TwelverShia.net Forum

Allah has eyes and ears ? (Nauzubillah)

whoaretheshia

Allah has eyes and ears ? (Nauzubillah)
« on: December 20, 2019, 10:00:40 PM »
“When the Prophet (saw) recited the Quranic verse: “Truly Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Seer” he put his thumb on his ears and the fingers close to the thumb on his eyes”

Ibn Taymiyyah comments:
“This Hadith means that Allah hears through His Ears and sees through His Eyes” [Sharh Aqeeda al-Wasitiyyah (شرح العقيدة الواسطية) Ibn Taymiyyah]

Ibn Khuzaymah writes: “”Our Creator and Lord has two eyes, by them He sees what is under the soil, what is under the seventh earths and what is above the heavens.” [Kitab al-Tawhid, Ibn Khuzaymah]

Al-Albani had this to say: " I have the conviction that Allah has two eyes because the texts are clear on this, in the Qur'an "you are under our eyes" (approximate translation of verse 48 of surah 52). The Prophet (saw) told the story of the dajjal and his exit towards the end of time, his word (saw) "there is not a prophet without whom he has not put guard his community against the dajjal and I warn you against him, certainly he is one-eyed while your lord is not one-eyed "he(saw) indicated towards his eye, in some versions (of hadith on the dajjal). The fact that the messenger describes the dajjal by this defect "one-eyed" makes it obligatory the fact that Allah has 2 eyes, this and other similar to this was said by the one of the salafs who said that Allah has 2 eyes. The verse that we quoted previously (approximate translation) "you are under Our eyes" even if what is aimed at is not "our eyes" as some who interpret (the divine attributes) think, it is only "you are under our sight (vision), under our guard ...."; even if this meaning is what is wanted (by this verse) but it makes the affirmation of this attribute of Allah obligatory.

Source: https://youtu.be/25x__1FBMHs

Now consider what Imam Muhammed al-Baqir, the grandson of Imam al-Hussain has to say on the matter:

Imam Muhammed al-Baqir (as) has said :

علي بن إبراهيم، عن محمد بن عيسى بن عبيد، عن حماد، عن حريز، عن محمد بن مسلم، عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام أنه قال في صفة القديم: إنه واحد صمد أحدي المعنى ليس بمعاني كثيرة مختلفة، قال: قلت: جعلت فداك يزعم قوم من أهل العراق أنه يسمع بغير الذي يبصر ويبصر بغير الذي يسمع، قال: فقال: كذبوا وألحدوا وشبهوا تعالى الله عن ذلك، إنه سميع بصير يسمع بما يبصر ويبصر بما يسمع، قال: قلت: يزعمون أنه بصير على ما يعقلونه، قال، فقال: تعالى الله إنما يعقل ما كان بصفة المخلوق وليس الله كذلك.
`Ali b. Ibrahim from Muhammad b. `Isa b. `Ubayd from Hamad from Hareez from Muhammad b. Muslim from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام.
He said regarding the description of the Eternal: Verily, He is one, Eternally-Besought of All, and Alone by its meaning and not by the many contradicting meanings. He said: So I said: May I be your ransom, a community from the people of Iraq allege that He hears with something different from that which He sees with, and sees with something different from that which He hears with. He said: So he said: They have lied, deviated, and alikened Him [to His creation]; and Allah is above that. He is Hearing and Seeing – He hears with that which He sees, and sees with that which He hears. He said: I said: They allege that He sees as they think [He sees]. He said: So he said: Allah is above that. They deliberate [for Him] what they would apply to the creation, and Allah is not like that. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 292)
(sahih) (صحيح) [Imamiyya.com website translation]

The meaning of this Hadith is that Allah has no form, can not be divided into parts, whereby a different literal aspect is used as a tool, and another distinct literal aspect is used as a tool. Allah is unified in his essence, and oneness. Created beings like us require different instruments by which we do one thing, and the absence of another instrument which is not required. Allah is above such things.

Even orthodox Sunnis, belonging to the Hanafi-Ashari/Maturidi groups, denounce these claims:

"I leave behind for you two weighty things, which if you hold onto, you will never go astray...the Quran and my Ahlulbayt" - Musnad Ibn Rawayh (al-Albani classes Isnaad *independently* as Hasan, and Matn as authentic, as does Al-Arnaut, Ibn Hajar and others.

iceman

Re: Allah has eyes and ears ? (Nauzubillah)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 10:20:26 PM »
“When the Prophet (saw) recited the Quranic verse: “Truly Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Seer” he put his thumb on his ears and the fingers close to the thumb on his eyes”

Ibn Taymiyyah comments:
“This Hadith means that Allah hears through His Ears and sees through His Eyes” [Sharh Aqeeda al-Wasitiyyah (شرح العقيدة الواسطية) Ibn Taymiyyah]

Ibn Khuzaymah writes: “”Our Creator and Lord has two eyes, by them He sees what is under the soil, what is under the seventh earths and what is above the heavens.” [Kitab al-Tawhid, Ibn Khuzaymah]

Al-Albani had this to say: " I have the conviction that Allah has two eyes because the texts are clear on this, in the Qur'an "you are under our eyes" (approximate translation of verse 48 of surah 52). The Prophet (saw) told the story of the dajjal and his exit towards the end of time, his word (saw) "there is not a prophet without whom he has not put guard his community against the dajjal and I warn you against him, certainly he is one-eyed while your lord is not one-eyed "he(saw) indicated towards his eye, in some versions (of hadith on the dajjal). The fact that the messenger describes the dajjal by this defect "one-eyed" makes it obligatory the fact that Allah has 2 eyes, this and other similar to this was said by the one of the salafs who said that Allah has 2 eyes. The verse that we quoted previously (approximate translation) "you are under Our eyes" even if what is aimed at is not "our eyes" as some who interpret (the divine attributes) think, it is only "you are under our sight (vision), under our guard ...."; even if this meaning is what is wanted (by this verse) but it makes the affirmation of this attribute of Allah obligatory.

Source: https://youtu.be/25x__1FBMHs

Now consider what Imam Muhammed al-Baqir, the grandson of Imam al-Hussain has to say on the matter:

Imam Muhammed al-Baqir (as) has said :

علي بن إبراهيم، عن محمد بن عيسى بن عبيد، عن حماد، عن حريز، عن محمد بن مسلم، عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام أنه قال في صفة القديم: إنه واحد صمد أحدي المعنى ليس بمعاني كثيرة مختلفة، قال: قلت: جعلت فداك يزعم قوم من أهل العراق أنه يسمع بغير الذي يبصر ويبصر بغير الذي يسمع، قال: فقال: كذبوا وألحدوا وشبهوا تعالى الله عن ذلك، إنه سميع بصير يسمع بما يبصر ويبصر بما يسمع، قال: قلت: يزعمون أنه بصير على ما يعقلونه، قال، فقال: تعالى الله إنما يعقل ما كان بصفة المخلوق وليس الله كذلك.
`Ali b. Ibrahim from Muhammad b. `Isa b. `Ubayd from Hamad from Hareez from Muhammad b. Muslim from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام.
He said regarding the description of the Eternal: Verily, He is one, Eternally-Besought of All, and Alone by its meaning and not by the many contradicting meanings. He said: So I said: May I be your ransom, a community from the people of Iraq allege that He hears with something different from that which He sees with, and sees with something different from that which He hears with. He said: So he said: They have lied, deviated, and alikened Him [to His creation]; and Allah is above that. He is Hearing and Seeing – He hears with that which He sees, and sees with that which He hears. He said: I said: They allege that He sees as they think [He sees]. He said: So he said: Allah is above that. They deliberate [for Him] what they would apply to the creation, and Allah is not like that. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 292)
(sahih) (صحيح) [Imamiyya.com website translation]

The meaning of this Hadith is that Allah has no form, can not be divided into parts, whereby a different literal aspect is used as a tool, and another distinct literal aspect is used as a tool. Allah is unified in his essence, and oneness. Created beings like us require different instruments by which we do one thing, and the absence of another instrument which is not required. Allah is above such things.

Even orthodox Sunnis, belonging to the Hanafi-Ashari/Maturidi groups, denounce these claims:

They're too afraid to discuss parts of their belief. They only like to toy and poke fun at the other. Because they absolutely know the nonsense they have.

whoaretheshia

"I leave behind for you two weighty things, which if you hold onto, you will never go astray...the Quran and my Ahlulbayt" - Musnad Ibn Rawayh (al-Albani classes Isnaad *independently* as Hasan, and Matn as authentic, as does Al-Arnaut, Ibn Hajar and others.

Ebn Hussein

Re: Allah has eyes and ears ? (Nauzubillah)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 07:02:29 AM »
Rafidah: Ewww, ya Ali madad! Allah has hands?

Also Rafidah: Ya Ali madad! Ali is Yadullah (hand of Allah), Aynullah (eye of Allah), Wajhullah (face of Allah)...how elegant (Note: Spare me your excuse of 'we don't take it literally'). As a matter of fact, Allah spoke in ALI'S voice in the night of Mi'raj to the Prophet (SAWA). Ali can hear millions of prayers in thousands of languages and dialects and accents, be it whispered or yelled, and he can respond! All 'bi'idhnillah' of course, no Shirk here!

As for the fabrication attributed to al-Baqir (rh):

Probably fabricated by an idiot (probably from Qum) who doesn't even understand Sunni-Athari theology.

They allege that He sees as they think [He sees]. He said: So he said: Allah is above that. They deliberate [for Him] what they would apply to the creation, and Allah is not like that.

Wrong. Instruments, limbs etc. are not how we describe Allah. We describe Him exactly how He described Himself WITHOUT imaging him or 'thinking'. Allah's attributes are part of his essence (dhat), we can't fathom His dhat and thus we can't fathom His attributes, they are above our imagination. Place, direction etc. are all created things, they don't apply to Allah. The Mujassim things of some sort of physical Hand when the Athari-Sunni affirms this attribute, yet what the Jahmite Sifat-denier (like the Rafidah) doesn't realise is that he is imagining Allah due to his false perception of how the sifat are understood by his opponents.

الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]