TwelverShia.net Forum

History of Usoolism and Akhbarism

Bolani Muslim

History of Usoolism and Akhbarism
« on: December 09, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »
Salaam Guys
Is their any info on where these sects emerge from and why? What are the differences (besides marja taqlid) and are either of them the 'correct' Shiaism. What sect did the early scholars of Shiaism side with? My interest was sparked by a post by Tahasyed/Tilmeedh on Sunniforum. The only thing I know is that Usoolis took over Akhbari dominated lands by threatening them with takfir.

It's true - the majority of shias today are non/aniti-akhbari.
However, the great bulk (i.e. virtually all) of the shias of early times were akhbari.
Take the example of Kulayni, who makes it very clear in his muqaddamah of Al-Kafi that he believed in every hadith he included in his Al-Kafi.
Or the example of his teacher Ibrahim al-Qummi, who also stated that everything in his Tafsir was authentic, and this was also accepted by Kulayni as well as later shia scholars. Interestingly, this tafsir of Al-Qummi has many 'ahadith' that show that the Quran has been tampered with, and contemporary shia scholars now reject this, saying that this has been fabricated and put into the Tafsir. And yet, this Tafsir is still quoted as a hujjah, and always has been. 
Finally, one needs to look no further than the 'great' Hurr al-Amili, the author of Wasa'il Al-Shia. He makes it VERY clear that the non-akhbari shi'ite tradition was a joke, and that anything non-akhbari was non-consistent and inapplicable in real life.
There were many others, like the 'great' Yusuf al-Bahrani, Al-Jaza'iri, etc etc.
The modern-day ayatollah-system, known as Usooli Shi'ism, did not exist prior to the 19th-20th century.
But thank God for it. An Akhbari is a 'real' shia, but an Usooli is better because at least they reject the elements that constitute very clear Kufr.
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?10953-New-Muslims-who-choose-Shia-Islam/page11#108

Hani

Re: History of Usoolism and Akhbarism
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:39:43 AM »
I had a book by an Akhbari that lists all the differences. i donno its name or if i still have it
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hani

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 02:39:30 AM »
that thread you linked to is a disaster.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 12:25:49 AM »
no one :/

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:22:31 PM »