TwelverShia.net Forum

Is Mutah Really Halal For Shia?

iceman

Re: Is Mutah Really Halal For Shia?
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »
Permitting something in exceptional circumstances is not the same thing as outright ecouraging, and endorsing the perverted practice. Your scholars for dollars are guilty for opening the window of Mu'tah for everyone on a full time basis.

So you're saying that the Prophet (s) made prostitution Halal in the form of Mutah due to exceptional circumstances? Is this what you're saying? You did liken Mutah to prostitution.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »
So you're saying that the Prophet (s) made prostitution Halal in the form of Mutah due to exceptional circumstances? Is this what you're saying? You did liken Mutah to prostitution.

It's not considered prostitution when you enforce it under exceptional circumstances. It's prostituton from the point the Prophet (SAW) made it haram. It's prostitution when you indulge just to fulfill each other's perverted fantasies, and not because you're on the verge of insanity.

Mu'tah like slavery was a perverted practiced from the days of jahiliyah. The Prophet (SAW) did not encourage nor forbid it upfront, but later started to restrict it until he eventually forbidded it unconditionally. This was a method the Prophet (SAW) applied with many vices like alcohol. 

Rationalist

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 04:42:53 AM »
The issue with Muta is we have two extreme opinions. 12ers curse Umar for stopping it, and Sunnis call it prostitution. These are both extreme opinions. If Umar stopped Muta then he did a noble act. Imagine all the temptation in the world and you are still controlling yourself. Then the other side is with today's society and way people are, Muta can be solution since it is a contract. I personally prefer having self control, and being rewarded for it. Then again if a someone does muta, I believe its falls in the category of mubah.

Rationalist

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 04:44:02 AM »

Mu'tah like slavery was a perverted practiced from the days of jahiliyah. The Prophet (SAW) did not encourage nor forbid it upfront, but later started to restrict it until he eventually forbidded it unconditionally. This was a method the Prophet (SAW) applied with many vices like alcohol. 

That's exactly what it is. Today we returned to the jaliyah stage where a man sees naked women all the time.

Hadrami

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »
how desperate shia is to even try to compare shia mutah with islamic marriage? Its like when shia using what Amr RA did when he was threathened with death to justify shia taqiyya which is basically lying anytime anywhere in any circumstances. Your mutah is not the same with what Ibn Abbas RA condone. Ibn Abbas would probably likened shia mutah to prostitution too. Shia mutah is taboo and that is why shia are so defensive everytime anyone ask them about it. Ask any sunni if they marries more than 1 woman, you wont get the same angry reply, im sure many would say inshaAllah 😁. Shia should be proud and hope they can do lots of mutah, because they believe it is a virtuous act with a great rewards. Deep down most shia knows their version of mutah is a vile, despicable act of freesex, but their hate towards Umar is a curse for themselves.

iceman

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 10:06:40 PM »
Mut'ah During Wartime

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 139:

Narrated Abdullah: We used to participate in the holy wars carried on by the Prophet and we had no women (wives) with us. So we said (to the Prophet). "Shall we castrate ourselves?" But the Prophet forbade us to do that and thenceforth he allowed us to marry a woman (temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then he recited: "O you who believe! Do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you."

Mut'ah Banned by Umar

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 43:

Narrated 'Imran bin Husain: The Verse of muta was revealed in Allah's Book, so we performed it with Allah's Apostle, and nothing was revealed in Qur'an to make it illegal, nor did the Prophet prohibit it till he died. But the man (omar) just expressed what his own mind suggested

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3250:

Abu Nadra reported: While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (muta of Hajj and muta of women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger pbuh Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3248:

Ibn Uraij reported: 'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of the Holy Prophet pbuh and during the time of Abi Bakr and 'Umar

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3249:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of (tales or flour as a dower during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger pbuh and durnig the time of Abu Bakr until 'Umar forbade it in the case of 'Amr b. Huraith.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3261:

'Urwa b. Zabair reported that 'Abdullah b. Zubair stood up (and delivered an address) in Mecca saying: Allah has made blind the hearts of some people as He has deprived them of eyesight that they give religious verdict in favor of temporary marriage, while he was alluding to a person (Ibn 'Abbas). Ibn Abbas called him and said: You are an uncouth person, devoid of sense. By my life, Mut'a was practised during the lifetime of the leader of the pious (he meant Allah's Messenger, pbuh), and Ibn Zubair said to him: just do it yourselves, and by Allah, if you do that I will stone you with your stones. Ibn Shihab said. Khalid b. Muhajir b. Saifullah informed me: While I was sitting in the company of a person, a person came to him and he asked for a religious verdict about Mut'a and he permitted him to do it.

