TwelverShia.net Forum

My first Sunni sitting

Husayn

My first Sunni sitting
« on: September 04, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
So, just wanted to share a little experience I had over the weekend.

I attended the 'aqd of my cousin (my auntie's daughter). My mothers side of the family are of Ahlul Sunnah - though not the very knowledgeable types, they are the "we are all Muslims" type of people, and wouldn't be able to point out a single difference between Sunni-Shia (beyond the typical & obvious things).

Anyway - all the people in attendance at the 'aqd were of Ahlul Sunnah, and I met a few Shuyuqh, a few random brothers, and sat and listened to a lecture.

I can honestly say that this was the first time in my life that I felt I was truly in the presence of mu'mineen.

That's not to say that I view Shi's negatively (the laymen) - but the difference was startling.

The sheikh giving the lecture mentioned only a single person - Rasul Allah (SAWS). Every hadith he quoted was from Rasul Allah (SAWS), every example he gave was from Rasul Allah (SAWS).

There was no exaggerating & no fantastic fairy tales - anyone who has listened to a Shi'i giving a lecture will understand what I am talking about.

There was no hateful speech, or hidden innuendo.

In contrast, I attended a majlis 'aza for a family member who passed away recently (Shi'i). The sheikh (Shii) giving the lecture and doing the Majlis took approximately 15 minutes before bringing up the issue of Mu'awiyah and ridiculing the Sahabah. During a majlis for a person who just passed away! Allahu Akbar

So anyway - what I am getting at is that there is absolutely no doubt in my mind who are the true followers of Rasul Allah (SAWS).
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: My first Sunni sitting
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:52:36 PM »
So, just wanted to share a little experience I had over the weekend.

I attended the 'aqd of my cousin (my auntie's daughter). My mothers side of the family are of Ahlul Sunnah - though not the very knowledgeable types, they are the "we are all Muslims" type of people, and wouldn't be able to point out a single difference between Sunni-Shia (beyond the typical & obvious things).

Anyway - all the people in attendance at the 'aqd were of Ahlul Sunnah, and I met a few Shuyuqh, a few random brothers, and sat and listened to a lecture.

I can honestly say that this was the first time in my life that I felt I was truly in the presence of mu'mineen.

That's not to say that I view Shi's negatively (the laymen) - but the difference was startling.

The sheikh giving the lecture mentioned only a single person - Rasul Allah (SAWS). Every hadith he quoted was from Rasul Allah (SAWS), every example he gave was from Rasul Allah (SAWS).

There was no exaggerating & no fantastic fairy tales - anyone who has listened to a Shi'i giving a lecture will understand what I am talking about.

In contrast, I attended a majlis 'aza for a family member who passed away recently (Shi'i). The sheikh (Shii) giving the lecture and doing the Majlis took approximately 15 minutes before bringing up the issue of Mu'awiyah and ridiculing the Sahabah. During a majlis for a person who just passed away! Allahu Akbar

So anyway - what I am getting at is that there is absolutely no doubt in my mind who are the true followers of Rasul Allah (SAWS).

Masha'Allah! Beautiful!

May Allah guide us all.

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 01:32:53 AM »

Same experience here (as an Ex-Shia like you). The Rafidah claim to follow the Ahlul Bayt and with their ridicolous concept that whatever an Imams says is the Hadith of Rasulullah (which is not true anyway, they were mujtahideen and gave verdicts about newly arised stuffed that was never addressed by Rasulullah directly!) you can sit in their gatherings and all you hear is:

Ali, Ali, Ali, Ali, Ali, Ali ... then: Sadiq, Sadiq, Sadiq. Then a bit Al-Hussein (almost never Al-Hassan let alone the other Imams) and of course the useless cellar dwelling savior 3aj 3aj. That's their Deen, it has nothing to do with Rasulullah (saws) and Islam that is why 99% of their schools and Hawzah's are named after the Imams, even their satellite channels are exclusively named after the Imams! They also shy away from the term "Tawheed". They do use it but they have some sort of allergy against it hence you will never ever see a Majlis, Husseiniyyah, satellite channel or Shia temple with the name "At-Tawheed", NEVER! I remember once I met an Iranian Sunni, his mother was Shia though. He said in Iran even a crackhead can tell you the name of the HORSE of Imam Al-Hussein, we know every detail about Karbala', Najaf, Ali's life, Fatimah etc. but barely anything about Rasulullah (saws). Wallah no sincere Shia can deny these objections they know it is nothing but the bloody truth of their bloody polytheistic anti-Islamic religion that wallahi has nothing whatsoever got to do with Islam and the Ahlul-Bayt.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »
It is funny how the likes of Ex-Sufis such as Tijani call the Shias the "true Sunnis", that's what all Shias do, they are so brainwashed they don't even see that in literally every aspect they are far away from the Sunnah. Let me give an example to prove to you how accursed the Rafidah are and how Allah removed the Barakah and even the ETIQUETTES of Salah from them.

