TwelverShia.net Forum

Biggest fraud that was done to SUNNIES on their love for sahabah.

fgss

Re: Biggest fraud that was done to SUNNIES on their love for sahabah.
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 03:17:11 PM »
This is getting boring.

You're intake on the narration is also mere assumptions, but it's riddled with prejudice which, is the truth is too hot for you.

I'm not going to spoon feed you. Refer to the reference provided to read a "full blown" explanation of the narration. If you decide to utilise your brain properly then you might just accept it.

Also I found a related thread started by you on this forum.

Which also confirms that you are a blind follower of some scholars. You are not using your brain.
http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/did-muawiyah-(ra)-curse-ali-(ra)-from-the-pulpit/

Here brother Hani has said:
 “I'm a hundred percent sure he abused `Ali without the need of an authentic narration”

Remembering or not? Check the above link.

While you are denying this historical fact on the basis of lame excuses and personal assumption of scholars, That muawiya never cursed or ordered anyone to do so.

But here brother Hani also did a mistake. He said this was only a political fitna about who gets the power. It would have been only a political fitna and no any big problem if Muawiya had abused and cursed Ali only when he was alive. But he followed the same even after the death of Ali. Now this shows his hatred for great Sahabi e Rasool. Now its not political fitna.

Here is the one proof (out of many).

Muawiya abused Ali in front of Saad (Ali, Whom Prophet loved the most and declared him Maula at Ghadir). And muawiya did this after the death of Maula Ali. Whatever he did during the life of Maula Ali was political agree. But after his death he not only abused/cursed him but also ordered all of his governors including Saad to do the same (but Saad refused).

Source: http://www.sunnah.com/urn/1301250

It was narrated that Sa`d bin Waqqas said:
"Mu`awiyah came on one of his pilgrimages and Sa`d entered upon him. They mentioned `Ali, and Mu`awiyah criticized him. Sa`d became angry and said: 'Are you saying this of a man of whom I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: "If I am a person's close friend, `Ali is also his close friend." And I heard him say: "You are to me like Harun was to Musa, except that there will be no Prophet after me." And I heard him say: "I will give the banner today to a man who loves Allah and His Messenger."
حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ سَابِطٍ، - وَهُوَ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ - عَنْ سَعْدِ بْنِ أَبِي وَقَّاصٍ، قَالَ قَدِمَ مُعَاوِيَةُ فِي بَعْضِ حَجَّاتِهِ فَدَخَلَ عَلَيْهِ سَعْدٌ فَذَكَرُوا عَلِيًّا فَنَالَ مِنْهُ فَغَضِبَ سَعْدٌ وَقَالَ تَقُولُ هَذَا لِرَجُلٍ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ مَنْ كُنْتُ مَوْلاَهُ فَعَلِيٌّ مَوْلاَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَسَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ أَنْتَ مِنِّي بِمَنْزِلَةِ هَارُونَ مِنْ مُوسَى إِلاَّ أَنَّهُ لاَ نَبِيَّ بَعْدِي ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَسَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ لأُعْطِيَنَّ الرَّايَةَ الْيَوْمَ رَجُلاً يُحِبُّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade   : Sahih (Darussalam)   
English reference: Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 121
Arabic reference    : Book 1, Hadith 126[/b][/u][/color]

Now check and compare the narration of Sahih Muslim where Muawiya said to Saad that what prevent you from cursing ALI. This was not a test. It was a clear order from muawiya to saad. http://sunnah.com/muslim/44/50

I am really surprised how Imam Nawawi missed that narration from Sunan Ibn Maja. Whom you are following blindly. Now use your brain and do justice and be a witness on that.
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

fgss

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
Firstly, please do not refer to me as brother as I don't consider someone like you a bredrin.

It's probelmatic because it is not unanmiously accepted among many Muhaditeen. You're adding your own bias spice to why they weakened the Hadith. Besides who gave you the authority to decide on what premise a Hadith can be accepted, or rejected?

On the other hand the Bukhari Hadith which, is accepted by everyone is a clear-cut virtue of Mu'awiyah (RA). ibn Abbas (RA) would've had to heard, or come across a certain amount of fatwas to proclaim that he is a faqeeh. Faqeeh is no oridinary station as the Prophet (SAW) offered an exclusive du'a for such people. By extension that includes Mu'awiyah (RA).

Suggesting the remote possibility that he could've been mistaken because of his error declaring Mu'tah permissable is just further proof to how your deviant mind spins. That was an innocent error on his part, but to make a blunder of this sort is very unlikely. Perhaps if it in his nature for ibn Abbas (RA) to make mistakes then perhaps, but something of this magnitude? Hell naw'. Me, and Farid had a real chuckle over this one, lol.

Apply some common sense. The Prophet (SAW) did du'a for had'ayah for the two of them. They were astute leaders, and if they had embraced Islam then more would've followed. The Prophet (SAW) did this du'a for the entire Ummah. The du'as for Mu'awiyah (RA) as per the narrations above was of great virtue. The Prophet (SAW) recognised potential in him, and hence prayed that Allah makes him a leader, and that others be guided through him. Anyone with half brain with functional cells can be deduce that's a du'a of virtue for someone of nobility stature.

