TwelverShia.net Forum

Khamenei:"Accusing Muslims of being a 'Wahabi' was colonialism's tactic"

MuslimK

• +8/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Ali Khamenei, the current leader of Iran says: Accusing Muslims of being a 'Wahabi' was Colonialism's tactic. The book was written by him decades ago (46 years ago).

He says in his book: "Musalmanan dar nahzat azadi Hindustan (Muslims in the Indian freedom cause)" pg. 35-36:

یکی از حربه های کوبنده ای که دستگاه استعمار بر ضد این جمعیت (علمای هند) بکار می برد ، متهم کردن آنان به وهابی گری بود ... ... و تاکنون همچنان این حربه باقی است و نقش شیطانی خود را که همان ایجاد فاصله میان قشرهای وسیع مسلمین است ایفا می کند .
"One of the tactics the Colonialism would use against this community (Scholars of India) was accusing them of being 'Wahabis'...and to this day this tactic remains and plays its satanic role in creating differences between the large segments of Muslims".

Today he and Shia scholars use this satanic tactic against Sunni Muslims.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:56:19 AM by AbuMuslimKhorasani »
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Hani

Re: Khamenei:"Accusing Muslims of being a 'Wahabi' was colonialism's tactic"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »
How did I miss this topic!? It exposes the hypocrites surely.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:12:29 AM »
Excellent found brother Abu Muslim, I actually had a scan from this page of his book, gotta look for it. Also Masha2allah at brother Hani Al tarabulsi, you already posted it on DD-SUNNAH  8)

http://www.dd-sunnah.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173163

For Urdu speaking brothers and sisters, that book has been translated into Urdu:

http://www.ghatreh.com/news/nn21627888/%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%87-%DA%A9%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D9%85%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%86%D9%87%D8%B6%D8%AA-%D8%A2%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%AF%DB%8C-%D9%87%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%BE%D8%A7%DA%A9%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%DB%8C
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Hani

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Hahaha... yes I did, it's quite a disastrous quote if you ask me.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Hadrami

*bump*

MissyB786

lolz, need to post this on fb, cos sadly see too many sunnis using this term against each other, and i think FOOLS they have fallen to their tactics.

Furkan

Wahabis called themselves "wahabi" back in days, heck Ibn Baz admitted this.

Later on they started to call themselves "salafis".

The issue is that shias call EVERY sunni a wahabi, even if you are an extreme sufi.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Bolani Muslim

^Very true. My friend told me the other day that only 'Wahabis' wipe their socks :D

Furkan

lol, wiping leather socks is mutawatir, so all muhadith are wahabi xD ??
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Khaled

The issue is that shias call EVERY sunni a wahabi, even if you are an extreme sufi.

Where did you get that Shaykh Ibn Baaz رحمه الله said that they used to call themselves Wahhabis?

Also, the Salafi movement is a much bigger umbrella than the "Wahhabis;"  Salafis can be people like Afghani and Abduh who were neo-Mutazilites and Afghani may have even been a Shi'i, you have people like the Muslim brotherhood, you have people like Albani; the Salafi movement is far bigger than the Wahhabis.  Even amongst the "Wahhabis", you have people like Ibn Baz and ibn Uthaymeen, who are considered closer to Albani, while you have those that they call "Najdis" (even though ibn Baz and Uthaymeen are technically also Najdis).

As you can see, these labels just confuse people and cause people to disassociate with a large percentage of our scholars because they are "Wahhabis" or "Salafis."
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Furkan

Brother, I think you are the one confused :p

Salafis= Wahabis= Najdis

All refer to the same group.

“last words?”

Khaled

Brother, I think you are the one confused :p

Salafis= Wahabis= Najdis

All refer to the same group.

Actually no it does not, بارك الله فيك, were Jamal al-Din al-Afghani, Al-Bani, Syyid Qutb, Rashid Rida, Hassan al-Banna Najdis or Wahhabis?

Most Najdis/Wahhabis fall under the Salafi umberalla, but that doesn't mean all Salafis are Wahhabis.  Some Salafis are modernist, some are considered Murji'a, some are completely apolitical
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Furkan

Brother, the movement of Mohamad ibn abdulwahab was called wahabis by different parties. Everyone called them wahabis.

