TwelverShia.net Forum

Takfir by Khomeini?

Bolani Muslim

Takfir by Khomeini?
« on: September 24, 2015, 05:49:42 AM »
A Shia sent me a link and I thought it was quite interesting:
*The Imam then clarifies what he had meant, that [belief in] wilayah is a prerequisite for the acceptability of works [before God], as will be discussed hereafter, God the Exalted willing.
*That is because [true] faith is not realized except with the wilayah of ‘Ali and his infallible and pure successors, awsiya’ (A). Rather, faith in God and the Messenger would not be accepted without wilayah, as will be mentioned in the next section, God willing.
*Hadith Khomeini uses: Be aware that the man who spends his nights in prayer and his days in fasting and gives as all his property as charity (sadaqah) and performs hajj throughout his life without knowing the wilayah of the Wali of God and without following him, and without conducting himself, in all his actions, according to his guidance—such a person has no right to any reward from God and is not one of the faithful.
*Hadith Khomeini uses:  The same applies to this disobedient and misguided Ummah after its abandoning the Imam appointed for them by their Prophet. Hence God will not accept any of their acts nor elevate any of their good works unless they carry out what God has commanded them and follow the Imam, to whose authority (wilayah) they have been commanded by God to submit, and enter through the door that God and His Messenger have opened for them.
*It may be inferred from all of them that the recognition of wilayah is a condition for the acceptability of works, or, rather, that it is the condition for the acceptability of faith in God and the prophethood of the honored Prophet (S).

He then talks about how the actions of a convert to Shiaism from when he was a non-Shia do not need qadha, minus the zakat to undeserving people.
http://www.al-islam.org/forty-hadith-an-exposition-second-edition-imam-khomeini/thirty-third-hadith-wilayah-and-works

Especially when compared with Khomeini in 'Makasibul Muhramah Volume 1 page 250', it seems like he's doing takfir.

Thoughts?

Bolani Muslim

Re: Takfir by Khomeini?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:50:59 AM »
Makasibul Muhramah by Ayatullah Khomeini, Volume 1 page 250       المكاسب المحرمة ، للخميني ، 1 /250
  المراد بالمؤمن الشيعة الإمامية الاثني عشرية . وأما الأخبار فما اشتملت على المؤمن فكذلك ، وما اشتملت على الأخ لا تشملهم أيضا لعدم الأخوة بيننا وبينهم بعد وجوب البراءة عنهم وعن مذهبهم وعن أئمتهم ، كما تدل عليه الأخبار واقتضته أصول المذهب...وقال: فإنها في مقام تفسيرها اعتبرت الأخوة فيها ، فغيرنا ليسوا بإخواننا
What is meant by the term 'momin', is Shia Ithna Ash'ari only. As for the ahadith which are applicable on the 'momin', so they are meant to be for the Imami shias only. Therefore, the ahadith which mention 'your brother' (for example ahadith on backbiting being akin to eating the meat of one's brother) do not include the non shias (sunnis etc) for there is no brotherhood at all between us Imami shias and the non Shias. In fact, it is absolutely obligatory to do tabarra from them, their schools of thought and their leading scholars, based upon our ahadith which deem it (absolute tabarra from non shias) to be the core of our religion. So whenever brotherhood is implied in religious interpretations, it must be kept in mind that non shias our by no means our brothers.

Rationalist

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 01:11:56 AM »
Salaam Bolani
I forwarded this reference Makasibul Muhramah to a non-12er Shia who works with the 12ers on uniting Muslims. Can you get me publisher and year it was printed? Thanks

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 05:52:34 AM »
I don't speak Arabic, so I might have made a mistake.
The quote can be found on the bottom of this page:
http://tinyurl.com/qhkjgmh

The book is also published by Iran, but (for some reason) I couldn't find that specific phrase on the page (maybe they edited it out). Anyhow, it says on the top of the first page: http://lfile.ir/feqhi-library/book488.pdf
سنة الطبع: ١٣٦٨ - ١٤١٠ ش
The first part means 'Copyright/Publishing Year' according to GT, and the numbers represent what Islamic year it is saying "1368 - Shaban 1410" which is the time Khomeini died and at the bottom it says "commentary by Mujtaba Tehrani". What I can assume is that although Khomeini wrote the book in 1368, he also reread his work and and might have edited while his friend commented (not edited).
Keep in mind that Khomeini was 50 in 1368, to old for the 'young and extreme' excuse and had plenty of time to change his mind.

If an Arab speaker notes a mistake, please tell!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:52:38 AM by Bolani Muslim »

al-kulayni

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
Akhi Bolani, in your link go to page 270 (not the arabic pages of the book, but the page on your pdf document) and you will find the quote http://lfile.ir/feqhi-library/book487.pdf

Rationalist

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 05:16:19 AM »
Jazakallah Brothers. I remember all these 12ers used unity as a tactic to soften their Rafidi views for the sake of dawah. They also mentioned Khominei a lot, and told me how he changed the world by promoting unity. Then I would shut them up by showing them how he considered Ayesha, Talha and Zubair to be worst than pigs and dogs. Now brother Bolani has a posted a reference which goes even beyond that to expose them. Also, I will tell you that these 12ers who promote unity are worst than those who support Yassir Habib. With the Shirazi type of 12ers they will be very straight forward, and if you open your hands to brotherhood, they are welcoming. Whereas the so called unity type 12ers they betray you  once they learn that you will not convert to their close minded madhab.

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 11:38:24 AM »
Thanks bro Kulayni, I missed that!
I agree with bro Rationalist. Similar to how Jihad al-Asghar is open war while Jihad al-Akbar is fighting the nafs. The Shirazi Shias and Khomeini Shias have the exact same beliefs, HOWEVER the Khomeini Shias are much more dangerous because they lure people and slowly poison peoples minds. Khomeini Shias are also a lot more ignorant then their Shirazi and Non-Taqlidi counterparts.

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 09:15:17 AM »
Bro Rationalist, did your Sunni friend working for 'unity' respond?

Rationalist

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 02:35:27 AM »
Nope!

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »

Rationalist

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 07:44:13 PM »
No, and the team are silent about Khomeini declaring Ayesha, Talha and Zubair to be worst than pigs and dogs.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 03:29:46 PM »
The above only makes by respect Sayyed Al-Khomeini (rah) more, as it shows his Fiqhi views are in line with the orthodox opinions.

This, however, does not negate his belief in the unity between the Muslims. What Sayyed Al-Khomeini wants was that the Muslims unite in the face of the shared enemies, between all the sects. This has nothing to do with how the sects view each other (obviously both sects view the other as innovators). But that is a matter related to akhira, in the present world however, Sayyed Al-Khomeini promoted unity, like I said for resisting shared enemies and strengthening the core of the Muslim Ummah.
محور المقاومة