TwelverShia.net Forum

Shia cleric dress

zaid_ibn_ali

Shia cleric dress
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »
I've always wondered why almost all known shia clerics wear a certain dress code i.e same style turban & garments.
Is there any particular reason for this dress code?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Re: Shia cleric dress
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:23:32 PM »
I've always wondered why almost all known shia clerics wear a certain dress code i.e same style turban & garments.
Is there any particular reason for this dress code?

I have not seen a hadith which tells scholars to where such clothing. In fact, it is said it is mustahab to wear a amamah in Salat, and the fuqaha don't seem to make a difference whether the man is a aalim or a jahil.

I see it the same way as how the people who study in the Azhar also have their own dress code, although it doesn't seem to be done as much when compared to Shi'i ulama. It seems to be a thing which popularised during the Safawi era, because I don't think the classical ulama dressed in this manner or followed this code.

I think the purpose is to indicate to the normal people that "fulan" is knowledgable about Islam.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Khaled

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:37:11 AM »
I think the purpose is to indicate to the normal people that "fulan" is knowledgable about Islam.

It is also done to differentiate between a "Sayyid" and a "non-Sayyid"

Reality is however, if these "scholars" stopped wearing that garb, you would never in your life assume they know anything about Islam.
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Hadrami

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:29:38 AM »

Reality is however, if these "scholars" stopped wearing that garb, you would never in your life assume they know anything about Islam.

Its just to show their fake knowledge. Even their mufassir are this "knowledgable". Its embarrasing, they shouldve taken off those garb before "reciting"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:09 PM »

It can be used to distinguish the sayyed and the non-sayyed, yes.

And if these Salafi scholars who appear on TV, who one cannot even understand one word they say and they look like the Dajjal with their one eye, like the Saudi Mufti, stopped wearing their $16,000 dishdasha, people would assume they are still bedouins herding goats.

If you really want to test the knowledge of our scholars, pick up a fiqh book or two. Or mantiq. Or even philosophy, by one of our philosophers.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »

Its just to show their fake knowledge. Even their mufassir are this "knowledgable". Its embarrasing, they shouldve taken off those garb before "reciting"

Lol, this is the "Grand Mufti". If you can understand one word, you are a champion.

https://youtu.be/w2CbUST58qM
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:20:32 PM »
Comparison between Ibn Baz and Sayyed Khamenei in Qur'anic recitation:

https://youtu.be/d7xo-87C0iw
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Khaled

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:22:48 AM »
LOL, I'm sorry that I upset you so much you were forced to reply three times.  I can just picture you in a rage after each time you press post and remember another one of your great "points"

And if these Salafi scholars who appear on TV, who one cannot even understand one word they say and they look like the Dajjal with their one eye, like the Saudi Mufti, stopped wearing their $16,000 dishdasha, people would assume they are still bedouins herding goats.

If you really want to test the knowledge of our scholars, pick up a fiqh book or two. Or mantiq. Or even philosophy, by one of our philosophers.

First of all, I'm not a salafi, so I'm not sure where this rant came from.

Second of all, good job insulting how an old blind man looks like and then claiming that all Saudi scholars wear $16,000 dishdashas (lol, what?). It's so pathetic I'm not even sure how to respond.

Third of all, I'm not Saudi, so your racist rant against them really doesn't offend me.  It's really sad that when your scholars are called out, the only response you have is to turn into racist.

Fourth of all, I have picked up plenty of Shi'a works.  Shi'a fiqh is terrible IMO; combining prayers, wiping on your feet, declaring taraweeh bid'ah, promoting Mut'ah to the level of mustahabb are all examples of a fundamental weakness in Shi'i fiqh.  There's also the fact that every single Marja has his own fiqh, makes the whole issue all that more bazzare.  As far as mantiq, there is nothing that 12ers have that isn't found in the works in mainstream Muslims, whether Ash'ari or Mu'tazili.  The only additions they have is the "evidence" they present for the Imamah, which obviously no one here finds even remotely convincing.

