TwelverShia.net Forum

Iman of Abu Bakar ra and Iblis the same?

Sunni85

Iman of Abu Bakar ra and Iblis the same?
« on: June 01, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
Shia said

Ibn al-Jawzi, in his al-Muntazam fi al-Tarikh, Hadith Number 876, records:أخبرنا : القزاز ، قال : أخبرنا : أحمد بن علي قال : أخبرنا : عبد الرحمن بن محمد بن عبد الله السراج قال : ، حدثنا : أحمد بن محمد بن عبدوس قال : أخبرنا : أحمد بن سعيد الدارمي قال : ، حدثنا : محبوب بن موسى ، الأنطاكي قال : سمعت أبا إسحاق الفزاري يقول : سمعت أبا حنيفة يقول : إيمان أبي بكر الصديق وإيمان إبليس واحد قال إبليس : يا رب ، وقال أبوبكر : يا رب. Ishaq al-Fazar said: I heard Abu Hanifah saying: “The iman of Abubakr al-Siddiq and the iman of Iblis are one and the same. Iblis said: “O my Lord!”, and Abubakr said, “O my Lord!”

Is this authenthic? What is the context?

Hani

Re: Iman of Abu Bakar ra and Iblis the same?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »
It's quite obvious. Iman means to believe, Iblis believes in Allah and sees him, and Abu Bakr's Iman is so strong that he believes in Allah as if he sees him.

goodnight.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Farid

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »
As Hani said, it implies that Abu Bakr has no doubts in the same way Iblees had no doubts about Allah.

Sunni85

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:27:58 AM »
In my understanding, only believes in Allah without following the commandments is not sufficient let it be if you pious as Abu Bakar ra or transgressor as Iblis

But it is true it is related to the aqeedah of irja' by Abu Haneefah?

Farid

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 12:36:26 PM »
Inshallah a Hanafi brother can explain this. I would rather not talk about such issues since I haven't studied it.

zichan

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 12:43:56 PM »
@Sunni85

Similar to this we can find about adam (as) and iblees aswell.

قال أبو حنيفة إيمان آدم وإيمان إبليس واحد قال إبليس رب بما أغويتني وقال رب فانظرني إلى يوم يبعثون وقال آدم ربنا ظلمنا أنفسنا

Abu Hanifah said: “The iman of Adam and the iman of Iblees are one and the same. Iblis said: “My Lord! Because Thou hast sent me astray” and he said: “My Lord! Reprieve me till the day when they are raised.”, and Adam said, “Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves.”