capital according to Ali Yunusi, advisor
to the Iranian President Hassan
Rouhani,” columnist, the General
Manager of Scope Satellite TV
Channel and former MP Talal AlSaeed
wrote for Al-Seyassah daily
Wednesday.]

Source: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/Portals/0/PDF_Files/pdf15/mar/12/04.pdf

"RT" Russia Today (Iran's ally) has reported that Ali Younusi who is the official advisor of the Iranian president was called to court because of this ridiculous statement he made:

استدعت المحكمة الخاصة بعلماء الدين في إيران، علي يونسي مستشار الرئيس الإيراني حسن روحاني للاستفسار بشأن تصريحاته التي وصف فيها بغداد عاصمة لإمبراطورية إيرانية.

[The Iranian court specializing in affairs of religious leaders called on `Ali Younusi, the adviser of the Iranian president Hasan Rouhani to inquire  about the statement he made describing Baghdad as capital of the Iranian empire.]

Source: http://arabic.rt.com/news/777372-%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%B4%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%BA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86/

Even Sistani who is often mute had went out of his way to condemn the statement of the Iranian official:

رفضت المرجعية الدينية العليا في النجف المتمثلة بآية الله علي السيستاني، يوم الجمعة، تصريحات مستشار الرئيس الإيراني للشؤون الدينية والأقليات علي يونسي الذي وصف فيها بلاده بانها “أصبحت إمبراطورية كما كانت سابقا وعاصمتها بغداد”، فيما شددت على ضرورة الحفاظ على هوية واستقلال العراق.

[The high religious reference of Najaf represented by `Ali Sistani has rejected on Friday, the statements made by the adviser of the Iranian president on religious affairs and minorities `Ali Younusi, who had described his country as: "An empire like it was before and Baghdad is its capital." It (Sistani's office) also emphasized on preserving the identity and independence of `Iraq.]

Source: http://www.baghdad-times.net/2015/03/13/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%B1%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%8B-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%86%D8%B3%D9%8A-%D9%86%D8%B1%D8%AD%D8%A8-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%8A-%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%B9/

GUYS MAKE SURE TO SPREAD ALL THREE OF THESE ON FACEBOOK.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Sheikh

Re: Iran wants Baghdad as its capital
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 06:29:06 PM »
Apart from religion, do they have any justification for this?  Iran is Persian.  Iraq is Arab.  They are very different lands, very different people, and very different languages.  Iran would have a better chance going after Afghanistan or Tajikistan or Kurdistan.

Muhammad Tazin

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
Apart from religion, do they have any justification for this?  Iran is Persian.  Iraq is Arab.  They are very different lands, very different people, and very different languages.  Iran would have a better chance going after Afghanistan or Tajikistan or Kurdistan.

In the Pre-Islamic period, MAdayen was the capital of Persian Empire, which is situated in Iraq ;)

Hani

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »
Ahwaz is Arab, Iran will take anything Iran can get, if they can't take a country militarily they'll take it by planting their militias in it, like Lebanon or Nigeria and Yemen etc..
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Ameen

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:43:13 PM »
LOL! I just don't understand where you get these ridiculous ideas from. Well I guess there is no limit to propaganda and no stopping the propagandists. Why Baghdad as its capital, why not Mecca or Madina??? Or may be Fadak or Khaibar???

Furkan

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
We too are shocked ameen, Iran is just crazy right?
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 10:52:42 PM »
Iran aka Shirkistan.

Copyright Ebn Hussein.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:55:30 PM by Imam Ali »

Furkan

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 10:53:29 PM »
skirkistan?
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Ameen

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 10:53:54 PM »
Ahwaz is Arab, Iran will take anything Iran can get, if they can't take a country militarily they'll take it by planting their militias in it, like Lebanon or Nigeria and Yemen etc..

If Iran wanted to it would have at least tried. If one hasn't tried or even bothered to then your statement goes out of the window. Iran doesn't even bother to straighten its ties with the west and this should be a clear sign that Iran stands for Islamic principals and values.

Take a look at Saudi Arabia along with the Arab league and United Arab Emirates, basically all of them are rich and have their economy booming. Why??? Because of keeping a friendly relation with the west, doing business with them and getting them (west) to protect and look after their countries/states and assets.

Iran had the opportunity to join hands with the west against Saddam but it stood by its principals rather than look after its benefit. I believe Iran should look after itself and its economy by straightening its ties with the west because Muslim nations will never stand and back Iran in any matter, problem, issue or collective interest concerning Islam and the Muslims.

Doesn't this tell you anything??? Well it most certainly does but being a propagandists it doesn't concern and effect you.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »

Ameen

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 10:57:39 PM »
We too are shocked ameen, Iran is just crazy right?

You are absolutely right. Iran is crazy, in fact their nuts. They should look after themselves and put their country, economy and people first. They have suffered enough and should get off their horse and start to straighten their diplomatic ties with the west. This is exactly what I said to one of their diplomats and high profile solicitor when I met him a couple of weeks ago.

Hadrami

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
the best capital of Iran would be Disneyland, because of the character Mahdi Mouse.

Furkan

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 11:55:17 PM »
^OMG

“last words?”