TwelverShia.net Forum

Iman of Abu Bakar ra and Iblis the same?

Sunni85

Iman of Abu Bakar ra and Iblis the same?
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:38:21 PM »
Shia said

Ibn al-Jawzi, in his al-Muntazam fi al-Tarikh, Hadith Number 876, records:أخبرنا : القزاز ، قال : أخبرنا : أحمد بن علي قال : أخبرنا : عبد الرحمن بن محمد بن عبد الله السراج قال : ، حدثنا : أحمد بن محمد بن عبدوس قال : أخبرنا : أحمد بن سعيد الدارمي قال : ، حدثنا : محبوب بن موسى ، الأنطاكي قال : سمعت أبا إسحاق الفزاري يقول : سمعت أبا حنيفة يقول : إيمان أبي بكر الصديق وإيمان إبليس واحد قال إبليس : يا رب ، وقال أبوبكر : يا رب. Ishaq al-Fazar said: I heard Abu Hanifah saying: “The iman of Abubakr al-Siddiq and the iman of Iblis are one and the same. Iblis said: “O my Lord!”, and Abubakr said, “O my Lord!”

Is this authenthic? What is the context?

Hani

Re: Iman of Abu Bakar ra and Iblis the same?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
It's quite obvious. Iman means to believe, Iblis believes in Allah and sees him, and Abu Bakr's Iman is so strong that he believes in Allah as if he sees him.

goodnight.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Farid

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:59:36 PM »
As Hani said, it implies that Abu Bakr has no doubts in the same way Iblees had no doubts about Allah.

Sunni85

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:27:58 AM »
In my understanding, only believes in Allah without following the commandments is not sufficient let it be if you pious as Abu Bakar ra or transgressor as Iblis

But it is true it is related to the aqeedah of irja' by Abu Haneefah?

Farid

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:36:26 AM »
Inshallah a Hanafi brother can explain this. I would rather not talk about such issues since I haven't studied it.

zichan

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:43:56 AM »
@Sunni85

Similar to this we can find about adam (as) and iblees aswell.

قال أبو حنيفة إيمان آدم وإيمان إبليس واحد قال إبليس رب بما أغويتني وقال رب فانظرني إلى يوم يبعثون وقال آدم ربنا ظلمنا أنفسنا

Abu Hanifah said: “The iman of Adam and the iman of Iblees are one and the same. Iblis said: “My Lord! Because Thou hast sent me astray” and he said: “My Lord! Reprieve me till the day when they are raised.”, and Adam said, “Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves.”

Soccer

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 08:25:50 PM »
Salam

Iblis tricks himself that the God of Mohammad (s) to be an evil Jinn and Iblis is the first Atheist in the sense does not believe in the Ultimate God and Creator.

Iblis recognizes that God of Mohammad (s) is right now the Lord of the worlds, but has hopes and dreams.

He believes similar to what Pharaoh says, when Pharaoh said that he would ascend and look towards the God of Musa (a), meaning reach such power of Musa (a) and defeat the genie giving him power.

Firon is in fact, one who the Qareen is Iblis himself.

So he believed Iblis and him and Shayateen would eventually get the power to reach the power of Musa (a).

Did he truly believe this? No. He lied to himself about it, but only woke up from his deception with the water was about to take him.

Iblis fears God but does not believe that the Lord of the Worlds is the Creator.

He believe the world is controlled by an evil Genie which he refers to "Allah Lord of the worlds", sarcastically,  and that all miracles are power from the evil Genies.

He of course fears the power of Angels and Prophets, so when a person disbelieve in the unseen power of Prophets, he thinks they are fools and is free from them.

Also, Iblis mechanism is not through means in which a person tells himself, "I'm going to be evil for evil sake".

He deceived himself that he is all about self-love and love as opposed to judgment.

He sees judgment and hell as evil, and believes he needs to stop "Allah" lord of the worlds, from putting people in hell.

When subdued on day of judgment, he will realize "I cannot save you nor can you save me", but till that day, he has deceived himself about this.

He tells himself he can save humanity from fire and tells himself he is good and he is the hero for both Jinn and mankind.

The Jinn under him have never saved disbelievers from disasters that came to the cities, but Iblis, would say this is tactical, when he and his forces are ready, they will fight to free all humans and Jinn.

He will overthrow the order of the universe he tells himself.

His TRUE INTENTION BUT DEEP INSIDE WHERE LAYERS OF DECEPTIONS TO HIMSELF KEEP HIM FROM REALIZING, is that HE WANTS PEOPLE TO GO TO HELL WITH HIM AND HAS NO OTHER INTENTION THEN THIS.

But many Jinn and humans believe in him especially people in the occult and magic type spirituality.

By the name of God, the (universally) Compassionate, The (extremely) Compassionate; for the unity of the Togetherness; Is their unity in the journey in the winter and summer. So let them Worship the Lord of this household. The one who fed them from hunger and gave them security from fear.