TwelverShia.net Forum

Mutah in the Eyes of Ahl Al-Bayt in Ismaili and Zaydi Shia Traditions

Hani

Salam,

I hope brother Farid doesn't mind, I added a small article of mine to his Mutah series:

Mutah in the Eyes of Ahl Al-Bayt in Ismaili and Zaydi Shia Traditions
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Muhammad Tazin

Re: Mutah in the Eyes of Ahl Al-Bayt in Ismaili and Zaydi Shia Traditions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »
It is clear from the Ahadith of Kitabun Nikah,Sahih Muslim.
I have seen from the articles provided that-It is proved that, Sahaba(who were exception in opinion) were agreed upon the saying of Umar(r.a).
But I want to get a good explanation of this 2 hadiths quoted often from Sahih Muslim:-
1.  Ibn Uraij reported:
'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of the Prophet (ﷺ) and during the time of Abu Bakr and 'Umar.
2. Abu Nadra reported:
While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (Tamattu' of Hajj 1846 and Tamattu' with women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

The question that coming is- "a prominent sahaba like Jabir(r.a) did not know the rulings of MUTAH " before Umar(r.a)'s prohibition .

Hani

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 06:41:24 PM »
These two narrations that you quoted, regardless of how well they are translated, are both actually the exact same Hadith. Jabir simply says that Mut`ah was done in the time of the three.

How did Jabir not know of its prohibition is a different matter, the one who is well versed in Fiqh knows that many rulings escape the greatest of companions and scholars. It is sufficient that the likes of `Umar and `Ali and Ibn Mas`oud knew and they are senior Sahabah. As for Jabir, when he heard of Rasul-Allah's (saw) prohibition, he stopped and refrained and did not return to it even after `Umar's death.

As for how it could still have been done, it is sufficient to know that it was prohibited, and if this prohibition did not reach everyone back in those days, the news spread with time and today it reached all of us. Know may Allah preserve you, that Mut`ah is something they did in extreme times of war, when women were little in number, and they would not announce this as Mut`ah was and still is a type of secret marriage for a short time period, and since it happened in wars mainly, then this means some soldiers did it in foreign lands, this is why it is not likely that the news of it happening could reach those in authority.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Hani

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
I found this interesting post on an Isma`eeli forum, read it:
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5374

Rationalist

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 04:16:27 AM »
That Ismaili is referencing me on most of the post. However,  he is not sincere person. After he learned that I would never hate the sahaba he back-stabbed me, and started doing tabarra.

Hani

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 04:38:48 AM »
That's why everyone agrees that Isma`eeliyyah is worse than Ithna-`Ashariyyah.

Rationalist

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »
I think his extremism has to do with the fact of being a previous 12er. Although he longer is a 12er,  he  still has not  made any modification of any of his Rafidi beliefs. What happened with this guy is Macisaac in the Zaidi discussion on shiachat slander me telling the 12ers how I pretend to be their friend but I am a real snake in reality. After reading that this guy lashed out on me. I am sure he interpreted that as that there is no chance I will become a Rawafid.

Even take Macisaac for example. He is not longer a 12er but he still relies on 12er sources for his Rafidi beliefs such as Imam Abu Hanifa being a nawasib, and how Umar killed Fatima etc...
As for Ismailis, I only met Agha Khanis, and I realize that they are very secretive. They only want to help out their own kind. But then again I don't blame them cause Agha Khanis pay a minimum of 1/8 of their income every month. Therefore, they are obligated to help their own kind only.

Rationalist

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 07:01:42 AM »
Here is a Rajabali going to a Dawoodi Bohra mosque for dawah, but also he did not tell anyone he is a 12er.

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 06:11:25 AM »
This is how sneaky Shias are :(

Rationalist

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 07:23:14 PM »
AL Khoie's fatwa allows 12ers to lie in debates for dawah purposes.