TwelverShia.net Forum

Fake Ali Quotes

Husayn

Fake Ali Quotes
« on: September 23, 2014, 07:54:45 AM »
A famous trend of the Shi'a, which has been happening since they first appeared, is attributing false sayings to Ahlul Bayt - and especially 'Ali (RA). You will find all sorts of inspiring quotes attributed to him, and most of the time a simple google search will reveal that it was either said by someone else, or was never said at all.

The funny thing is, though, sometimes you will see them attribute sayings to 'Ali (RA) that completely go against the actions that they believed he did.

For e.g.:

Apparently Shia Ali bin Abu Talib said the following:

Simple question - if Shia Ali bin Abu Talib really said this, then wouldn't it be hypocritical? Did 'Ali not "adopt patience" during his oppression (his Khilafa being snatched away, Fatima being beaten up, Fadak stolen - wal 'iyathu bil Lah) - i.e. live like a sheep?

No, Shia 'Ali could never had said something like this.

Sunni 'Ali, however, I can definitely see saying something like this. Sunni 'Ali lived like this all the time - he never let someone deny him what he believed were his rights.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:00:11 AM by Husayn »
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Farid

Re: Fake Ali Quotes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »
I thought this was going to be a Nahj Al-Balagha thread. *smirks*

I've mentioned this before, but this is what one can expect from people who believe that one can attribute anything that sounds eloquent to Ali since "no normal human being can be that eloquent." Very academic.

Hani

Re: Fake Ali Quotes
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Shia political leaders manipulate their followers actions, when they want them to sit and be quiet they remind them of Ja`far and `Ali bin Husayn, when they want them to protest they remind them of Zaynab, when they want them to fight they remind them of Husayn.

And yes Farid, this topic is related to Nahj-al-Balagha because this is how it was compiled, they'd place anything that sounds good in it.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear