TwelverShia.net Forum

Jewish Suicide Attack On Place Of Worship Killed 3000 Men & Women

Hadrami

I know its not shia related, but when bro ebnhussein reminded me that the first suicide attack in a masjid was done by Abu Lu'lu who was considered by shia as hero, i wonder who was the first Jew who did something similar. In the Old Testament, Judges 16:27-30

27 Now the temple was crowded with men and women; all the rulers of the Philistines were there, and on the roof were about three thousand men and women watching Samson perform
28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.”
29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other,
30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

For comparison, the death toll of 9/11 attack is 2996
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:42:20 AM by Hadrami »

mhmd

Re: Jewish Suicide Attack On Place Of Worship Killed 3000 Men & Women
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:47:54 AM »
I know its not shia related, but when bro ebnhussein reminded me that the first suicide attack in a masjid was done by Abu Lu'lu who was considered by shia as hero, i wonder who was the first Jew who did something similar. In the Old Testament, Judges 16:27-30

<...>

I can't say for sure that it's a proto-Jewish "spiel", but it's extra-dramatic, there's a romantic interest and the elite priests probably would have loved it as a lesson for common Jews, especially the poor ones they didn't get much 'khumus' from: If you get captured, don't just stand around worshipping Baal and waiting for us to ransom you. Try to kill as many of them as you can - at any cost to yourself - and save us some money, already!  ::)