Finally, your last two posts are again, making fun of two old men.  What's funny to me is, Khamenei can't be understood in Arabic (since he doesn't speak it) and at the very least the Mufti goes out in public and speaks; could you imagine how hilarious it would be to hear Sistani string together an Arabic sentence?  As far as the poor recitation of Ibn Baz, are you seriously posting that clip and forgetting about the non-stop videos of Shi'is not even being to recite Surat al-Ikhlas?

In conclusion, I find the Saudis and the 12ers to be two sides of the same coin.  However, lets not kid ourselves and pretend the average turban wearing cleric (if not all of them, lets be real) wouldn't look just like a regular old "uncle" if it wasn't for their "religious garb."  If someone like ibn Baz or the Mufti spoke without their $16,000 dishdasha (which is laughable as both of them literally almost always look homeless) you would still know that they have some understanding of the religion.
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 01:38:52 AM »
LOL, I'm sorry that I upset you so much you were forced to reply three times.  I can just picture you in a rage after each time you press post and remember another one of your great "points"

First of all, I'm not a salafi, so I'm not sure where this rant came from.

Second of all, good job insulting how an old blind man looks like and then claiming that all Saudi scholars wear $16,000 dishdashas (lol, what?). It's so pathetic I'm not even sure how to respond.

Third of all, I'm not Saudi, so your racist rant against them really doesn't offend me.  It's really sad that when your scholars are called out, the only response you have is to turn into racist.

Fourth of all, I have picked up plenty of Shi'a works.  Shi'a fiqh is terrible IMO; combining prayers, wiping on your feet, declaring taraweeh bid'ah, promoting Mut'ah to the level of mustahabb are all examples of a fundamental weakness in Shi'i fiqh.  There's also the fact that every single Marja has his own fiqh, makes the whole issue all that more bazzare.  As far as mantiq, there is nothing that 12ers have that isn't found in the works in mainstream Muslims, whether Ash'ari or Mu'tazili.  The only additions they have is the "evidence" they present for the Imamah, which obviously no one here finds even remotely convincing.

Finally, your last two posts are again, making fun of two old men.  What's funny to me is, Khamenei can't be understood in Arabic (since he doesn't speak it) and at the very least the Mufti goes out in public and speaks; could you imagine how hilarious it would be to hear Sistani string together an Arabic sentence?  As far as the poor recitation of Ibn Baz, are you seriously posting that clip and forgetting about the non-stop videos of Shi'is not even being to recite Surat al-Ikhlas?

In conclusion, I find the Saudis and the 12ers to be two sides of the same coin.  However, lets not kid ourselves and pretend the average turban wearing cleric (if not all of them, lets be real) wouldn't look just like a regular old "uncle" if it wasn't for their "religious garb."  If someone like ibn Baz or the Mufti spoke without their $16,000 dishdasha (which is laughable as both of them literally almost always look homeless) you would still know that they have some understanding of the religion.

Hahahahaha. Not hurt at all, this is a joke to me.

First of all, good job insulting all Shi'i scholars by saying that without their garb, people would assume they know nothing about Islam.

Not sure what racism you saw in my post. Do you even know what racism is?

Well done. The point totally flew past your head, by telling you to pick up a Fiqh book, I was alluding that you study the manahij and not just shout out Shi'i Fiqh rulings. Every single marja having his own Fiqh is as a result of ijtihad, to which the door is open to anyone (according to Usoolis). As for mantiq and other aqli issues, I would recommend you read books like awa'il al-maqalaat by Shaykh Al-Mufid, to which he compares some of the views of the Imamiyya to that of the others.

Actually Sayyed Khamenei is fluent in Arabic and has given Arabic speeches before, and they are available on YouTube. Not sure why you are surprised, he has written Arabic books. In fact, it is said he is familiar with Iraqi poetry (as he has recited Iraqi poems before).

Sayyed Al-Sistani is also fluent in Arabic, he has written books in Arabic. These people have spent years learning Arabic, you can make fun of their accent, but if you pick up a book of theirs you will understand why they became who they are today.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Khaled

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 01:49:59 AM »

Clearly, lol

First of all, good job insulting all Shi'i scholars by saying that without their garb, people would assume they know nothing about Islam.