Their Salah is a joke, wallahi when I used to be a Shia I felt ashamed, because even IGNORANT Sunnis (rightfully) mocked our prayer. Why? Because even the ignorant Sunni is literally FILLED with the etiquettes of various Sunan (plural of Sunnah) such as:

1. NOT to do any action in prayer before the Imam. Wallahi look at ANY Shia prayer, they always go in ruku3 and Sujood before the Imam and I can post HUNDREDS of evidence, Arab, Persian, Asian i.e. all sort of Rawafidh. Ya3ni they are so far away from the Sunnah that such a simple (but important) etiquette is not being observed by them. They look like laughing stocks.

Yasser Al-Khabeeth clown jama3at lol these are the true Ahlus-Sunnah! Watch how they race and go into Sujood way before him! Sujood!!!

And no, as I said, this is not exceptional this is THE rule you see that with ALL their laymen AND scholars (including Ayadollar$). This one is one of the top joke videos Arabs watch when they wanna have a laugh, the prayer of the "true followers of the Sunnah" where they (as usual) oppose the Sunnah. Look how HALF the jama3a goes to Sujood (!) before the Imam. Something that you won't ever ever see even in the most jahil Sunni jama3a:

Here the clip:
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZ3Csw-tvw
2. I remember once few Lebanese Sunnis came to our Masjid. Average dude, not in dashaadish/thobes and shmaagh, just average Lebanese Sunnis. Even they were SHOCKED when they saw the massive gaps in in the "prayer row" of the "real followers of the Sunnah" (the accursed Rafidah). And no, I am not talking about feet to feet (there is difference of opinion about that, shoulder to shoulder is sufficient acc. to most scholars) but I am talking about a gap as big as a baby Elephant!

3. Not to forget to mention the ugly UN-SUNNAH/ISLAMIC way of reciting the Qur'an. They "recite" the Qur'an as if it is a newspaper (Arab and Persian Rawafidh alike, including the biggest jokes, the "miracles of Allah"/"Ayatullahs"!), wallahi watch any IBADHI/Zaydi or even QADYANI prayer, they all recite better than every single Ayatullat and Rafidah (few exceptions among the Rafidah PROVE the rule and not otherwise!). This is another clear sign that Allah took the sweetness of Iman and Barakah of religious acts from them, whatever they do they look like retards and laughing stocks:

MMuXw

<< edit reason: compress bmp & png images >>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:08:24 PM by TS »
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Farid

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »
Yeah akhi Husayn, I think it is obvious to those who go to even Friday sermons that there is no one focus. The variety of subjects range from tahara to thikr to taqwa to current events. It feels like they are on a mission to teach Islam from A to Z, as opposed to those that seem to only be interested in preaching the fadha'il of certain people.

Hani

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
How come this was your first Sunni sitting though? Havn't you attended any gathering similar to this before? Or any of your Sunni friend's Katb-ul-Kitab or `Aza'?
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Taha

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 10:19:28 PM »
I do agree that most Sunnis are more reverent in the masjid than Shias.  But I do have a question about no-gaps in prayer.  Whenever I prayed in a Sunni mosque, I felt like the people were just trying to squish me into non-existence.  I don't think leaving a small amount of breathing space is disrespectful (unless there are hadith that say otherwise).

Nader Zaveri

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »
I do agree that most Sunnis are more reverent in the masjid than Shias.  But I do have a question about no-gaps in prayer.  Whenever I prayed in a Sunni mosque, I felt like the people were just trying to squish me into non-existence.  I don't think leaving a small amount of breathing space is disrespectful (unless there are hadith that say otherwise).
According to our Shee`ah Hadith about keeping straight lines in Salah and not having gaps the wording of the hadeeth is very clear. I have made a post of an authentic hadith about the lines in Salah. Click here: http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/12/punishment-for-not-having-straight.html

In those hadith the A'immah (AS) have quoted the Prophet (SAWAS) as saying "امْسَحُوا بِمَنَاكِبِكُمْ" (have your shoulders touching) from the root word ma-sa-Ha, which is to touch/wipe. The Arabic wording is quite clear.