None of your "evidences" conclusively prove that Mu'awiyah (RA) was a deviant Sahabi. None of the narrations explicitly confirm, or suggest that Mu'awiyah (RA) instigated, or encouraged others to reville Ali (RA). You're the following your desires, and have rejected praises (authenticated) by a plethora of scholars by the likes of the Prophet (SAW) himself, Abdullah ibn Abbas (RA), and Abdullah ibn Ahmad ibn Hanbal (RA) for Mu'wiyah (RA), and instead added your own warped plus rafidhi infected interpretations. Being titled as "Uncle of the Believers", being complimented as a faqeeh, and the Prophet (SAW) prayng that he ascends to heights of greatness is not praise worthy content, ROFL. Talk about upside-down. No doubt it'll give the viewers a right laugh.

I am done with this thread, and will leave more authentic Hadith confirming beyond doubt that Mu'awiyah (RA) was without the second greatest ruler in Islamic history in terms of the izza' he gave Islam. This in no way compares his status, or rein to any of the right guided Caliphs, or masks his shortcomings after the time of the Prophet (SAW). Having said that none of them undermine his status as a Sahabi likewise that of Talha, Zubair, and A'isha (RA). This is balanced view of the majority Ahlus Sunnah when it comes to the time of fitna'. We remain quiet about what happened, and speak only good about all these esteemed personalities.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

One of the basic principles of Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa‘ah is that they think of and speak of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) in the best terms, as Allah, may He be exalted, has described them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who came after them say: Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful”

[al-Hashr 59:10].

And that is in obedience to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), who said: “Do not revile my Companions, do not revile my Companions, for by the One Whose hand is my soul, if one of you were to spend the equivalent of Uhud in gold [in charity], it would not be equivalent to the mudd [a unit of measure] of one of them or half of that.”

They accept what is said in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and are unanimously agreed on their virtues and status.

They do not believe that any of the Sahaabah are infallible and were protected from major or minor sins; rather it is possible that they may have committed sins in general, but they did a great deal of righteous deeds and attained virtues by means of which they were forgiven for whatever sins they committed, to such an extent that they were forgiven for bad deeds for which no one who came after them was forgiven, because they did good deeds that erased bad deeds, in a manner that was not granted to anyone who came after them.

Moreover, if one of them did commit a sin, then he would have repented from it, or done good deeds that erased it, or have been forgiven for it by virtue of his being one of the first to come to Islam, or by means of the intercession of Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) of which they are the most deserving of people, or by being tested with a calamity in this world by means of which it was expiated – if this is the case with regard to real sins, then how about the matters in which they based their actions on what they thought best (ijtihaad): if they got it right they will have two rewards and if they got it wrong they will have one reward and the mistake will be forgiven?

Moreover the amount of objectionable actions that some of them may have done is very little and insignificant in comparison to their virtues and good characteristics such as belief in Allah and His Messenger, jihad for the sake of Allah, migration (Hijrah), supporting (the religion of Allah), beneficial knowledge and righteous deeds.

Anyone who studies their biographies with knowledge and insight, and sees what Allah bestowed upon them of virtues, will realise for certain that they are the best of people after the Prophets; there never was and there will never be anyone like them. They are the elite of this ummah, which is the best of nations and the dearest of them to Allah, may He be exalted. End quote.

Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 3/152-153

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

Ahl as-Sunnah are unanimously agreed that it is obligatory to object to any slandering any of the Sahaabah because of what happened of that (disputes), even if ones knows which of them was in the right, because they did not fight in those wars except on the basis of what they thought was right (ijtihaad), and Allah, may He be exalted, has forgiven the one who is mistaken in his ijtihaad. Indeed it is proven that he will be given one reward, and the one who gets it right will be given two rewards. End quote

Fath al-Baari, 13/34

Narrations in praise of Mu'awiyah (RA) from companions, and scholars.

Saad bin Abi Waqas ra said: مَا رَأَيْتُ أَحَداً بَعْدَ عُثْمَانَ أَقْضَى بِحَقٍّ مِنْ صَاحِبِ هَذَا البَابِ -يَعْنِي: مُعَاوِيَةَ
"I Have not seen anyone who ruled according to the truth better than Muawiya ra after Uthman ra."

[Tareekh Damishq Ibn Asaakir 59/161 authenticated by Hafiz Abu Yahya Noorpoori]

Wow, the same person who was allegedly encouraged asked why he didn't curse Ali (RA) is now praising the villain?

Abu Darda ra said: مَا رَأَيْتُ أَحَدًا بَعْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، أَشْبَهَ صَلاةً بِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، مِنْ أَمِيرِكُمْ هَذَا ، يَعْنِي مُعَاوِيَةَ
"I have not seen anyone who prayed like Prophet peace be upon him after Prophet peace be upon him other than Muawiyahرضي الله عنه"

[ no: 67, Al Haythamee said in Majma az-Zawaid 4/285: "Narrated by at-Tabrani and its narrators are the narrators of Saheeh other than Qais bin al Harith al Munhaji, and he is trustworthy]

WOW, maybe he was a faqeeh after all?

