TwelverShia.net Forum

Biggest fraud that was done to SUNNIES on their love for sahabah.

fgss

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ الْجَعْدِ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا شُعْبَةُ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي مَنْصُورٌ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ رِبْعِيَّ بْنَ حِرَاشٍ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ عَلِيًّا، يَقُولُ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم"‏ لاَ تَكْذِبُوا عَلَىَّ، فَإِنَّهُ مَنْ كَذَبَ عَلَىَّ فَلْيَلِجِ النَّارَ ‏"‏‏

Narrated Ali: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."
Bukhari #106, Muslim #1

Biggest Fraud That Was Done To Sunnies
On name of their love for Sahabah

No doubt, people of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah are the true followers and representatives of Islam but one big fraud has been done to them since 1st century Hijrah. Which resulted in their defending of Banu Umayyah specially of Muawiya bin Abu Sufiyan and the group. They have done whatever they have done, i.e they started biddah of cursing on Maula Ali a.s, changed and left many sunnahs of Prophet (s.a.w.w) due to their hatred towards Maula Ali a.s, also adopted many prohibited things etc. There is no need to hide these facts or defend them with false analogies and weak evidences. Many books have been written just to defend and support them. Unfortunately such books are circulating on the minds of most common sunnies and this is the thing which made many sunnies Nasibis. This was not at all originally the Manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah. A big fraud was done to muslims and fake books were written in merits of Muawiya by the devotees, missionaries, script writers of his time and later generations. In fact there is no any single sahih hadith in praise of Muawiya bin Abi Sufiyan from Rasoolullah (s.a.w.w) while against him there are so many authentic ahadith. Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim both have not included any single hadith as merits of Muawiya in their books. But they included ahadith which are against him. Also that was the belief of Imam Nasai and Imam Ahmed and many other prominent ahlul sunnah scholars. In fact Imam Nasai was martyred because of this reason. He was ordered by people of Syria to write a book in praise of Muawiya, same way as he had written a book in praise of Ali. Imam Nasai refused as there was no any merit for Muawiya, so they killed him, due to their hatred towards Ali. All the narrations which are present in praise of Muawiya are fabrications, comfirmed by Ahlul Sunnah ilm e rijal experts like Imam Ibn Hibban, Imam Jouzi, Imam Ibn Hajar and others.

Few evidences:

1.   Musnad Ahmed: After Khilafat e Rashida there will be cruel rulership. http://islamandpsychology.blogspot.com/2011/02/future-of-islamkhilafah-returns.html. Khilafat e Rashida lasted for 30 years http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/42/51. Then Muawiya became the first ruler of that category.

2.   Sahih Muslim: Muawiya said to Sad bin Abi Waqqas to curse Ali. http://sunnah.com/muslim/44/50

3.   Abu Dawud: Cursing Ali was a common thing during rule of Muawiya. http://sunnah.com/abudawud/42/55

4.   Imam Ibn Jouzi said in Mozu’aat, Vol-2, P-24. http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-882#page-445
Nothing is true from Rasoolallah (s.a.w.w) in praise of Muawiya.

5.   Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani in Fath ul Bari Vol-7, P-104, No. 3766,

Many manmade fabricated books were written in praise of Muawiya, Like book of Ibn Abi Asim, Abu Umar Ghulam of Thalib and Abu Bakr Al-naqash. Imam Ibn Jouzi, after mentioning few narrations from these books, said nothing is true in praise of Muawiya from Rasoolullah (s.a.w.w), all such merits that mentioned in books are falsely attributed to Prophet of Islam, all are fabrications, as confirmed by Ishaq bin Rahwiya (same was confirmed & followed by his students Imam Ahmed, Bukhari, Muslim & others). Also Imam Nasai, when he wrote a book Khasais Ali a.s, people of syria said him to write the same on Muawiya, he said what I write in prasie of Muawiya, there is nothing in his merit, people became angry and killed Imam Nasai due to their love for Muawiya and hatred towards Ali a.s. http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-1673/page-3845

The correct manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah about Muawiya Bin Abu Sufiyan is same as of Maula Ali a.s, that he did not call him kafir or munafiq but his brother in Islam. Maula Ali a.s accepted him as a Muslim, but at the same time he also mentioned and criticized his wrong acts, and guided him to the true teachings of Islam. Same is the manhaj of all prominent hadith and rijal scholars of Ahlul Sunnah, including Ishaq bin Rahwiya, Al-Hakim, Imam Ahmed, Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam Nasai, Imam Ibn Jouzi, Imam Ibn Hibban and others. Follow true and correct Manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah regarding Muawiya bin Abi Sufiyan, not those weak and fabricated narrations just because some scholars are supporting it and you are emotionally connected with those narrations since your childhood.