Now, I do go to Sunni masaajid to pray Salah just as much as I go to Shee`ah masaajid, and I believe sometimes in the Sunni masaajid they crowd the lines too much, so much so that your shoulder isn't just touching the guy next to you, it is on top of him which it shifts your body making you not exactly facing the qiblah.

I will say this though, even though this happens in Sunni masaajid, I believe those who attempt and try to cling to the Sunnah as best as they can, even if it means crowding the lines, are better off than those of us who completely neglect the Sunnah and have huge gaps.

Wallaahu A`lim.

Wa `Alaykum Assalaam

Hani

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »

السلام عليكم يا أخ

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know where you live bro, but usually we don't have this issue in the countries I've prayed in (Lebanon, Dubai, Qatar, Turkey).... It was only very tight in specific occasions when the Masjid is very crowded.

The Prophet (saw) told us in times when the Masjid is very crowded, to try and stick as near to each-other as possible, out of mercy and love in Allah and to share in the reward of the congregation.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:33:51 AM by Hani »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Taha

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 04:38:53 AM »
و عليكم السلام

To Nader: Thank you for those ahadith and explanation.  I had no idea that your shoulders were supposed to touch.  Usually, in my experience at Shia mosques (which isn't much-- I'm more of a pray-at-home type of person), we leave around 4-6 inches between people.  In Sunni mosques, they put their feet touching mine which, although I'm not bothered much for any hygienic reason, it makes it difficult to do the motions of prayer, especially since Sunnis fold their arms and their elbows get in the way of my hanging arms.  I will try to maybe close gaps in the future.

To Hani:  Thank you for your warm welcome.  I live in the United States.  The only time I have ever seen a very crowded masjid is during eid (for Sunni masajid).  The Shia mosques are usually crowded on the first and tenth days of Muharram but not always between those two days.  Thank you for your explanation and for relaying that hadith; it's very informative.  I don't really know much about the Sunnah except for some practices that nobody (that I know of) keeps very well (such as lengthening the beard, use of miswak, breaking fast with dates -- I do this actually, but only because I really like dates --, and some others.)

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 03:24:26 PM »

السلام عليكم يا أخ

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know where you live bro, but usually we don't have this issue in the countries I've prayed in (Lebanon, Dubai, Qatar, Turkey).... It was only very tight in specific occasions when the Masjid is very crowded.

The Prophet (saw) told us in times when the Masjid is very crowded, to try and stick as near to each-other as possible, out of mercy and love in Allah and to share in the reward of the congregation.

Walaikum Salam,

In western countries the mosques are small so they fit as many people as they can to create space.

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
The only time I have ever seen a very crowded masjid is during eid (for Sunni masajid).  The Shia mosques are usually crowded on the first and tenth days of Muharram but not always between those two days.  Thank you for your explanation and for relaying that hadith; it's very informative.  I don't really know much about the Sunnah except for some practices that nobody (that I know of) keeps very well (such as lengthening the beard, use of miswak, breaking fast with dates -- I do this actually, but only because I really like dates --, and some others.)

Same experience here as an Ex-Shia who has visited Shia Mosques in the west and abroad. Shias only "crowd" their Masjids when something is related to their Imams (dozens of birthdays, martyrdom, Muharram etc.). When it comes to worship Allah alone, shedding tears for ALLAH (and not for his creation all the time) etc. then you will see their Masjids quite empty. In fact many Shia Mosques don't pray no Fajr Jama3a (sometimes even no Maghreb/Esha!) and compared to Sunni Mosques the Shia ones are quite empty.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله

Nader Zaveri

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 05:35:36 PM »
Assalaamu `Alaykum,

To Nader: Thank you for those ahadith and explanation.  I had no idea that your shoulders were supposed to touch.  Usually, in my experience at Shia mosques (which isn't much-- I'm more of a pray-at-home type of person), we leave around 4-6 inches between people.  In Sunni mosques, they put their feet touching mine which, although I'm not bothered much for any hygienic reason, it makes it difficult to do the motions of prayer, especially since Sunnis fold their arms and their elbows get in the way of my hanging arms.  I will try to maybe close gaps in the future.
Well according to Sunnis they have the Shoulder-to-Shoulder narration and they also have the Feet-to-feet narration. So they are still following the narrations they have from the Prophet (SAWAS). While according to Shee`ahs, we have narrations of touching the next guys shoulder (i.e. Shoulder-to-shoulder), and the narrations regarding the separation of your feet, our hadeeth say between 3 fingers to a hand span length between the two feet. Those Sunnis who touch your feet, they are still sincerely trying to follow the hadith that they have from the Prophet (SAWAS). Wallaahu A`lim.

