TwelverShia.net Forum

al-Husayn (RA) was born in 6 months & wasn't suckled (from al-Kafi)

Husayn

ولم يرضع الحسين من فاطمة (عليها السلام) ولا من انثى، كان يؤتى به النبي فيضع إبهامه في فيه فيمص منها ما يكفيها اليومين والثلاث

And al-Husayn was not suckled by Fatima (as) nor any female. Rasul Allah used to come to him and place his thumb in his mouth, and al-Husayn would suck it and this would satisfy him for two or three days.

http://www.al-shia.org/html/ara/books/lib-hadis/al-kafi-1/15.htm#03

This doesn't seem to be a hadith (or maybe its part of some longer narration), but it's recorded in al-Kafi and is attributed to 'Allamah al-Hujja Sharaf ad-Din al-Jabl 'Aamili.

-----

ولم يولد لستة أشهر إلا عيسى ابن مريم (عليه السلام) والحسين بن علي (عليهما السلام).

Nobody was born after 6 months (pregnancy) except for 'Isa bin Maryam (as) and al-Husayn (as).

Why not? Is there some connection? Was al-Husayn (RA) born from al-Ruh al-Quds too?

Very strange.

-----

عن أبي الحسن الرضا (عليه السلام) أن النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله) كان يؤتى به الحسين فيلقمه لسانه فيمصه فيجزئ به ولم يرتضع من انثى.

From Abul Hassan al-Ridha (as) - the Prophet (SAW) used to come to al-Husayn and place his tongue in his mouth, and al-Husayn would suck on it and be satisfied and would not suckle any female.

-----

Are there any similar narrations in the books of Ahlul Sunnah? Not in regards to the placing of tongue or thumb into al-Husayn's mouth (there are similar ahadith) - but specifically the fact that he was not ever suckled?

It seems like the Shii narrators took an odd occasion of the Prophet (SAW) doing this - and then took it to extremes, as usual.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:09:38 PM by Husayn »
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Hani

Re: al-Husayn (RA) was born in 6 months & wasn't suckled (from al-Kafi)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:10:31 PM »
Maybe in our books there is a narration where the Prophet (saw) kisses al-Husayn (ra) and sucks on his tongue out of love for his grandson... not for nutrition : /

As for the rest they're clear fabrications by Bedouins who had nothing better to do..

I'll try to find it for you later InshaAllah.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Riqaaz

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
SalamuAlaikum brother

When we quote such hadiths to Shias like Abu Talib breasfeeding the Prophet as mentioned in Al Kafi as well, they come up with one narration mentioned in Tareekh-e-Bagdad which goes like this :

Narrated on the authority of Abul Hassan Muhammed Ibn Assad Ibn Ali al-Katib and al-Hassan Ibn Abu bakr al-mu’adal from Ahmad Ibn Abu ‘awf who said I heard my uncle and my dad both say ” we were in the gathering of yazeed Ibn harun, at the garden of umm Jafar, then we saw a tall man holding a boy in his hands and breast feeding him, that man then said the mother of this child gave birth to him and then she passed away in the lands of mufazah or Falat so I placed him on my breast, so Allah gave us this blessing. We saw him and the milk was coming out of his breast to child”

The chain of the narration is authentic according to their standards.

Abul Hassan Muhammed Ibn Assad, al-hafiz said about him: He is truthful ( 8 )

Ahmad Ibn Abu ‘awf: Is trustworthy and so is his father, as al-Daruqutni said (9)

Ahmad Ibn Kamil, Ibn razqawiya said about him: I have never laid my eyes on someone better than him (10).

(7) Tarikh Baghdad V15 page 146

( 8 ) Tarikh Baghdad V2 page 73

(9) Tarikh Baghdad V4 page 246 and Su’ulat al-Sahmi entry 34

(10) Tarikh Baghdad V4 page 357

http://alusma.com/en/did-abu-talib-breast-feed-the-prophet/

Hani

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
This isn't a "Hadith", this is a story which isn't a part of Islam as it isn't related to the Prophet (saw) or a Sahabi or a Tabi`ee. It's a story about a Karamah apparently that took place with some kid, or maybe the man had "prolactinoma" which does affect men.

Check also here:
http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/18/men-can-produce-milk-and-breastfeed/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:02:32 PM by Hani »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear