TwelverShia.net Forum

Ana Zaydi

AlZaydi

Ana Zaydi
« on: October 18, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Peace and blessings be upon the seal of the Prophets,  Muhammad and his Pure familly

Salam alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh dear brothers and sisters.
I hope all of you are doing allright by the Grace of Allah

my name is Manny and i am a Zaydi Shia . I was born In a christian household ( i am from eastern europe ) and i studied a lot of religions before becoming a Muslim . I found out about Islam through books but mainly through a good friend of mine who was an Afghani Shia from the Twelver community . I became twelver and have been a practicing twelver for almost 6 years before realizing Twelver Shiism had some problems and some issues .

Alhamdulilah , i knew that the Ahlulbayt(AS) was still what the Prophet (SAWAS) left behind so i started investigating about other sects of Shiism until i found about Zaydi Shiism which is clearly the original Shiism without all the added doubtful beliefs and practices ( Ghaybah , Mut3a, Corrupted Quran etc )

Insha'Allah i hope we can have meaningful debates and discussions and i have respect and love for both Sunni and Shi'a twelver brothers even though we may not agree on minor issues .

P.S : Sorry if i used some arabic terms incorrectly , i am Ajami therefore please bear with me

Wasalam

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: Ana Zaydi
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 12:24:47 AM »
Walaikum salam,

Welcome to the forum brother.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Adil

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 10:00:47 PM »
Wa'alaykumasalaam warahmatullahi wabarakathu, welcome to the forum bro.

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
Salaam Alaikum brother,

Welcome to the forum, it's a pleasure to have more members. Six years is a long time, alhamdulillah Allah (swt) guided you. Congratulations upon leaving the Rafidi path and joining a group that practices tawheed and respects the Companions (ra).

I would like to know, as a convert from Christianity to Twelverism, what made you choose 12er Shiism over Sunni Islam? What made you decide to leave the 12er Shia faith? Since you are Zaydi, do you prefer to attend Sunni mosques?

When I left Rafidism, Zaydism appealed to me. I liked how Zaydi Islam felt like a middle ground. Unfortunately, there is little information available on the internet. Although I'm happy as a Sunni, I hope to someday research early Zaydism.

PS: Don't worry about not understanding Arabic. Only 20% of the Muslim population is Arab.

muslim720

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:07:17 PM »
I liked how Zaydi Islam felt like a middle ground. Unfortunately, there is little information available on the internet.

Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullah,

Zaydi-ism may feel like middle ground if you set the nearness of Imam Ali (ra) [to the Holy Prophet s.a.w.] - along with all of his merits, etc - on one end of the spectrum and the haphazard election of Abu Bakr (ra) on the other - along with all the conspiracy theories [burning of the house of Fatima r.a., leaving the Holy Prophet s.a.w. to be buried by others, etc] both of which are faulty premises.
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 10:46:47 AM »
Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullah,

Zaydi-ism may feel like middle ground if you set the nearness of Imam Ali (ra) [to the Holy Prophet s.a.w.] - along with all of his merits, etc - on one end of the spectrum and the haphazard election of Abu Bakr (ra) on the other - along with all the conspiracy theories [burning of the house of Fatima r.a., leaving the Holy Prophet s.a.w. to be buried by others, etc] both of which are faulty premises.

You're right, that is why I mentioned my interest of the sect in the past tense. After having been a Sunni Muslim for four years, (I can't believe it has been that long subhanallah), I now realize that the Zaydi school appealed to me as a result of emotional reasons. Even after I had became Sunni, it took months for my tafdhili tendencies to subside.

muslim720

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 02:12:54 PM »
You're right, that is why I mentioned my interest of the sect in the past tense. After having been a Sunni Muslim for four years, (I can't believe it has been that long subhanallah), I now realize that the Zaydi school appealed to me as a result of emotional reasons. Even after I had became Sunni, it took months for my tafdhili tendencies to subside.

May Allah (swt) continue to guide us all and keep us on the straight path!
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

rev3nger

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 09:18:26 PM »

Perhaps your liking to Sunni Islam is just emotional just like Zaydism. Islam is a logical religion, if you want to be emotionally drawn to something then you are no different than a Christian that loves Jesus.

Emotional reasons are lazy and inexcusable which is why Allah revealed this verse.

“When it is said to them: “Follow what Allah has sent down.” They say: “Nay! We shall follow what we found our fathers following.” (Would they do that!) even though their fathers did not understand anything nor were they guided.”
Surah Al-Baqarah (2:170)

Islam is a logical decision not an emotional one.

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 06:48:05 AM »
Zaydism is a batil sect, based on false attribution to Imam Zayd (rh). Their theology is Jahmite-Mu'tazili-like, an absolute disaster and they have committed many crimes in Yemen (not just the Jarudi-Zaydi Houthis, of which many - especially their leaders - have turned Rafidi Twelvers). There is an Ex-Zaydi brother on Twitter, over the years he has exposed their sect to the max. In Arabic, many Shafi'i Yemeni scholars have refuted Zaydism and their false claims to the Ahlul-Bayt.

Yes, compared to Twelver Imamite Rafidism (due its extreme paganism and savagery), Zaydism looks super orthodox (but common, it's not difficult, as Twelver Imamism is so repulsive for people with intellect, of course every person with half a brain will eventually leave it) and Shaytan fools some by claiming that it is 'the middle ground' (between Sunnism and Rafidism), but trust me it is not.

The only problem is that most material, almost 100% really, that deals with Zaydism and refutation of its falsehood is available in Arabic, I personally have benefited a lot from the Ex-Zaydi (now Sunni) brother on Twitter that I've mentioned already, here a link to his account:

https://twitter.com/asas12367?lang=en

Having said that: As Sunnis we should embrace Twelver Shias who become Zaydis, it's better for them and for us (Houthis are from the most extreme sub-sect of Zaydism, the Jarudis, they are semi-Rafidis and should be fought and will be crushed by the Sunni Yemeni nation in due time, Inshaallah). I've met Zaydis and despite all our differences, they are definitely the type of Shia (many of them don't even like the term Shia and prefer Muslim and Zaydi only!) that can peacefully co-exist with us, many of them have converted to Sunnism in the last few decades in northern Yemen (where some of my relatives live), among them major Sunni figures like al-Shawkani and Shaykh Muqbil.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]