Abi Hamlah said:
"I saw Muawiyah on the Mimbar in Damishq giving Khutbah to people, and his shirt was patched with other cloth."
[az-Zuhad no. 965]

Narrated by Imam Ahmad in Zuhad and Ibn Abi Asim with authentic chain from Abi Hamlah
[Kashf ash-Shubhaat wal Muftariaat 1/144]

Amazing.

أخبرتنا أم البهاء فاطمة بنت محمد قالت أنا أبو الفضل الرازي أنا جعفر بن عبد الله نا محمد بن هارون نا أبو كريب نا ابن المبارك عن محمد بن مسلم عن إبراهيم بن ميسرة قال ما رأيت عمر بن عبد العزيز ضرب إنسانا قط إلا إنسانا شتم معاوية فإنه ضربه أسواطا

Ibraheem bin Maysara said I have never seen Umar bin abdul Aziz beating anyone with the exception of the one who insulted Muawiyah RadhiAllahanho, He would hit him many lashes [Tareekh Damishq 39/211, Chain is authentic according to Shaykh Zubair Ali Zai in Fadaail al Sahaba according to authentic ahadeeth page 129]

Riyah bin al Jarrah said A person asked Mu`aafaa bin Imran (d 185 h)

يا أبا مسعود أين عمر بن عبد العزيز من معاوية بن أبي سفيان ؟ فغضب من ذلك غضبا شديدا ، وقال : لا يقاس بأصحاب رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - أحد ، معاوية صاحبه ، وصهره ، وكاتبه ، وأمينه على وحي الله ،

O Abu Masood “What is the role of Muawiyah compared to Umar bin Abdulaziz?”. Mu`aafaa bin Imran got furious and said “Nobody can be compared to the companions of Prophet peace be upon him. Muawiyah was companion of Prophet peace be upon him, Brother in law, scribe and his ameen regarding wahyy of Allah.” [Tareekh Baghdad 1/209 Authenticated by Sh Zubair Ali Zai in tahqiq of Fadail as-Sahaba page 129, see also الآجري 5/2466 واللالكائي 8/1445 وتاريخ بغداد 1/209 ومن طريقه الجورقاني 1/195]

These are people of the Salaf praising Mu'awiyah (RA).

A man asked Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal about what happened between ‘Ali and Mu‘aawiyah, and he turned away from him. It was said to him: O Abu ‘Abdullah, he is a man from Banu Haashim. He turned to him and said: Recite: “That was a nation who has passed away. They shall receive the reward of what they earned and you of what you earn. And you will not be asked of what they used to do” [al-Baqarah 2:134].

Manaaqib al-Imam Ahmad by Ibn al-Jawzi, p. 126

Imam Ahmad also said, after it was said to him: What do you say about what happened between ‘Ali and Mu‘aawiyah? He said: I do not say anything about them except what is best.

Manaaqib al-Imam Ahmad by Ibn al-Jawzi, p. 164

And, what bakwaas were you uttering in your initial post that Imam Ahmed's (RA) view on Mu'awiyah (RA)/

Al-Maymooni said: Ahmad ibn Hanbal said to me: O Abu’l-Hasan, if you see a man saying anything bad about any one of the Sahaabah, then be suspicious about his Islam. Al-Fadl ibn Ziyaad said: I heard Abu ‘Abdullah being asked about a man who criticized Mu‘aawiyah and ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas: can he be called a Raafidi? He said: He did not the audacity to criticise them except because he has some evil hidden in his heart.  No one criticises any one of the Sahaabah but he is concealing some evil in his heart. End quote.

Al-Bidaayah wa’n-Nihaayah, 8/139

Before, you start barking how these are fabricated just because they're not from the usual sources we're all accustomed to hearing carry out some thorough research, and then prove how such narrations cannot be accepted.

May Allah grant Abu Sufyan, Mu'awiyah, and Yazid Jannah Al Firdaud, Ameen. :)

You are my brother and its my duty to guide you to the true manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah. Don’t be blind follower of any sahabi or scholar. All have done mistakes, they are not gods. Even prophet can do mistakes. Only Allah is free from that.

If mentioning mistakes of any sahabi is wrong then first criticize hadith scholars why they included such narrations in their books. If it is not allowed to discuss or narrate their mistakes then even before them blame ALLAH, why He included mistakes of prophets in His book. The purpose is not to curse or blame those prophets or sahabah (which might be you are assuming about me) but to learn from their mistakes.

Similarly if muawiya or any other sahabi or scholar has done any mistake (minor or major) there is no need to hide and defend it with lame excuses and blind assumptions. This is what I posted in this thread. read the main post. This is the biggest fraud done to sunnies and you are biggest victim of such fraud no doubt about that.

Let me clarify this more with an example. This is from Bukhari,

Narrated Marwan bin Al-Hakam:
I saw `Uthman and `Ali. `Uthman used to forbid people to perform Hajj-at-Tamattu` and Hajj-al- Qiran (Hajj and `Umra together), and when `Ali saw (this act of `Uthman), he assumed Ihram for Hajj and `Umra together saying, "Lubbaik for `Umra and Hajj," and said, "I will not leave the tradition of the Prophet (ﷺ) on the saying of somebody." http://sunnah.com/bukhari/25/49

Now to whom will you support. Both are great Sahabi. But one is wrong. Same way in the narration where Ibn Abbas said they (muawiya and group) have left the sunnah of Prophet just because of their hatred towards Ali, what is problem in that. Here hz. Uthman has left a sunnah of Prophet. Now before criticizing me blame Imam Bukhari. It is he who narrated this.