Also it’s not the manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah to admire and support those who curse him. They are actually following the footsteps of Muawiya himself. As he was the first one who started biddah of cursing Maula Ali a.s. They not only curse Muawiya, but also curse many other true companions and wives of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). We do not support this biddah of Muawiya. We are with Maula Ali a.s, on his manhaj. He did not abused or cursed any of his opponents, nor even the extremist Kharijites who called him Kafir on his face.

REMINDER

Don’t follow your emotions or personal desires, accept the evidences and be witness, even if it is against yourself or your parents/relatives or in favor of your enemies.

َيَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ بِالْقِسْطِ شُهَدَاءَ لِلَّهِ وَلَوْ عَلَىٰ أَنْفُسِكُمْ أَوِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ وَالْأَقْرَبِينَ ۚ إِنْ يَكُنْ غَنِيًّا أَوْ فَقِيرًا فَاللَّهُ أَوْلَىٰ بِهِمَا ۖ فَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا الْهَوَىٰ أَنْ تَعْدِلُوا ۚ وَإِنْ تَلْوُوا أَوْ تُعْرِضُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted. Surah Nisa – 135

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ لِلَّهِ شُهَدَاءَ بِالْقِسْطِ ۖ وَلَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآنُ قَوْمٍ عَلَىٰ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا ۚ اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ ۖ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do. Surah Maida - 8
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:42:15 AM by Fahad Sani »
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

Optimus Prime

Re: Biggest fraud that was done to SUNNIES on their love for sahabah.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 03:02:32 PM »
Some of you posted is nothing more than bakwaas.

There is plenty of praise, and authentic virtues reported about Sayadina Mua'wiyah (RA). He is Jannah regardless of what took place with "Maula Ali".

I'm not going to spoon feed you with references, I'll let someone to do that. However, if you dig through some old threads on this forum, I'm sure you'll find opposing/refuting content much to your surprise.

fgss

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »
Some of you posted is nothing more than bakwaas.

There is plenty of praise, and authentic virtues reported about Sayadina Mua'wiyah (RA). He is Jannah regardless of what took place with "Maula Ali".

I'm not going to spoon feed you with references, I'll let someone to do that. However, if you dig through some old threads on this forum, I'm sure you'll find opposing/refuting content much to your surprise.

Brother, it seems like you are following your emotions more. Remember, in the field of knowledge/evidences there is no value of emotions.

I have no any personal grudge against Muawiya Bin Abu Sufiyan, I am talking on the basis of evidences from most authentic sources, some of them are mentioned above. He has done alot of damage to Islam. And perhaps he is the only major reason of rift and conflits among shias and sunnies. Be aware of biggest fraud that was done to sunnies. Its still going on.

Just accept the facts and be on correct manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah regarding him as mentioned above.

And May Allah forgive him for what he did. But it all depends on his own intention. Allah knows best, who will be in jannah.

Also I have posted about biggest fraud that was done to shias. What you say about this?
http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/biggest-fraud-that-was-done-to-shias-by-their-scholars/msg12383/#new
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:17:44 PM by Fahad Sani »
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 06:57:13 PM »
No, I'm free from any Shia infested germs, Alhamdulillah unlike some.

You're delusional, and I urge you to put your transparent grudge for Sayadinah Mua'wiyah (RA) who is your superior to one side, and do some clinical research then you'll reach the right "balanced" view on this Sahabi. This prejudice is easy to fall prey to and a dastardly act of villainy to fleece lay people who to take the bait. May Allah Ta’ala protect the Ummah from these wolves in sheepskin who  ravage, pillage and plunder the Imaan and the Akhlaaq of the ignorant and unwary.

Your research is devoid of all the facts, and is fit for the trash.

fgss

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »
No, I'm free from any Shia infested germs, Alhamdulillah unlike some.