Mut'ah During Life of Rasulullah

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3252:

Sabra Juhanni reported: Allah's Messenger pbuh permitted temporary marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her (for contracting temporary marriage), whereupon she said: What dower would you give me? I said: My cloak. And my companion also said: My cloak. And the cloak of-my companion was superior to my cloak, but I was younger than he. So when she looked at the cloak of my companion she liked it, and when she cast a glance at me I looked more attractive to her. She then said: Well, you and your cloak are sufficient for me. I remained with her for three nights, and then Allah's Messenger pbuh said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off.

Hadrami

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 12:01:29 AM »
Mut'ah During Wartime

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 139:

Narrated Abdullah: We used to participate in the holy wars carried on by the Prophet and we had no women (wives) with us. So we said (to the Prophet). "Shall we castrate ourselves?" But the Prophet forbade us to do that and thenceforth he allowed us to marry a woman (temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then he recited: "O you who believe! Do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you."

Mut'ah Banned by Umar

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 43:

Narrated 'Imran bin Husain: The Verse of muta was revealed in Allah's Book, so we performed it with Allah's Apostle, and nothing was revealed in Qur'an to make it illegal, nor did the Prophet prohibit it till he died. But the man (omar) just expressed what his own mind suggested

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3250:

Abu Nadra reported: While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (muta of Hajj and muta of women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger pbuh Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3248:

Ibn Uraij reported: 'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of the Holy Prophet pbuh and during the time of Abi Bakr and 'Umar

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3249:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of (tales or flour as a dower during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger pbuh and durnig the time of Abu Bakr until 'Umar forbade it in the case of 'Amr b. Huraith.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3261:

'Urwa b. Zabair reported that 'Abdullah b. Zubair stood up (and delivered an address) in Mecca saying: Allah has made blind the hearts of some people as He has deprived them of eyesight that they give religious verdict in favor of temporary marriage, while he was alluding to a person (Ibn 'Abbas). Ibn Abbas called him and said: You are an uncouth person, devoid of sense. By my life, Mut'a was practised during the lifetime of the leader of the pious (he meant Allah's Messenger, pbuh), and Ibn Zubair said to him: just do it yourselves, and by Allah, if you do that I will stone you with your stones. Ibn Shihab said. Khalid b. Muhajir b. Saifullah informed me: While I was sitting in the company of a person, a person came to him and he asked for a religious verdict about Mut'a and he permitted him to do it.

Mut'ah During Life of Rasulullah

Sabra Juhanni reported: Allah's Messenger pbuh permitted temporary marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her (for contracting temporary marriage), whereupon she said: What dower would you give me? I said: My cloak. And my companion also said: My cloak. And the cloak of-my companion was superior to my cloak, but I was younger than he. So when she looked at the cloak of my companion she liked it, and when she cast a glance at me I looked more attractive to her. She then said: Well, you and your cloak are sufficient for me. I remained with her for three nights, and then Allah's Messenger pbuh said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off.

You can do long copy & paste job and it is still a fact that shia mut'ah which is anytime anywhere in any situation is not the same to what was practised back then. Shia mutah is just a perverted freesex practise and understandably it is taboo and not many shia man/woman would ever want to get involved in that despicable, filthy acts. As for the ones who keep defending it, i bet you would be mad if your sister, daughter tell you that they want to practise that "noble & virtuous" act 😁
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:04:55 AM by Hadrami »

iceman

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 12:04:23 AM »
You can do long copy & paste job and it is still a fact that shia mut'ah which is anytime anywhere in any situation is not the same to what was practised by the sahaba back then. Shia mutah is just a perverted freesex practise and understandably it is taboo and no shia man nor woman would ever want to get involved in that despicable, filthy acts. As for the ones who keep defending it, i bet you would be mad if your sister, daughter tell you that they want to practise that "noble & virtuous" act 😁

Don't hide behind copy and paste, talk about the material put forward. Comment on what is being presented, hadiths/narrations. And don't sound like a child and make everything personal.

Hadrami

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 12:06:15 AM »
Don't hide behind copy and paste, talk about the material put forward. Comment on what is being presented, hadiths/narrations. And don't sound like a child and make everything personal.
The copy paster is you 😛
dont keep avoiding the question. You know yourself shia mutah is a filthy practise. So you would be so glad if your sister & daughter want to do it? 😁

iceman

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 12:30:26 AM »
The copy paster is you 😛
dont keep avoiding the question. You know yourself shia mutah is a filthy practise. So you would be so glad if your sister & daughter want to do it? 😁

Lol. I know your game and stance. Get personal as much as you like. I will definitely not fall to your level. You won't get a reaction out of me regarding your personal stunts.

iceman

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 12:32:47 AM »
Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father that while he was with Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon hm) he said: 0 people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women…”

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3255
We read the following episode in Muwatta by Imam Malik:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Urwa ibn az-Zubayr that Khawla ibn Hakim came to Umar ibn al-Khattab and said, ”Rabia ibn Umayya made a temporary marriage with a woman and she…”

Muwatta Imam Malik, Book 28, Number 28.18.42

iceman

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 01:00:53 AM »
The copy paster is you 😛

Are you married? If yes then how many wives do you have? Only one? Well you're allowed up to four at any one time. Give a second marriage a thought and see what you're up against. Just trying to make a point.

