TwelverShia.net Forum

shia news

ummahboard.com

shia news
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:26:43 AM »

Prominent Shia lecturer calls the first two caliphs of Islam “terrorists”
The prominent Shia lecturer Dr Ammar Nakshawani has called some of the Prophet Muhammad’s closest companions, including the first two caliphs of Islam, Abu Bakr al Siddiq and Umar Ibn al Khattab terrorists.

Dr Nakshawani made the controversial comments during a lecture delivered in Masjid Al Husayn in Leicester on October 9.

The lecture – which is over one hour long and has since been removed from the mosque’s YouTube page – argued that the “radical Islam” that we see today stems from the ideology of some of the first generation of Muslims after the Prophet (peace be upon him) died.

Dr Nakshawani is not considered to be a learned scholar in the Shia community and does not have the credentials to deliver fatwas, but he does have a large following (especially among the youth) and in the past has been given mainstream platforms to speak, and has even been involved in Sunni-Shia unity and other inter-faith initiatives.

His comments contradict the religious edicts issued by the two major Shia leaders in the world today – Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Ayatollah Ali Sistani – who have both forbidden the cursing the Prophet’s companions and wives.

http://5pillarsuk.com/video/prominent-shia-lecturer-calls-the-first-two-caliphs-of-islam-terrorists/
http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php?2079-Video-Prominent-Shia-lecturer-calls-the-first-two-caliphs-of-Islam-%93terrorists%94

MuslimAnswers

Re: shia news
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:29:19 PM »
^

Did not watch the video though I have some idea of the controversy online: At the end it is normal Twelver views being expressed. The issue of 'refraining from cursing' I think is a misnomer, since the official Twelver position remains the same... for us Sunnis for example, there is no 'practice of cursing' Satan or Abu Jahl, but we sure don't hold them to be saved (which is more or less how Shias view most of the Top Sahabah and the scholars after them). So until the root remains, the problems will come up again and again.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:30:28 PM by MuslimAnswers »

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »
In the video, he said that in Tabari, Abu Bakar r.a. ordered a munafiq be burnt. Upon checking the internet, this is what I found:

"As for the story of Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) burning Ias Abdul Yalil with fire is documented in the books of history. In the book (Alkamel): “Ias Abdul Yalil came to Abu Bakr and said to him: help me fight the apostates by giving me arms.  He gave him arms and ordered him to follow orders; he came to Muslims and even went down to Aljoa, and sent Nokhba bin Abi Almithae of Bani Sharid and appointed him an Emir on Muslims, then he raided every Muslim in the tribe of Salim, Amer, and Hawazen.  Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) heard about that then he sent somebody to arrest him [Ias] and bring him back. Abu Bakr ordered a fire to be set in the prayer court then he threw him [Ias] in it with his hands tied."

Does anybody know the status of this story? Sahih or dhaeef?

By the way, I was made to understand that the story had been used by Qatar’s Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs in issuing a fatwa regarding burning of a man in 2006 before it was removed prior to incident of the burning of Jordanian pilot by ISIS.

MuslimAnswers

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
^

Others can discuss the credibility of this report though from my own (non-Salafi) sources it is not established. However I see bringing up this issue as posturing, for as far as Shia law is concerned, the apostate is killed even if he repents and comes back to Islam...so arguing about this punishment being by burning or hanging or something else is irrelevant, since the principle of Shia law in this regard is much more harsh than our Sunni law and concentrating on the method is just appealing to emotions.

Hani

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »
its authentic that ali burned people in our books and theirs prolly
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 01:22:28 AM »
There is no difference between what Rajabali, Nakshawani and Yassir Habib preach. Why doesn't he point out how Khomeini ordered the torture of 30,000 Iranian for revolting against him in 1988, while following the 'Jafari fiqh'? Also, why doesn't he point out how Khamenei doesn't allow anyone to criticize him? Did he also forget how he said Sunni Iraqi have no rights in Iraq, and are stupid not to convert to 12er Shia.

ummahboard.com

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 05:48:32 PM »
The curse of sectarianism

http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php?2079-Video-Prominent-Shia-lecturer-calls-the-first-two-caliphs-of-Islam-%93terrorists%94

I don't agree with everything here. but its here  for you to read

ummahboard.com

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »
Imaam Maalik was asked about the Raafidah, so he said, “Do not speak to them, nor relate from them, for indeed they lie.” [Minhaaj As-Sunnah, 1/13]