You're delusional, and I urge you to put your transparent grudge for Sayadinah Mua'wiyah (RA) who is your superior to one side, and do some clinical research then you'll reach the right "balanced" view on this Sahabi. This prejudice is easy to fall prey to and a dastardly act of villainy to fleece lay people who to take the bait. May Allah Ta’ala protect the Ummah from these wolves in sheepskin who  ravage, pillage and plunder the Imaan and the Akhlaaq of the ignorant and unwary.

Your research is devoid of all the facts, and is fit for the trash.

It means Imam Ahmed, Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam Nasai, Imam Ibn Jouzi and others also have shia infested germs. I am just quoting them. They are one who said such things. Before blaming on me, blame all those scholars. Do justice.

Brother,  and instead of showing your emotions, show me facts in response to evidences that I have shared above.

Farid

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »
Interesting post, brother Fahad.

I have a couple of questions and I would like you to elaborate on some matters.

As you are aware, accepting someone as pious and just does not rely solely on hadiths. The merits of Muawiyah can be found from the tongues of his contemporaries and early scholars, which clearly illustrate that he had a lot of good in him. As you know, Omar saw him fit for ruling Sham. Ibn Abbas referred to him as a faqeeh. He is also praised by the likes of Ibn Al Mubarak, Ahmad, and Abu Zur'ah.

In light of that, what leads you to the conclusion that they "changed and left many sunnahs of Prophet (s.a.w.w) due to their hatred towards Maula Ali a.s, also adopted many prohibited things etc."

Perhaps your strangest statement was your view that "perhaps he is the only major reason of rift and conflits among shias and sunnies."

I can assure you that even if I were to hate Mu'awiyah, it will not save me from hellfire according to Shiasm since I reject the Imamah of the Imams.

fgss

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 06:08:20 AM »
Interesting post, brother Fahad.

I have a couple of questions and I would like you to elaborate on some matters.

As you are aware, accepting someone as pious and just does not rely solely on hadiths. The merits of Muawiyah can be found from the tongues of his contemporaries and early scholars, which clearly illustrate that he had a lot of good in him. As you know, Omar saw him fit for ruling Sham. Ibn Abbas referred to him as a faqeeh. He is also praised by the likes of Ibn Al Mubarak, Ahmad, and Abu Zur'ah.

In light of that, what leads you to the conclusion that they "changed and left many sunnahs of Prophet (s.a.w.w) due to their hatred towards Maula Ali a.s, also adopted many prohibited things etc."

Perhaps your strangest statement was your view that "perhaps he is the only major reason of rift and conflits among shias and sunnies."

I can assure you that even if I were to hate Mu'awiyah, it will not save me from hellfire according to Shiasm since I reject the Imamah of the Imams.

Brother, hadith (Sayings of Prophet s.a.w.w) is also revelation, if proved authentic. After Quran, hadith is the major source of knowledge and guidance. And there are plenty of authentic ahadith against Muawiya. How can we deny those facts.

While merits of Muawiyah from some of his contemporaries and early scholars are not based on facts. Its their own opinion. May be they were unaware of certain hadith or histroical facts about him. Same way as some sahabah were unaware about many things like prohibition of Mutah, but when informed about the hadith they accept it. If you consider majority of scholars they were of the opinion as I quoted above. I am just following what is authentic as per manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah and majority of scholars of first 300 hijrah years.

My conclusion is based on ahadith and things that he did during the caliphate of Maula Ali a.s and during his own kingship of 20 years. Before that time he may have done many good things, no doubt about that. But the bad things are more (both in quantity and quality) as compared to good things he did before caliphate of MAula Ali a.s.

And my statement "perhaps he is the only major reason of rift and conflits among shias and sunnies." is because I did not want to be too definite in expressing the fact.

Brother, we are not bound to accept every wrong belief of shias. But atleast we have to accept the facts and to be witness on that. Loving or hating him is not the criteria of going to Jannah, nor belief in Imamat is the criteria. I neither love him nor hate him. I am on path of majority of Ahlul Sunnah scholars.

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »
Read the hadith from Abu Dawud properly. Nothing in that hadith suggests that it was a common occurrnce, in fact quite the opposite as it is recording a single incident and the Sahabi in the hadith as the narrator doesn't know who he's insulting (not cursing). If this was common he woukd not be surprised and probably would already have guessed who was being abused, this shows the strangeness of the event.

Not just that but theres nothing to say it was instigated by Mu'awiyah. Also there are many similar ahadith about those who insult mu'awiyah

Farid

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »
@ Fahad: You said:

And there are plenty of authentic ahadith against Muawiya.

