.

If we follow and obey Quran properly by putting our emotions aside, then I am sure all differences will be sorted out.