TwelverShia.net Forum

FAO Shias: is this how you practice Ashura?

Optimus Prime

FAO Shias: is this how you practice Ashura?
« on: September 30, 2017, 07:15:43 PM »
Is this how you, and your clique celebrate the infamous day of Ashura?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXFp9HEerhk

iceman

Re: FAO Shias: is this how you practice Ashura?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »

We commemorate the martyrdom of Hussain and his followers. People do it in their own way and it depends what region they're from, the customs and tradions there. If you have an issue in commemorating one way than by all means do it the other way. It was just a few who opposed Yazeed and what this disastrous system (khilafat), which Saqifa brought about, brings. The rest were either too hesitant or afraid or just simply cowards.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 11:48:40 PM »

We commemorate the martyrdom of Hussain and his followers. People do it in their own way and it depends what region they're from, the customs and tradions there. If you have an issue in commemorating one way than by all means do it the other way. It was just a few who opposed Yazeed and what this disastrous system (khilafat), which Saqifa brought about, brings. The rest were either too hesitant or afraid or just simply cowards.

I think most will just laugh hysterically, when watching a bunch of juvenile delinquents behave more comically than the Tasmanian Devil, LOL.

iceman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 12:01:31 AM »

I think most will just laugh hysterically, when watching a bunch of juvenile delinquents behave more comically than the Tasmanian Devil, LOL.

Well let them laugh. It's not going to bother us along with what ever you think. No chance of an ntellectual discussion here. Not even worth responding to.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:07:02 AM »

Well let them laugh. It's not going to bother us along with what ever you think. No chance of an ntellectual discussion here. Not even worth responding to.

We will - make no mistake about it.

Next Shi'i, please.

iceman

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:10:43 AM »

We will - make no mistake about it.

Next Shi'i, please.

The Shias are only up for intellectual  discussions. You'll have to look for someone with your mentality and level.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 01:28:05 AM »
Move along lad.

Shias are bereft of any intelligence which, is why they self-flagellate themselves. Something you'd see from an Itchy, and Scratchy show.  ;D

I'm confident more Shias will come out of their nest and offer their point of view. :)

iceman

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 01:38:39 AM »
Move along lad.

Shias are bereft of any intelligence which, is why they self-flagellate themselves. Something you'd see from an Itchy, and Scratchy show.  ;D

I'm confident more Shias will come out of their nest and offer their point of view. :)

I'm still here kid. What you ask has been answered many times over. Let me answer it again since you clearly lack in understanding. People not just Muslims, people who are familiar with the incident of Karbalaa commemorate his martyrdom and sacrifice in their own way, fashion and manner. What do you exactly want to prove here? What are you looking for?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 01:44:04 AM »
Move along lad.

I'm still here kid. What you ask has been answered many times over. Let me answer it again since you clearly lack in understanding. People not just Muslims, people who are familiar with the incident of Karbalaa commemorate his martyrdom and sacrifice in their own way, fashion and manner. What do you exactly want to prove here? What are you looking for?

You'll see, as the thread progresses! :D

Link

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »
I don't participate in any community activities as of now.  Too many innovations practiced, the Khums is an innovation as I showed and it's pattern that misguiding leaders always use the chosen ones (Prophets in the past) as a means to justify why people should give them money even though Quran shows Prophets never asked a wage, and the whole structure is to make people feel like they are living to 42:23, when really they using the chosen kin of Mohammad as a means to obey Taghut and believe in the Jibt.

The instructions from Ahlulbayt (as) on to narrate the traditions, counsel one another regarding them, refer ahadith back to Quran to make sure Quran verifies them as everything in Quran some way or another, it's as if that all that is not important...the instructions not to march behind men, its as if that is not important.

We rather just fight endlessly and aimlessly and believe all our blood we are giving is for the sake of God and Ahlulbayt's cause.

Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Mythbuster1

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »
Astaghfirullah it's more like blood sacrifice

What is the point of harming yourself? It doesn't benefit imam Hussein ra, He ra is a martyr and martyrs NEVER DIE in Islam so to commemorate what death???? He imam a Hussein ra maybe dead to Shiites hence they keep hitting themselves and read emotional stories and unauthentic proofs to there Shiite followers cry on hate and anger and work themselves up in a mad frenzy and the end result is this freak show.

I have 2 points

1) is it to commemorate the martyrdom? Which can be done without blood as in lectures and talks and remembering this awful day and time and gaining education

2) is it to go through the pain as imam Hussein ra did and try and equate the same pain while in mourning......then the noble head of imam Hussein ra was decapitated.........why don't shia who are splitting heads with swords do the same?? Hypocrisy!!!

I don't see any other point to this madness its barbaric it's not Islamic

Allah swt doesn't need your blood nor the prophet saw, so what is the point??

Matam is Ridiculous and anyone who supports it does it without any quranic or prophetic injunction

It's called picking and choosing and making halal which is haram in Islam.........yes hitting yourself or cutting yourself with knives is haram.......sunni kids will tell you it's not in the Quran unless Shiite kids follow sumert else, and if you died while you cut yourself doing this kind of Matam thing no doubt you will enter hell no imams can save you then.

Quran

Let not your own hands contribute to your destruction

Hadrami

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 12:24:19 AM »
plain in simple, its a paganistic ritual for a pagan belief