I am not aware of any. Your original posts includes evidences of matters that suggest his fisq. However, you did not provide any authentic hadith in which the Prophet peace be upon him condemned Muawiyah. Therefore, it is your ijtihaad versus the ijtihaad of the scholars I mentioned in my first post.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »
Read the hadith from Abu Dawud properly. Nothing in that hadith suggests that it was a common occurrnce, in fact quite the opposite as it is recording a single incident and the Sahabi in the hadith as the narrator doesn't know who he's insulting (not cursing). If this was common he woukd not be surprised and probably would already have guessed who was being abused, this shows the strangeness of the event.

Not just that but theres nothing to say it was instigated by Mu'awiyah. Also there are many similar ahadith about those who insult mu'awiyah

Thank you brother, and there is no mention of Mu'awiyah (RA). What's even more bogus is he believes the narration is a representation of Imam Abu Dawood's (RA) view on Mu'awiyah (RA).

The same is the case with Imam Muslim (RA). Just because he's sharing this Hadith doesn't mean he holds Mu'awiyah (RA) in negative light. Quite on the contrary.

Allamah Nawawi (RA), the popular commentator of Sahih Muslim writes that this was not a command to Sa’d to revile ‘Ali (RA).

Mu’awiyah (RA) was merely asking Sa’d (RA) why he didn’t join in with the others who were reviling ‘Ali (RA).

It was to test him and enquire his reasons, rather than to spur him on.

(Sharhun Nawawi, Hadith: 6170)

One should be vigilant of mistranslations of Hadiths, especially those that apparently contradict the mainstream school of thought. This includes the likes of Fahad Sani.

Many a time, a review of the original text, and the commentary of the reliable scholars clears up the unfounded misrepresentations.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:57:12 PM by Imam Ali »

fgss

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 01:53:01 PM »

It was common occurence from perspective of those who started and supported such innovation. That's why Sa'id bn Zaid said, Don't I see that the companions of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) are being abused, but you neither stop it nor do anything about it? Their silence was due to their hatred towards Ali. Said bin Zaid reacted due to his love and concern for Ali. Similarly you are reacting and showing support here due to your love and concern for Muawiya. There is no need to hide/defend the historical facts.

There are many other narrations which clarify who instigated all this. Cursing and showing hatred towards Ali was common tradition of Banu Ummayah.

It was narrated that Saeed bin Jubair said:
"I was with Ibn Abbas in Arafat and he said: 'Why do I not hear the people reciting Talbiyah?' I said: They are afraid of Muawiyah.' So Ibn Abbas went out of his tent and said: "Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik, Labbaik! They are only forsaking the Sunnah out of hatred for Ali.'" SUNAN NASAI 3006

Prophet said: Only a hypocrite will hate Ali. Its very clear.

Zirr reported:
'Ali observed: By Him Who split up the seed and created something living, the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) gave me a promise that no one but a believer would love me, and none but a hypocrite would nurse grudge against me. SAHIH MUSLIM 78.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 02:33:29 PM »
Authentic, and sound Ahadith on this great Sahabi.

1) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam): "O Allah! Teach Mu’awiyah the Book and arithmetic, and protect him
from the Punishment".

اللهم علم معاوية الكتاب والحساب وقه العذاب

2) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "O Allah! Teach him (Mu’awiyah) the Book and arithmetic, and grant him authority over cities and protect him from the Punishment".

اللهم علمه الكتاب والحساب ومكن له في البلاد وقه سوء العذاب

3) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "O Allah! Make him a guide, guided (to the right path), and guide
(others) through him".

اللهم اجعله هاديا مهديا و اهد به

1) This Hadith is recorded by Imam Ahmad (rahimahullah) and others. Imam ibn Khuzaymah and Imam ibn Hibban (rahimahumallah) have declared the Hadith as authentic (sahih).

(Musnad Ahmad, vol. 4 pg. 127, Sahih ibn Khuzaymah, Hadith: 1938 and Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 7210. Also see: Al Muntakhab Minal ‘Ilal Lil Khallal of Hafiz Ibn Qudamah Al Maqdisi, pg. 234, Hadith: 141, Siyaru A’alamin Nubala, vol. 3 pg. 124 and Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 9 pg.356)

2) This is a combination of two narrations. Imam Tabarani (rahimahullah) has recorded both (mursalan). Hafiz Haythami (rahimahullah) states that the narrators are declared reliable, although there is a difference of opinion regarding some of the narrators.

(Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 1065 and 1066 -volume: 19-. Refer: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 9 pg. 356/7. Also see Siyaru A’alamin Nubala, vol. 3 pg. 124/5)

3) Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration on the authority of Sayyiduna ‘Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Amirah (radiyallahu ‘anhu). He has declared this Hadith sound (hasan).

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3842)

fgss

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 03:57:49 PM »
@ Fahad: You said:

And there are plenty of authentic ahadith against Muawiya.

I am not aware of any. Your original posts includes evidences of matters that suggest his fisq. However, you did not provide any authentic hadith in which the Prophet peace be upon him condemned Muawiyah. Therefore, it is your ijtihaad versus the ijtihaad of the scholars I mentioned in my first post.

Firstly, the fact that there is no any single authentic narration in praise of Muawiya from Prophet s.a.w.w, as confirmed by many prominent rijal scholars, is enough to understand that a big fraud has been done to Islam. Many fake books were written in praise of him. Not few narrations but books, which are nothing but lies on name of Prophet s.a.w.w. Still people are involved in writing such fake books. May Allah guide them.

Secondly, yes there are plenty of authentic ahadith which applys to none other than Muawiya.
One was mentioned in evidence 1 above, Masnad Ahmed bin Hanbal (Hadith # 18430).
Muawiya was the first in the category of cruel rulership. Examine his 20 years of rule, its full of evidences.
It was a prophecy which became applicale on him.

Thirdly, Its not only my Ijtehad. But ijtehad of majority of ahlul sunnah scholars including Sahabah versus ijtehad of some other scholars. I am following majority of scholars as I mentioned in main post.

Brother, what are your views about Muawiya? How you consider Him? Based on your research & study?

fgss

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 04:05:47 PM »
Thank you brother, and there is no mention of Mu'awiyah (RA). What's even more bogus is he believes the narration is a representation of Imam Abu Dawood's (RA) view on Mu'awiyah (RA).

The same is the case with Imam Muslim (RA). Just because he's sharing this Hadith doesn't mean he holds Mu'awiyah (RA) in negative light. Quite on the contrary.

Allamah Nawawi (RA), the popular commentator of Sahih Muslim writes that this was not a command to Sa’d to revile ‘Ali (RA).

Mu’awiyah (RA) was merely asking Sa’d (RA) why he didn’t join in with the others who were reviling ‘Ali (RA).

One should be vigilant of mistranslations of Hadiths, especially those that apparently contradict the mainstream school of thought. This includes the likes of Fahad Sani.

Many a time, a review of the original text, and the commentary of the reliable scholars clears up the unfounded misrepresentations.

I respect Imam Nawawi (RA) but I dont follow him blindly in everything. I am not his muqalid or of any other scholar. Whatever he has said about narration of Muslim is totally based on his assumptions (with due respect). He was not the eye witness of that incident. He was born centuries after that (631–676 A.H). What about scholars before him. No one else defend him with such lame excuses.

Quran and Hadith are authority, not their commentaries. Which are mostly based on author's own understanding and knowledge, which may or may not be true. Also if you analyze multiple commentaries you will see difference of opinions.

You quoted:

BUT TEST FOR WHAT?
Instead of stoping those who were involved in cursing Ali. He is testing and insisting Saad that why he is not joining those people? Nice test?

And I am not the only one who is saying this. I am just following the true manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah about Muawiya bin Abu Sufiyan. Nothing else. No any personal desires.

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted. Surah Nisa – 135
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:28:16 PM by Fahad Sani »

fgss

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »

1) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam): "O Allah! Teach Mu’awiyah the Book and arithmetic, and protect him
from the Punishment".

2) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "O Allah! Teach him (Mu’awiyah) the Book and arithmetic, and grant him authority over cities and protect him from the Punishment".

3) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "O Allah! Make him a guide, guided (to the right path), and guide
(others) through him".

1) This Hadith is recorded by Imam Ahmad (rahimahullah) and others. Imam ibn Khuzaymah and Imam ibn Hibban (rahimahumallah) have declared the Hadith as authentic (sahih).