I am not in favor of cursing any sahabi. Not even cruel ruler muawiya. Read carefully my main post. What I have said there about muawiya in the end. But when you hide or defend such clear mistakes then it’s the problem. Just accept the mistakes and share with others so that they know the truth and do not commit the same. We have to follow sahabah and scholars only in things which are as per Quran and Sunnah of His prophet. Likewise Allah has mentioned mistakes of His Prophets so that we should learn from their mistakes.

And thank you so much for exposing yourself and your sources more.

You quoted Ibn Taymiyah to teach me the manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah. Along with some narrations from history books. Now there is no need to even comment on those history book’s narrations as I have given you authentic narrations from hadith books. Also the same history books contains hundreds of narrations which expose the rulership of muawiya and the group and show their real face. I will also share some of them soon.

Ibn Taymiyah himself was unaware about the correct manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah (with due respect). He was a great scholar of his time no doubt about that but I will not hide the truth. I am not a blind follower or worshiper of any scholar. I am sharing here a complete book which will show you many corrupt beliefs of ibn Taymiyah. Dwonload this book. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
But here I will share just one example from this book.

One who brings a new thing with a good intention is rewarded

Ibn Taymiyah said, “Similarly when some people bring about, whether it resembles the Christians in the Birth of „Īsā  or out of love and honour for the Nabī , Allaah will reward them for their love and effort, not for the innovation of celebrating the birth of the Nabī  as a festival.” [Iqtiḍāuṣ Ṣirāṭil Mustaqīm; p294]

It means those who are grave worshipers will also be rewarded. Because they do this practice out of their love.

But he not only stopped at this but you know what. He (ibn taymiyah) called Abdullah ibn Umar an innovator (VERY SHOCKING).

Ibn Taymiyah wrote in Iqtiḍāuṣ Ṣirāṭil Mustaqīm, P-29 “As for deliberately offering Ṣalāh in that spot where the Nabī incidentally performed Ṣalāh, it is not quoted from any Ṣaḥābī besides Ibn „Umar. It would appear that this is not a Sunnah of the Khulāfā‟ Rāshiḍun, but his own innovation.”

Rasūlullaah  had said, “Beware of bringing new things in matters, for every new thing is an innovation and every innovation is misguidance.” Thus according to Ibn Taymiyah, Ibn „Umar  is an innovator and misguided.

Previously he said One who brings a new thing with a good intention is rewarded. But then is calling Ibn Umar innovator.

Imam Ibn Abideen (rah) writes in his magnificent Hashiya Rad ul Mukhtar ala Dur al Mukhtar

قال السبكي يحسن التوسل بالنبي إلى ربه ولم ينكره أحد من السلف ولا الخلف إلا ابن تيمية فابتدع ما لم يقله عالم قبله

Translation: Imam as-Subki (Rahimuhullah) said: It is recommended to seek intercession through the Prophet (Peace be upon him), no one from the Islaaf or Khalaaf have rejected this except for Ibn Taymiyyah, he did such a Bidah which none before him did [Hashiya Rad ul Mukhtar, Volume No. 5, Page No. 254, Published by Dar ul Ihya, Beirut, Lebanon, and Volume No. 6, Page No. 397, by Dar al Fikr Beirut]

You criticized and blamed me because I provided you authentic narrations which says muawiya was one who started the biddah of cursing Ali till his death. And commited many wrong acts.

Now following the same criticize and blame ibn Taymiyah because he is calling Ibn Umar an innovator. Ibn Umar is much much much more virtous than muawiya so your criticism on ibn taymiyah should also be much much much more than what you did on me.

Do justice And recall these words of ALLAH.

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted. Surah Nisa – 135
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:30:37 PM by Fahad Sani »
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 04:14:10 PM »
It was narrated that Sa`d bin Waqqas said:
"Mu`awiyah came on one of his pilgrimages and Sa`d entered upon him. They mentioned `Ali, and Mu`awiyah criticized him. Sa`d became angry and said: 'Are you saying this of a man of whom I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: "If I am a person's close friend, `Ali is also his close friend." And I heard him say: "You are to me like Harun was to Musa, except that there will be no Prophet after me." And I heard him say: "I will give the banner today to a man who loves Allah and His Messenger."
حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ سَابِطٍ، - وَهُوَ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ - عَنْ سَعْدِ بْنِ أَبِي وَقَّاصٍ، قَالَ قَدِمَ مُعَاوِيَةُ فِي بَعْضِ حَجَّاتِهِ فَدَخَلَ عَلَيْهِ سَعْدٌ فَذَكَرُوا عَلِيًّا فَنَالَ مِنْهُ فَغَضِبَ سَعْدٌ وَقَالَ تَقُولُ هَذَا لِرَجُلٍ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ مَنْ كُنْتُ مَوْلاَهُ فَعَلِيٌّ مَوْلاَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَسَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ أَنْتَ مِنِّي بِمَنْزِلَةِ هَارُونَ مِنْ مُوسَى إِلاَّ أَنَّهُ لاَ نَبِيَّ بَعْدِي ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَسَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ لأُعْطِيَنَّ الرَّايَةَ الْيَوْمَ رَجُلاً يُحِبُّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade   : Sahih (Darussalam)   
English reference: Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 121
Arabic reference    : Book 1, Hadith 126[/b][/u][/color]

