TwelverShia.net Forum

Articles (Companion): Abu Bakr as-Siddiq

ummahboard.com

Articles (Companion): Abu Bakr as-Siddiq
« on: November 18, 2016, 03:58:56 PM »
A few days ago someone written there was no virtue in abu bakr being in the cave so I found this but forgot who said it here on this forum

Abu Bakr then asked people to choose between 'Umar ibn al-Khattab and Abu 'Ubaydah ibn al-Jarrah. Hearing this, both men jumped to their feet and exclaimed "O Siddiq, how can that be? How can anyone else fill this position as long as you are among us? You are the top man amongst he Muhajirun. You were the Companion of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam in the Thawr cave. You led prayers in his place, during his last illness. Prayer is the foremost thing in Islam. With all these qualifications you are the fittest person to be the successor of the Holy Prophet. Hold out your hand that we may pledge loyalty to you."

rest of article
http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php?3405-Articles-(Companion)-Abu-Bakr-as-Siddiq

Solomon

Re: Articles (Companion): Abu Bakr as-Siddiq
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 04:58:17 AM »
A few days ago someone written there was no virtue in abu bakr being in the cave so I found this but forgot who said it here on this forum
 You were the Companion of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam in the Thawr cave.

I didn't said that but brother what Good that holds for abu bakr being in cave.
Prophet yusuf(as) also had disbelievers as  companions in prison.

‘O my two mates of the prison! Are sundry lords better or Allah the One, the Supreme? You do not serve besides Him but names which you have named, you and your fathers; Allah has not sent down any authority for them; judgment is only Allah’s; He has commanded that you shall not serve aught but Him; this is the right religion but most people do not know.’ (Surah Yusuf (12): Verses 39-40)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:00:40 AM by Solomon »
"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)
Messenger of Allah said:
"For whoever I am his mawla, 'Ali is his mawla."

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 05:23:09 AM »
 You were the Companion of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam in the Thawr cave.

I didn't said that but brother what Good that holds for abu bakr being in cave.
Prophet yusuf(as) also had disbelievers as  companions in prison.

‘O my two mates of the prison! Are sundry lords better or Allah the One, the Supreme? You do not serve besides Him but names which you have named, you and your fathers; Allah has not sent down any authority for them; judgment is only Allah’s; He has commanded that you shall not serve aught but Him; this is the right religion but most people do not know.’ (Surah Yusuf (12): Verses 39-40)

Brother, it wasn't about good or bad being in the cave. But the manner Allah addressed him r.a. while he r.a. was in the cave.

Please read the below article.

http://www.chiite.fr/en/sahaba_21.html

Solomon

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 09:48:14 AM »

Brother, it wasn't about good or bad being in the cave. But the manner Allah addressed him r.a. while he r.a. was in the cave.

Please read the below article.

http://www.chiite.fr/en/sahaba_21.html
Which manner brother ,Please elaborate..Infact God took this event in surah tawbah- the only surah in quran to start without 'Bismillah',without mercy of God and severely dealing with idolaters.
"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)
Messenger of Allah said:

ummahboard.com

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »
Please remove the picture of the one eyed dajjal from the forum!

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 10:57:56 AM »
Which manner brother ,Please elaborate..

Certainly not the one elaborated by your Sheikh Mufid in his dream meeting Umar r.a.

Infact God took this event in surah tawbah- the only surah in quran to start without 'Bismillah',without mercy of God and severely dealing with idolaters.

How interesting to see you are trying to imply the general theme of a surah into a specific ayah within that surah itself. It seems like you don't actually read the ayah. Why don't you open up the Quran and tell me if that specific ayah befits "without mercy of God and severely dealing with idolaters".

By the way, Ibrahim a.s. is also mentioned in the surah in case you haven't read the surah for a long time.

Solomon

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »

How interesting to see you are trying to imply the general theme of a surah into a specific ayah within that surah itself.