(Musnad Ahmad, vol. 4 pg. 127, Sahih ibn Khuzaymah, Hadith: 1938 and Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 7210. Also see: Al Muntakhab Minal ‘Ilal Lil Khallal of Hafiz Ibn Qudamah Al Maqdisi, pg. 234, Hadith: 141, Siyaru A’alamin Nubala, vol. 3 pg. 124 and Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 9 pg.356)

2) This is a combination of two narrations. Imam Tabarani (rahimahullah) has recorded both (mursalan). Hafiz Haythami (rahimahullah) states that the narrators are declared reliable, although there is a difference of opinion regarding some of the narrators.

(Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 1065 and 1066 -volume: 19-. Refer: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 9 pg. 356/7. Also see Siyaru A’alamin Nubala, vol. 3 pg. 124/5)

3) Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration on the authority of Sayyiduna ‘Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Amirah (radiyallahu ‘anhu). He has declared this Hadith sound (hasan).

Brother, all these are supplications of Prophet s.a.w.w. Its not necessary that every dua of Prophet must be accepted by Allah. there are evidences on that both from Quran and hadith.

Based on historical facts he was invloved in cursing Maula Ali and abandoned many sunnahs of Prophet.

Consider this narration:
He left Sunnah of Prophet just because of his hatred for Ali. Also forced others to do so.

"I was with Ibn Abbas in Arafat and he said: 'Why do I not hear the people reciting Talbiyah?' I said: They are afraid of Muawiyah.' So Ibn Abbas went out of his tent and said: "Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik, Labbaik! They are only forsaking the Sunnah out of hatred for Ali.'" SUNAN NASAI 3006

How he was guided? It means prayer was not accepted by Allah.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 04:50:30 PM »

I respect Imam Nawawi (RA) but I dont follow him blindly in everything. I am not his muqalid or of any other scholar. Whatever he has said about narration of Muslim is totally based on his assumptions (with due respect). He was not the eye witness of that incident. He was born centuries after that (631–676 A.H). What about scholars before him. No one else defend him with such lame excuses.

Quran and Hadith are authority, not their commentaries. Which are mostly based on author's own understanding and knowledge, which may or may not be true. Also if you analyze multiple commentaries you will see difference of opinions.

You quoted:

BUT TEST FOR WHAT?
Instead of stoping those who were involved in cursing Ali. He is testing and insisting Saad that why he is not joining those people? Nice test?

And I am not the only one who is saying this. I am just following the true manhaj of Ahlul Sunnah about Muawiya bin Abu Sufiyan. Nothing else. No any personal desires.

Refer to the reference for further details that will address, and/or clarify all your concerns.

Neither were any scholars who came before him were present in the time of Mu'awiyah (RA).

Imam Nawawai (RA) is renowned as the greatest commentator of Sahih Muslim, therefore his opinion holds more weight than a Rafidhi polluted viewpoint such as yours. If you do further research you'll find other Hadith scholar echo similar sentiments.

This Sahabi was referred to as the "uncle of the believers" by many of the Salaf.

It was narrated from Abu Taalib that he asked Abu ‘Abd-Allaah – Ahmad ibn Hanbal – about saying “Mu’aawiyah the maternal uncle of the believers” or “Ibn ‘Umar the maternal uncle of the believers”. He said: Yes, Mu’aawiyah was the brother of Umm Habeebah bint Abi Sufyaan, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him and may Allaah have mercy on her), and Ibn ‘Umar was the brother of Hafsah the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him and may Allaah have mercy on her). I said: Can I say Mu’aawiyah the maternal uncle of the believers? He said: Yes.

Al-Sunnah by al-Khallaal (2/433), Dar al-Raayah edition.

It was narrated from Haroon ibn ‘Abd-Allaah that he said to Abu ‘Abd-Allaah –Ahmad ibn Hanbal - : A letter came to me from al-Raqqah saying that some people say: We do not say that Mu’aawiyah was the maternal uncle of the believers. He got angry and said: Why are they objecting to this matter? They should be shunned until they repent. 

Al-Sunnah by al-Khallaal (2/434).

It was narrated from Muhammad ibn Abi Haroon and Muhammad ibn Abi Ja’far that Abu’l-Haarith told them: We sent a note to Abu ‘Abd-Allaah – Ahmad ibn Hanbal – saying: What do you say, may Allaah have mercy on you, about that who say: I will not say that Mu’aawiyah was the scribe of the revelation and I will not say that he was the maternal uncle of the believers, because he took the caliphate by the sword and by force? Abu ‘Abd-Allaah said: These are bad words and these people should be avoided and shunned, and we should warn the people about them.