This report is actually weak and disconnected. The reason Shiekh Albani authenticated it is because of the virrtues about Ali(ra) mentioned in this report reached us through other authentic chains. However the context in which Saad(ra) narrated this is unreliable and goes against the authentic version of Sahih Muslim.

fgss

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »
Some evidences from history books. Read carefully. And dont be slave of your emotions accept the truth.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/2j4xh1/the_history_of_tabari_english_40_volumes_pdf/

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:46:53 PM by Fahad Sani »

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 08:41:04 PM »
Some evidences from history books. Read carefully. And dont be slave of your emotions accept the truth.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/2j4xh1/the_history_of_tabari_english_40_volumes_pdf/

You're a deluded fool. Tabari himself says a lot of what he narrated is questionable, authenticate it. Wallah you're following the same tactics as the Rafidah. We've shown you Hadith aftet Hadith in praise of Mu'awiyah, I"m getting quite bored of this

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 09:08:53 PM »

Dont get too emotional. I think you havnt checked the link above. Prophet actually prayed for ibn ubbayi on his death bed. This is what mentioned there with sources.

Same way prophet made supplication for Muawiya in his life. Obviously not after his death.

BUT

ALLAH says:

Ask forgiveness for them, [O Muhammad], or do not ask forgiveness for them. If you should ask forgiveness for them seventy times - never will Allah forgive them. That is because they disbelieved in Allah and His Messenger, and Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people. Tauba -80

This applys to everyone including ibn ubbayi and muawiya and all of us. Dua/supplication is not any merit, that's what I am saying. Infact Prophet had supplicated for his entire ummah that they may be guided. Now its upto Allah, to accept in favor of whom He wants. Because only Allah knows what will happen in future, what everyone will do in future, what is inside the heart (intention).

Life of muawiya after the 3rd caliph is itself evidence that dua of Prophet was rejected by Allah in his favor. He was not a guided person. As he commited many sinful acts throughout his 20 years of rule. Its recorded in both hadith and history books.

Dont follow your emotions. Accept the truth.

Tells everyone not to get emotional > is clearly getting emotional and desperate

Firstly your response was constructed poorly with regards to its English so thats literally what you wrote. Which to be honest speaks volumes about your research.

Secondly these are two totally different things. The Prophet is praying for him on his deathbed, which as any Muslim knows is a totally different scenario to the way the Prophet gave du'a for Mu'awiyah.

When the Prophet gave du'a for Mu'awiyah he prayed that he be successful in this world, not just to ask that he is forgiven for any vices and what not.

Not just this but how many narrations do we have of 'Abdullah ibn Ubayy being rebuked as a munafiq by the Sahabah? Find me a narration where a Sahabi calls Mu'awiyah a munafiq openly. You won't find one.

Thirdly you shamefully forget that the reason Mu'awiyah rose up was because 'Uthman's killers had not been found. If he was interested in power he would've joined with 'Aisha.

Not just this but like I said. If Mu'awiyah was a Munafiq it would've been clear from early on, so why would the Prophet do it in the first place. Also interestingly you forget that the Prophets du'a came true because Mu'awiyah woukd rule Sham then the whole Muslim world and his rule would also be successful.

So the Prophet's du'a was accepted.

fgss

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 05:37:26 AM »

You're a deluded fool. Tabari himself says a lot of what he narrated is questionable, authenticate it. Wallah you're following the same tactics as the Rafidah. We've shown you Hadith aftet Hadith in praise of Mu'awiyah, I"m getting quite bored of this

Yes. But it doesnt mean that whatever is against muawiya is fabricated and weak and whatever is in his favor its authentic. This is not a shia sunni issue brother. You are only following what is famous and popular but not authenitc. In reality there is no any merit of Muawiya from Prophet, all are either fabrications or illusions or sayings and opninions of some scholars which are badly rejected by other scholars. See evidences 4 and 5 from main post. Big fraud had been done thats what I am saying.

And what I shared from Tabari is authentic. Same you will find in Al-bidaya wal Nahaya of Imam ibn Kathir.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:20:04 AM by Fahad Sani »

fgss

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 05:52:09 AM »

Dont get too emotional. I think you havnt checked the link above. Prophet actually prayed for ibn ubbayi on his death bed. This is what mentioned there with sources.

Same way prophet made supplication for Muawiya in his life. Obviously not after his death.

BUT

ALLAH says:

Ask forgiveness for them, [O Muhammad], or do not ask forgiveness for them. If you should ask forgiveness for them seventy times - never will Allah forgive them. That is because they disbelieved in Allah and His Messenger, and Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people. Tauba -80

This applys to everyone including ibn ubbayi and muawiya and all of us. Dua/supplication is not any merit, that's what I am saying. Infact Prophet had supplicated for his entire ummah that they may be guided. Now its upto Allah, to accept in favor of whom He wants. Because only Allah knows what will happen in future, what everyone will do in future, what is inside the heart (intention).