I'm sorry, I don't respect them, and think their understanding of the religion is beyond shallow.

Apparently you don't, but I guess all the Saudi bashing in your post was academic refutations in your eyes?

Well done. The point totally flew past your head, by telling you to pick up a Fiqh book, I was alluding that you study the manahij and not just shout out Shi'i Fiqh rulings. Every single marja having his own Fiqh is as a result of ijtihad, to which the door is open to anyone (according to Usoolis). As for mantiq and other aqli issues, I would recommend you read books like awa'il al-maqalaat by Shaykh Al-Mufid, to which he compares some of the views of the Imamiyya to that of the others.

And how many books of Usool al-Fiqh have you read?  Reality is, the proof is in the pudding.  The manhaj that you allude is shallow and inconsistent.  I would not consider the "Ja'far" school a legitimate madhhab.

Actually Sayyed Khamenei is fluent in Arabic and has given Arabic speeches before, and they are available on YouTube. Not sure why you are surprised, he has written Arabic books. In fact, it is said he is familiar with Iraqi poetry (as he has recited Iraqi poems before).

Sayyed Al-Sistani is also fluent in Arabic, he has written books in Arabic. These people have spent years learning Arabic, you can make fun of their accent, but if you pick up a book of theirs you will understand why they became who they are today.

If you sincerely consider this "fluent in Arabic" then you turn around make of the Saudi mufti, then I don't know what to tell you.

Plenty of people can claim many things, and books "written" by them is not proof that they are the authors, especially considering how bad their Arabic is.

Once you actually spend some time learning Arabic, tafseer, and Usool al-Fiqh, there is no way you can remain a 12er.  In fact, you'd be embarrassed by this post.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 04:02:14 AM »

Clearly, lol

I'm sorry, I don't respect them, and think their understanding of the religion is beyond shallow.

Apparently you don't, but I guess all the Saudi bashing in your post was academic refutations in your eyes?

And how many books of Usool al-Fiqh have you read?  Reality is, the proof is in the pudding.  The manhaj that you allude is shallow and inconsistent.  I would not consider the "Ja'far" school a legitimate madhhab.

If you sincerely consider this "fluent in Arabic" then you turn around make of the Saudi mufti, then I don't know what to tell you.

Plenty of people can claim many things, and books "written" by them is not proof that they are the authors, especially considering how bad their Arabic is.

Once you actually spend some time learning Arabic, tafseer, and Usool al-Fiqh, there is no way you can remain a 12er.  In fact, you'd be embarrassed by this post.

Lol, there is no racism in my post and I challenge you to point out racism.

Yea, because we should follow the manhaj of your beloved fuqaha with their pathetic qiyas. Have you ever seen the strange fatawa of Abu Hanifa? I believe most of that is due to qiyas. I do not consider any madhab that is not Ja'fari to be a madhab, rather it is simply a bunch of lies and the words of average men. I insha Allah, follow the words of those who the Prophet told me to hold unto, which is the Holy Qur'an and the Progeny.

Yes I consider that fluent in Arabic. What was the problem with his speech, other than his accent? Can you point to examples of what you think proves he isn't fluent? And how on Earth can you compare that to the Saudi mufti, who was saying "blablablabla brbrbshsi"? At least here you can actually hear and understand words. Lol.

محور المقاومة والممانعة

Hadrami

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 10:58:58 AM »

😀 good, but can hardly hear both clearly though. You know & everyone knows its much harder to find sunni scholars who cant recite properly. I can do a quick search and easily find "great" ayatullah who couldnt recite even fatihah properly. Whats funny is you use Khamenei of all people as an example. Hes a joke. He needs a giant mushaf in front of him to be able to recite a surah in salat!!! haha Just admit it, your sect is cursed when it comes to almost everything, including quran recitation. And if shia to be a half decent reciter, you shia always have to imitate sunni. The only "amazing" thing shia do are in beating yourself up. Even my 6yr old daughter can recite Nasr or Ikhlas waaaay better than that Shirazi or alSadr or im sure shell be better than most of your ayatula too. And my daughter doesnt need a mushaf in front of her like Khamenei. What a joke of a religion.
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:48:52 PM by Hadrami »