Al-Sunnah by al-Khallaal (2/434)

It was narrated that Abu Bakr al-Marwadhi said: I said to Abu ‘Abd-Allaah – Ahmad ibn Hanbal – Who is better, Mu’aawiyah or ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez? He said: Mu’aawiyah is better; we do not compare the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to anyone. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of mankind are my generation among whom I was sent.”

Al-Sunnah by al-Khallaal (2/434).

All the isnaads of these reports are saheeh as you will see in the examination of the book by Dr. ‘Atiyah al-Zahraani.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:01:25 PM by Imam Ali »

Optimus Prime

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »

from the Punishment".

(others) through him".

Brother, all these are supplications of Prophet s.a.w.w. Its not necessary that every dua of Prophet must be accepted by Allah. there are evidences on that both from Quran and hadith.

Based on historical facts he was invloved in cursing Maula Ali and abandoned many sunnahs of Prophet.

Consider this narration:
He left Sunnah of Prophet just because of his hatred for Ali. Also forced others to do so.

Anyone who was worthy of an exclusive praise/du'a of the Prophet (SAW) means he was someone of virtuous fibre. The fact whether the du'a was accepted or not is irrelevant in this case as we're discussing whether Mu'awiyah (RA) had any virtues.

So, your understanding of the narrations are also fit for the trash.

That narration is not authentic, and has been refuted here:

http://jamiat.org.za/explanation-of-the-following-hadith-on-ali-muawiya-ra/

1. Allama Zahabi  ,an expert in Rijaal states the following about Khalid bin Makhlad:

رتبته عند الذهبي :  قال أبو داود : صدوق يتشيع ، و قال أحمد و غيره : له مناكير

Imam Abu Dawood has stated that he was a truthful person. However he was a Shia and Imam Ahmad has stated that he had narrated Munkar (unacceptable Ahadith). [ Tahzibul kamaal, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah,Beirut p: 367, Meezanul I’tidal, Darul Ma’rifa ,Beirut ,V:1 Pg: 640]

1. Ibn Saad, another expert in Rijaal states about Khalid bin Makhlad:

وقال ابن سعد: منكر الحديث، مفرط في التشيع

“He is declared as Munkarul Hadith (narrating unacceptable narrations) and an      extremist Shia.[ Meezanul I’tidal, Darul Ma’rifa, Beirut, V: 1 Pg: 640]

According to the principle of hadith, a narration by an innovator (Ahle-Bidah) is rejected if his bidah leads to Kufr. If his bidah leads to transgression (Fisq), his narration will be considered if he does not promote his bidah.

The narration in reference by Khalid bin Makhlad clearly promotes the Shia belief of hatred for Hazrat Muawiyya Radiallahu Anhu. Therefore, the narration is not acceptable.

Contrary to the hatred expressed in the narration in reference, Hazrat Abdullah Ibn Abbas Radiallahu Anhu had praised Hazrat Muawiyya Radiallahu Anhu. See the following hadiths:

Hadith 1

حَدَّثَنَا الْحَسَنُ بْنُ بِشْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا الْمُعَافَى، عَنْ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ الأَسْوَدِ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، قَالَ أَوْتَرَ مُعَاوِيَةُ بَعْدَ الْعِشَاءِ بِرَكْعَةٍ وَعِنْدَهُ مَوْلًى لاِبْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، فَأَتَى ابْنَ عَبَّاسٍ فَقَالَ دَعْهُ، فَإِنَّهُ صَحِبَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم‏.)‏( Sahih al-Bukhari 3764

Ibn Abi Mulaika narrates:

Hazrat Muawiyya offered one rak`a witr prayer after the `Isha prayer, and at that time a freed slave of Ibn `Abbas was present. He (i.e. the slave) went to Ibn `Abbas (and told him that Muawiyya offered one rak`a witr prayer). Ibn `Abbas said, “Leave him, for he was in the company of Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ).”