Life of muawiya after the 3rd caliph is itself evidence that dua of Prophet was rejected by Allah in his favor. He was not a guided person. As he commited many sinful acts throughout his 20 years of rule. Its recorded in both hadith and history books.

Dont follow your emotions. Accept the truth.

Tells everyone not to get emotional > is clearly getting emotional and desperate

Firstly your response was constructed poorly with regards to its English so thats literally what you wrote. Which to be honest speaks volumes about your research.

Secondly these are two totally different things. The Prophet is praying for him on his deathbed, which as any Muslim knows is a totally different scenario to the way the Prophet gave du'a for Mu'awiyah.

When the Prophet gave du'a for Mu'awiyah he prayed that he be successful in this world, not just to ask that he is forgiven for any vices and what not.

Not just this but how many narrations do we have of 'Abdullah ibn Ubayy being rebuked as a munafiq by the Sahabah? Find me a narration where a Sahabi calls Mu'awiyah a munafiq openly. You won't find one.

Thirdly you shamefully forget that the reason Mu'awiyah rose up was because 'Uthman's killers had not been found. If he was interested in power he would've joined with 'Aisha.

Not just this but like I said. If Mu'awiyah was a Munafiq it would've been clear from early on, so why would the Prophet do it in the first place. Also interestingly you forget that the Prophets du'a came true because Mu'awiyah woukd rule Sham then the whole Muslim world and his rule would also be successful.

So the Prophet's du'a was accepted.

He ruled the muslim world, it means he was guided. Amazing

But do you know how he ruled the muslim world, examine yourself his 20 years of kingship from books. If he was realy guided then he must have been included among the rightly guided caliphs. Because there is a specific dua for him from Prophet s.a.w.w.

But the reality is that same Prophet also said caliphate will only be for 30 years then there will be cruel kingship.

You are accepting one hadith of Prophet but ignoring/rejecting the other, which is the biggest evidence against him. There is no need to even consider any other narration. That particular hadith (Musnad Imam Ahmed #18430) clears everything, that he was not a guided one
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:27:00 AM by Fahad Sani »

fgss

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 06:08:15 AM »
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ الْجَعْدِ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا شُعْبَةُ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي مَنْصُورٌ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ رِبْعِيَّ بْنَ حِرَاشٍ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ عَلِيًّا، يَقُولُ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم"‏ لاَ تَكْذِبُوا عَلَىَّ، فَإِنَّهُ مَنْ كَذَبَ عَلَىَّ فَلْيَلِجِ النَّارَ ‏"‏‏

Narrated Ali: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."
Bukhari #106, Muslim #1

Biggest Fraud That Was Done To Sunnies
On name of their love for Sahabah

No doubt, people of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah are the true followers and representatives of Islam but one big fraud has been done to them since 1st century Hijrah. Which resulted in their defending of Banu Umayyah specially of Muawiya bin Abu Sufiyan and the group. They have done whatever they have done, i.e they started biddah of cursing on Maula Ali a.s, changed and left many sunnahs of Prophet (s.a.w.w) due to their hatred towards Maula Ali a.s, also adopted many prohibited things etc. There is no need to hide these facts or defend them with false analogies and weak evidences. Many books have been written just to defend and support them. Unfortunately such books are circulating on the minds of most common sunnies and this is the thing which made many sunnies Nasibis. This was not at all originally the Manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah. A big fraud was done to muslims and fake books were written in merits of Muawiya by the devotees, missionaries, script writers of his time and later generations. In fact there is no any single sahih hadith in praise of Muawiya bin Abi Sufiyan from Rasoolullah (s.a.w.w) while against him there are so many authentic ahadith. Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim both have not included any single hadith as merits of Muawiya in their books. But they included ahadith which are against him. Also that was the belief of Imam Nasai and Imam Ahmed and many other prominent ahlul sunnah scholars. In fact Imam Nasai was martyred because of this reason. He was ordered by people of Syria to write a book in praise of Muawiya, same way as he had written a book in praise of Ali. Imam Nasai refused as there was no any merit for Muawiya, so they killed him, due to their hatred towards Ali. All the narrations which are present in praise of Muawiya are fabrications, comfirmed by Ahlul Sunnah ilm e rijal experts like Imam Ibn Hibban, Imam Jouzi, Imam Ibn Hajar and others.

Few evidences:

1.   Musnad Ahmed: After Khilafat e Rashida there will be cruel rulership. http://islamandpsychology.blogspot.com/2011/02/future-of-islamkhilafah-returns.html. Khilafat e Rashida lasted for 30 years http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/42/51. Then Muawiya became the first ruler of that category.

2.   Sahih Muslim: Muawiya said to Sad bin Abi Waqqas to curse Ali. http://sunnah.com/muslim/44/50

3.   Abu Dawud: Cursing Ali was a common thing during rule of Muawiya. http://sunnah.com/abudawud/42/55

4.   Imam Ibn Jouzi said in Mozu’aat, Vol-2, P-24. http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-882#page-445
Nothing is true from Rasoolallah (s.a.w.w) in praise of Muawiya.

5.   Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani in Fath ul Bari Vol-7, P-104, No. 3766,

Many manmade fabricated books were written in praise of Muawiya, Like book of Ibn Abi Asim, Abu Umar Ghulam of Thalib and Abu Bakr Al-naqash. Imam Ibn Jouzi, after mentioning few narrations from these books, said nothing is true in praise of Muawiya from Rasoolullah (s.a.w.w), all such merits that mentioned in books are falsely attributed to Prophet of Islam, all are fabrications, as confirmed by Ishaq bin Rahwiya (same was confirmed & followed by his students Imam Ahmed, Bukhari, Muslim & others). Also Imam Nasai, when he wrote a book Khasais Ali a.s, people of syria said him to write the same on Muawiya, he said what I write in prasie of Muawiya, there is nothing in his merit, people became angry and killed Imam Nasai due to their love for Muawiya and hatred towards Ali a.s. http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-1673/page-3845

The correct manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah about Muawiya Bin Abu Sufiyan is same as of Maula Ali a.s, that he did not call him kafir or munafiq but his brother in Islam. Maula Ali a.s accepted him as a Muslim, but at the same time he also mentioned and criticized his wrong acts, and guided him to the true teachings of Islam. Same is the manhaj of all prominent hadith and rijal scholars of Ahlul Sunnah, including Ishaq bin Rahwiya, Al-Hakim, Imam Ahmed, Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam Nasai, Imam Ibn Jouzi, Imam Ibn Hibban and others. Follow true and correct Manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah regarding Muawiya bin Abi Sufiyan, not those weak and fabricated narrations just because some scholars are supporting it and you are emotionally connected with those narrations since your childhood.

Also it’s not the manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah to admire and support those who curse him. They are actually following the footsteps of Muawiya himself. As he was the first one who started biddah of cursing Maula Ali a.s. They not only curse Muawiya, but also curse many other true companions and wives of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). We do not support this biddah of Muawiya. We are with Maula Ali a.s, on his manhaj. He did not abused or cursed any of his opponents, nor even the extremist Kharijites who called him Kafir on his face.

REMINDER

Don’t follow your emotions or personal desires, accept the evidences and be witness, even if it is against yourself or your parents/relatives or in favor of your enemies.

َيَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ بِالْقِسْطِ شُهَدَاءَ لِلَّهِ وَلَوْ عَلَىٰ أَنْفُسِكُمْ أَوِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ وَالْأَقْرَبِينَ ۚ إِنْ يَكُنْ غَنِيًّا أَوْ فَقِيرًا فَاللَّهُ أَوْلَىٰ بِهِمَا ۖ فَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا الْهَوَىٰ أَنْ تَعْدِلُوا ۚ وَإِنْ تَلْوُوا أَوْ تُعْرِضُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted. Surah Nisa – 135

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ لِلَّهِ شُهَدَاءَ بِالْقِسْطِ ۖ وَلَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآنُ قَوْمٍ عَلَىٰ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا ۚ اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ ۖ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do. Surah Maida - 8

MY FINAL POST ON THIS THREAD.

Some more evidences. (The list is very big, for more watch the video below but its in URDU)

(1) This is the stongest evidence against him. Which I also mentioned in the main post. Musnad Imam Ahmed, Hadith #18430. Prophet s.a.w.w said after righteous caliphate (which remained for 30 years only) there will be cruel rulers for this Ummah.

Who became first ruler of this category after righteous caliphate. Was it not Muawiya bin Abu Sufiyan?

None of Sahabah was happy with his cruel and harsh rule. Many of them rebuked him for his wrong doings and most of them were silent just for the sake of Islam. Read Tabari and Ibn Kathir for what he did in 20 years of his rule. There were muslims but no Islam at that time, as it was during the time of rightly guided caliphs. Muawiya was the first person who hijacked Islam. Still it is hijacked, Courtesy lovers of Muawiya, Courtesy blind followers of Ahlul Sunnah, Courtesy hatred of Ahlebait.

This is not a fairytale, nor any shia-suuni issue. These are words of Prophet s.a.w.w about how long caliphate will remain and what will happen after it.

(2) Sahih Bukhari #4108, http://sunnah.com/bukhari/64/152
Muawiya was arrogant and a haughty person. Ibn Umar also had very harsh views about Muawiya because of his attitude. Ibn Umar only accepted him as caliph for the sake of Islam. Same approach was followed by all sahabah. Some of them also rebuked him on his face.

Narrated `Ikrima bin Khalid:
Ibn `Umar said, "I went to Hafsa while water was dribbling from her twined braids. I said, 'The condition of the people is as you see, and no authority has been given to me.' Hafsa said, (to me), 'Go to them, and as they (i.e. the people) are waiting for you, and I am afraid your absence from them will produce division amongst them.' " So Hafsa did not leave Ibn `Umar till we went to them. When the people differed. Muawiya addressed the people saying, "'If anybody wants to say anything in this matter of the Caliphate, he should show up and not conceal himself, for we are more rightful to be a Caliph than he and his father." On that, Habib bin Masalama said (to Ibn `Umar), "Why don't you reply to him (i.e. Muawiya)?" `Abdullah bin `Umar said, "I untied my garment that was going round my back and legs while I was sitting and was about to say, 'He who fought against you and against your father for the sake of Islam, is more rightful to be a Caliph,' but I was afraid that my statement might produce differences amongst the people and cause bloodshed, and my statement might be interpreted not as I intended. (So I kept quiet) remembering what Allah has prepared in the Gardens of Paradise (for those who are patient and prefer the Hereafter to this worldly life)." Habib said, "You did what kept you safe and secure (i.e. you were wise in doing so).