I repeat:

Your request:

Abdul Azeez Abdullah Bin Baz uses the term Wahhabi to refer to his own group:

“The Wahhabiyyah are not new in rejecting all such innovations. Their creed is to hold fast to the book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger sal Allahu alayhi wasallam, and to follow his footsteps, and those of his rightly guided successors…The Wahhabiyyah believe in them, the way they reported without any alteration. The creed of the Wahhabiyyah is based upon fulfilment of witnessing that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah and completely abandoning all innovations. This is the foundation of the Sa’udi regeime and this is the view held by the scholars of Sa’udi Arabia. The hard attitude shown by the Sa’udi government is directed only against the superstitions and innovations in contradiction with Islam”

Plus see the Arabic book for this online, its clearly there!!

… وليست الوهابية حسب تعبير الكاتب بدعاً في إنكار مثل هذه الأمور البدعية، بل عقيدة الوهابية: هي التمسك بكتاب الله وسنة رسوله صلى الله عليه وسلم

http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/8159

Source: http://thewahhabithreat.com/wahhabism/often-asked-questions/what-is-a-wahhabi/

The names you sum up are people from different backgrounds.

"salafis are ussualy divided into madkhalis (pro saud) and takfiris (anti saud, pro isis etc).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:08:35 PM by Furkan »

“last words?”

Khaled

Brother, the movement of Mohamad ibn abdulwahab was called wahabis by different parties. Everyone called them wahabis.

I repeat:

Akhi, you have your history all wrong بارك الله فيك.

No one denies that the Wahhaabi term was levelled at the "Najdis", rather you are making the claim that bin Baz رحمه الله admitted this, yet you provided a translate (a dishonest one بارك الله فيك).  Rather, the Shaykh is refuting a newspaper article stating that only the "Wahhaabiyyah" reject celebrating the Mawlid, however, in the part you quoted, the Shaykh said:

وليست الوهابية حسب تعبير الكاتب بدعاً في إنكار مثل هذه الأمور البدعية،

"The Wahhaabiyahh, BASED ON THE EXPRESSION USED BY THE AUTHOR is not new in rejecting these innovations."

May Allah forgive the translator.

The names you sum up are people from different backgrounds.

"salafis are ussualy divided into madkhalis (pro saud) and takfiris (anti saud, pro isis etc).

Notice that Salafis are usually divided into pro Saud and anti-Saud according to you, yet what categories do people like Albani, Rashid Rida, Ali Alhalabi, Alfghani, Syyid Qutb, Hassan Albanna etc fall into.  All these are Salafis but are not Wahhabis بارك الله فيك.  What does as-Safaarini رحمه الله belong to?

Hani

Be careful to not turn this to something it shouldn't be.

Khaled

Be careful to not turn this to something it shouldn't be.

Akhi, this thread is about whether or not calling a "Wahabi" is a colonial tactic or not and whether or not it causes divisions in the Ummah; this thread is good evidence that the answer to both questions is a resounding "yes!"

Suleiman

Agreed!

Its a label used by certain individuals/groups to scare/turn away people from certain scholars.

Furkan

We will only keep it at the names Hani.

Can you define wahabi for me, this will help understand each other.

I say it's those people who follow mohammed ibn abdulwahab. You can't expect me calling him and his movement "salafi".

Al Afghani was a mason spy, Seyid Qutb a reformist, Al Albani is a wahabi and the others I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:59:32 PM by Furkan »

“last words?”

Khaled

We will only keep it at the names Hani.

Can you define wahabi for me, this will help understand each other.

I say it's those people who follow mohammed ibn abdulwahab. You can't expect me calling him and his movement "salafi".

Al Afghani was a mason spy, Seyid Qutb a reformist, Al Albani is a wahabi and the others I don't know.

Actually, its upon you to define Wahabi, you're the one using the label بارك الله فيك.  The Wahabis don't use that label to define themselves; the burden is on you to show that Albani is a "Wahabi."  What does it mean he "follows" MAW, he actually is far closer to the Indian Ahl-e-Hadees than he is the Najdi da'wah.  He opposes them in far too many ways to be considered a part of their movement.

Furkan

Ghayr in sha Allah.

I see no benefit in debating about labels.

“last words?”