TwelverShia.net Forum

Life after Shia questions

Optimus Prime

Re: Life after Shia questions
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50:06 AM »
Ahlul Sunnah freely admit that the Sahabah made mistakes - they are recorded in ahadith and tareeqh.

They do not claim they were "100% righteous 100% of the time".

Please educate yourself, you hilarious child.

Education is very important. Both need to educate themselves and learn about the other. So what does rightly guided mean then??? Rightly guided Khalifs, Haq char Yaar??? Then you have the statement about the Sahaba,
"Kullohum Udool", what is this all about??? Then you have, "all the Sahaba are like the stars, it doesn't matter who you follow, you are guided"??? So if they weren't 100% right then, where did they go wrong and how???

Actually, although it does seem to be the case that some Sunnis give the Sahaba (or certain individuals) a Demi-God type status, those who are educated enough give the Sahaba [ra] the place that they are due.  The following narrations do show that the Sahaba did err at times:

1.  Rabi'ah al-Aslami narrated: I used to serve the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) so he gave me a piece of land and he gave Abu Bakr a piece of land, then life and its pleasures came between us and we differed on a small part of land surrounding a palm tree, Abu Bakr may Allah be pleased with him said: "It is on my side of the land." and I said that it was on mine, so there was an argument between us and Abu Bakr told me a word that I hated to hear, then he regretted it and he told me: "O Rabi'ah, say to me what I said to you, as a Qasas." I said I wouldn't, Abu Bakr told me to do so otherwise he'd call the Prophet (SAWS), I insisted that I would not, so he refused that piece of land and he went to the Prophet (SAWS). I followed him and met some people from (the tribe of) Aslam along the way, they asked: "May Allah have mercy on Abu Bakr, why would he call on the Prophet (SAWS) because of you if he was the one who said what he said to you?" I replied to them: "Do you know who this is!? This is Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq, he is the second of the two (in the cave), he is the elder of the Muslims! So beware of letting him see you supporting me against him, then he would be angry and then the Prophet (SAWS) would come and be angry for his anger and then Allah would be angry for their anger and then Rabi'ah would perish!" They said: "What do you suggest we do?" I said: "Return." Then I continued to follow him alone until we reached the Prophet (SAWS), and he told him exactly what happened, so he (SAWS) raised his head and looked at me and said: "O Rabi'ah, what is between you and al-Siddeeq?" I said: "O Prophet of Allah, this and that happened, so he spoke a word I hated to hear, then told me to return the word as a Qasas and I refused." The Prophet (SAWS) then said: "Do not return the word, instead say: May Allah forgive you O Abu Bakr." So I said: "May Allah forgive you O Abu Bakr." Then Abu Bakr may Allah have mercy on him left with tears in his eyes.

2.  'Abdullah bin al-Zubair narrated: A caravan from Bani Tamim came to the Messenger of Allaah (SAWS) and Abu Bakr (ra) said to appoint as the Amir Qa’qaa’ bin Ma’bad and ‘Umar (ra) said to appoint as the Amir al-Aqra’ bin Haabis. Abu Bakr said ‘you always wanted to oppose me’ and ‘Umar said ‘I did not want to oppose you’ and they disputed until their voices raised. So Allah (swt) revealed: ‘O you who believe! Make not (a decision) in advance before Allaah and His Messenger, and fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing …’ until ‘And if they had had patience till you could come out to them, it would have been better for them. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Coming from a Shia background I know this is a widely held misconception, that Sunnis believe all Sahaba to be practically infallible, but Sahaba were human and made mistakes, but we should respect their status and their sacrifices for Allah (swt) and His Prophet (PBUH).

Brother, can you provide the sources for these narrations, please?

Abu Zayd

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »

If I recorded them correctly then the first is al-Albani's al-Silsilah al-Sahiha 7/407 and the second is Sahih al-Bukhari #4367.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »

If I recorded them correctly then the first is al-Albani's al-Silsilah al-Sahiha 7/407 and the second is Sahih al-Bukhari #4367.

Jazak'Allah, the first Hadith, can you quote the original source? Isn't al-Albani's al-Silsilah a compilation of Hadiths?

labelingtheory

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »

Your words,

"Why I left Shiasm (by Husayn. A Rafidi  member from the old forum whom I debated myself for literally TEN years till he became Muslim!!!): http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/why-i-left-shiaism/"

So tell me how did this Rafidi member, from the old forum whom you debated for ten years yourself, become a Muslim??? How do you become a Muslim from a Rafidi??? What did he have to say or do??? Or what did you make him say or do??? How do you become a Muslim??? By saying Shahadathain, yes??? The Rafidi (Shia) already believes in and says the Shahadathain, so what does he further say or do to become a Muslim??? Well come on hot shot!
Just because a person says the shahada doesn't make them a Muslim. The Qadianis say shahada, love Hazrat Muhammad (saw), pray, ect, but are unanimously declared as kaafir by Sunnis and shias. Same thing with Quranists, agha khanis, and definetly some twelvers.

Actually all twelvers are muslim at least according to the majority of scholars in the world. Ever heard of the amman pact?

Hani

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »

Actually all twelvers are muslim at least according to the majority of scholars in the world. Ever heard of the amman pact?

I had a thread just about that, it seems even the Nawasib who hate `Ali and his Ahlul-Bayt are also our Muslim brothers according to this `Amman pact:
http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/the-amman-message/msg3222/#msg3222
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Ibn Al Qayyim

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2016, 04:37:35 AM »
سلام علیک
For all the fellow ex-shias, I have been wondering.
How did your family/friends/community take it?
Are you the only ex-shia you know of?
Do you eat from shias (since they believe in kufr)?
Are you a specific madhab?

Currently I'm planning to tell my family I'm not Shia after I'm married.  :P
Thanks for reading, Allah Hafiz

Are you also going to take the opinion of Ex Sunnis??? How they must feel??? I'm sure their feelings must also be brought in to consideration. Since they believe in Kufar??? Wow! A big statement but I'm sure it can't be backed by anything. So tell me what made you become an Ex Shia??? Congratulations on becoming a Sunni. Would you mind telling me which Sunni have you become and why??? They have four schools of thought so which one have you taken on and why??? I don't think I'm going to here from you now. If I do I'm sure it wont be positive but lets see.

broo

cann u pls ffs stop using too mny question marks? please?

just pls dont use question marks unless ur asking a question and if u do no need to use more thn one question mark...