TwelverShia.net Forum

Tarawih Sahih Muslim Volume 8, Book 73, Number 134

Bolani Muslim

Tarawih Sahih Muslim Volume 8, Book 73, Number 134
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:19:19 AM »
Someone sent me this after I sent them the proofs for Tarawih in Sunni books. I was wondering what's a good rebuttal:
Sahih Bukhari, Book 73 : Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab)

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 134:
Narrated Zaid bin Thabit:

Allah's Apostle made a small room (with a palm leaf mat). Allah's Apostle came out (of his house) and prayed in it. Some men came and joined him in his prayer. Then again the next night they came for the prayer, but Allah's Apostle delayed and did not come out to them. So they raised their voices and knocked the door with small stones (to draw his attention). He came out to them in a state of anger, saying, "You are still insisting (on your deed, i.e. Tarawih prayer in the mosque) that I thought that this prayer (Tarawih) might become obligatory on you. So you people, offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer."

Bolani Muslim

Re: Tarawih Sahih Muslim Volume 8, Book 73, Number 134
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:49:46 AM »
From Khalid ibn Waleed:
 it is very clear and ahluh sunnah wal jammah has a consensus on this that the Prophet would pray sometimes in the masjid and sometimes alone at home. The people kept bothering him to come out to pray so that is why he said what he said. He did not want the people to believe it to be compulsory. The evidence is very clear.

Besides this issue though we can point out thousands of bidahs innovated by the shia. The shia were actually the first to innovate the practicing of having birthdays when they celebrated the birthdays of their imams.

http://islamic-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=616

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Bolani Muslim

Re: Tarawih Sahih Muslim Volume 8, Book 73, Number 134
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »
Bro hani, I just realized this was put in the wrong section. Can you put it in 'shia vs sunni general' :p