(3) Sunan Abu Dawud 4131, http://sunnah.com/abudawud/34/112
Muawiya was a misguided person. He was not a lover of Ahlebait. He was not at all on the path of Prophet s.a.w.w. He has left the Sunnah of Prophet and Sunnah of rightly guided caliphs and adopted many wrong and haram things. He used to give bribery to everyone who oppose him so that they may shut their mouth including pious sahabah.

Khalid said:

Al-Miqdam ibn Ma'dikarib and a man of Banu Asad from the people of Qinnisrin went to Mu'awiyah ibn AbuSufyan.

Mu'awiyah said to al-Miqdam: Do you know that al-Hasan ibn Ali has died? Al-Miqdam recited the Qur'anic verse "We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return."

A man asked him: Do you think it a calamity? He replied: Why should I not consider it a calamity when it is a fact that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to take him on his lap, saying: This belongs to me and Husayn belongs to Ali?

The man of Banu Asad said: (He was) a live coal which Allah has extinguished. Al-Miqdam said: Today I shall continue to make you angry and make you hear what you dislike. He then said: Mu'awiyah, if I speak the truth, declare me true, and if I tell a lie, declare me false.

He said: Do so. He said: I adjure you by Allah, did you hear the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) forbidding use to wear gold?

He replied: Yes. He said: I adjure you by Allah, do you know that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) prohibited the wearing of silk?

He replied: Yes. He said: I adjure you by Allah, do you know that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) prohibited the wearing of the skins of beasts of prey and riding on them?

He said: Yes. He said: I swear by Allah, I saw all this in your house, O Mu'awiyah.
Mu'awiyah said: I know that I cannot be saved from you, O Miqdam.

Khalid said: Mu'awiyah then ordered to give him what he did not order to give to his two companions, and gave a stipend of two hundred (dirhams) to his son. Al-Miqdam then divided it among his companions, and the man of Banu Asad did not give anything to anyone from the property he received. When Mu'awiyah was informed about it, he said: Al-Miqdam is a generous man; he has an open hand (for generosity). The man of Banu Asad withholds his things in a good manner.

He not only cursed the father of Imam Hassan a.s, who gave him the power but also became happy on his death. If Muawiya was not a Nasibi then there is no any Nasibi in the world.

Use your brains. Do not follow blindly all the time other scholars. Don’t you know Allah has cursed in Quran those scholars who hide the truth. They will not save you on the day of Judgement.

[VIDEO] REALITY OF MUAWIYA, WHO HIJACKED AND RUINED ISLAM AND THE GOOD WORK DONE BY RIGHTLY GUIDED CALIPHS.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:42:10 AM by Fahad Sani »

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 08:57:59 PM »
Umayr ibn Sa`d said "Do not mention Mu`awiyah except in a good manner for indeed I heard the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa salim) saying: “O Allah, make him a guide, rightly-guided and guide [others] through him.”

al-Tarikh al-Kabir (5/240); Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal (17929), Jami` at-Tirmidhi (3843), al-Tabaqat ibn Sa'd (7/417)

Umayr was an Ansari and virtuous companion. If his word has no meaning to you then there's no point debating with you.

And on your repetive affirmation that Mu'awiyah left Islam when he fought 'Ali and that the prophets du'a for him was baatil here is why that wasnt true then and its not true now.

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/137

Now guess who was part of that first naval expedition?

al-Fath ibn Hajr (6/120): Al-Muhallab said: “In this hadith there is a merit of Mu`awiyah since he was the first to undertake a naval expedition.”

He then says (6/121): The statement, “they have made it compulsory,” means they have done such an action, on account of which Paradise has been made compulsory for them.

I am not replying after this because if this isnt enough proof for you then what is?

Farid

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2016, 06:10:28 AM »
I apologize for not taking part in the discussion during the past few days. I was pretty busy. Perhaps brother Fahad can find the time to discuss some matters with me.

Brother Fahad said:

(1) This is the stongest evidence against him. Which I also mentioned in the main post. Musnad Imam Ahmed, Hadith #18430.

I have returned to the first post and found the link to the narration. It refers to Al-Albani's Silsila, hadith #5. However, by returning to that narration, we find that Al-Albani guides readers to another narration, #3270, in which the Prophet - peace be upon him - says, "The beginning of this matter is prophethood and mercy, then a caliphate and mercy, and then a monarchy and mercy..."

A similar narration can also be found in Mustadrak Al-Hakim in which the monarchy is referred to as a mercy in the beginning.

In light of this, I suggest studying these narrations thoroughly before coming to any conclusions about Mu'awiyah, because I think it is a stretch to assume that both versions of these wordings are correct.

ShiaMan

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2016, 02:40:38 AM »
I ask you to find me where Mu'awiyah shows any hatred of 'Ali in an authentic Hadith.
You may missed the Battle of Siffin.