Hadith 2

حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي مَرْيَمَ، حَدَّثَنَا نَافِعُ بْنُ عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنِي ابْنُ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، قِيلَ لاِبْنِ عَبَّاسٍ هَلْ لَكَ فِي أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ مُعَاوِيَةَ، فَإِنَّهُ مَا أَوْتَرَ إِلاَّ بِوَاحِدَةٍ‏.‏ قَالَ إِنَّهُ فَقِيهٌ‏

(Sahih al-Bukhari 3765) ‏

Ibn Abi Mulaika narrates:

Somebody said to Ibn `Abbas, “Can you speak to the chief of the believers Muwaiyya, as he does not pray except one rak`a as witr?” Ibn `Abbas replied, “He is a Faqih (i.e. a learned man who can give religious verdicts).”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
"Maula Mu'awiyah AS" is in Jannah.  8)

Narrated Khalid bin Madan: That 'Umair bin Al-Aswad Al-Anasi told him that he went to 'Ubada bin As-Samit while he was staying in his house at the sea-shore of Hims with (his wife) Um Haram. 'Umair said. Um Haram informed us that she heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "Paradise is granted to the first batch of my followers who will undertake a naval expedition."

Sahih al-Bukhari 2924

The proof that Mu'awiya (RA) was the FIRST one.

Umm Haram said:

فَقَالَتْ : ادْع اللَّهَ أَنْ يَجْعَلَنِي مِنْهُمْ ، فَقَالَ : أَنْتِ مِنْ الْأَوَّلِينَ ؛ فَخَرَجَت مَعَ زَوْجِهَا عُبَادَة بْنِ الصَّامِتِ غَازِيًا أَوَّل مَا رَكِبَ الْمُسْلِمُونَ الْبَحْرَ مَعَ مُعَاوِيَةَ

"Invoke Allah to make me one of them." He said, "You are among the first batch." Later on it happened that she went out in the company of her husband 'Ubada bin As-Samit who went for Jihad and it was the FIRST TIME the Muslims undertook a naval expedition LED BY MU'AWIYA.

Sahih al-Bukhari 2799

More details can be found in Fateh al-Baree (6-127). :D 

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 06:31:36 PM »

Consider this narration:

The point the brother was making was that the du'ah shows the Prophet not only intended for Mu'awiyah to be a ruler (showing that the prophet trusted him greatly) but that he wishes success for him.

Now how can the Prophet do this if he's a nasibi or someone who was tyrannical? This immature narrative of righteous 'Ali being slandered and oppressed by Evil Mu'awiyah makes no sense and is a very biased way of approaching history.

Notice how the Prophet gives du'a for Mu'awiyah but not the Tyrant Kuffar of the Mecca. He cannot be considered an enemy by the prophet then.

And about your comment that he left the Sunnah for hatred of 'Ali and forced others to do so. This contradicts your own evidences as Sa'd even according to your translation and view of the Hadith was not forced to allegedly curse 'Ali. There is not a single narration you can find to show Mu'awiyah forcing people to abuse 'Ali.

Ask yourself this. If Mu'awiyah hated 'Ali, how come according to Nahj al-Balagha he cries upon hearing of his death? And why did Mu'awiyah not disrupt 'Ali's funeral or burial? Could it be because both him and 'Ali were Muslims?

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »

It was common occurence from perspective of those who started and supported such innovation. That's why Sa'id bn Zaid said, Don't I see that the companions of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) are being abused, but you neither stop it nor do anything about it? Their silence was due to their hatred towards Ali. Said bin Zaid reacted due to his love and concern for Ali. Similarly you are reacting and showing support here due to your love and concern for Muawiya. There is no need to hide/defend the historical facts.

There are many other narrations which clarify who instigated all this. Cursing and showing hatred towards Ali was common tradition of Banu Ummayah.

Prophet said: Only a hypocrite will hate Ali. Its very clear.

Zirr reported:
'Ali observed: By Him Who split up the seed and created something living, the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) gave me a promise that no one but a believer would love me, and none but a hypocrite would nurse grudge against me. SAHIH MUSLIM 78.

Not really. You'll never find a Hadith where it says Mu'awiyah told people to curse 'Ali. So you need to give evidence they were instigating it because you are using a guilty till proven innocent method by saying his silence is proof of instigation. In a court if your proof for the crime of slander is that they were silent when other people were slandering you, you'd be laughed at.

Secondly quote the part in the hadith from sunnah.org or something which implies it being a regular occurrence. Also please dont try and insult me for loving Mu'awiyah because I'm proud I respect him and in his rule he achieved more for Islam than any Muslim leader who came after him. You are biased against Mu'awiyah because you"ve been reading too much rafidi material on the intermet.

I ask you to find me where Mu'awiyah shows any hatred of 'Ali in an authentic Hadith.