By the way, Ibrahim a.s. is also mentioned in the surah in case you haven't read the surah for a long time.
Brother u told the manner God addressed him thatswhy I said this,the only surah, starts without mercy of God(Bismillah) dealing severely with idolaters and hypocrites and this very event of abubakr is kept among other events of idolaters and hypocrites who dealt with prophets,in the surah with such a general theme which u also accept.
Thatswhy I asked which manner.
Secondly ,yes prophet ibrahim(as) is mentioned with the events of dealing with hypocrites and idolaters and other prophets(& our prophet(sawa)) are also mentioned in the same way .

Why don't you open up the Quran and tell me if that specific ayah befits "without mercy of God and severely dealing with idolaters".

[Pickthal 9:40] If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His peace of reassurance to descend upon him and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's Word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Brother words in bold are clear to read event is dealing with hypocrites with severe tone in starting itself as u asked where it is dealing with idolaters and hypocrites.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:17:39 PM by Solomon »
Messenger of Allah said:

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 06:08:13 PM »
[Pickthal 9:40] If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His peace of reassurance to descend upon him and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's Word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Brother words in bold are clear to read event is dealing with hypocrites with severe tone in starting itself as u asked where it is dealing with idolaters and hypocrites.

Yup, agreed with those words bolded by you brother. My mistake was that I should have been more specific with my request since we are actually discussing about Abu Bakr r.a. and the event of the cave.

Hence, could you highlight which of those words in that ayah related to Abu Bakr r.a. and the event of the cave befits "without mercy of God and severely dealing with idolaters"? To put it another way, are those words related to Abu Bakr r.a. and the event of the cave really the manner of which Allah treated "without mercy of God and severely dealing with idolaters"?

Secondly ,yes prophet ibrahim(as) is mentioned with the events of dealing with hypocrites and idolaters and other prophets(& our prophet(sawa)) are also mentioned in the same way .

That's just made me wonder what your motive is in bringing up the general theme of that surah into the discussion in the first place.

Solomon

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 07:13:12 PM »

Yup, agreed with those words bolded by you brother. My mistake was that I should have been more specific with my request since we are actually discussing about Abu Bakr r.a. and the event of the cave.

[Pickthal 9:26] Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon His messenger and upon the believers and sent down hosts ye could not see, and punished those who disbelieved. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

Above God says he sends down his peace(sakinah) upon messenger & believers.

[Pickthal 9:40] If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His peace of reassurance to descend upon __HIM __and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's Word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

But here God Sent his peace[sakinah] upon messenger only as you can see All-Wise God used HIM(singular) rather than THEM(plural) .Why abu bakr has been deprived of peace sent by God if he was believer ?
Messenger of Allah said:

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »

[Pickthal 9:26] Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon His messenger and upon the believers and sent down hosts ye could not see, and punished those who disbelieved. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

Above God says he sends down his peace(sakinah) upon messenger & believers.

[Pickthal 9:40] If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His peace of reassurance to descend upon __HIM __and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's Word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

But here God Sent his peace[sakinah] upon messenger only as you can see All-Wise God used HIM(singular) rather than THEM(plural) .Why abu bakr has been deprived of peace sent by God if he was believer ?

Just wonder how do you know for sure that "him" in 9:40 refers to Rasulullah s.a.w. and not Abu Bakr r.a.? I love to see Twelvers' "reasoning" here.

Mind you that 9:26 refers to a totally separate event i.e. Hunayn.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 09:41:11 PM »
How on earth does the verse even remotely allude to Abu bakr being a disbeliever?
Allah mentions the disbelievers yet no where associates Abu Bakr with them. The verse only directly assiciates Abu Bakr with the Holy Prophet (saw).

Solomon

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 04:20:03 AM »

Mind you that 9:26 refers to a totally separate event i.e. Hunayn.
Brother,I quoted that verse to show one of the characteristic of God that he sends peace to messenger and believers.

Just wonder how do you know for sure that "him" in 9:40 refers to Rasulullah s.a.w. and not Abu Bakr r.a.? I love to see Twelvers' "reasoning" here.
Disbelievers were thirsty of prophet's blood,chasing the prophet througout, to break idolatrous  belief and preach islam among disbeliever was the duty of our prophet(sawa) form God. So when prophet(sawa) was sorrunded in such a grave situation , the sender(ie;God) has given him peace(sakinah) and helped him with forces which others eyes don't see.
Messenger of Allah said: