TwelverShia.net Forum

Hassan Mohammed and His Faulty Premises

muslim720

Hassan Mohammed and His Faulty Premises
« on: September 27, 2019, 04:17:00 AM »
Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Michelin Man aka Hassan Mohammed - who came to debate everyone at Hyde's Park and then went into hiding - has offered the following reasoning why visiting Imam Hussain (ra) is more virtuous than going on Hajj.

Here are two problems with his premises:

1.  Who said visiting Imam Hussain (ra) is mustahab?  From what I know, acts of Sunnah are mustahab!  How can something which the Holy Prophet (saw) did not do be defined as "mustahab"?

2.  Who said the reward for mustahab is greater than the reward for a wajib act?  He fallaciously claims that there are no ahaadith highlighting the rewards for fasting during Ramadan.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Every deed of the son of Adam will be multiplied between ten and seven hundred times.  Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, said: Except fasting.  It is for Me and I shall reward for it.  He gives up his desires and his food for My sake.”  (Sahih Muslim)

When Allah (swt) says "I shall reward it", it is His Way of letting us know that the reward for fasting is more than we can imagine.

In conclusion, an argument is made up of premises and a conclusion.  A conclusion based on false premises is a weak argument altogether.
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

muslim720

Re: Hassan Mohammed and His Faulty Premises
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 04:18:24 AM »
Here is his erroneous conclusion.

"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

muslim720

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 02:17:18 PM »
I stand corrected.  He did not say "there are no ahaadith highlighting the rewards for fasting"; rather he said, "for example, you don't see much emphasis on the reward of fasting".

There is far more emphasis on the reward of fasting than visiting Karbala coming to us by way of the Holy Prophet (saw).

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 06:49:26 PM »
Here is his erroneous conclusion.

His terrible conclusion is so contradictory.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com