You won't be getting any personal reaction out of me. I have character.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 01:12:50 AM »
@iceman,

You missed out some more hadiths regarding mut'ah from Sunni sources (or you might be doing cherry picking I should say). Those hadiths should be sufficient because they were narrated by none other than your esteemed Imam:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 527 :
Narrated by 'Ali bin Abi Talib
On the day of Khaibar, Allah's Apostle forbade the Mut'a (i.e. temporary marriage) and the eating of donkey-meat.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 67, Number 432 :
Narrated by 'Ali
Allah's Apostle prohibited Al-Mut'a marriage and the eating of donkey's meat in the year of the Khaibar battle.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 50 :
Narrated by 'Ali
I said to Ibn 'Abbas, "During the battle of Khaibar the Prophet forbade (Nikah) Al-Mut'a and the eating of donkey's meat."

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Hadith Number 3264.
Chapter: Temporary marriage and its prohibition for all times to come.

Malik narrated this hadith on the authority of the same chain of transmitters that 'Ali b. Abi Talib said to a person: You are a person led astray; Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) forbade us (to do Mut'a), as is stated in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Yahya b. Malik.

Another cherry picking. The very next hadith in Sahih Muslim relating the same incident and clearly clarifies "....I remained with her for three nights, and  then Allah's Messenger pbuh said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off."

Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Hadith Number 3253 :

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i.e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said: Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 02:41:57 AM »
@iceman

Why are you running scared from the 12th Imam rep thread?

Every shia seems to be like you hiding from it.

iceman

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 04:17:23 AM »
@iceman,

You missed out some more hadiths regarding mut'ah from Sunni sources (or you might be doing cherry picking I should say). Those hadiths should be sufficient because they were narrated by none other than your esteemed Imam:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 527 :
Narrated by 'Ali bin Abi Talib
On the day of Khaibar, Allah's Apostle forbade the Mut'a (i.e. temporary marriage) and the eating of donkey-meat.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 67, Number 432 :
Narrated by 'Ali
Allah's Apostle prohibited Al-Mut'a marriage and the eating of donkey's meat in the year of the Khaibar battle.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 50 :
Narrated by 'Ali
I said to Ibn 'Abbas, "During the battle of Khaibar the Prophet forbade (Nikah) Al-Mut'a and the eating of donkey's meat."

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Hadith Number 3264.
Chapter: Temporary marriage and its prohibition for all times to come.

Malik narrated this hadith on the authority of the same chain of transmitters that 'Ali b. Abi Talib said to a person: You are a person led astray; Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) forbade us (to do Mut'a), as is stated in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Yahya b. Malik.

Another cherry picking. The very next hadith in Sahih Muslim relating the same incident and clearly clarifies "....I remained with her for three nights, and  then Allah's Messenger pbuh said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off."

Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Hadith Number 3253 :

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i.e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said: Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.

CHERRY PICKING! Well they are cherries and that's what we're talking about. So what seems to be the problem? After all they are cherries. Isn't that good enough? 😀

iceman

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 04:22:23 AM »
@iceman

Why are you running scared from the 12th Imam rep thread?

Every shia seems to be like you hiding from it.

Hang on a minute, in the jungle there is so much kicking off by a lot of hyenas and we only have few lions. So the lions are out numbered but there on to it. After all they are hyenas and what they do is within their nature.

iceman

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 04:27:57 AM »
Permitting something in exceptional circumstances is not the same thing as outright ecouraging, and endorsing the perverted practice. Your scholars for dollars are guilty for opening the window of Mu'tah for everyone on a full time basis.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, exceptional circumstances. This is exactly what Mutah is for. It's not a common thing or ordinary practice within Shia. You've answered it yourself. Why use something, manipulate it then blow it out of proportion and try to paint a bad picture about the Shia.

iceman

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2017, 04:41:10 AM »
So basically temporary marriage was allowed and it was practiced BUT, there is a BUT. But what? The Prophet (s) banned it or put a stop to it. Ok, certain people disagree with that. So how do we resolve this? Lets resolve it your way, any proof from the Quran that it was prohibited? 😊

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 05:49:57 AM »
So basically temporary marriage was allowed and it was practiced BUT, there is a BUT. But what? The Prophet (s) banned it or put a stop to it. Ok, certain people disagree with that. So how do we resolve this? Lets resolve it your way, any proof from the Quran that it was prohibited? 😊

Resolved it our way?? Our way is Quran and sunnah. If Prophet (saw) forbade it through his sayings (as shown previously), it is prohibited. THAT'S IS OUR WAY.