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 06:18:27 PM »

😀 good, but can hardly hear both clearly though. You know & everyone knows its much harder to find sunni scholars who cant recite properly. I can do a quick search and easily find "great" ayatullah who couldnt recite even fatihah properly. Whats funny is you use Khamenei of all people as an example. Hes a joke. He needs a giant mushaf in front of him to be able to recite a surah in salat!!! haha Just admit it, your sect is cursed when it comes to almost everything, including quran recitation. And if shia to be a half decent reciter, you shia always have to imitate sunni. The only "amazing" thing shia do are in beating yourself up. Even my 6yr old daughter can recite Nasr or Ikhlas waaaay better than that Shirazi or alSadr or im sure shell be better than most of your ayatula too. And my daughter doesnt need a mushaf in front of her like Khamenei. What a joke of a religion.
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Unfortunately for you, I actually know Shi'i Qur'an reciters. And I know Shi'i hufadh. And among them are scholars. The reason why some Shi'a struggle with qira'ah is because they are Persian, but even then they at least recite Surat Al-Fatiha and other smaller surahs correctly, which is what is needed for Salat.

As for Sayyed Khamenei needing a mushaf, you picked one image and tried to generalise. Typical of Wahhabis.

Here: https://youtu.be/I6zJIrXa9Bk

Lol. One thing is for sure, the only thing you people are experts in is blowing yourselves up in market places. Alhamdulillah, we have Shi'i reciters and quraa and Iran year in year out is one of the top countries in this field.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 08:07:27 PM »
Can you name me some of the top shia Quran recitors?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »

http://www.aqaedalshia.com/alshia/suond/quran/01.htm

Also, look how many Iranians have won the Qur'an recitation competition:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Quran_Recital_Competition
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »
@Zlatan

1. Nobody said Rafidah have no huffaadh, however it's rare compared to Sunnis, heck, since you like books, read what your Ayat. Khamenei said, he openly confessed that Rafidah are losers in ALL sciences of the Quran compared to Sunnis, ESPECIALLY tajwid and hifdh:

https://shiascans.com/2017/05/17/from-the-ayatollahs-mouth-sunnis-put-shias-to-shame-when-it-comes-to-the-quran/

2.I'm a Qur'an teacher, as a Shiite it's no wonder that you find no problem with Khamenei's recitation (his Arabic is average at best), his makhaarij and itqaan are all over the place my 9 years old student and 60 years old (adult class) student from Bangladesh recites better than him.

3. Don't give us the lame excuse that your "holy" Maraji3 are Persians, I'm of Persian origin too, and guess what, Sunnis in Iran have mastered the recitation of the Quran just like the rest of the non-Arab Sunnis around the world:

Iranian Sunnis in Zahedan: https://youtu.be/79erHUcUcpM

ETHNIC Persian (Shafii) Sunnis of south Iran compared to "the miracle of Allah" (read laughing stock) Makarem Shirazi:
https://youtu.be/F8LnVWpTf_c
in fact our Sunni Iranian youth, when we wanna have a laugh we visit ANY Shia tenple and thank Allah for the blessings of being Muslim not Shia, that's how notoriously bad your clergy are at RECITING Qur'an.

4. As for the few good Shia Qur'an reciters: By Allah, as an Ex-Shia I can tell you that it is all due to the blessing of SUNNI Qur'an reciters, even when I was a Shiite, I and even the top reciters from Iran I met had NO CHOICE but to look up AND imitate Sunnis (especially Azharis like Abdul Basit), this is because Ahl Al-Sunnah ARE the masters of the Quran, from tafsir to tajwid, heck to study tajwid you have to go through the books of the Iranian Kurdish scholar Al-Jazari, this is because Rafidah have no books on that field on that calibre.

