TwelverShia.net Forum

Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil-Wahhab (RA) in his OWN words

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
  • May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth
  • Religion: Sunni
Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil-Wahhab (RA) in his OWN words
« on: April 08, 2016, 04:31:31 PM »
Ibn Abd al-Wahhaab said, in a letter that he wrote when he joined al-Ameer Sa’ood ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez, when he took over Makkah on Saturday 8 Muharram 1218 AH:

“Our madhhab with regard to the basic principles of religion is the madhhab of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.

"Our way is the way of the salaf, and with regard to minor issues our madhhab is that of Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal. We do not denounce those who follow any of the four imaams in exclusion to others, because the madhhabs of the others have not been codified.”

Then he said: “Lies are told about us to conceal the truth and confuse the people, so that they will think that we want to undermine the status of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and (that we say) that he has no power of intercession and that it is not recommended to visit him (his grave), and that we do not lend any weight to the views of the scholars, and that we denounce all people as kaafirs , and that we forbid sending blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and that we do not respect the rights of Ahl al-Bayt (the members of the Prophet’s houshold).

Our response to all of that is: Glory be to You, this is a grave lie! Whoever attributes anything of this sort to us is telling lies and uttering fabrications against us.”

(‘Ulamaa’ al-Najd Khilaal Sittat Quroon by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Saalih al-Bassaam, 1/51)
May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth. Ameen.

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

Ibn Yahya

Re: Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdil-Wahhab (RA) in his OWN words
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 07:41:28 PM »
Can we avoid posts that are likely to spark Sunni on Sunni debate

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »
Can we avoid posts that are likely to spark Sunni on Sunni debate

This is meant to show ignorant Rafidha who claim that Sheikh-ul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdil-Wahhab (R.A) didn't intend to form a new sect/group, instead, he was a Sunni from Ahl-us-Sunnah Wal-Jama'ah who made da'wah to Tawheed (pure monotheism).

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »
This is meant to show ignorant Rafidha who claim that Sheikh-ul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdil-Wahhab (R.A) didn't intend to form a new sect/group, instead, he was a Sunni from Ahl-us-Sunnah Wal-Jama'ah who made da'wah to Tawheed (pure monotheism).

Akhi I'm inclined to totally agree with you but I think there are some Sunni brothers who do not.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 11:41:11 PM »
Yes I think brother "Ibn Yahya' is actual right because not all Sunnis will agree with Ibn Abdul wahab.

Especially where I live here there are most Sunnis hate Mohammed ibn Abdul wahab than any other (even Shias) ,So not everyone will agree with you .

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 11:41:42 PM »
Yes I think brother "Ibn Yahya' is actual right because not all Sunnis will agree with Ibn Abdul wahab.

Especially where I live here there are most Sunnis hate Mohammed ibn Abdul wahab than any other (even Shias) ,So not everyone will agree with you .

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 12:35:04 AM »

Quote from: Ibn Yahya
Akhi I'm inclined to totally agree with you but I think there are some Sunni brothers who do not.

Brothers, I am defending the Sheikh because he made da'wah to tawheed and following the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the pious salaf, is there anything wrong with what he preached?

This question my dear brothers is not for you to answer, but for those who oppose Shaikh-ul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab.