TwelverShia.net Forum

The miracles at the shrines of the Ahlulbayt peace be upon them.

sid

Salam, i have to ask. How can you deny the imamah whether it be for any other reasons.When there are miracles that happen at the shrines of the ahlulbayt peace be upon them. Such as illness being cured or someones disability goes away,or eye sight comes back,or they get married. How do you justify this. Is this not like when you try to prove the correctness of the quran,then it can be proven by the method of ruqya. Where people with jinn or black magic or sihr are treated by the quran. Or how they violently react when they listen to it?

Mythbuster1

Re: The miracles at the shrines of the Ahlulbayt peace be upon them.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
Islam defines a miracle as an extraordinary act or event that is contrary to the laws of nature and can only come about through the direct intervention of God Almighty Himself.  The Arabic word for miracle is mu’jizah.  It stems from the word ajz, meaning something that incapacitates, cannot be resisted, unique.  According to Islam, miracles are performed by the permission of God, by the Prophets of God.  Miracles are not magic, which is by definition a trick or illusion, nor is a miracle an event brought about by a learned righteous people who are not Prophets of God.

Hindu pundits and sadus do that stuff and fool gullible people and call it miracles here is just one guy....https://www.thehindu.com/2000/08/08/stories/0408210o.htm.

So.......in that sense you can start believing and following  in Hinduism too for they can cure too.

Rationalist

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 04:36:05 AM »
Salam, i have to ask. How can you deny the imamah whether it be for any other reasons.When there are miracles that happen at the shrines of the ahlulbayt peace be upon them. Such as illness being cured or someones disability goes away,or eye sight comes back,or they get married. How do you justify this. Is this not like when you try to prove the correctness of the quran,then it can be proven by the method of ruqya. Where people with jinn or black magic or sihr are treated by the quran. Or how they violently react when they listen to it?

Ruqyah is a self struggle. It involves daily dedication with the Quran. A raqi cannot cure anyone. Its the person afflicted that has to put in the effort. Next, if shrine miracles were that strong that Imam Ali (as) would have easily defeated Muawiyah and the remaining 11 imams would have ruled.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 05:58:52 PM »
Salam, i have to ask. How can you deny the imamah whether it be for any other reasons. When there are miracles that happen at the shrines of the ahlulbayt peace be upon them. Such as illness being cured or someones disability goes away, or eye sight comes back, or they get married. How do you justify this.

Wslm wrh.

Now imamah is reduced from guiding people to curing people and getting people married.

Great!

By the way, what is the difference between your claim above and the articles below then?

https://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1325

https://hindutemplesblog.wordpress.com/top-10-temples-for-curing-illness/

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 06:00:50 PM »
Islam defines a miracle as an extraordinary act or event that is contrary to the laws of nature and can only come about through the direct intervention of God Almighty Himself.  The Arabic word for miracle is mu’jizah.  It stems from the word ajz, meaning something that incapacitates, cannot be resisted, unique.  According to Islam, miracles are performed by the permission of God, by the Prophets of God.  Miracles are not magic, which is by definition a trick or illusion, nor is a miracle an event brought about by a learned righteous people who are not Prophets of God.

Hindu pundits and sadus do that stuff and fool gullible people and call it miracles. Here is just one guy.... https://www.thehindu.com/2000/08/08/stories/0408210o.htm.

So.......in that sense you can start believing and following  in Hinduism too for they can cure too.

Well said!

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »
Salam, i have to ask. How can you deny the imamah whether it be for any other reasons.When there are miracles that happen at the shrines of the ahlulbayt peace be upon them.
Salam,

A Christian could make a similar argument stating:

How can you deny Trinity whether it be for any other reasons. When there are Miracles that happen at the Churches.

For example:

If you ask me about that, all of what is presented these days is Fraud. Beliefs are to be based on Quran, not some alleged miracles, otherwise you will end up becoming Christian, Hindu, etc because all people claim of Miracles to justify their beliefs.

sid

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »
I am just wondering where the shias are and why they arent responding to this. Can one of you sunni guys whose probably friends with iceman call him over.

Rationalist

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 12:59:26 AM »
By the way ruqyah cures do happen, but if the person doesn't read the Quran daily, the curses can return.

whoaretheshia

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »
All of the so-called "miracles" at the Kaa'ba , Shrines, are also found in other religions, and some have demonstrated similar claims by various denominations of Christians at their shrines.

We have to ask ourselves if our beliefs depend on spurious claims, whereby they will be weak if it were not for these claims, or the meat of our claim relies on them, how strong really are they? How well evidenced are our foundations?

I am a Shia, and while it is impossible for me to deny these occurrences as a whole, i do not affirm them either, and instead, deal with them with an eye of skepticism for reasons already mentioned, and refer the matter to Allah.

"I leave behind for you two weighty things, which if you hold onto, you will never go astray...the Quran and my Ahlulbayt" - Musnad Ibn Rawayh (al-Albani classes Isnaad *independently* as Hasan, and Matn as authentic, as does Al-Arnaut, Ibn Hajar and others.