5. As for Aal Shaykh mumbling ... he's some old blind palace scholar, Saudis in general (especially the scholars) are known for very clear Arabic, all Arabs know that, he's not representative, however Rafidah scholars are KNOWN for pathetic recitations, look at the Shaitan Khomeini here (who also couldn't speak Arabic) reciting the Qur'an as if it's a newspaper with one of the worst makhaarij I have ever heard:

https://youtu.be/hRB4RcrRvos

6. You, who considers the cocktail of khurafat and pagansm as a "true madhab" (a3udhubillah wa 7asha), show a single clip, audio, video or anything of your Sextani speaking, teaching or saying a single line in Arabic, by Allah despite being protected by a Shia gov. he has never spoken in public as it would be the biggest embarrassment to all those gullible fools like yourself who actually believe these laughing stocks are "miracles of Allah" and write books (their books are written by a bunch of "students" a well known practice).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:37:12 PM by Ebn Hussein »
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »

I notice you couldn't name me any famous shia recitors.
The list you put up, not a single one is well known & hardly any of them look like they are students, let alone scholars of any learning?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 11:04:39 PM »

I notice you couldn't name me any famous shia recitors.
The list you put up, not a single one is well known & hardly any of them look like they are students, let alone scholars of any learning?

I never said I'm posting famous ones. I myself only listen to Sunni qura'.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Hadrami

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 12:22:23 AM »
The reason why some Shi'a struggle with qira'ah is because they are Persian, but even then they at least recite Surat Al-Fatiha and other smaller surahs correctly, which is what is needed for Salat.
yes, most of them are a joke because they are persian SHIA not persian SUNNI. We Sunni are your imam when it comes to this 😂😂

As for Sayyed Khamenei needing a mushaf, you picked one image and tried to generalise. Typical of Wahhabis.

😂 typical shia, always calling out others as wahabi when we reveal you sorry lil cursed sect. Khamenei usually recite al jummuah in jumma. He cant even memorise 1,5 page and still his recitation is average to say the least

Lol. One thing is for sure, the only thing you people are experts in is blowing yourselves up in market places.
Dont start with suicide bombing subject. Those groups learn the tactics from your cursed sect who pioneered it in early 80s. As usual, the filthy practise which shia started was picked up by other non shia groups.

Alhamdulillah, we have Shi'i reciters and quraa and Iran year in year out is one of the top countries in this field.
Of course you will have reciters, did i said you dont have any? But the sad truth for your curse sect is that to be half decent or considered good shia have to imitate your master, us, Sunni. Deal with it loser.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 12:36:20 AM »
The reason why some Shi'a struggle with qira'ah is because they are Persian, but even then they at least recite Surat Al-Fatiha and other smaller surahs correctly, which is what is needed for Salat.
yes, most of them are a joke because they are persian SHIA not persian SUNNI. We Sunni are your imam when it comes to this 😂😂

😂 typical shia, always calling out others as wahabi when we reveal you sorry lil cursed sect. Khamenei usually recite al jummuah in jumma. He cant even memorise 1,5 page and still his recitation is average to say the least

Lol. One thing is for sure, the only thing you people are experts in is blowing yourselves up in market places.
Dont start with suicide bombing subject. Those groups learn the tactics from your cursed sect who pioneered it in early 80s. As usual, the filthy practise which shia started was picked up by other non shia groups.

Alhamdulillah, we have Shi'i reciters and quraa and Iran year in year out is one of the top countries in this field.
Of course you will have reciters, did i said you dont have any? But the sad truth for your curse sect is that to be half decent or considered good shia have to imitate your master, us, Sunni. Deal with it loser.

Ha. Good joke. Persian Shi'a have done quite well in Qur'an competitions.

There is no wujoob in memorising Surat Al-Jumu'ah although it is better to. Are you sure your Sunni (palace) scholars have all memorised Jumu'ah. And btw we call you Wahhabis because it triggers you lot.

Yea, the Shi'a were never suicide bombing markets with no military target, that's something you guys specialise in. And furthermore, the Shi'a weren't blowing themselves up in Mosques and attempting to kill other Muslims. So nice false equivalence.

By the way, how good were the Umayyad Caliphs at reciting? It is said some of them used to lead the prayers while they are drunk.
محور المقاومة والممانعة