Shareek Ibn ‘Abdillaah Al-Qaadee, known to have leanings towards exaggerating regarding the Prophet (saw)’s family, though he was just said, “Take from all whom you meet, except for the Raafidah, for they fabricate hadeeths and then take it to be their Religion.” [Minhaaj As-Sunnah]

Hammaad Ibn Salamah said, “One of the shaykhs of the Raafidah said, ‘When we used to gather and find something to be good, we would make it a hadeeth.’ ” [Minhaaj As-Sunnah]

Imaam Ash-Shaafi’ee said, “Among the people who follow their own desires, I have not seen a group bear witness to more lies than the Raafidah.” [Ikhtisaar Uloom Al-Hadeeth, by Ibn Katheer, p.109]

Not only were the Shee’ah the worst of liars, they were also the first to fabricate ahaadeeth:

Ibn Abee Al-Hadeed said, “Know that lies in the hadeeth of virtues first started with the Shee’ah…” [Sharh Nahjul Balaaghah, 2/134]

^This is with the knowledge that Ibn Abee Al-Hadeed was himself a Shee’ah and a Mu’tazilee.

[Taken from “The Sunnah And Its Role In Islamic Legislation” by Shaykh Mustafa As-Sibaa’ee, P.114]

http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php?2143-Deviation-(Shia)-Rafidah-Are-The-Worst-Of-Liars

glorfindel

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 09:03:54 PM »
As-Salam 'Aliekum,

I haven't watched the video but even if we take it as a given that what Abu Bakr (ra) and Umar (ra) did was wrong and it has inspired the likes of ISIS today.

Who inspired the people to create a great and vast civilisation across the world from Morocco to China? It wasn't the Shia!

The irony is that the good and bad that exists today is unfair to be projected backwards in time to people who aren't here to defend themselves - this is unjust and unfair.

The Shia have on many occasions co-opted and Shia-fied many of the enemies of Islam from Mukhtar to others; don't be surprised if the people who were burnt (if it is true - I think Sheikh Dimashqiah has a refutation of this) end up being the Shia of Ali (ra) who were oppressed.

Regards,
Glorfindel

ummahboard.com

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 07:45:28 AM »
Name it, or your statement is wrong?

ummahboard.com

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 06:57:23 PM »

ummahboard.com

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 09:15:30 PM »

ummahboard.com

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 09:17:18 PM »

ummahboard.com

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 09:19:17 PM »
Grand Ayatollahs can't recite the ayat of Allah [PURE COMEDY]

Did the Prophet saw prostrate on the Turbat of Karbala

more here
http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php?1783-Video-Sheikh-Othman-al-Khamees-Shia-and-Other-Video-Collection/page5

ummahboard.com

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 09:20:15 PM »
The first one is a must watch it was so funny how they recite the quran.

Rationalist

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 01:50:02 AM »
Nooo! Why did the user remove the video?

ummahboard.com

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 04:30:33 AM »
My Shia friend have posed a question to me as to how we can claim Sahih Bkhari to be Authentic when Imam Bukhari (May Allah Mercy be upon him) was present 400 years after the death of the Prophet.

http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php?2212-Why-is-al-Bukhari%92s-collection-more-authentic-than-Muslim%92s&p=10595#post10595

see post 4

ummahboard.com

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 01:57:35 AM »
The Every Changing views of Yasir Qadhi

Violence & hatred towards Shi'a ~ Dr. Yasir Qadhi
Shia (Shiite) Islam is not Islam, it is KUFR (disbelief)
unnism & Shi'ism: Press TV interview Dr Yasir Qadhi

http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php?1861-Video-(Deviation)-The-New-Religious-Thoughts-and-Doubts-of-Dr-Yasir-Qadhi/page3

ummahboard.com

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »
https://eruditeblogger.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/are-wahhabis-sunnis-chechnya-conference-and-saudi-anger/

There are two ideological schools in Islam, namely the Sunni and the Shia, in addition to the Sufi school which runs across both, being more of an behavioural outlook on life than an ideological school. Sunni Islam has two main theological schools (Ash’ari/Maturidi and Mu’tazilite) as well as four major legal schools (Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi’i and Hanbali). This conference was organized by Sunni scholars, for Sunni scholars.