Wa `Alaykum Assalaam

Hani

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:16 PM »
Yallah brother Husayn, this thread is for you, please tell us how much money you got and how many wives:
http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235025019-are-there-shia-who-really-reverted-to-sunni/

Brother Nader, maybe you can prove them wrong by becoming Sunni.

Taha

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:22 AM »
Assalaamu `Alaykum,

Well according to Sunnis they have the Shoulder-to-Shoulder narration and they also have the Feet-to-feet narration. So they are still following the narrations they have from the Prophet (SAWAS). While according to Shee`ahs, we have narrations of touching the next guys shoulder (i.e. Shoulder-to-shoulder), and the narrations regarding the separation of your feet, our hadeeth say between 3 fingers to a hand span length between the two feet. Those Sunnis who touch your feet, they are still sincerely trying to follow the hadith that they have from the Prophet (SAWAS). Wallaahu A`lim.

Wa `Alaykum Assalaam

wa `alaykum asalaam akhi,

Thank you for explaining.  You're right-- I've noticed this myself.  Sunnis (and I mean true and sincere Sunnis-- not the drug dealer from my high school) tend to be far more concerned with the Sunnah and following it than we Shias are.  Sad, actually.  There are, however, a few Sunnah that we follow better than Sunnis (in my opinion).  Maybe I will open a thread about them and see what you and the Sunni brothers have to say.

Yallah brother Husayn, this thread is for you, please tell us how much money you got and how many wives:
http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235025019-are-there-shia-who-really-reverted-to-sunni/

You see, they already have a ready made excuse.

Quote from: PureEthics
No. They were never shia to begin with.

Very convenient, isn't it?  People convert to and from various religions all the time.  You can't say somebody that converted out of tashayyu` wasn't a true Shia but somebody that converted out of Ahlul Sunnah was a true Sunni.  It's hypocritical.

Hadrami

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
@ebn husein

have a look at this video clip from lotfilms latest post. He was admiring a horrible khomeini's son recitation which he said was good recitation, but not noticing the obvious that those shia were also having a "race against imam" competition. Yep those shia are really into the "inner heart" of salat alright  ;D

http://forum.twelvershia.net/quran-tafseer/shia-the-qur%27anic-recitation-and-interpretation/msg492/#msg492

http://youtu.be/srbSqtVrzmA
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:09:52 PM by Hadrami »

Hani

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 08:06:56 PM »
There are, however, a few Sunnah that we follow better than Sunnis (in my opinion).  Maybe I will open a thread about them and see what you and the Sunni brothers have to say.

By all means bro, go ahead and open the thread as these kinds of topics are always useful.

lotfilms

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »
He was admiring a horrible khomeini's son recitation
In terms of voice and soothness not in terms of tajweed  :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:51:29 PM by lotfilms »

Hadrami

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 12:27:55 AM »
He was admiring a horrible khomeini's son recitation
In terms of voice and soothness not in terms of tajweed  :-\

I know what you meant, agree with the calm rhythm bit on the other thread (http://forum.twelvershia.net/quran-tafseer/shia-the-qur'anic-recitation-and-interpretation/msg493/#msg493), but this is not a singing contest. He is suppose to be an alim and yet doesn't even have a basic skill. A form of respecting the word of Allah is to recite it in the proper manner and yet you dont see him doing that. So how exactly is a an average shia more concern with the inner heart of it compare to sunni when most of their ulama lack the manners when it comes to Al Qur'an? Can any arab or anyone who can read just read and add a soothing tune or meditation humming rhythm to it??
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:49:27 AM by Hadrami »

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 02:22:11 AM »
A3udhubillah from that video. Here the test: Show it to ANY Qari'/Muqri' (only sound) and he will tell you if anything about it is "smooth" let alone beautiful.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله