TwelverShia.net Forum

Crazy fatwa from Sistani : artificial insemination

al-kulayni

Crazy fatwa from Sistani : artificial insemination
« on: February 08, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
Assalamu Aleykum

Could anyone translate this fawta from sistani about artificial insemination of a woman from a plant or an animal, sistani say it's ok !

. السؤال:
لو تم استخراج المني - فرضا - من النبات أو الحيوان هل يجوز تلقيح المرأة به؟
الجواب:
يجوز في حد ذاته.

:o :o :o

link (number 2724) : http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%AA%D8%A8/755_%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%A1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9_685#top

(number 353 : http://www.alseraj.net/ar/fikh/2/?F6PKRpzV5S1075094331&331&360&12)

Farid

Re: Crazy fatwa from Sistani : artificial insemination
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 11:01:08 PM »
Translation:

If one were to hypothetically extract semen from an animal or a plant, can it be used to make a woman fertile?

Answer:

That, in itself, is permissible.

al-kulayni

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:34:16 AM »
Thank you akhi Farid, what do you think about this fatwa from ayatullah frankenstein ?

Farid

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:09:06 AM »
Hahah. Just a crazy fatwa. I don't think this makes him a sicko, but just a confused old man.

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
  • May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:49:15 PM »
What's funny is that he did not even provide a single evidence for his fatwa, not even a Shi'i narration!!

Take a look at Sheikh Ibn-Baz's fatwas (رحمه الله):

www.binbaz.org.sa

Look at the proof/evidences he brings when giving a fatwa!
May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth. Ameen.

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

Sheikh

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 06:27:22 AM »
There have been some pretty strange fatawa from Sunni scholars too. I think that they (the scholars) merely reply to every question that is asked and some of the questions are so lopsided that the answer is also silly.

For example, there is nothing in the Qur'an or Sunnah that specifically prohibits insemination from a plant (since such a thing is an impossibility). Therefore, it is allowed since there is nothing that forbids it. I guess you could say that the woman must marry the plant first, but that raises other issues (i.e. How would the plant give it's consent?)

What I am saying is that silly fatawa should not be used to discredit an entire sect. There are much better ways to refute the Rafida than this. And, it's like throwing stones in a glass house. Our scholars have given some pretty funny rulings too.

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 08:09:12 AM »
Our scholars have given some pretty funny rulings too.

Like?

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

Sheikh

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 03:42:54 PM »
Our scholars have given some pretty funny rulings too.

Like?

Sheikh al-Munajid said that Mickey Mouse (a fictional character) is wajib ul-Qatl (obligatory for Muslims to kill).

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 12:11:46 AM »
Sheikh al-Munajid said that Mickey Mouse (a fictional character) is wajib ul-Qatl (obligatory for Muslims to kill).

Read this: https://islamqa.info/en/2896

al-kulayni

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 01:36:26 AM »

Please, before talking about something, take the time to check what was really said by this scholar. He never said to kill mickey mouse :

About the crazy fatwa from Sistani, even the artificial insemination by another man is forbidden in Islam when the husband can't procreate with his wife because in islam an-Nassab (lineage/family) is very important and then you came here to say that nothing in the quran and the sunna forbid this act (to be inseminate by a plant or an animal  :P), well bro i'm sorry for you but you must learn your religion before saying something like that.

wa salam

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 04:02:43 AM »

Please, before talking about something, take the time to check what was really said by this scholar. He never said to kill mickey mouse :

About the crazy fatwa from Sistani, even the artificial insemination by another man is forbidden in Islam when the husband can't procreate with his wife because in islam an-Nassab (lineage/family) is very important and then you came here to say that nothing in the quran and the sunna forbid this act (to be inseminate by a plant or an animal  :P), well bro i'm sorry for you but you must learn your religion before saying something like that.

wa salam

Jazakallah khair brother, I forgot to put a link to the video, thank you.